Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,908 comments
Folks sure are getting edgy on here. But then so's the rest of the world these days. More driving and gaming please!
I don't think it's that. It's more a case of the increasing (and frankly irritating) tendency for some modders (and this isn't aimed at Kenneth) to make people 'earn' access to the mods by jumping through unnecessary hoops. A simple link is all anyone needs. We shouldn't need to solve a puzzle first, or become paying 'gold' members, or join secret groups, or agree to torrent god knows what and give god knows who access to our PCs.

Some modders need to take a reality check and realise that they aren't demigods who can make their disciples dance like performing monkeys to get a reward. In reality it's more about stroking their own egos and feeling important than anything else. People used to mod as a hobby for the fun of it and want as many people as possible to freely try their work. Now it seems modding is increasingly being used as a cash cow and/or a way to get some intangible virtual (and laughably pointless) respect from random strangers.

It's ridiculous.

Ford GT 2017 fixed took me so many tries to get an baidu account working just for this anyway the car's wing now finally works both the wing and airbrake move rev lights are added to meet the actual 2017 GT and maybe some power adjustments? enjoy the mod.
Note if you are the creator of this mod and want it removed from here just pm me.

View attachment 900603
View attachment 900604

Thanks for the updates. This is looking pretty good!

With a little more refinement. some physics tweaks, and more liveries to include the striped versions, this will be the best I've seen so far.

I don't think it's that. It's more a case of the increasing (and frankly irritating) tendency for some modders (and this isn't aimed at Kenneth) to make people 'earn' access to the mods by jumping through unnecessary hoops. A simple link is all anyone needs. We shouldn't need to solve a puzzle first, or become paying 'gold' members, or join secret groups, or agree to torrent god knows what and give god knows who access to our PCs.

Some modders need to take a reality check and realise that they aren't demigods who can make their disciples dance like performing monkeys to get a reward. In reality it's more about stroking their own egos and feeling important than anything else. People used to mod as a hobby for the fun of it and want as many people as possible to freely try their work. Now it seems modding is increasingly being used as a cash cow and/or a way to get some intangible virtual (and laughably pointless) respect from random strangers.

It's ridiculous.

Agree totally. I think in the future before I let any of you have any skins I make, I'm gonna demand that you send me video proof of you running round the local Costco draped head to foot in nothing but toilet paper, and then I'll send you a link to my work. ;)

Not really on full scale projects lately, however here is a quick, yet important update in case you use my Lancia skin:

https://www.racedepartment.com/down...-giro-ditalia-automobilistico-1977-539.29078/

__custom_showroom_1584550186.png

This mod still needs better glass.:dopey:

Feel free to contact the author here: https://perendinator.blogspot.com/

@Beezer215 : Yes it is, the physics, sounds and lighting system is good on the car, however the 3D model is on old one and mostly on the low-poly side. It is worth to note though, that the car itself is quite unique and ultra rare, therefore I am really happy to see in the game and to be fair it is always worth to keep a legend alive.

Is it usable though? Is the model worth it? I can't check it out until later. Love classic muscle cars but I'm starting the "tidy up my hard drive of questionable content" phase.

I don’t know, only opened it in game, not even in VR to check I if the windshield and the glass were there. They are almost non existant so I closed it, as it is not useable for me in that state.
I am with you also getting a little more selective on what I keep in game as opposed to what I store on a different drive for (possible) futur use. That said I might be more lenient on a particular model if it is one of those cars that I would really like to drive IRL, like this one. All that to say that I am not in a position to judge with impartiality.

Feel free to contact the author

If the author needs me to notice the windshield is hardly there, we have a larger issue. Either he knows but does not know how to fix it or he his OK with the way it is. That is hard to miss.

Last edited:
Is it usable though? Is the model worth it? I can't check it out until later. Love classic muscle cars but I'm starting the "tidy up my hard drive of questionable content" phase.

Made a couple of laps, as usual with new cars (stock settings).
Whipers working, we can chose remove the bumpers or not.
Sound is good, very good for me.
The driving isn't that good, I have more 60's Vettes with better handling.
Anyways, I will keep them.

Okay, this is specific, but there's one thing about certain mods that annoys me; mods exclusive to facebook pages or other social media. There's some mods I had to get by joining a facebook group (which annoys me) and I can only share a link to the fb page if I share it on a youtube video. Not the download link itself. The problem I have with this is that joining the club is free, you just have to wait for approval (which most people will probably get given anyway). The mods I get there are free, so why is there a need to require sharing a link to the club? What's the purpose?

Another slight pet-peeve I have with fb groups are people that keep mods to themselves, but show pictures of them. It's basically telling me that "here's what I have made, but you can't have it". Yes, I know that people don't have to share their mods if they don't have to, but it just feels like flat-out teasing.

Wow, thank you. Any idea about how to make lights work in showroom?
Btw how did you do that?
I second this. How did you do it? I thought it was a time consuming process.
click on the fix buttons and the car will be perfect
This specific error meant corrupt data.acd for me every time, happened often with cloned cars until I figured it out. Fix button doesn't help unfortunately. Anyway, I helped him solve it via PM.

Got bored and watched a few GT4 races in Gran Turismo Sport on YouTube. Then I got an idea and have set a fictional GT4 version of the Ferrari 488 myself by copy-and-paste. I have to say it turns out pretty nice. :dopey:
What do you guys think? Should I work on this?
ooh yes, please keep working

Feel free to contact the author here: https://perendinator.blogspot.com/

@Beezer215 : Yes it is, the physics, sounds and lighting system is good on the car, however the 3D model is on old one and mostly on the low-poly side. It is worth to note though, that the car itself is quite unique and ultra rare, therefore I am really happy to see in the game and to be fair it is always worth to keep a legend alive.
So Mick from DeBary, Florida is behind Legion's blog? :eek:
All this time I had no idea. ;) :lol:
I'll just message him and see if he understands that the glass is nonexistent. Maybe we can somewhat fix these up. I'm not worried about the driving/handling, that's usually an easy fix.

Got bored and watched a few GT4 races in Gran Turismo Sport on YouTube. Then I got an idea and have set a fictional GT4 version of the Ferrari 488 myself by copy-and-paste. I have to say it turns out pretty nice. :dopey:
What do you guys think? Should I work on this?

custom-showroom-1584539876.jpg

That looks really nice as a concept, although quite similar to the 488 challenge.

I wonder if these GT4 modifications you're going to make would be easy to apply to the 458 Italia as well? I love that car much more than the 488. At the very least I hope there's good livery support for the 488 GT4 you're going to make.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back