• Thread starter daan
  • 137,907 comments
Tracks listing update

Red Bold
: news and updates (tracks) from 19/05/2023 --> 08/06/2023
Red : news and updates (add-ons) from 19/05/2023 --> 08/06/2023

Yellow Bold : news and updates (tracks) from 09/06/2023 --> TBA
Yellow : news and updates (add-ons) from 09/06/2023 --> TBA

As always, thanks to all the modders who amaze us every day.
Thank you guys

Have a nice weekend

ACTL v3.0 by Breathe

PS : The icon for the track links disapeared but all the links are always presents. I am busy putting them back but it takes time

Boavista Portugal 1958 - rain and grass and and so on...

Track can be found here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/boavista-porto-58.18689/

VAO comes per CM.

• You should be able to copy the files straight into you assetto corsa folder as long as you have the track installed. It will ask to override - backup your track if you want to keep the original files.

• If the new grass still won't show check your assetto corsa folder: extension/textures/grass_fx. You should have a "highlands.dds" file in there, otherwise no grassFX.

snap.jpg

Attachments

• Boavista Portugal 1958.zip
    488.6 KB · Views: 31
Hey, sorry, haven't been around for a while.
I missed the request, is it being able to set the FOV to a default value?
Hey buddy, good to see you.
Yeah, for VR users it'd be great if 45° FOV for wing mirrors could be set with a single click. The mirror angle then needs adjusting outwards quite a bit so if this could be also done during the same action, leaving just fine tuning, then it would save an awful lot of time and mouse clicks.

Hmm I don’t know - no question its gonna be a good, modern, obvious feature BUT those poking around here in this thread just to find new things and Upgrades i was first not looking for, is gonna loose his charm.
The special charm of exactly THIS threadt
So mixed feelings about that
They'll still be posted here - why should that change?
It's only the hosting site that might be different if people choose to use it (GTP instead of mediafire, sharemods etc).

I'm more curious about any restrictions. I assume paymods would be banned (same as in this thread) but would GTP be happy hosting cars and tracks ripped from other games (ie the vast majority of AC mods)?

Last edited:
GPLmania season Part 5!

RELEASE of Aintree 1962, Ahvenisto 60s, Shader-fix-a-rama and one new championship of the GPLmania series.

In the last edition of new championships we're getting into lower classes formula cars of the 60s. GPLmania Part 5 brings you the Formula STARborn championship with races on famous little F3 tracks mostly made by Sergio Loro.

The idea of GPLmania is to bring together the best historic cars and tracks made for AC in championships that are either inspired by real historic ones or just fun to drive. Part 5 contains all work of previous parts.

There will be 6 parts, with new releases for each part.

All download links are given in the Read Me file in the package. Be aware some of the content is for paid only.

The update contains a change of the "Legends of the 50s" championship. Don't update yet if you're in the championship.

Overview of all GPLmania championships:

Preview championships.JPG

RELEASE of AINTREE 1962
This 3D-track was made by jpalesi for rFactor 1 + 2. It was converted by Gilles75 to Assetto Corsa and later edited by TMW Mods. Rainmaker did an overhaul of the track in 2023.

bgr00.jpg

bgr01.jpg
bgr02.jpg

Changelog v4.0:
  • overhaul of all shader
  • checked all sectors and made new hotlap starting point
  • rebuild pit
  • added track description by Fanapryde
  • new UI and loading screens
  • new track mesh
  • some new trees at the end of the track, thanks DaBaeda for helping
  • fixed some walls
  • new replay cameras by DaBaeda
  • new and faster AI

RELEASE of AHVENISTO 60s
This is a official update of the Sergio Loro track made by me. Thank you Sergio for the permission!

