Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,333 comments
This is truly fantastic work. Also, the story of this being taken from one of those scumbag AC Mod sites charging money for other's work, and being updated for everyone, for free, is heartening. I've had this mod in F1C, rFactor, rF2 and now AC and it is a blast.

First of all, the 1937 and 1967 mods available for free are so much better than the Scumbag's version that it isn't even funny. Avoid that site at all costs! Having said that, I'm not impressed with the free 1975 mod. The only difference I can find between the free and paid versions is that the cars in the free version are so stiff and unresponsive that they won't turn. I admit that I am not good at setups; after spending the better part of an evening I was able to get the car to at least turn rather than slamming straight into a wall, but that's about it. I'm not trying to be critical here, just want to enjoy this mod and it's not happening for me. Is there some advice you can give to setting this mod up?

I've been downloading recommended tracks by gamermuscle and suggestions here, but just sticking with official Kunos cars for now.
If there was some official list of known great cars I might try a few.
The Ginettas on Race Department should be your very first port of call.
Then the Seat Leon EuroCup cars, also on RD.

OMG, thank you so much for this information, I'm so grateful !

I tried it and... so amazing, the whole work is very well done, top quality.

Bye "letdown427" and thank you again ! ;-)

I'm very much just the messenger :) Glad you enjoyed it though!

This is truly fantastic work. Also, the story of this being taken from one of those scumbag AC Mod sites charging money for other's work, and being updated for everyone, for free, is heartening. I've had this mod in F1C, rFactor, rF2 and now AC and it is a blast.

As I said the AC Legends GT mod by Smallblockhero and Bazza von Dutch is really great fun, whether the handling is 100% realistic I don't know but the variety of cars and the grids you can have make for fantastic racing and the cars are a handful to drive, so it's one of my most used mods.

I'm not a big open wheel racer but I'm looking forward to trying a grid of these in VR :)

I'd really dig giving that 2018 Civic Type R a proper thrashing...]

So I found this mod, but turns out it's for Grand Theft Auto 5.

How does GTA5 get a new Civic Type R before any proper driving/racing sims?

20180101014524-1_orig.jpg

20171227232111-1_orig.jpg

20180101013331-1_orig.jpg

Stupid question, yes, but is there a hardcoded limit for how long tracks can be? Or is it more of what a reasonable PC can handle and tire/fuel wear being too much?

I admit that I am not good at setups; after spending the better part of an evening I was able to get the car to at least turn rather than slamming straight into a wall, but that's about it. I'm not trying to be critical here, just want to enjoy this mod and it's not happening for me. Is there some advice you can give to setting this mod up?

I have had versions of this before and this version has the best cockpits of the lot - that's really important to me, so the laps I did last night were all setting up the view and head movement apps etc, more than the handling. I tend to drive older cars and F1s with little or no down force so these feel good out of the box and a very forgiving. If you can drive the 72D Lotus and the 312T Ferrari then these should feel ok. More front wing & softer front springs and up the rear anti-roll bars should get them to be more pointy. Try the Classic Kyalami track - it is fast and flowing - though I did notice that the default setup tends towards neutral/understeer so a bit of a lift is needed to get them to turn in more. Here's the forum thread over on F1 Classic. http://f1classic.your-talk.com/t19537p50-update-2018-03-11-f1-classic-formula-1-1975-ai-update

Anyone tried the Lister Storm GT2 from Assettoland yet? Just curious as to how it compares to the RSS GT1 version.

https://mega.nz/#!8KwSATBQ!D-ZA5Z0HJNN_0NCM4fRma8ORt4MT-N75JacvBhN75a8

Also:

I didn't bother downloading it because the description on Assetto Land says something like, "The 3D Model isn't good". Or something like that. Not exactly a ringing endorsement. Especially when RSS has A3DR making 3D models for them. I didn't even know he was a part of RSS until just a few days ago. I should have assumed - the cars are so freakin' beautiful. Fun to drive too! :D

Stupid question, yes, but is there a hardcoded limit for how long tracks can be? Or is it more of what a reasonable PC can handle and tire/fuel wear being too much?
Not hardcoded perse, but the further you get away from the center point of the track the more the engine starts to struggle and the more graphical errors start to appear.
Brandon is correct. Stefano recently spoke about this and explained how ACC is going to rectify this problem due to the fact that it is fully 64-Bit. Something about 32-Bit limitations when it came to calculating physics accurately the further the car traveled from 0,0 coordinates.. I'm assuming the part about 0,0 coordinates, but that would make the most sense. That's why some tracks are wicked long and have no problems...They curve and climb and curve and climb, so they're never really that far from the center.

