Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,902 comments
Honestly it would be nice if I could use the "generate new tires" option in Content Manager and create my own set of slicks for the car, but that thing is so confusing with all the bots and networks I don't even want to look at it. I'll try it with several different GT4 tires from different mods I have and see how the car behaves.

I was wondering about that Aston GT4 you were talking about. Is the Rollovers mod available for download anywhere or is it hidden? The only GT4 car of theirs I was aware of (and use) is the KTM. Since you mentioned that one felt very good I thought it would be the best place to start.

(currently I do have an Aston GT4 but it's the one from Assettoland using the RaceDepartment BoP edit)

EDIT:

Holy cow, your suspension settings are amazing. I'm definitely leaving it on the car for Version 2. You've convinced me away from stiff, it feels that good to drive.

https://mega.nz/#F!eE8z0CoB!4FJd5v4l7ClnrklqUysktg

Here is the Guerilla GT4 page that was posted here. Probably like 5 pages back. All their work will be updated here. I just chose the aston becausd it was first on the list, but, I think the tyres they use for each of their cars are very similar. Maybe another of their cars would suit better.

Thanks for the compliment. I've been working at trying to get that certain feel out of the cars. Loose vintage, gt4, gt3. What I've found is that the magic kunos gets is the tyre that compliments the suspension. Those have to match to get that feel they are able to get. Where the rear end can get loose but still controllable. It's a fine line and I have a lot to learn. GzeroD has a lot of nice secrets and you can learn a lot from him as well as looking at some of the other finer modders out here.

Here is the Guerilla GT4 page that was posted here. Probably like 5 pages back. All their work will be updated here. I just chose the aston becausd it was first on the list, but, I think the tyres they use for each of their cars are very similar. Maybe another of their cars would suit better.

Thanks for the compliment. I've been working at trying to get that certain feel out of the cars. Loose vintage, gt4, gt3. What I've found is that the magic kunos gets is the tyre that compliments the suspension. Those have to match to get that feel they are able to get. Where the rear end can get loose but still controllable. It's a fine line and I have a lot to learn. GzeroD has a lot of nice secrets and you can learn a lot from him as well as looking at some of the other finer modders out here.

Ah, I see. I wasn't aware that Guerilla and Rollovers were one in the same, or closely linked at least. If I were you I'd delete that DL link though because the last time someone posted that stuff outside of their facebook group they went pretty crazy. They're very protective of their stuff so I probably won't use their tire compound then because they might consider it stealing.

I have access to their facebook group though, so downloading their content isn't an issue for me. Thanks anyways.

Ah, I see. I wasn't aware that Guerilla and Rollovers were one in the same, or closely linked at least. If I were you I'd delete that DL link though because the last time someone posted that stuff outside of their facebook group they went pretty crazy. They're very protective of their stuff so I probably won't use their tire compound then because they might consider it stealing.

I have access to their facebook group though, so downloading their content isn't an issue for me. Thanks anyways.
LOL, that's the thing though, THEY posted it here and took everyone by surprise. :cheers:
(thanks by the way Guerilla)
Maybe you're right. I merely wanted to try their tyre with your car against their cars just to BoP it and take away one variable if I could. I would just ask them what they think if you wanted to use it. For me, I'm keeping it as is but then again, I won't be sharing the car anywhere else. All personal use.

By the way, one of these days I'm going to learn how to use that Create A Tyre app.

LOL, that's the thing though, THEY posted it here and took everyone by surprise. :cheers:
(thanks by the way Guerilla)
Maybe you're right. I merely wanted to try their tyre with your car against their cars just to BoP it and take away one variable if I could. I would just ask them what they think if you wanted to use it. For me, I'm keeping it as is but then again, I won't be sharing the car anywhere else. All personal use.

By the way, one of these days I'm going to learn how to use that Create A Tyre app.

How about the tire compounds on the Legion Mustang GT4 or Assettoland BMW M3 GT4? Could you test both of those and see how they feel compared to the Aston tires you've fitted already? It would be much easier to include those over the Guerilla tires and I'd feel much more comfortable using those instead if I released version 2 with new tires.

How about the tire compounds on the Legion Mustang GT4 or Assettoland BMW M3 GT4? Could you test both of those and see how they feel compared to the Aston tires you've fitted already? It would be much easier to include those over the Guerilla tires and I'd feel much more comfortable using those instead if I released version 2 with new tires.
I used the Kunos GT4 Cayman and they seemed to be fine. They got up to pressure in a couple laps and wore out evenly while maintaining a decent grip.
Usable I would say.

I used the Kunos GT4 Cayman and they seemed to be fine. They got up to pressure in a couple laps and wore out evenly while maintaining a decent grip.
Usable I would say.

Tried taking a look at that and the only compound on my Cayman GT4 is slick hard. Just making sure I wasn't being an idiot and accidentally got rid of them somehow, do you have more than one compound on that car? Unfortunately they're still an F on the compatibility scale for the Genesis but at least they're closer to GT4-spec and they're Kunos.

Here's an idea: since Kunos is already doing all the heavy lifting for a slate of GT4 cars for Assetto Corsa Competitzione, why don't they apply all that hard-won data to a GT4 DLC set for Assetto Corsa? They might even rake in enough money to offset the millions they must be losing on the unloved ACC. Seriously, what's wrong with all these GT4 cars coming out now (and the older generation that Kunos put out for AC years ago) is that they lack the kind of standardized BoP that outfits like the FIA, ACO, IMSA, NASCAR and the SCCA can mandate in their regs. In my tests on a 4-mile track, the various GT4 lap times vary as much as 11 seconds. The Genesis is the worst offender (totally unrealistic grip levels), being at least four sec/lap faster than its closest competitor. Sure is fun to drive though!