bgr00.jpg
bgr01.jpg
bgr03.jpg

Changelog v2.0:
  • new AI
  • extra cams by DaBaeda
  • shader overhaul
  • faced up normals of the trees, made them brighter
  • added GrassFX and RainFX
  • new timer gates to prevent that the first car out in qualify can set a unbeatable time
  • added loading screens
  • new UI and track map
  • raised pit spots to 24
  • debug for wrong keys
  • set names for cameras
  • made track description
  • had to rename the tracks folder because of a graphic issue with the CSP automatic loaded vao patch

RELEASE of SHADER-FIX-A-RAMA
These patches will bring you a better visual quality of the tracks. This is easily done by adding shader replacements in the extension config files (ext_config.ini). Please be aware if a track gets updated the extension config file will be changed and you will have to apply the shader replacements again.

Tracks changed:
El Pinar 1960 by Sergio Loro
Hockenheimring 1960s by Sergio Loro
Indianapolis Motor Speedway by damone13x
Jyllands-Ringen 1960s (Silkeborg) by Sergio Loro
Le Mans 1967 by racinjoe013
Le Mans 2018 (FM7) by Reboot Team
Punta Fria 1960 by Sergio Loro
Ring Djursland 1966 by Sergio Loro
Rivera 1960 by Sergio Loro
Roskilde 1960-1962 by Sergio Loro
Tarariras 1960 by Sergio Loro
Watkins Glen 1960s by Sergio Loro
Zandvoort 1965+67+73 (Sandevoerde) by Sergio Loro

preview 1.jpg
preview 2.jpg
preview 3.jpg

Last edited:
GPLmania season Part 5!

RELEASE of Aintree 1962, Ahvenisto 60s, Shader-fix-a-rama and one new championship of the GPLmania series.

In the last edition of new championships we're getting into lower classes formula cars of the 60s. GPLmania Part 5 brings you the Formula STARborn championship with races on famous little F3 tracks mostly made by Sergio Loro.

The idea of GPLmania is to bring together the best historic cars and tracks made for AC in championships that are either inspired by real historic ones or just fun to drive. Part 5 contains all work of previous parts.

All download links are given in the Read Me file in the package. Be aware some of the content is for paid only.

The update contains a change of the "Legends of the 50s" championship. Don't update yet if you're in the championship.

View attachment 1263593

RELEASE of AINTREE 1962
This 3D-track was made by jpalesi for rFactor 1 + 2. It was converted by Gilles75 to Assetto Corsa and later edited by TMW Mods. Rainmaker did an overhaul of the track in 2023.

View attachment 1263597

Changelog v4.0:
  • overhaul of all shader
  • rebuild pit
  • new track mesh
  • fixed some walls
  • new and faster AI

RELEASE of AHVENISTO 60s
This is a official update of the Sergio Loro track made by me. Thank you Sergio for the permission!

View attachment 1263598View attachment 1263599View attachment 1263600

Changelog v2.0:
  • new AI
  • extra cams by DaBaeda
  • shader overhaul
  • new timer gates to prevent that the first car out in qualify can set a unbeatable time
  • added loading screens
  • new UI and track map
  • raised pit spots to 24
  • debug for wrong keys
  • set names for cameras
  • made track description
  • had to rename the tracks folder because of a graphic issue with the CSP automatic loaded vao patch

These patches will bring you a better visual quality of the tracks. This is easily done by adding shader replacements in the extension config files (ext_config.ini). Please be aware if a track gets updated the extension config file will be changed and you will have to apply the shader replacements again.

Tracks changed:

View attachment 1263604View attachment 1263605View attachment 1263606
Thanks a lot for Aintree and Ahvenisto ! It was well needed :cheers:

What is currently considered to be the "best" Ferrari 499P mod? Regarding model, handling and sound?
I have both the SDD and ACForum version.. but both aren't perfect. Especially the sound is off..

