Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
The 320i with the updated cockpit that was shown last year hasn't gone public isn't it ? Shame? Or maybe someone could try the RF2 version which is this one anyways - can't recall how RF2 conversions work lmao
I don't think this car is private or secret or under embargo, is it?
Someone here must have it to share as a grid filler?

WORLD SPORTCAR 60S LEGENDS HAS JUST DROPPED:

Love those 60th cars.

Bug report:

Iso Grifo is to small as the Bizzarini GT 5300 was back in ACL times.
I corrected the size back then. Unfortunately the Iso Grifo has inherited the wrong size. :grumpy:

1702488315372.png

No corrective action possible, because of encryption. :ouch:

Last edited:
Anyone else suffering from very long loading times in AC? I've done the Fault Tolerant Heap -thing and it worked fine for a time, but now I'm getting 4-5 minutes loading times on bigger tracks, even when I'm hotlapping. First loading time is always the longest. Game is installed on a few years old SSD that is supposed to be in 100%-condition. FPS is constant ands smoot, no other problems performance wise whatsoever.

This is really killing my joy in the game since I'm testing a lot of things daily, going back and forth around the circuits.
try...
1. close CM
2. backup \users\your_user\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension
3. delete \users\your_user\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension
4. open CM
5. configure your CSP settings if needed
6. enjoy

try...
1. close CM
2. backup \users\your_user\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension
3. delete \users\your_user\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension
4. open CM
5. configure your CSP settings if needed
6. enjoy
I actually tried earlier today deleting the whole Assetto Corsa -folder from my documents (there are literally 7-figure number of useless folders and files), but nothing improved.

Now, which one is better? NivekBS's or saXXXon's? :confused:

Edit: Ahh, ok! saXXXon's :)
Just compared both versions and my opinion is (no matter if one is uploaded by me or not ):odd:

My upload looks much too dark but the dashboard looks cleaner and "more polished"
Saxxxons upload looks maybe more finished but somehow "cheap" Washed out...

So in the end it´s a matter of everyone´s taste which version he like more. But i would say NO Version deserves to be called: finished or ready :guilty:

Last edited:
@JK1977 where's the best place to download the latest versions of your touring cars (Audi, Renault, Alfa etc) ? Thanks.
If you're looking for grid fillers from the period, don't forget the amazing Shaun Clarke '95-'97 Vauxhall Cavalier. Well not only as grid filler. It could easily be part of the pack (physics wise). Only now, when we have these great VRC cars, can we see, how good the physics were on that car. And how accurate. Simply amazing. And there are also all high quality liveries available from all 3 seasons.

If you're looking for grid fillers from the period, don't forget the amazing Shaun Clarke '95-'97 Vauxhall Cavalier. Well not only as grid filler. It could easily be part of the pack (physics wise). Only now, when we have these great VRC cars, can we see, how good the physics were on that car. And how accurate. Simply amazing. And there are also all high quality liveries available from all 3 seasons.

where can i find the cavalier?

on his website there is none

I don't know, I have it downloaded for years. I'll send you a copy tomorrow when I'll be at my computer.
You can also use this one here @Diegonapoli10

I'm doing some testing to determine the better versions of GT3 cars. First for ai, then for driving. Laguna Seca today, Sebring and Spa to be done next. First up is to compare how they perform as grid-fillers under ai control. On the left are the participating cars (yellow marker here indicates the faster cars). Creator/horsepower is in brackets in the name field. On the right are the laptimes in a 10ish lap run. No changes were made for this test specifically but some of the cars had previously been BOP'd manually (in power.lut) to bring their horsepower into the ballpark (550-600hp). Notable that the urd cars cannot be BOP'd due to encryption, rss cars can (bk cars can't). Unfortunately, AI times for the user's car are not recorded in the leaderboard although times are shown in RaceEssentials, Sidekick etc. (reported to Ilya, says he'll add that back in). User car under ai control is generally faster than the same car under regular ai control (gridfiller) by ~= 1sec. (the other URD 992 compared to mine)

