Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,902 comments
I played some more with sol config and this is my final effect with the Blackcelica 2020 ppfilter. Won't change it more since I am very happy with the effect.

Settings:

zLEkk5R.png

A6ujg00.png

Effect:

03p4gXb.png

2ZTlLau.png

fwhAUsI.png

Is there somewhere a gt86 rocket bunny style mod that's worth having and is kunos like quality or based on kunos stock?
There's 3 of them on assettoland. I would get those, test them and go from there. If you find a good one and still have issues, post them here and I can see if I can help.

@GzeroD, you're truly doing GØD's work with your obscure development cars from motoring history archives. It's brilliant getting to drive the wonderful prototypes.
Just noticed an issue with the glass on your 917 K Mira High Wing: purple edges to the slider vent holes, and opaque purple nasties when viewed from outside the car. Easy fix?
Screenshot_legion_porsche_917k_mira00_maple_valley_fm7_16-3-120-23-7-40.jpg Screenshot_legion_porsche_917k_mira00_maple_valley_fm7_16-3-120-23-11-1.jpg

Not sure if this is supposed to be paddle/sequential shifting only but the shifting animation (and gearstick) is manual, but you can add gated shifting support to match the shift animations in data\drivetain.ini.
Change SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=0 to SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=1

View attachment 900182

I use the bonnet cam to race in Assetto Corsa so I don't use the interior view very often to be honest. The transmission in the Evora GX is a sequential I'm pretty sure, and a gated manual seems to be uncommon or not used entirely in GT4-spec race cars so the Genesis GT4 I made is equipped with a sequential transmission. Unfortunately, the model doesn't have a sequential shifter or paddles, so the animation remains manual despite the different gearbox. Again it isn't a problem for me because I use bonnet cam instead of cockpit cam, but I am curious as to what you'd consider a fix for this issue.

Good looking, fun to drive car, but it seems very fast. It's on par with ACFL's Alpine A110 GT4 (which is imo also too fast), but 6 - 10" faster than other GT4 cars... which is a huge difference.
All cars tested on stock settings.​

I'm curious as to what track and settings you've been using to test. When I was testing the AI, it was lapping Barcelona about 2 seconds ahead of the Kunos GT4 cars and 2 seconds behind the Evora GX and that seemed like a good place for me.

I'm assuming it was you driving the car that produced such faster lap times than the Kunos GT4 cars. I wonder if balancing the Genesis GT4 to match you with the Kunos cars would destroy the AI Genesis' competitiveness.

@MisterWaffles @Fanapryde
The power.lut is off for this car. Looks like the torque curve doesn't match the RPMs of what the engine is limited to do.
Drop this power.lut into your data folder and you should be withing GT4 spec. Car has 500hp now and should be between 400-450hp. Obviously change .txt to .lut

I'd like to test this file. If I use it and think it's a good addition, do I have your permission to include it in a v2 upload?

Also, thanks to everyone I'm quoting and otherwise for the feedback. It's very important to help me hone this tune update.

.../... I'm curious as to what track and settings you've been using to test. When I was testing the AI, it was lapping Barcelona about 2 seconds ahead of the Kunos GT4 cars and 2 seconds behind the Evora GX and that seemed like a good place for me.

I'm assuming it was you driving the car that produced such faster lap times than the Kunos GT4 cars. I wonder if balancing the Genesis GT4 to match you with the Kunos cars would destroy the AI Genesis' competitiveness. .../...

I always test new cars in stock settings on Okutama Grand in practice or hotlap mode. Time around noon, optimum track, SOL scattered clouds.
I have not raced the car yet.
So looking at CM/Lap Times it's easy for me to compare.

I always test new cars in stock settings on Okutama Grand in practice or hotlap mode. Time around noon, optimum track, SOL scattered clouds.
I have not raced the car yet.
So looking at CM/Lap Times it's easy for me to compare.

I'm worried that if the performance was brought down to a level where the Genesis is lapping within a second or two of the Kunos GT4 cars when you drive them, the AI would perform significantly worse than if the performance was left alone.

Would you be willing to do a couple test races with both an unrestricted Genesis and a Genesis that matches Kunos performance and let me know how it feels and how the AI is affected? Perhaps that file Beezer215 provided will fix the issue?

Either way this disparity between the player performance and the AI performance is troubling. I'll have to do some further testing of my own alongside the testing of Beezer's new balancing file.

I use the bonnet cam to race in Assetto Corsa so I don't use the interior view very often to be honest. The transmission in the Evora GX is a sequential I'm pretty sure, and a gated manual seems to be uncommon or not used entirely in GT4-spec race cars so the Genesis GT4 I made is equipped with a sequential transmission. Unfortunately, the model doesn't have a sequential shifter or paddles, so the animation remains manual despite the different gearbox. Again it isn't a problem for me because I use bonnet cam instead of cockpit cam, but I am curious as to what you'd consider a fix for this issue.
Adding the manual shift option was a good fix for me - I prefer gated shifting to paddles in saloon cars and even if it's not likely in a GT4 car it works well with this one. Kind of like driving a BTCC.

