Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,326 comments
I've been eagerly awaiting Lilski's Watkins Glen, but it may have to wait. Because...

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/free-weekend.10527/

All content in RaceRoom is available all weekend?! :eek:
"RaceRoom now supports VR, true triple screens and features more than 120 cars and 40 highly detailled tracks to choose from. Many of the cars physcis have been revised, such as the GT3, WTCC, DTM, TT Cup & more."
I haven't played it in a while, but this certainly looks like the right weekend to fire it up again. I actually hadn't noticed that they have proper triple screen now.

"The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Miner Nvidia 770\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ff_post_process.ini' because it is being used by another process."
This message usually means that the file is open. I assume you made sure to close it the last time you edited it? If you edited it all that is.

It also happens once in a while that a process/program/file gets locked by the operating system, and the only thing to do then is to restart.

Other than that I can't think of anything else at the moment. Have you installed anything recently, or changed any user account settings?

Any weekend but this weekend please, R3E. Pretty please. I'm doing 7am-11pm on Saturday and 10am-8pm Sunday, and I've got to fit all the hours worth of F1 in there somewhere.

I tried Watklins Glen the other day and it's amazing. I don't remember the last time that track was in a game. I love how all the corners just flow so well.

Interesting bit about Knockhill: “In 2012, the circuit restarted racing and track days in the counter-clockwise direction.[9] It gained a licence for motorbikes and cars to compete in both directions, the first racing circuit to achieve this in the UK in modern times.”

Also available now an other masterpiece from @a3dr.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/nfs-tournament-class-b.20228/

Driving the Snake around Knockhill this week end should be an entertaining time.

Also check this out, http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/driver-workshop-templates.17825/ if you think that driving a road car with helmet looks silly.

Last edited:
This message usually means that the file is open. I assume you made sure to close it the last time you edited it? If you edited it all that is.

It also happens once in a while that a process/program/file gets locked by the operating system, and the only thing to do then is to restart.

Other than that I can't think of anything else at the moment. Have you installed anything recently, or changed any user account settings?

Thanks for the reply. I've never edited that file, I checked to make sure the directory hadn't randomly changed itself to read only (happens sometimes in win10), but it was fine, no other processes related to AC in any way were open (checked task manager). I restarted my PC, hoping it was a weird quirk that a restart would fix, but the problem persists. The error message also doesn't appear every time I launch or leave the game, only sometimes, but every time I launch AC from CM it hangs for ages, and when I hit esc while in a session and click exit game, the game freezes for 20 - 30 seconds before closing. Sometimes that error comes up and prevents the game launching, sometimes it comes up after leaving the game, sometimes not at all, but the long load times are consistent, and it only started yesterday. Haven't installed anything new. It's got me absolutely stumped. Other games seem to be working normally.

Edit: Just checked installed programs, and seems Windows did an update yesterday, as some windows things like clock/alarm, and voice recorder list yesterday as install dates. This better not be a Windows update that has broken something in my AC directory...

Such a brilliant car:lol:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/nfs-tournament-class-b.20228/

screenshot_a3dr_viper_rt10_magione_24-3-118-3-3-6-jpg.242426

screenshot_a3dr_viper_rt10_magione_23-3-118-20-35-9-jpg.242427

I can confirm the Viper is an absolute treat, especially on the Street 90s tyres. A3DR and Aphidgod are a dream team for AC mods, it's a real shame aphidgod is done with AC modding :(

Damn @Mike_grpA - I've been sitting here for 10 minutes trying to think of what it could be...I am absolutely stumped. If it is Windows 10, well that's just freakin' typical. I don't understand how they can have the bugs that they do when they've been reusing the same code for so many years for so many pieces of the OS, you'd think they would have all that crap ironed out by now. I let me computers run 24/7, so saying "between reboots" is skewed in my case since I don't shut down every day, sometimes for weeks. I need to start counting how many times I need to kill my explorer.exe process and then start a new one. If I hit the Windows button (the Start button), it refuses to pop open. And if it does open, everything is blanked out and 95% of everything is missing. Come the heck on, Microsoft. Updates breaking a video game & it's mod? Un freakin real...

I can confirm the Viper is an absolute treat, especially on the Street 90s tyres. A3DR and Aphidgod are a dream team for AC mods, it's a real shame aphidgod is done with AC modding :(
That is absolutely the biggest loss to the Assetto Corsa PC community since I started back in 10/2015. Not only did we lose him as a modder, but he doesn't even use his accounts at all anymore. :( If you ever had the chance to chat with him, he was a great, great guy. Funny too! So helpful... I'd ask him physics questions that I thought he would just ignore, as most modders probably would have, it would be something noobish. He would take the time to explain things, in multiple ways if need be. I never saw him show an attitude - until his last day, that is, when he just couldn't stand it anymore. Aphidgod & A3DR were a modding dream team. :bowdown:

Last edited:
Damn @Mike_grpA - I've been sitting here for 10 minutes trying to think of what it could be...I am absolutely stumped. If it is Windows 10, well that's just freakin' typical. I don't understand how they can have the bugs that they do when they've been reusing the same code for so many years for so many pieces of the OS, you'd think they would have all that crap ironed out by now. I let me computers run 24/7, so saying "between reboots" is skewed in my case since I don't shut down every day, sometimes for weeks. I need to start counting how many times I need to kill my explorer.exe process and then start a new one. If I hit the Windows button (the Start button), it refuses to pop open. And if it does open, everything is blanked out and 95% of everything is missing. Come the heck on, Microsoft. Updates breaking a video game & it's mod? Un freakin real...

Yeah man, it's ridiculous lol. I don't know for sure if it was caused by he Windows update, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised. I can still play, but things take a while to load and I get micropauses every time I save something (like saving setup or saving driver eye view), which is a pain. I'm just dealing with it for now, but I'll do a fresh install of CM at some stage to see if that helps, as CM does seem to do some quirky things at times, so maybe there's an issue with the install. Who knows lol

That is absolutely the biggest loss to the Assetto Corsa PC community since I started back in 10/2015. Not only did we lose him as a modder, but he doesn't even use his accounts at all anymore. :( If you ever had the chance to chat with him, he was a great, great guy. Funny too! So helpful... I'd ask him physics questions that I thought he would just ignore, as most modders probably would have, it would be something noobish. He would take the time to explain things, in multiple ways if need be. I never saw him show an attitude - until his last day, that is, when he just couldn't stand it anymore. Aphidgod & A3DR were a modding dream team. :bowdown:

What's the full story behind this decision?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back