Did a 2nd run (with the C8. It was fast.). FSR 296 is your grid filler winner. The 2022 M4 was faster this time. The URD 992 is sloooow.
28car-GT-TEST-Laguna-Seca-Entrants&AI-Times-Hilited.jpg

Takeaways so far:
- these laptimes are about 2 seconds slower than real world.
  • horsepower isn't everything (duh) (as shown by urd 992 in 6th place in first run below).
  • we really need an M4. The URD M4 is pokey, and can't be bop'd.
  • the fsr ferrari 296 is killing the others.
  • the gtp nsx is fast! Too bad it's such a boring looking car.
  • confusion on "bm-" cars. Is that Bonny or Binary Motors? Or is Bonny actually Jerry Wei?
  • we could use a better Audi R8 LMS evo (and/or II). The fastest R8 is the Kunos R8 LMS with only 519 hp. And faster than the fsr Evo II (576hp) by ~= 1sec.
  • RSS Lexus RC F is faster than other RC Fs by about a second.
  • I like RSS. They should do one of everything. (and don't start encrypting power.lut!) A 720s GT3 evo from them would be awesome.
  • URD needs to un-encrypt power.lut. (please) Their 992 is pokey (fastest 992 but pokey)
  • we need a mustang LMGT3.
I'm aware that aero adjustments can make a huge diff too. I don't do them yet.

Remember this was just for ai controlled cars. Next up I'll drive all the cars to determine my laptimes.

25car-GT-TEST-Laguna-Seca-Entrants&AI-Times-1239xx-HL.jpgThe first run.

Last edited:
Link is downey-downey, is there a chance for a re-up, please?
Re-Release time

Here the 935/77 Works again from our master @GzeroD , and i will give you my perspnal version with csp effects, like refraction,metals, selflight etc. have fun!
Screenshot_porsche_935_77_works_tasman_series_ohakea_13-11-123-21-32-8.jpg

Screenshot_porsche_935_77_works_tasman_series_ohakea_13-11-123-21-25-34.jpgScreenshot_porsche_935_77_works_tasman_series_ohakea_13-11-123-21-25-24.jpg

Last edited:
Comparing the 4 Ferrari 296s...

Big difference in the URD front end (front of hood)... it goes straight across horizontally, whereas the others divert downward at the center of the hood, for a much better look. (just sayin...)

Compare-4-Ferrari-296s.jpg

------------------------FSR--------------------------------------ChemFlummi------------------------------------URD------------------------------------------SDD

Last edited:
Comparing the 4 Ferrari 296s...

Big difference in the URD front end (front of hood)... it goes straight across horizontally, whereas the others divert downward at the center of the hood, for a much better look. (just sayin...)

View attachment 1311538
------------------------FSR--------------------------------------ChemFlummi------------------------------------URD------------------------------------------SDD
In general the URD mod just looks like a scaled-up toy model of the car, rather than the actual thing. The ChemFlummi version is by far the best on account of it being an ACC convert, but a very well done and polished one that has amazing physics. Likely this is one of the only instances in all of AC where I think a free mod did a far better job than one from the big paid teams.

As long as people are still supporting ChemFlummi's mod with new liveries, I don't see any reason to buy the URD version, at least for myself. Well of course unless one thinks conversions are unethical, then the URD version is your only option.

Last edited:
remove the .txt from the file name and then replace the exisiting data.acd in the car folder

Friend
Forgive my ignorance, but when renaming it, it remains a text file, and when opening it, encrypted characters appear...

Last edited:
remove the .txt from the file name and then replace the exisiting data.acd in the car folder

Friend
Forgive my ignorance, but when renaming it, it remains a text file, and when opening it, encrypted characters appear...
Just download it again but when you get the box pop up that asks where to save it remove the .txt from the filename and in the option under the filename change it to All Files

Friend
When you remove the .txt (windows will ask you to confirm) you get a new data.acd. You don't have to read it, just replace the car's data.acd with the new one... done...

When you remove the .txt (windows will ask you to confirm) you get a new data.acd. You don't have to read it, just replace the car's data.acd with the new one... done...

Well, as I said, even renaming, data.acd remains, but in text format (icon with stripes), and not as a data file (blank paper icon).But it's ok, if it's something on my windows...

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back