Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,902 comments
For guys that have interest in seeing track logo's rather than the track layout when starting a race/drive, here's a file containing 217 track logo's I made for myself.

Thanks for sharing these Fanapyde. :cheers:

I honestly have a chuckle to myself when I see all these bits of fine-tuning that you do. I'd bet you've got one of the tidiest sim racing UI's in history!

Hey all,

I'm uploading on My Mega my racepack finally haha.
In 2 parts,
Classic 60-80 1.6gb
Modern 90-2010 650mo

SP1 for both, but more could come such as some Group C or anithing like that or more skins

Those are totally add-on cars, they have no connexion to other cars,it doesn't overwrites physics of things like that.
Some cars are in wip so it wan be a little bit bugged.

Here are the link:
https://mega.nz/#!KdJAACoY!qDoPU5RussMjA86pB8_pcs5YOEbHiiDCJ05UxSYXdlg

https://mega.nz/#!XBAAAAyZ!qzF-aTn9_Aj-Yn0zeV50U6ar72QM4VusFiFPwoYAbsI

work in progress
87992305-561297224730766-6707875559206027264-n.jpg

Good to hear. Thats strange on your glossy curbs, first I've ever heard of such a thing;) I assume your track isn't glossy... so I don't have any idea why only your curbs are affected. Maybe try another shader?
No glossy, but maybe Mascott can put some lipstick on those curbs, havent been painted in two decades :lol:

umlu.png

I am also getting reflection from the kerbs. You need to be a certain distance away to see them though, so must just be a kerb shader issue I think:

From disance:
acs 2020-03-07 13-01-27.jpg

Close up:

acs 2020-03-07 13-02-14.jpg

I also think while the kerbs have some work done, the trees could do with maybe brightening or optimising in some way? They seem a bit dark (can be seen in top picture).

But thanks for the rework @P1ButtPlug! Very high FPS on this now!

You guys are too awesome! :scared: I got tasked with putting together a package of tracks and cars for a server, spent all night working on it, and I only just find out there's now a better Sonoma. I was on the fence about including the old one due to performance, but I did anyway. Now it looks like I'll be issuing a hotfix sooner than I expected :ouch: :lol:

I am also getting reflection from the kerbs. You need to be a certain distance away to see them though, so must just be a kerb shader issue I think:

From disance:
View attachment 897660

Close up:

View attachment 897661

I also think while the kerbs have some work done, the trees could do with maybe brightening or optimising in some way? They seem a bit dark (can be seen in top picture).

But thanks for the rework @P1ButtPlug! Very high FPS on this now!
Thx @P1ButtPlug for this nice surprise.
Yapp, kerbs are waay to reflective...
I changed it a bit:
upload_2020-3-7_14-42-41.png

before
upload_2020-3-7_14-43-2.png

better? Should it be darker or brighter? ;)

Here is a heavily optimized Sonoma, originally from Track Reboot, that yields an extra 20+fps, 40 pits with VAO. So ditch your old one with more gooder frames :D

Great work, and it's awesome that this track is finally getting some attention and everyone's giving feedback.

There's always been an issue with the next-to-last turn (T11) of the Indy Layout on this version, and as it stands now, it can be exploited to cut 1-2 seconds off a lap time without penalty. Instead of going all the way to the turn, where the arrow panels are next to the pit entrance, you can turn in and take the first turn (marked as a dashed grey line that goes to T12 below), and apparently, it's not set up to be an off track area. There also isn't anything blocking the turn or to indicate you can't turn there. There might also be similar "exploits" on the other layouts, but I haven't tested those yet.

Apparently most of the best RSR Live Time lap times recorded for this version used this "shortcut." I wonder if there's a way to offer this track, with this corrected, in a way that RSR will log it as a new track, and not retain all the "exploited" lap times.

Also, the two "hills" surfaces might be tweaked. You can see in real-world replays that there are definitely bumps all over the track (it's old and exposed to extreme conditions), and especially on the second hill (T8A), but I think they're exaggerated some on this virtual version. An Indycar definitely jumps around, but the hill on T6 can launch the car, and the bumps on T8A are quite extreme.

With these improvements, and the quality of this mod now, just a few more tweaks and adjustments, and it'll be great!

