Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,907 comments
Here's a question for the folks with bigger brains than mine...

Is there any way to get functioning pits at a track that doesn't have them, without 3DSmax ? I've just spent some laps driving Gilles75 Carrieres de Beez 1960's track, and yes, visually it's a bit dated, but it's a blast to drive. But the lack of properly functioning pits is a real pain... Could simply editing the surfaces.ini possibly fix it ? Any advice will be greatly appreciated :)

Here's a question for the folks with bigger brains than mine...

Is there any way to get functioning pits at a track that doesn't have them, without 3DSmax ? I've just spent some laps driving Gilles75 Carrieres de Beez 1960's track, and yes, visually it's a bit dated, but it's a blast to drive. But the lack of properly functioning pits is a real pain... Could simply editing the surfaces.ini possibly fix it ? Any advice will be greatly appreciated :)

You don't need MAX as it can be done with 3DSimED. You need to rename the mesh(s) to nPIT where n is any number except zero. If you need to edit the meshes that make up the pits then save them separately and delete them from the main file then save and close. Open and edit the mesh and save out the bits as separate meshs and the reimport them into the main file.

Alfa Guilietta Spyder rework for TC Legends update.
Added 5th gear. Final drive ratio is now adjustable. I think this might be what it needed, I find it way more competitive with stretched out gears.
Didn't flip the mirrors but the weird thing is that they're fine for me. Everything works as intended. Not sure if that's a VR thing. ? . ?

(added an extra power.lut for a certain someone that can't get enough horsepower. Good luck controlling it. Hahahahahaa!!! It's in the data folder, you just have to rename it. --> save the original though)

You don't need MAX as it can be done with 3DSimED. You need to rename the mesh(s) to nPIT where n is any number except zero. If you need to edit the meshes that make up the pits then save them separately and delete them from the main file then save and close. Open and edit the mesh and save out the bits as separate meshs and the reimport them into the main file.

Thanks very much for this, I'll give it a bash and hope for the best! Cheers!

Here is a heavily optimized Sonoma, originally from Track Reboot, that yields an extra 20+fps, 40 pits with VAO. So ditch your old one with more gooder frames :D
https://mega.nz/#!RY9DyKRZ!LisRcvxyjj8CB_ieziwURAEV2Qq3KKK6rUlP3YCWJoU

vi68.jpg
c6ew.jpg
Got a chance to try the track. So much better!
I'm getting the green and blue kerbs to be really glossy and reflective though. Is that just me? Is that a config issue or does anybody else get them reflective?

So if you have to put a FLIP=1 in a car cfg within the Documents/Assetto Corsa folder to flip the mirrors, where do you do it for the car?
I assume you have to unpack the kn5 and do something in there?
You need to adjust the mirror first (with an app like BLM Car, for example) to create the actual config, and then add FLIP=1 directly below the affected mirror.
You should find the config in Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\real_mirrors.
I'm not sure if there's a way to have this fix in an extension folder in the car folder itself. That would be a better way as the fix would get downloaded with the car.
Of course, the absolute best way would be for the modder to fix the issue in the model itself.

Last edited:
You need to adjust the mirror first (with an app like BLM Car, for example) to create the actual config, and then add FLIP=1 directly below the affected mirror.
You should find the config in Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\real_mirrors.
I'm not sure if there's a way to have this fix in an extension folder in the car folder itself. That would be a better way as the fix would get downloaded with the car.
Of course, the absolute best way would be for the modder to fix the issue in the model itself.
Let me check if I can add Flip mirrors (edit: and rotate) to BLM Car

Last edited:
Got a chance to try the track. So much better!
I'm getting the green and blue kerbs to be really glossy and reflective though. Is that just me? Is that a config issue or does anybody else get them reflective?

Good to hear. Thats strange on your glossy curbs, first I've ever heard of such a thing;) I assume your track isn't glossy... so I don't have any idea why only your curbs are affected. Maybe try another shader?
No glossy, but maybe Mascott can put some lipstick on those curbs, havent been painted in two decades :lol:

umlu.png

No purple here. I didn't do anything to configs and whatnot.
Weird. Is that with @The7thSense 's car? I just checked the original Panda car and that looks fine, so it's not something that's been introduced with the latest CSP. Talking of which, backfires now belch out a puff of black smoke from the exhaust which looks awesome in these old cars.