Stefano said something along the lines of "We could make a track go to Mars (or was it the Moon?) and back without trouble now on the 64-Bit architecture. I haven't heard anyone say anything about the low speed physics. Anyone? They hired a new Mechanical Engineer solely to do physics, so I hope ACC blows my mind with the driving dynamics.
giphy.gif

Did everybody get the new F1 '75 Historic Full Mod v1.05 update that was released yesterday?? (730MB+)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/u3zihr7yj1c8y2i/F1C75+Historic+F1+by+Bazza+v1.05.rar

Not hardcoded perse, but the further you get away from the center point of the track the more the engine starts to struggle and the more graphical errors start to appear.
So it's like the car is receiving radio waves from a central transmitter, and the signal fades and breaks up as the car gets further away?

I think Stefano is pulling our plonkers. It makes no sense at all.! :confused:

I'm guessing because my knowledge on this isn't exactly deep. So what I think he's talking about is:

32Bit is much more limited in memory compared to 64Bit. Therefore you cannot store/have as many Integers. I'm guessing that the further from the centre of the map, the bigger the numbers, you run out of memory/Integers, once you go beyond that limit things start back from zero overwriting the other data that should be there, that's when you get your errors.

The reason I think this is because of something that sprung up on Youtube one day, I figure it's a similar situation.
There's a very thoroughly tried and tested (and 100% successful) thing in the original Gameboy Pokemon games hacking and speedrunning communities. I was fascinated by some videos that popped up in my recommended list one day, people described technical things in an easy to understand way. They can literally manipulate the games to do whatever they want by manipulating the Integers in memory. It's achieved by doing specific actions a specific number of times in specific places of the map. Firstly it causes the memory to "overfill" if you will, start from zero again, then all of those particularly chosen actions result in exact pieces of data overwriting specific data in the exact place they want it to.

Prototypes can be so much fun on the C1 Loop. It's too bad that the AI gets whittled down by off-ramp blockages and overpass supports, and gods forbid you get one happening ahead of you in the first half a lap of a race. :/

The toughest car I attempted to skin is the Praga R1. If you have ever skinned a car, or even anything that can be properly textured, you have to learn how templates work. So what you can do is to learn from other skins to make your own skins for cars. I still consider Content Manager to be an excellent preview tool. As much as I have used 3DSimEd for editing GTR2 and rFactor skins, CM works very well for a program outside of Assetto Corsa.

Now back to the Praga R1. This is what I came up with:

hppragar1_orig.jpg

My Assetto Corsa portfolio

This was not easy, folks. Simplistic as it looks, I had to learn to rotate and flip logos and graphics on this car's right side to get things to work. I even had to halve logos to get the center graphics working. Remember that I had to rotate and flip graphics on the right side. So editing was a real pain. This was one of the toughest skin jobs I tried to come up with. I could actually challenge myself to make some outlandish paint scheme. For example, something like the Hoonigan Monster Energy cars, or maybe even the Monster Energy Racing cars in "GRID Autosport." I actually have tried to practice refining my technique with those Hoonigan-type cars as my inspiration to try wilder designs.

Maybe Assetto Corsa is the best racing game I've played to where I spend more time modding than actually playing the game. Because this post involved Assetto Corsa, I just shared my stuff here.

[UPDATE] Some spelling errors corrected.

Last edited:
So it's like the car is receiving radio waves from a central transmitter, and the signal fades and breaks up as the car gets further away?

I think Stefano is pulling our plonkers. It makes no sense at all.! :confused:

As Lewis mentioned, it's related to using 32bit numbers to identify the position of the car (not just the car as an object but the physics of each element that is modelled)

Fundamentally the physics will be based on forces happening at certain points.

This isn't exactly how it works I assume, but for simplicity's sake imagine you are using 7 digits to describe the x, y and z axis, and you can stick a decimal point in there wherever. Let's say the physics works in centimetres for the sake of it.

So a blob might be 10 centimetres from the centre on the x axis. You can specify it is exactly 10.00000cm along the x axis.

Now imagine that blob is in fact 100 metres away. You've still got 7 digits and it's still measured in cm in the physics engine, so now it's 100x100cm away, or 10000.00cm along the x axis.

By the time it's 10km along the x axis, you're at 1000000cm, so you can see now any changes in position can only be recorded to the nearest cm, which is a lot less precise.

Things would start to jump about a bit as any movement would only be resolved to the nearest cm.

As I say that isn't exactly how it works, but that's the sort of thing that's causing the shakes!

I was reading one of the earlier posts on this page regarding what mods to pick up for Assetto Corsa. I do have the Ginetta G4 GT4 mod. I am considering adding the Seat Leon Cup and even one of the Renault Clio mods to my AC collection.

One crazy thing about RaceDepartment and Assetto Corsa is that there are almost 6K skins for cars on RD (5,922 AC skins on my last check)! I hope to add to that number once I feel I've jazzed up my skins enough to where people would want to download them. One thing I read from some comments was about wanting 4K style skins. I guess that means I'd need to go from the usual 2042x2048 skins to 4096x4096 for those who want even more detail and can handle it. When I made skins for GTR2, I mostly focused on the lower-spec skins rather than high detail ones. I don't know if I can do higher-res graphics for a game which I don't fully meet all of the requirements for. I am pretty content with what I've come up with so far. Of course, I can always improve.

