Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
Hello there! How do you define which type of rim a skin will use?

Edit: found it - it's ext_config.ini if anybody else wants to know who doesn't already.
You need to copy the kn5 file and the extension file from one of the skin folder, where the wheelcover is included and paste it in the skin folder you want.
You can find the kn5 wheelcover file in the template folder too.

Last edited:
Volkswagen Scirocco GT 2009 2.0 TSI DSG Release
Download: https://www.patreon.com/posts/70424622
Comverted from Forza Motorsport 4 By Peter Crill
-AO inside and out
-Dashboard
-CSP Settings
-Wiper animation
-Physics work @VR Driving
-Basic Ligth Refraction
EXTRA C:Front FOG
EXTRA D:Rear Fog Ligths
Credits:
-Ligths Refraction -LRAC
-PBR -LRAC
-Paint Config -LRAC @takum1
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@takum1,@Mascot,and other
-Photos Qiu Liang

View attachment 1192068View attachment 1192069View attachment 1192070View attachment 1192071View attachment 1192072
Are the tyres correct? CM is showing a mismatch.

1662948782996.png

Silly question here but is there any difference if you pack or leave unpacked the data.acd?
AC reads from the data.acd file, if it is not present then it will read from the data folder (unpacked data.acd). If you make edits to the car (even if it's something like saving dash position) it's best to just have the data.acd file gone unless you want to constantly keep repacking it for whatever weird reason.

packed data.acd is only good for sharing really (a lot easier than sending the entire data folder)

data.acd is also where some types of encryption are stored so deleting that can result in the car having blue triangles (or might not even load)

AC reads from the data.acd file, if it is not present then it will read from the data folder (unpacked data.acd). If you make edits to the car (even if it's something like saving dash position) it's best to just have the data.acd file gone unless you want to constantly keep repacking it for whatever weird reason.

packed data.acd is only good for sharing really (a lot easier than sending the entire data folder)

data.acd is also where some types of encryption are stored so deleting that can result in the car having blue triangles (or might not even load)
And data.acd is important for online racing. if you delete the data.acd file or repack the data folder with changed ini files, cou can get checksum error and you get kicked from the server. so sometimes it's better to do a backup from the original data.acd file.

Last edited:
Right I've converted like 20 odd short oval tracks now and first time I've come across this issue, so is it me or the particular track?
If its me what have i done or not done? Any help gratefully received.

As you can see the roof disappears once under it. Its not set to transparent either i tried all that.
Ignore the people they are going.

View attachment 1191991View attachment 1191992
CULL_MODE = OFF in ext_config for that texture

edit: ninja'd by @leBluem

Last edited:
Misty Loch, Scottland, from FerrariRacingLegends, with stuff from pCars Bannochbrae
-40 gridspots, forw+rev layout
-night lights, seasons, grass_fx, rain_fx
-custom road mesh, movable distance markers and cones
-seagulls, heli, water and waterfall animations
-camera sets by Racealot, thx!
-more info in readme and track description
dl: https://www.mediafire.com/file/m4g2kfrjyhtm620/rt_misty_loch.7z/
Huge thanks to the Reboot Team for this gem. You guys rock! :cheers:

Misty Loch, Scottland, from FerrariRacingLegends, with stuff from pCars Bannochbrae

vid:

vid by Racealot:

old vid, wip pCars (didnt happen) vs FerrariRacingLegends:

This wonderful mod let's me speechless but... does not break the immersion a bit listen "The IRISH Rover" in a SCOTTISH tavern? 🤣

Last edited:
Here is "REALISTIC TURISMO" ppfilter.
I worked on that continously the last months.
This is a work in progress ppfilter for Assetto Corsa, latest CSP + PURE.
A SOL version will follow. The 1.0 release will be on racedepartment, when the new PURE + CSP builds are released.

This v0.97 is recommended to use at daylight. It has some brightness problems esp. at night.

DOWNLOAD is in the video description:

How to install ppfilter (CSP + PURE needed)
Install folders are set up in the download folder,
please copy the files in the folders of your assetto corsa directory, like you see it in the download-zip.
Color-grading file is included and needed.