Here you go Mascot. Should be fixed now ;) Link is updated on the previous post.
Perfect! Thanks very much.

@P1ButtPlug the Sonama kerb/white line DDS files look to have normal brightness so no idea why the optimised version of the track now has these much darker kerbs/lines out on the track. Maybe they need a new config slapping on them.

Edit: just checked the old version of Sonama and it's also now showing dark curbs/lines which it didn't do before. My guess is a recent CSP update causes this, along with some other weirdness there:

Screenshot_alfa_romeo_giulietta_spider_tcl_sonoma_7-3-120-8-34-23.jpg

Edit: reverted to preview 40 and the kerbs are still weird. Maybe a Sol issue then? I'm stumped.

Last edited:
Perfect! Thanks very much.

@P1ButtPlug the Sonama kerb/white line DDS files look to have normal brightness so no idea why the optimised version of the track now has these much darker kerbs/lines out on the track. Maybe they need a new config slapping on them.

Edit: just checked the old version of Sonama and it's also now showing dark curbs/lines which it didn't do before. My guess is a recent CSP update causes this, along with some other weirdness there:

View attachment 897622

Edit: reverted to preview 40 and the kerbs are still weird. Maybe a Sol issue then? I'm stumped.

Sol has no affect on that. This shot is from a vid of Terra21 there. This was Oct 2019, so the difference here is obviously the correct curbs but whats missing is the groove. So I wonder when the grove was put in, it did a number on the curbs.

Same set of curbs:

iumq.png

umlu.png

Sol has no affect on that. This shot is from a vid of Terra21 there. This was Oct 2019, so the difference here is obviously the correct curbs but whats missing is the groove. So I wonder when the grove was put in, it did a number on the curbs.
Good idea, but renaming groove.kn5 has no effect. Already tried that.
And the old pre-groove version of the track also now shows these dark curbs.

For guys that have interest in seeing track logo's rather than the track layout when starting a race/drive, here's a file containing (now 308) track logo's I made for myself.
You will need to put hem in the corresponding track ui's (delete the track name and just leave logo.png), so it will take some effort/time, but surely a lot less than tracking them and adjust them to fit.
They are all 250 X 250 pixels, which seems to the right measure.
For some there's a difference between modern and older track logo's (for some vintage tracks I copied real posters).

I did not find it necessary, but for tracks with multiple layouts where you want to see which one you are going to drive (but you would have seen that before starting, right ?) you could add the layout contours to the icon (like the Kemora example I showed a few pages back). I did not do that for my icons, so it is what it is.

NEW LINK ! (now on RD)

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/track-logos-for-cm-start-screen.31373/

Just an example:

tricons.png

Enjoy ;)

Last edited:
I could use some info/help on these black lines (rays) that are visible in front of the car (always straight wherever the car points at). This is the fixed Sonoma but I had it happen on a few other stracks before.

They are sometimes darker and even more visible, always pretty disturbing.
No idea what causes this ? (Maybe one of the gazillion CSP sliders ?)

rays.png
rayes.png

Lorenzo Prati (LP Design) might do it, I guess. He's already done a similar concept and loves Alfas. He rarely publicly releases his cars though.
https://www.facebook.com/LorenzoPrati93

View attachment 897638 View attachment 897639
HE wont, I asked him if he will do mods again outside of that rally group and he said the assetto corsa community has disrespected him and his hard one (one guy shared his gatc mod and now he has told the other few thousand of us to sod off). I'll never understand the mentality of some of these modders but oh well, it isnt like there is any shortage of modders out there, we are already spoilt for choice with what we have.

I could use some info/help on these black lines (rays) that are visible in front of the car (always straight wherever the car points at). This is the fixed Sonoma but I had it happen on a few other stracks before.

They are sometimes darker and even more visible, always pretty disturbing.
No idea what causes this ? (Maybe one of the gazillion CSP sliders ?)

untick here.

On that video of exhaust above, the vid I showed, its even affected by wind (+30mph) ;)
4gr1.png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back