Just to say again- thank all of you who have been supportive and responsive of my work for Assetto Corsa! Being on GTPlanet for 14 years, I've come across many great people here in my time.

Just out of curiousity, that XJ220 on Assetto Land is the paid mod from Assetto Drive?
I have the AD Jaguar XJ220 and as a matter of fact, I was just driving it about 12 hours ago. I think it drives like crap...I'll give it another try on Nordschleife soon, but I have a feeling I'll be sending that Jaguar to the trash bin. A real shame.

I was reading one of the earlier posts on this page regarding what mods to pick up for Assetto Corsa. I do have the Ginetta G4 GT4 mod. I am considering adding the Seat Leon Cup and even one of the Renault Clio mods to my AC collection.

Seriously - it'll take longer to ponder this (and write about it on a forum ;)) than to actually do it. It's a couple of clicks to get these cars, and they are free (not to mention excellent). What is there to 'consider'? Get them, try them, then keep or delete them. It's easy enough. You make it sound like a big decision, but you are overthinking it. Testing a wealth of freely-available car and track mods is one of the purest joys of Assetto Corsa. Dive in..!
:)

I have the AD Jaguar XJ220 and as a matter of fact, I was just driving it about 12 hours ago. I think it drives like crap...I'll give it another try on Nordschleife soon, but I have a feeling I'll be sending that Jaguar to the trash bin. A real shame.

Someone is working on a new release of the XJ220, they have fixed the model as the Forza one it was ripped from was too low and wide. I believe they were waiting for someone to help them fix the headlight covers, as the animation meant after turning them off they disappeared inside the car as the animation was done for the old model. They've apparently improved the physics, but who knows what that means!

Attachments

• 28423831_349710155544299_3411460842559309819_o.jpg
    28423831_349710155544299_3411460842559309819_o.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 35
Seriously - it'll take longer to ponder this (and write about it on a forum ;)) than to actually do it. It's a couple of clicks to get these cars, and they are free (not to mention excellent). What is there to 'consider'? Get them, try them, then keep or delete them. It's easy enough. You make it sound like a big decision, but you are overthinking it. Testing a wealth of freely-available car and track mods is one of the purest joys of Assetto Corsa. Dive in..!
:)

I kinda appreciate taking it slowly first, paying attention to every detail. I did that at first but then got addicted to the drug, wanting more and more, cramming every mod in existence onto my hard drive looking for that one treasure among all the trash.....:lol:

I kinda appreciate taking it slowly first, paying attention to every detail. I did that at first but then got addicted to the drug, wanting more and more, cramming every mod in existence onto my hard drive looking for that one treasure among all the trash.....:lol:

My experience is that there is a lot more great mod, scratch and conversion than trash, but what do I know.
There is a new thread on the chit chat section on the official forum where we discuss outstanding car mods you might find interesting.

First of all, the 1937 and 1967 mods available for free are so much better than the Scumbag's version that it isn't even funny. Avoid that site at all costs! Having said that, I'm not impressed with the free 1975 mod. The only difference I can find between the free and paid versions is that the cars in the free version are so stiff and unresponsive that they won't turn. I admit that I am not good at setups; after spending the better part of an evening I was able to get the car to at least turn rather than slamming straight into a wall, but that's about it. I'm not trying to be critical here, just want to enjoy this mod and it's not happening for me. Is there some advice you can give to setting this mod up?
Here is a small excel app can help to setup cars

Attachments

• Race Track Engineer v1.1.0.xls
    318.5 KB · Views: 39
Here is a small excel app can help to setup cars
Cool. I had an earlier version of that and lost it. I forgot where I got it. Unfortunately, I never had a chance to use it then. I'll have to give it a try as soon as I can.

Man, one thing about mods...after a while I can't freakin' remember what's what. For instance, I remember driving this new track (newly installed for me) and I remember thinking, "What a great track!" I swore it was something from SIM TRAXX...and that sort of made sense to me. If it was one of their private betas I wouldn't have heard of it yet. For the life of me, I can't remember what the hell the name of the track is. A couple of days ago I was going thru all the SIM TRAXX content I have. Wasn't there. I spent hours loading up tracks that I don't have 100% ingrained in my brain. Perhaps I don't even have it installed any longer. Maybe I had it installed before my last complete reinstall of Assetto Corsa. If so, I have no shot finding it. I'll have to just come across it by accident some day. :banghead:

I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what I am going to do about my home network. I am in drastic need of finding a data storage solution that isn't thousands of dollars. Maybe that has been clouding my brain making me unable to remember the name of the track.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back