NewSonoma.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For guys that have interest in seeing track logo's rather than the track layout when starting a race/drive, here's a file containing 217 track logo's I made for myself.
You will need to put hem in the corresponding track ui's (delete the track name and just leave logo.png), so it will take some effort/time, but surely a lot less than tracking them and adjust them to fit.
They are all 250 X 250 pixels, which seems to the right measure.
For some there's a difference between modern and olde;)r track logo's (for some vintage tracks I copied real posters).

I did not find it necessary, but for tracks with multiple layouts where you want to see which one you are going to drive (but you would have seen that before starting, right ?) you could add the layout contours to the icon (like the Kemora example I showed a few pages back). I did not do that for my icons, so it is what it is.

Enjoy

Update on the icons.

I had some friendly requests, which made the icon count rise to 308 now.
So new link: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/track-logos-for-cm-start-screen.31373/

Don't worry, there were no changes to the existing icons. Just check the new DL to get some of the icons that were missing. :gtpflag:

Last edited:
I need help, I drive during the day but all my replay are at night!
I checked my settings, all seem normal, is this a known bug?
Only thing I can think of is to reinstall SOL and maybe reset all your sol settings to default using the sol config app. Just write down any changes you have made as I'm not sure there's a way to back up sol settings.
What version of CSP you running?

Only thing I can think of is to reinstall SOL and maybe reset all your sol settings to default using the sol config app. Just write down any changes you have made as I'm not sure there's a way to back up sol settings.
What version of CSP you running?
Latest CSP, but it has been like that for a while.

Latest CSP, but it has been like that for a while.

I noticed that happening with long replays when using the last couple versions of CSP. What I discovered, was if I fast forward to the end, and then go back to the start it would revert to the proper time settings. Sometimes I had to do that a couple times, but it always worked.

Carrieres de Beez 1960's

Thanks to the clear guidance from Legion/GzeroD, I've managed to get the pits working properly at Gilles75's Carrieres de Beez 1960's track.
As I stated earlier, it's dated looking, especially when compared to some of the tracks we've seen released recently, but that being said, it's just a super fun track to race on, a great flow to it (IMHO).

All credit goes to Gilles75 and Legion.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ax4tp4plqbpjoem/beez.rar?dl=0

Here is a heavily optimized Sonoma, originally from Track Reboot, that yields an extra 20+fps, 40 pits with VAO. So ditch your old one with more gooder frames :D

I've also found that some issues with the walls, especially along the start/finish straight. It seems to vary along the length of the wall, but the car can go through the concrete, then catch on another section, and launch the car.

Carrieres de Beez 1960's
Thanks to the clear guidance from Legion/GzeroD, I've managed to get the pits working properly at Gilles75's Carrieres de Beez 1960's track.
As I stated earlier, it's dated looking, especially when compared to some of the tracks we've seen released recently, but that being said, it's just a super fun track to race on, a great flow to it (IMHO).
All credit goes to Gilles75 and Legion.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ax4tp4plqbpjoem/beez.rar?dl=0
Nice, I´ve since months a tweaked version in the drawer and from time to time I try to tweak it a bit more. But other projects and RL didn´t let me do much since a longer time. :)
Here just 2 screenies:
upload_2020-3-7_18-6-35.png

upload_2020-3-7_18-7-18.png

Many textures and shaders are completely outdated and my last probs I couldn´t solve so far, where shaders who ignore seasonal adjustments. :(
If it´s ok I could take these pits and integrate into my version?

Here is so far my last WIP config for lights and older grass and seasonal adjustments. With a lot of help from leBluem. But it´s still not finished yet. Hope you enjoy it anyway. :)
Thx for your version and keep this little old gem im mind! :)

Attachments

• carrieres_de_beez_1971.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 78
Nice, I´ve since months a tweaked version in the drawer and from time to time I try to tweak it a bit more. But other projects and RL didn´t let me do much since a longer time. :)
Here just 2 screenies:
View attachment 897692

View attachment 897693

Many textures and shaders are completely outdated and my last probs I couldn´t solve so far, where shaders who ignore seasonal adjustments. :(
If it´s ok I could take these pits and integrate into my version?

Here is so far my last WIP config for lights and older grass and seasonal adjustments. With a lot of help from leBluem. But it´s still not finished yet. Hope you enjoy it anyway. :)
Thx for your version and keep this little old gem im mind! :)

Wow, that's beautiful work! Of course, use the new pits in your version, and please think about finishing it sometime. Like you said, it's a "little old gem" :)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back