First choose a tyre from a car with a similar weight and downforce and grip level to what you want. Copy the tyre.ini and the adjust width, radius and rim radius to match your car. Check the dependencies the tyre.ini calls and copy those also....

That is, width is only important if you want the skid marks to match your car.
Radius must match your car or your car will not sit on the ground.
Rim Radius is only important if you want blown/flat tyres to look right....

... The main point is to choose a car with similar weight, downforce and grip. The size is not important as you can change that in the .ini.
Choosing a car like this will mean the tyre will be worked the same, and heating and wear will be similar.

You can check all the sizes using Content Manager. CM Showroom\car params(tab)\Physics\(tick)Wheels

Cheers
@MisterWaffles see above
From over ten thousand posts ago!

Found on Facebook - Vector W8 TwinTurbo :

'Since someone here called Benjamin asked for a link of this Vector W8 TwinTurbo made by Fernando Valentim from Brazil which I posted this image in a post here yesterday, I went ahead uploading it for all of you obviously.

Now go and relive all of your GT2 childhood wet dreams with it in Seattle just like I did days ago lol'

89441485_830384910790390_3763389802343301120_o.jpg

Link : https://mega.nz/?fbclid=IwAR1uLeL0R...Q!tVd4rOLbBkWfV90AWAFhGE5p3u9_kYU1y8XrdNK9PXI
My GT2 memories.I'm glad I can run again.

Found on Facebook - Vector W8 TwinTurbo :

'Since someone here called Benjamin asked for a link of this Vector W8 TwinTurbo made by Fernando Valentim from Brazil which I posted this image in a post here yesterday, I went ahead uploading it for all of you obviously.

Now go and relive all of your GT2 childhood wet dreams with it in Seattle just like I did days ago lol'

89441485_830384910790390_3763389802343301120_o.jpg

Link : https://mega.nz/?fbclid=IwAR1uLeL0R...Q!tVd4rOLbBkWfV90AWAFhGE5p3u9_kYU1y8XrdNK9PXI
Probably one of the worst cockpits I've ever seen in an AC mod.
I guess some people must still use chase cam?

After testing the Genesis GT4 a bit more with Beezer's new file the Genesis was able to record a 1:53 around Barelona by the AI on the second Time Attack session while the Porsche and Maserati were still stuck around a 1:56. I'll run it back another time and see how the results hold up.

Definitley closer to Kunos BOP than before, but some more testing needs to be done still.

I'm thinking of including two versions of the car in the next update. One for Kunos BOP and one for Guerilla Mods/ Evora GX BOP.
Is the Hyundai GT4 an existing GT4 car or is it fictional?

1. copy the original folder to "ks_mercedes_amg_gt3_2020"
2. unpack new car folder directly into new car folder (overwrite any files)
3. rename data_2020.acd to data.acd
4. delete all skins folders apart from the "AMG_2020_White" folder
5. rename "sfx/ks_mercedes_amg_gt3.bank" to "sfx/ks_mercedes_amg_gt3_2020.bank"
6. edit "ui/ui_car.json" change year to 2020 and anything else you see fit

Edit: I was way to slow! I blame my mobile :lol:
I did EVERYTHING step by step, but still, game keeps crashing.
It says race is cancelled.

Last edited:
I finally updated my BLM Lights app.

Thanks to the ones who asked me to do it and to those who tested it and gave me feedbacks (amongst them @Fanapryde, @Masscot, @slider666).

From RD:
First of all, sorry for being away so long and for having not updated the app after the CSP has changed the way configurations can be built.
Real life, and a work that takes me far from home much more than I'd like to, had almost made me give up on updating it. Not that I wanted to.

Lately a few users asked me about the app and yesterday I finally took a look at it, thinking it would have been a mess changing the logic of the parser I had built in order to correctly load the new configuration files.

Well, here I am posting an update.
What's changed:

• ver. 1.12
    • Fixed problem with loading duplicated sections or sections that no longer have unique identifiers
    • Fixed problem with lights (material adjustments) turning off and not turning on again (due to a change in the CSP)
    • Added many colors presets for building lights (thanks @Please Stop This aka LeBluem)
    • Improved the Wet-Like effect for roads
    • Minor fixes and improvements
  • ver. 1.13
    • Fixed duplicated options too (used for fireworks f.i.)

Last edited:
I did EVERYTHING step by step, but still, game keeps crashing.
It says race is cancelled.

Check your PM, also, I've edited my post to make it a bit easier to follow. Not so sure if the unpacking data part was required but I am not at the computer for the rest of the day so can't check, that technique listed definitely works though 👍

Audi TT Coupé 3.2 quattro DSG
Version 3.1 - 2020.03.17

Graphics update for the Audi, now is up-to-date with latest CSP!

89939813_520302932009253_474363078960480256_o.jpg

FULL CHANGELOG

- corrected downshift time
- tweaked chrome, rim and tyres materials
- VAO patch (thanks to RealAKP)
- skins with CSP materials
- PBR interior materials (CSP only)
- exhaust smoke (CSP 0.1.47 or above only)

DOWNLOAD HERE

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back