Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,910 comments
That looks really nice as a concept, although quite similar to the 488 challenge.

I wonder if these GT4 modifications you're going to make would be easy to apply to the 458 Italia as well? I love that car much more than the 488. At the very least I hope there's good livery support for the 488 GT4 you're going to make.

Same here, I love the 458 Italia. The Stage 3 is one of my favourites car in the game. And I really like the 488 Pista by Beto as I find it very similar (as drivability of course)

This may be a stupid question regarding circuit layouts: MOTO layout = bikes layout?
For Barcelona Circuit, it is. I don't follow MotoGP but I remember there was a fatal incident and they created a safer layout for bike races. It must the Moto layout in Assetto Corsa.

Edit: This was wrong, they used to race on moto layout until the fatal crash, now they are using F1 layout for MotoGP races. Thanks to @safi hellie for correction.

Last edited:

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 112
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 99
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 99
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 105
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 104
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 106
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 103
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 105
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Got bored and watched a few GT4 races in Gran Turismo Sport on YouTube. Then I got an idea and have set a fictional GT4 version of the Ferrari 488 myself by copy-and-paste. I have to say it turns out pretty nice. :dopey:
What do you guys think? Should I work on this?

custom-showroom-1584539876.jpg
I like it, it reminds me of the way I used to tune cars in GT5 and GT6

I have some problems with my settings. When driving, smoke is rising at the back of the cars and on tracks like Daytona or Zolder they are looking like they drive in slowmotion. Could someone give me some advice please to solve those issues because i don´t really know what to do?

Hi mate.

Do not reupload. Ironic that my skins are included in your Mitsubishi Starion and I see no credit or permissions given by me to include them with "your" upload.

I have no problem with my skins being used privately but I would appreciate a shout if you're gonna include them on your site :odd:

For Barcelona Circuit, it is. I don't follow MotoGP but I remember there was a fatal incident and they created a safer layout for bike races. It must the Moto layout in Assetto Corsa.

The bike racers used to have the long fast sweeping corner still in use till few years ago, it was the cars that had the chicanes put in. But then Luis Salom died in a crash so they used the F1 circuit then.

You can download the same machine from my post yesterday evening and yes, it works using the generate tyres functionality in CM. There is a readme in the download with instructions on how to use the machines to generate tyres.

My GT4 'machine' was simply based on the Kunos GT4 Hard compound tyre from the Cayman and Maserati GT4 cars which only have the one tyre choice. The machine just generates a set of that compound tyre for any wheel within the correct size specifications.

You and anybody can use, modify and share any of my uploaded stuff as and when you want, no permission or credit needed.

Just having a bit more of an issue here, if you don't mind.

I've extracted every zip file included in the download to the actools content manager > presets > tyres generation > tyres machines folder, but they aren't appearing in my CM 'replace tires' window on the right where they should be.

There are also two .json files I'm unclear about.

Last edited:
The bike racers used to have the long fast sweeping corner still in use till few years ago, it was the cars that had the chicanes put in. But then Luis Salom died in a crash so they used the F1 circuit then.
Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense since the Barcelona Moto layout in AC runs around the final chicane, faster and more dangerous than the F1 circuit. Cheers.

Not sure I understand what you need.

Let's see if I can explain it better. From a car I downloaded, Maserati 4CLT, I already saw the pilot's file, that I can paint a helmet and overalls, Okay. The other one that I downloaded also found in DDS format, the file of the helmet to paint, but I haven't tested how the positioning will remain, for example, if I make the Graham Hill helmet model, the others in one color just don't have a problem. The most important question that I couldn't get them to understand is the position inside the cockpit, as I showed in the images I posted. Is there any way to make the driver more flat or down as it was in some cars at the time. The original DRIVER3D file on some cars leaves the driver far above. I don't know if it's possible to modify anything in this DRIVER3D file, because there are some parameters in this folder that I tried to modify, but it didn't change at all. The 3D pilot file, KN5 format, I don't even know how to modify it. That was just what I wanted to report.

