Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,814 comments
Hey folks. Does anybody know what this is? Theres no app visible in my case. Thanks

Screenshot 2023-04-24 103910.jpg

Last edited:
ok so the Yamaha is shelved for the minute due to reasons I wont share (but good ones)

I do have this rather sexy DeTomaso P70 that needs smoothing. Not sure if youd be interested in trying a hand at this?

View attachment 1250345

View attachment 1250346
Bring it on

(Again, not promising anything at all, I use blender mostly for architectural purpose from autoCAD content, so smoothing is not really my specialty...)

Awesome! Is there any way to use the already-modelled early 90s final chicane, and perhaps even restore 130R to the original pre-2003 profile, foe even more perfection?
Gday mate. Check it now now . Updated downlaod link the post

Now the nostalgia Suzuka has slighly banked 130R turn + another version of layout with late Casio triangle chicane (no Ai...not sure if its good layout, i prefer original one) If someone like it and want make Ai line for this version - great. I usually don't use Ai

almost unnoticed, but it has small banking now
Screenshot_gtsupreme_kg911_jgtc500_gt4_rt_suzuka_24-3-123-17-59-38.jpg

Screenshot_jgtc500_gtsupreme_skyliner32_gt4_rt_suzuka_24-3-123-18-0-30.jpg

and this...
Screenshot_jgtc500_gtsupreme_skyliner32_gt4_rt_suzuka_24-3-123-17-54-29.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_ferrari_f40_jgtc_1995_rims_gt4_rt_suzuka_24-3-123-17-58-43.jpg
    Screenshot_ferrari_f40_jgtc_1995_rims_gt4_rt_suzuka_24-3-123-17-58-43.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 9
Gday mate. Check it now now . Updated downlaod link the post

Now the nostalgia Suzuka has slighly banked 130R turn + another version of layout with late Casio triangle chicane (no Ai...not sure if its good layout, i prefer original one) If someone like it and want make Ai line for this version - great. I usually don't use Ai

almost unnoticed, but it has small banking now
View attachment 1250360
View attachment 1250362
and this...
View attachment 1250363
Nice! What I was referring to with the original 130R corner profile, was the more rounded line, using a lot of what is now the current run-off area.

Allan McNish had a huge shunt there in 2002 qualifying, which made the current corner profile necessary.

Current 130R on top.
2002 and previous 130R below.

Attachments

• 26CE3688-550C-4220-BF55-0F7CFC279739.jpeg
    26CE3688-550C-4220-BF55-0F7CFC279739.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
got it, thanks for the explanation. now i understand why the AO map of the formula opponent 2013 had red on it, I'll do the same to block the fresnel since there should be no blue component
image.png

So i used some colors to make the vodaphone brighter, which works, so now the ao map is brighter

There's still the small issue where not directly under the sun it's not that bright, but it's better than before. Still do you know what I'm doing wrong ?

1682340440942.png

image.png

It seems that the CSP/CM update (218) broke the Sol 2.2 weather controller... Error message says to select Sol 2.2 under WeatherFX, which it is. Back to 108... Anyone else?

Nice! What I was referring to with the original 130R corner profile, was the more rounded line, using a lot of what is now the current run-off area.

Allan McNish had a huge shunt there in 2002 qualifying, which made the current corner profile necessary.

Current 130R on top.
2002 and previous 130R below.
Yes it's possible too ) maximum accuracy it will

SOL works for me. I use Sol v2.27 and Weather FX says Controller script Sol 2.4.

Under the Drive tab on CM, go to weather click on down arrow, then controllers and finally SOL 2.4. This should then enable you to have the SOL weather Config back in game.
Thanks! I hadn't noticed that the update left the DRIVE page weather setting at "Random". (and I'm updating SOL)

UPDATE: Still broken. The error msg says to select SOL 2.2 weather script to run (whereas I'm now with weather script 2.4, SOL 2.2.7)
Notable that my WeatherFX page doesn't show a weather controller selector (like in the install guide), just the weather style selector (which shows as 2.2.7 in the droplist).

OK, Backing it up to 1.79 and then to the latest preview fixed it. Thanks to AndyGTR for emphasizing that...

Last edited:
It seems that the CSP/CM update (218) broke the Sol 2.2 weather controller... Error message says to select Sol 2.2 under WeatherFX, which it is. Back to 108... Anyone else?
The latest CM/CSP totally porked my installation. I had to revert to an older version of CM, but it wouldn't run at all without the latest CSP. I totally suspect that's an issue on my end, but YMMV...

From Peter Boese

How do i update to the new CSP properly?
If you like to try the new CSP update, please do this:

First install the new Content Manager!!!
This is very important!
1.png

Then install the latest puplic version CSP 0.179 !!!
1.png

Then click on the link inside the CSP preview post:
1.png

In the new CSP preview version, the weather controller was moved!
To select the Sol 2.4 controller, to use Sol Planner app, goto Drive menu!
1.png

Hi all. With the new CSP & CM patches. Does anybody know how to make the app icons in VR go back to normal size as they are now very small when in VR. Many thanks.