View attachment 1263378

I have a problem.
I installed newest Sol but also I noticed that I had updated for CM on and I remember people complaining about the latest update.
The problem is with Sol planner. I have a proper 2.5 weather script selected in Weather FX but in game it says that the controler is not selected.
Is there a way I can fix it? I was trying to look for possibility to download older CM from 2022 which I was using but I couldn't find anything.
open the ingame Lua Debug app and see if there is a tab with a red dot.
Actually i see you are using Pure. So please update this to 0.180a!

Last edited:
GPLmania season Part 5!
Thank you again for your tireless efforts. One question though, in the 1967 season, why substitute Mosport out for Mt Tremblant while keeping the rest of the season historically correct? There is a Mosport available for AC, though it could probably do with a better AI and sidelines, as the AI do tend to like running wide at alot of the corners. I did find a supposed quick fix that stopped the AI doing it at t3 or 4, i cant remember which, but t1 and the 3rd last corner are 2 of the worst.

Last edited:
Hmm I don’t know - no question its gonna be a good, modern, obvious feature BUT those poking around here in this thread just to find new things and Upgrades i was first not looking for, is gonna loose his charm.
The special charm of exactly THIS threadt
So mixed feelings about that
It... doesn't work like that.

People can (and will, and should) still post their mods here. The files will also, if you choose, be hosted here too (and they'll be in a browsable, searchable place).

No charm lost, with a gain in functionality.

Also in testing the files were uploading and downloading as fast as the local bandwidth will allow - so if you've had issues with UL/DL speeds on other hosts, give it a bash.

Last edited:
It... doesn't work like that.

People can (and will, and should) still post their mods here. The files will also, if you choose, be hosted here too (and they'll be in a browsable, searchable place).

No charm lost, with a gain in functionality.

Also in testing the files were uploading and downloading as fast as the local bandwidth will allow - so if you've had issues with UL/DL speeds on other hosts, give it a bash.
Ok ok understood 😁

Really nice! Have they been made from scratch? Love to see some cars which were almost forgotten and not included in every sim by standard. Maybe a chance to also see a Cupra GT sometime, or even a Seat Toledo GT? Good ol´GTR2 times!
no, not done from scratch. i think they are maybe old GTR converts. the vertigo was "updated" long time before from ACTK EASY, but interior was horrible. The Mantis was from BE Modding, even with no interior (or very lowpoly interior). So i reworked both cars with new exterior details (headlights, taillights, quick fasteners and more), gave them a reasonable interior, reworked physics and new extension config. i'm working some weeks for now on both cars and i think it was really worth it. 🥰

Last edited:
no, not done from scratch. i think they are maybe old GTR converts. the vertigo was "updated" long time before from ACTK EASY, but interior was horrible. The Mantis was from BE Modding, even with no interior (or very lowpoly interior). So i reworked both cars with new exterior details (headlights, taillights, quick fasteners and more), gave them a reasonable interior, reworked physics and new extension config. i'm working some weeks for now on both cars and i think it was really worth it. 🥰
Seems so! The overhaul is noticable right now. Very well done. Please check and consider if you could convert a Toledo or a Cupra, that would be awesome (since also only crap mods are available atm).

Go to your assettocorsa\extension\config\gui.ini and search for "new ui menu" and there is something like "hidden" which must be set to 0. Sorry not on my rig so I cannot recall 100%.
Tried this but it doesn't change anything for me. Interesting i didnt even know the ui could look like this

Thanks for kind words. There is no historic MoSport for AC but a very nice historic Mt Tremblant so I switched that.
understood, though the layout didnt change did it? personally i changed the championship for myself, but with the talent on this forum, surely there is enough that could give the MoSport the treatment of some historical appeal.. i love the track, one of my favourite northern hemisphere tracks

Seems so! The overhaul is noticable right now. Very well done. Please check and consider if you could convert a Toledo or a Cupra, that would be awesome (since also only crap mods are available atm).
Agreed, this is good work. And if it really is this possible to take GTR2/GT Legends/rFactor-era vehicles and update the actual models and meshes to look smoother and more detailed (no more visible polys in wheel wells or drawn-on body panel lines), we could finally round out AC's roster of pre-2010s race car mods far beyond the gridfiller quality graphics most of them have. I know it's kind of a tunnel-vision pipe dream I have personally, but even if there's just a slight demand for it, hey, why not.