Adding the manual shift option was a good fix for me - I prefer gated shifting to paddles in saloon cars and even if it's not likely in a GT4 car it works well with this one. Kind of like driving a BTCC.

OK, I'll include that line you posted in the next update. Thanks for the input.

I'm worried that if the performance was brought down to a level where the Genesis is lapping within a second or two of the Kunos GT4 cars when you drive them, the AI would perform significantly worse than if the performance was left alone.

Would you be willing to do a couple test races with both an unrestricted Genesis and a Genesis that matches Kunos performance and let me know how it feels and how the AI is affected? Perhaps that file Beezer215 provided will fix the issue?

Either way this disparity between the player performance and the AI performance is troubling. I'll have to do some further testing of my own alongside the testing of Beezer's new balancing file.

Sure. Was closing the rig for tonight. I was driving the version from your post here: AC PC Mod Discussion - Do not ask for paid mods. Do not post paid mods.

I'd like to test this file. If I use it and think it's a good addition, do I have your permission to include it in a v2 upload?

Also, thanks to everyone I'm quoting and otherwise for the feedback. It's very important to help me hone this tune update.
Of course you can use it. I'm here to help, not get caught up with tizzies and fits.

If you need any help with the ai.ini I can help with that too. If the car can exert a certain level of performance then you can be assured that the AI can not only as well but be made to go up and beyond to the point you would never be able to catch them. Don't worry about them little bastards.

Sure. Was closing the rig for tonight. I was driving the version from your post here: AC PC Mod Discussion - Do not ask for paid mods. Do not post paid mods.

That's the first version, there was a 1.1 fix that just made some alterations to the sound files but that was it.

I'd duplicate the car and add the file Beezer215 provided to the duplicate and try comparing the unaltered original version to Beezer's version. Let me know how much faster the car with the new power curve laps Okutama.

Also @Beezer215 thanks for the offer to help with the AI. I'll try testing your file in a bit and see what happens when the AI get ahold of it.

If it needs more power, let me know. The hp/tonne ratio was somewhere around 308.x. Whereas the Guerilla/Rollovers GT4 cars are anywhere from 280's to 315's I believe. I wanted it to position in the middle.

@MisterWaffles maybe a different car name to be able to run both versions ? I found @Beezer215 power txt again. For some reason I failed to try that... :embarrassed:

Just checked the achieved top speed and that is also higher than the other GT4's.

Probably a result of the messy power curve that the base version has at the moment. Installing Beezer's file should bring the top speed down.

Also @Beezer215 I'm having trouble changing the power.txt to the proper file format and the game keeps crashing.

Probably a result of the messy power curve that the base version has at the moment. Installing Beezer's file should bring the top speed down.

Also @Beezer215 I'm having trouble changing the power.txt to the proper file format and the game keeps crashing.
Hmmm. Firing up my rig right now.
You should be able to change the extension with no problems. I'll check it now.

Hmmm. Firing up my rig right now.
You should be able to change the extension with no problems. I'll check it now.

I renamed the file from 'power.txt' to 'power.lut' but the file remains as a text file despite a rename. Doesn't matter if the data folder is packed or not either.

I had to reassign the sound to the lotus again and it's working fine. The power.lut file isn't going to crash the car I believe. Reassign your sound.

That sounds like a computer,windows thing and not an actual file issue. I don't have any problem replacing files. I do it every time I get on AC it seems. :D lol

I tried reassigning the sound and it's still returning the same "drivetrain broken" message from Content Manager.

Can you check the data folder of your Genesis GT4 and see if your power file is a .lut? I know that GTPlanet doesn't support adding .lut files to posts, so maybe put it in a zip folder and upload it to google drive to share so I don't need to convert the file type.

Ok I followed the tutorial on file conversion and the car is working now. I'll test the AI on Barcelona now using the same settings I used when making the tune at first.

EDIT: Intial results so far are promising. The Genesis now laps a 1:56.25 compared to the Porsche's 1:56.0 and the Maserati's 1:58.9

I'll run this event a couple more times to confirm these are the average AI lap times of Barcelona.

Last edited:
Mclaren F1 LM Final V1
fixed the F1 LM year it was not made in 1997 it was actually made in 1995
fixed the reverse light again unknowindriver placed it on the wrong side he used the
F1 LM chassis LM2 which had the reverse lights on the other side now its like the
F1 XP1

We are really sorry if we caused any confusion with the F1 LM mod
View attachment 899184
View attachment 899185
unknowindriver will now work on this.
View attachment 899186

It's got too much torque for it's own good; way too much for a street car; even too much for a track car. It's almost impossible to make smooth shifts without getting all the way out of the loud pedal It would seem more realistic if the bulk of the torque curve were moved up a couple thousand revs. Other than that, it's a pleasure to drive. Looks good, sounds good too.