ENJOY!

Nice work Mike08. I'll be looking forward to further updates on this. 👍

vid:

vid by Racealot:

Stunning work looks fantastic and a great track to boot. Love the elevation changes.
52350600015_b6af54ca88_o.png

52350176686_2c38d7d7a6_o.png

52350419678_7059d42b39_o.png

52350177151_02be1d177e_o.png

52350419958_11d19c51c2_o.png

@Pfalzdriver and I have released a new BMW M1 Procar update.

Here is the changelog for v1.75:

• New Interior materials & shader (DaWallace)
  • Edited the dash to the real original one (DaWallace)
  • New shaders exterior (DaWallace)
  • Added Good Year tyres, Dunlop tyres, Pirelli tyres and Yirotires tyres (DaWallace)
  • New interior, exhaust and engine textures (DaWallace)
  • Edited and opimised light settings (DaWallace)
  • Added normalmap and new shader settings for wheelcover (DaWallace)
  • Added skin templates for wheelcover and steering wheel (DaWallace)
  • Fixed final.rto data and toe settings (Pfalzdriver)
  • New LODs (Pfalzdriver)

Download: https://mega.nz/file/Zr5RFKCL#bqhJ_hz3uLxk6dPdmDO6LDpqWEujDq2guBAcFRBN_wI
download all skins (2k & 4k): https://mega.nz/file/sIpESToS#F-lv7D5QrZLjJPuMpo_zCQZig0ugukieawYdRaVQVcs

Great work, love it.
Small issue, not sure if it's just at my end but there is a gap at the top of the driver's door when closed. Almost like the door hasn't shut properly.

Stop at the water's edge, you will hear the waves ;)
And don't forget the cows
And birds sometimes, I think... 😁

Normally I don't like tracks with built-in sounds, sometimes they are a bit forced, sounding very artificial, but in this mod they are very well integrated, really... Another track with a well integrated sounds is Mirandopolis, with a quite realistic crowd roar.

vid:

vid by Racealot:

It's amazing. Ferrari Legends was a slog at times but it had some cool-ass vintage tracks.

On the Pyyer Zandvoort extension, is anyone else getting massive amounts of Z fighting on the billboards? In his video, it does not show it so it seems to be an issue on my end. Possibly a CSP or settings issue??? Just wondering if anyone else is dealing with it as well or knows of a way to fix it.

Wellington 500 v1.2

wellington500_12-8-122-19-6-37.jpg

Conversion from rFactor.
The Wellington 500 was a 500 km (310 mi) street race for touring cars which took place at Wellington City in Wellington, New Zealand in the 1980s and 1990s.
The 1987 event was a round of the 1987 World Touring Car Championship. (wikipedia)

-CSP recommended
-34 pit/start
-AI, cam
-1987 Layout

Credits & Thanks;
Original Track by David Neighbour
-Thank you for gave me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png, sections file by @Fanapryde
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe

Enjoy.

Converted upon request by Patreon member john brown.
Patreon-only track requests are now being accepted.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.1 changelog;

Edited AI lines to prevent crashes.
Updated ai_hints.ini, groove.ini and ext_config.ini.
Updated billboard textures.
Replaced marshals.
Changed grass textures.
Smoothed T1 corner edges.
Smoothed streetlight pillars.
Fixed floating objects.
Changed standing spectators to those in camera_facing.ini.
Changed spectator textures to those of Kniker97. (Thanks)
Changed pit_lane.ai to the one created by TITI. (Thanks)

v1.15 changelog;
Smoothed corner edges. (Suggestion by Papifix. Thanks.)

v1.2 changelog;
Updated fast_lane.ai and sidelines.
Deleted ai_hints.ini.
Fixed holes in the road surface. (Thanks Josuracer for the report.)

Last edited:
52350600015_b6af54ca88_o.png

52350176686_2c38d7d7a6_o.png

52350419678_7059d42b39_o.png

52350177151_02be1d177e_o.png

52350419958_11d19c51c2_o.png

@Pfalzdriver and I have released a new BMW M1 Procar update.