Yes got the same issue. I tried to unistall/reinstall SOL controller without success. Im just wondering if Peter Boese is about to release a new compatible SOL controller before deciding to roll back to previous CSP.

From Peter Boese

How do i update to the new CSP properly?
If you like to try the new CSP update, please do this:

First install the new Content Manager!!!
This is very important!
1.png

Then install the latest puplic version CSP 0.179 !!!
1.png

Then click on the link inside the CSP preview post:
1.png

In the new CSP preview version, the weather controller was moved!
To select the Sol 2.4 controller, to use Sol Planner app, goto Drive menu!
1.png
Thank you! that workS..ie SOL controller which i thought was broken with new CSP

Yes got the same issue. I tried to unistall/reinstall SOL controller without success. Im just wondering if Peter Boese is about to release a new compatible SOL controller before deciding to roll back to previous CSP.
Just install Sol 2.2.7 and/or Pure 0.165. It was updated some months ago. Sol 2.4 has all new options, like the difficulty slider in Sol Planner, where you can reduce the wetness slip with the new CSP rain physics.

Last edited:
Maybe it's a rookie question but still I'm getting confused.

Which is correct, can you help me please?

Q1:
A) Install SOL first, then install PURE.
B) Just install PURE.

Q2:
A) Install latest CSP preview but keep the new features disabled.
B) Stay on latest recommended CSP and wait for full version.

Q3:
How can I upscale my graphic settings when I dont want play in 2K screen? Like between 1080p & 2K?

Thanks to all in advance.

where you can reduce the wetness slip with the new CSP rain physics.
Hi Peter,

yes there are 4 difficultys to choose from. Can i also disable it ? Is it just disable advanced physics?

Because for example i like the rain only visual, don`t like to feel it physicaly.
Other thing concerning me is how the AI will be balanced in terms of driving in the wet agains the player?
Singleplayer experience of driving in wet, is disbalanced in every single game/sim i know so far, so i just wonder how it will work here.

Sublime to ridiculous.

Isn't AC modding great.

View attachment 1250386View attachment 1250387
now just swap the engines :D

Its been quite long time. I'm having few personal setbacks, not to mention I don't have steering wheel since a year ago, and my activity in modding has decreased a lot. Sorry for anyone waiting my F4 mod. I recently worked on it. I upgraded it with a little touch of modern Eurocup 3 car wings.

Now the steering wheel is based on the one from French F4 (or the iRacing ir04). Also the car has now splitted bodywork pieces (those that are separated by the seam in the chassis). For example the nose is modular, and in the future or if someone want to model his own, it can be changed to other one. The same for the engine pod.

View attachment 1250271
View attachment 1250272
View attachment 1250273

Obviously it's still in WIP. But it's taking his shape

I don't know when I can finish this. Could be this month, the next one, later this year, next year or maybe never. Or maybe in summer I start a new model car because I don't like the mess with this UV map and I can't retrieve the progress on this one. Neither I don't know what quality is gonna be. Reminder to those that despite getting free things they just trash talk about them ungratefuly ^^. Feedback is always welcome in the good way.
In addition to this, as new gen F1 cars has a low complex aero I've also tried doing a F1 3d model for a posible future F1 project mod. Some kind of W14 based car which I should still have to finish to model (waiting to know whether they gonna evolve the car or not).

1682355543602.png
1682355750395.png
1682356273828.png

So i've just done a physics swap between the VRC touring cars and the P3DM ones, when i jump into the Nissan the steering is inverted....what did i do wrong? Everything else is fine now, its just left is right and right is left on the wheel!

So i've just done a physics swap between the VRC touring cars and the P3DM ones, when i jump into the Nissan the steering is inverted....what did i do wrong? Everything else is fine now, its just left is right and right is left on the wheel!
add a - sign before the steer ratio in the car ini

for example

[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=3.32
STEER_ASSIST=0.25
STEER_LOCK=460
STEER_RATIO=19.0
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.00200

would now be

[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=3.32
STEER_ASSIST=0.25
STEER_LOCK=460
STEER_RATIO=-19.0

Last edited:
add a - sign before the steer ratio in the car ini

for example

[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=3.32
STEER_ASSIST=0.25
STEER_LOCK=460
STEER_RATIO=19.0

would now be

[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=3.32
STEER_ASSIST=0.25
STEER_LOCK=460
STEER_RATIO=-19.0
You know what!!? I was just looking at that and thinking....hmmmm! Thank you, i'll do that now.

Hi Peter,

yes there are 4 difficultys to choose from. Can i also disable it ? Is it just disable advanced physics?

Because for example i like the rain only visual, don`t like to feel it physicaly.
Other thing concerning me is how the AI will be balanced in terms of driving in the wet agains the player?
Singleplayer experience of driving in wet, is disbalanced in every single game/sim i know so far, so i just wonder how it will work here.

now just swap the engines :D
Sol Planner difficulty does not interfer the car/tire physics. It just reduces the progression of wetness. So on the "easy" step it will only make 1/10 of the original wetness (medium = 1/4, hard = 1/2). So its just a weather tweak, to reduce the reason of the slip. On "real" the wetness is like on original CSP level.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back