Got bored and watched a few GT4 races in Gran Turismo Sport on YouTube. Then I got an idea and have set a fictional GT4 version of the Ferrari 488 myself by copy-and-paste. I have to say it turns out pretty nice. :dopey:
What do you guys think? Should I work on this?

custom-showroom-1584539876.jpg

It's a lovely start, certainly. Just replace that wing with a smaller size like you get on the R8 GT4 and refine the bodywork a bit so it doesn't look too much like a riced version of the road car.
Can I also suggest some other GT4 ideas for you? I thought the following could compliment your 488 perfectly:
A Brabham BT62 GT4
A Renault RS01 GT4
A Nissan GTR GT4

Just having a bit more of an issue here, if you don't mind.

I've extracted every zip file included in the download to the actools content manager > presets > tyres generation > tyres machines folder, but they aren't appearing in my CM 'replace tires' window on the right where they should be.

There are also two .json files I'm unclear about.

Are you unzipping the individual machines to that folder or just the main download zip file?

The individual machines themselves are zip files and should remain that way in the actools content manager > presets > tyres generation > tyres machines folder, I believe the process in CM won't work if they're unzipped.

Sorry if that wasn't clear in the instructions, I can see how that could be misinterpreted.

Man, you've got to pray harder!, i just updated and it is still ****ed up.
Here's how I fixed it - for now.
Go into the content folder, there's a cars-off folder. Cut and paste the cars in there back into the cars folder. Content manager is then going to freak out if you select one of the cars that reappear and give you error messeges and tell you you shouldn't be seeing this. lol
Then you should be able to close out and reopen CM and they will be in there. You also may get copies of the cars in both cars and cars-off folders also whereas I just renamed cars-off to something else to test if they still work and make sure before deleting that folder.

Of course apologies if you knew this and did this already.

Are you unzipping the individual machines to that folder or just the main download zip file?

The individual machines themselves are zip files and should remain that way in the actools content manager > presets > tyres generation > tyres machines folder, I believe the process in CM won't work if they're unzipped.

Sorry if that wasn't clear in the instructions, I can see how that could be misinterpreted.

Thanks for the clarification. I got the machine working and the GT4 tires have been fitted. Feels pretty great to drive.

I'll be ready to release in a little bit, just need to make sure everything is in order and then one final homologation test.

Let's see if I can explain it better. From a car I downloaded, Maserati 4CLT, I already saw the pilot's file, that I can paint a helmet and overalls, Okay. The other one that I downloaded also found in DDS format, the file of the helmet to paint, but I haven't tested how the positioning will remain, for example, if I make the Graham Hill helmet model, the others in one color just don't have a problem. The most important question that I couldn't get them to understand is the position inside the cockpit, as I showed in the images I posted. Is there any way to make the driver more flat or down as it was in some cars at the time. The original DRIVER3D file on some cars leaves the driver far above. I don't know if it's possible to modify anything in this DRIVER3D file, because there are some parameters in this folder that I tried to modify, but it didn't change at all. The 3D pilot file, KN5 format, I don't even know how to modify it. That was just what I wanted to report.

Content Manager > CM Showroom > Car params > tick Driver > tick Movable Driver > click display window and driver should appear > hit 't' key to display alignment gimbals > carefully move the driver around > click Save pos > click Save KNH.

If you can't get close, choose another driver from another car, copy the steer.ksanim and driver_base_pos.knh to your car and try again.

Content Manager > CM Showroom > Car params > tick Driver > click display window and driver should appear > home tab (back arrow on menu) > select drivers helmet > select texture in txdiffuse > click View mapping > save (icon appears in bottom right corner) > use that saved wire diagram as an overlay for the helmet texture in your favourite editor.

Thank you very much for this.
There is a problem with it for me though. I loose the dashboard lines when I use your kn5 file and I only see the numbers. Is that something that I'm not doing correctly perhaps?
I haven't even tried if it works properly, but you would have to re-enable display's material ksemissive in CM shaders editor etc. It's for skins and custom showrooms. Backup/rename original kn5 and when you're done vice versa.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back