Here is the changelog for v1.75:

• New Interior materials & shader (DaWallace)
  • Edited the dash to the real original one (DaWallace)
  • New shaders exterior (DaWallace)
  • Added Good Year tyres, Dunlop tyres, Pirelli tyres and Yirotires tyres (DaWallace)
  • New interior, exhaust and engine textures (DaWallace)
  • Edited and opimised light settings (DaWallace)
  • Added normalmap and new shader settings for wheelcover (DaWallace)
  • Added skin templates for wheelcover and steering wheel (DaWallace)
  • Fixed final.rto data and toe settings (Pfalzdriver)
  • New LODs (Pfalzdriver)

Download: https://mega.nz/file/Zr5RFKCL#bqhJ_hz3uLxk6dPdmDO6LDpqWEujDq2guBAcFRBN_wI
download all skins (2k & 4k): https://mega.nz/file/sIpESToS#F-lv7D5QrZLjJPuMpo_zCQZig0ugukieawYdRaVQVcs

Save to update the car just by overwriting old files or clean install necessary? Since I nearly got 200 skins for that car which was a PITA to download each single skin and do the appr. custom preview for it (I mean from this guy here: https://www.racedepartment.com/down...m-memphis-international-sepp-manhalter.53274/)

Will these work with your latest update?

Volkswagen Scirocco GT 2009 2.0 TSI DSG Release
Download: https://www.patreon.com/posts/70424622
Comverted from Forza Motorsport 4 By Peter Crill
-AO inside and out
-Dashboard
-CSP Settings
-Wiper animation
-Physics work @VR Driving
-Basic Ligth Refraction
EXTRA C:Front FOG
EXTRA D:Rear Fog Ligths
Credits:
-Ligths Refraction -LRAC
-PBR -LRAC
-Paint Config -LRAC @takum1
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@takum1,@Mascot,and other
-Photos Qiu Liang

View attachment 1192068View attachment 1192069View attachment 1192070View attachment 1192071View attachment 1192072
something wrong with brakelights? even though i dont use headlights or brakes, they are still lit.
Screenshot_vw_scirocco_gt_2009_rt_misty_loch_12-8-122-14-11-2.jpg

Last edited:
Its cute right? In an aggressive way.
The 'lights' are stickers in real life so look 'bad', which reminds of two of the funniest sim related things I've read, both were on the Turn 10 forum where someone remarked that the lorry on top of the bridge at Road America was really bad and not realistic at all and could they fix it.
And the head lights on the Nascar didn't look real at all (they aren't)

__custom_showroom_1662980355.jpg

That's right. All skins fit with this version.
I will do another update for the car. There are some things i missed to add, that the previous version had. So i will add them again. And i will do the fix for the automatic downshifting too.😌👍
Good to hear - thanks! The M1 Procar is one of my very favourite cars in AC and it keeps getting better and better.
Please try to tackle the gap between the top of the doors and the bodywork (as mentioned a few posts above), it's quite visible in VR.
Also, the front and rear lights refraction could have a stronger refractive effect I think, and lights could be brighter. In daylight spec races it's hard to see cars ahead braking in peripheral vision, and is tricky even if you happen to be staring at their rear lights. Front lights look quite dim too? They light up the track fine, but appear (like the reversing lights too) to be a dull grey rather than bright headlights.
Could all of the available RD skins mentioned above be included too, to avoid a separate download?
Looking forward to the updates - thanks again.

Last edited:
Good to hear - thanks! The M1 Procar is one of my very favourite cars in AC and it keeps getting better and better.
Please try to tackle the gap between the top of the doors and the bodywork (as mentioned a few posts above), it's quite visible in VR.
Also, the front and rear lights refraction could have a stronger refractive effect I think, and lights could be brighter. In daylight spec races it's hard to see cars ahead braking in peripheral vision, and is tricky even if you happen to be staring at their rear lights. Front lights look quite dim too? They light up the track fine, but appear (like the reversing lights too) to be a dull grey rather than bright headlights.
Could all of the available RD skins mentioned above be included too, to avoid a separate download?
Looking forward to the updates - thanks again.
iWU0NuG3sQ.png

Maybe in this version your problems are already fixed... ;)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back