After testing the Genesis GT4 a bit more with Beezer's new file the Genesis was able to record a 1:53 around Barelona by the AI on the second Time Attack session while the Porsche and Maserati were still stuck around a 1:56. I'll run it back another time and see how the results hold up.

Definitley closer to Kunos BOP than before, but some more testing needs to be done still.

I'm thinking of including two versions of the car in the next update. One for Kunos BOP and one for Guerilla Mods/ Evora GX BOP.

After testing the Genesis GT4 a bit more with Beezer's new file the Genesis was able to record a 1:53 around Barelona by the AI on the second Time Attack session while the Porsche and Maserati were still stuck around a 1:56. I'll run it back another time and see how the results hold up.

Definitley closer to Kunos BOP than before, but some more testing needs to be done still.

I'm thinking of including two versions of the car in the next update. One for Kunos BOP and one for Guerilla Mods/ Evora GX BOP.
Alright, holy cow, the car is using the Corvette C7.R GTE tyres. A little much. They have an F rating and don't even match. lol
So, if we're using tyres that don't match, I got rid of those and put on the GT4 Aston Vantage tyres from the rollovers just for ***** and giggles. Way better. Better feel and better match to the car.
To get the car closer to the rest weight wise, go into car.ini and make TOTALMASS=1480
This gave a better BoP to the rollovers and kunos.
Also the suspension is as stiff as a board. I'm not trying to redo your whole car here but give this suspensions.ini a try and see what you think.
With this new suspension you can feel the weight transfer through the wheel more and feel when you lose grip and the rear starts to lose it. You have to drive the car a little more yourself and it feels more like what a GT4 car should feel. They produce a lot of sway and weight transfer compared to GT3 cars.

Attachments

• suspensions.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 21
Alright, holy cow, the car is using the Corvette C7.R GTE tyres. A little much. They have an F rating and don't even match. lol
So, if we're using tyres that don't match, I got rid of those and put on the GT4 Aston Vantage tyres from the rollovers just for ***** and giggles. Way better. Better feel and better match to the car.
To get the car closer to the rest weight wise, go into car.ini and make TOTALMASS=1480
This gave a better BoP to the rollovers and kunos.
Also the suspension is as stiff as a board. I'm not trying to redo your whole car here but give this suspensions.ini a try and see what you think.
With this new suspension you can feel the weight transfer through the wheel more and feel when you lose grip and the rear starts to lose it. You have to drive the car a little more yourself and it feels more like what a GT4 car should feel. They produce a lot of sway and weight transfer compared to GT3 cars.

I wrote in my initial release that the reason I used C7.R GTE tires was because they were the closest match Content Manager gave me that weren't mod tires. Didn't want to fit non-kunos tires to the car. Pretty much every other tire on the slicks list from Kunos content is F.

Thanks for the suggestion on the weight. I'll apply that for the Kunos BoP version.

As for the suspension, that's subjective and I like my suspension to be very stiff with less weight transfer. I'll try out your setup though.

Sorry, I didn't remember the original text that went with it, I should have looked that up.
You're right, suspension is subjective. I think taking the numbers away and not looking at what they say, you have to ask, how does the car feel. Can I feel the car digging into a corner, do i have mechanical grip and where is that edge. Sometimes when a suspension is too stiff it goes from - I'm making this corner - to - the rear end is gone and I have no chance of recovering. All in an instant. Obviously your preference is your preference all within the spectrum of what's available.

Sorry, I didn't remember the original text that went with it, I should have looked that up.
You're right, suspension is subjective. I think taking the numbers away and not looking at what they say, you have to ask, how does the car feel. Can I feel the car digging into a corner, do i have mechanical grip and where is that edge. Sometimes when a suspension is too stiff it goes from - I'm making this corner - to - the rear end is gone and I have no chance of recovering. All in an instant. Obviously your preference is your preference all within the spectrum of what's available.

Honestly it would be nice if I could use the "generate new tires" option in Content Manager and create my own set of slicks for the car, but that thing is so confusing with all the bots and networks I don't even want to look at it. I'll try it with several different GT4 tires from different mods I have and see how the car behaves.

I was wondering about that Aston GT4 you were talking about. Is the Rollovers mod available for download anywhere or is it hidden? The only GT4 car of theirs I was aware of (and use) is the KTM. Since you mentioned that one felt very good I thought it would be the best place to start.

(currently I do have an Aston GT4 but it's the one from Assettoland using the RaceDepartment BoP edit)

EDIT:

Holy cow, your suspension settings are amazing. I'm definitely leaving it on the car for Version 2. You've convinced me away from stiff, it feels that good to drive.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back