GPLmania season Part 5!

View attachment 1263593

RELEASE of AINTREE 1962

View attachment 1263597

Changelog v4.0:
  • overhaul of all shader
  • rebuild pit
  • new track mesh
  • fixed some walls
  • new and faster AI

RELEASE of AHVENISTO 60s

View attachment 1263598View attachment 1263599View attachment 1263600

Changelog v2.0:
  • new AI
  • extra cams by DaBaeda
  • shader overhaul
  • added loading screens
  • new UI and track map
  • raised pit spots to 24
  • debug for wrong keys
  • set names for cameras
  • made track description

Tracks changed:

View attachment 1263604View attachment 1263605View attachment 1263606
just wanted to say that with the aintree work I did I deleted a lot of the horse jumping hedges. not sure if you added them back in or whether they are worth updating. they looked so bad on the original version.

Last edited:
understood, though the layout didnt change did it? personally i changed the championship for myself, but with the talent on this forum, surely there is enough that could give the MoSport the treatment of some historical appeal.. i love the track, one of my favourite northern hemisphere tracks

Is the THR vintage version no good? As @SthrnOldskool says, the layout hasn't changed since the circuit was built, so it's effectively just a re-skin. I have it downloaded, but I haven't raced on it myself yet.
The track layout did not change I know that but the whole atmosphere is different on a modern track like runoffs, modern spectators, pit buildings and vegetation can be different. I will have a look at the THR file.

Looks great!

Would you consider making your changes public?

BTW: Is there a "final" version of the improvements for Gilles' track "Carrieres de Beez"? I found several variations but I'm not sure if they are still up to date.

Regards, B.B.
Sure, but as mentioned before, it would be even better if you could do more advanced configurations than just grass and rain FX. :D:lol:

And again, I knew better, but I always fall into the same trap. The horror has a name: Gilles75... :irked:
"His" tracks are always a source of massive head-shaking. My God, how bad can someone be. :odd::eek:

It's just no fun trying to improve them, and yet I've done it again and again, as I'm doing again now. It would be better to re-convert the tracks, which would look safer, faster and better.
But well, now I've started stupidly, so here, the current state.
There are still a lot of errors, wrong vertex normals, strange shaders etc..

But, imo, the worst is gone. Many, many one-sided textures are now double-sided. Trees, grasses, bushes, the spectators, flags, bridge etc. straightened.
I tried to create a more coherent overall picture.
There is also some light. Where there are street lamps only, of course. :)
Working warning lights, too :)
The logo was distorted, I have corrected that too. Changed some tags in ui.json too, as for example there are now some night lights... :D

I used a completely new config. I have included the old one as *_orig. But, to be on the safe side, please make a backup first, in case you want to go back to the previous state for whatever reason.
I hope, I didn´t messed something. :scared:

About "Carrieres de Beez"... I think I threw it in the corner at some point. I'd have to see if I still have it on my HDD at all.
I think the last time I screwed with it, @Beezer215 pointed out to me that more than 10-12 cars just make chaos on the grid. That and some weird effects with seasonal config settings.... That's when I gave up in frustration. :grumpy::crazy::yuck:

As I just mentioned, it would have been easier to convert it "from the scratch" than to work on his s....... Sorry, the frustration had to come out. :scared:

But I'll see if I can still find it.
However, if someone has a good source for the original that I could convert, it would probably be the better and easier way. 🤷‍♂️
1686323780911.png
1686323813645.png
1686323876068.png
1686324850185.png
1686324913113.png

Attachments

• dessau_new_config.zip
    1,016.6 KB · Views: 19
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back