Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,907 comments
The Racing Rats, search for your Discord.
I just tried the GT3 pack. They seem like really nice mod cars. To be honest, I don't know the difference between good and bad mod cars, but what I do like about the GT3 pack is that they all play nice together. My old GT3 field was a mix of cars from different mod makers and there were always some that were faster than others and I never knew how to BOP them properly. With these I can just race and not have to worry about making them all work together.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what TRR uses mostly as base for their mods? Are these also RSS mods that they BOP?
No RSS mod for TRR, mostly SimDream and ???? for gt3^^
They are quite good boped, I use them with some modification of the bop to harmonize them with kunos cars

Last edited:
No RSS mod for TRR, mostly SimDream and ???? for gt3^^
They are quite good boped, I use them with some modification of the bop to harmonize them with kunos cars
Too bad.. because I like the RSS mods a lot to drive. But when I use TRR mods as AI, than the BOP isn't correct between myself and AI?

Too bad.. because I like the RSS mods a lot to drive. But when I use TRR mods as AI, than the BOP isn't correct between myself and AI?
The issue with newest gt3 mod from urd is that they encrypted all their stuff even the data.acd, which make them impossible to bop to other teams.
With RSS, VRC, or TRR you can alwaysunpack the data.acd and tweak some values,

Here is the Lola B2k/40 for Assetto Corsa by RMS team. Hope you guys enjoy it.

View attachment 1336314
Is there any chance to get the LM24h liveries that this model show between 2000 and 2004?

2001.jpg
2004.jpg

Last edited:
Well here is the 1983 F1 Assetto Corsa season. With mandatory pitstops. The races are from 15 laps (Hockenheim, Monza, Imola) to 25 laps (Paul Ricard) to 30 laps (Long Beach).

Racing time varies from 25 to 35 minutes.

Every single car will pit during every race. Every cars' fuel consumption and fuel capacity has been altered. You will NOT need any applications or Content Manager settings anywhere. Driver skills, car performances and everything required for pitstops are all set and ready without any adjustments.

You will have to pit as well. This increases the excitement of the races tremendously as tactics come to play.

I achieved very realistic results and logical pit times for the ai. I tested two full seasons and literally parked my car in front of the pitlane of each track and wrote down all ai cars' pitting laps and altered their consumption based on the results. There can be some sort of random variation between the races how the ai will pit. In some tracks (rarely) another team car can pit twice and the other driver just once. But 90% of the time it's just one pitstop per car. But the randomness just increases the element of surprise. You will notice, for example, that the naturally aspirated Williams cars usually pit later in the race.

I didn't include ai engine failures to this season as the ai cars retire in the middle of the track and it creates mayhems. But there ARE retirements and crashes and that's exactly why I prefer driving the seasons with these cars. Retirements and crashes were a big part of the "Turbo era" of F1. The SimDream aren't well liked in the AC community and in their default form they're useless but their physics are based on Kunos Lotus 98T and with these changes and corrections I have enjoyed the seasons tremendously.

Turbo is cockpit adjustable. Use 100% for the qualifying and 70% for the races. 80% is pushing it and you're risking an engine failure. Before the race start go to pit settings and adjust the pitting tactics preset (refueling). When you enter the pit the refueling will be automatic.

Top cars are Brabham and Renault (their boost is a bit higher so they're faster on straights).

Top ai drivers are Piquet the eventual champion of 1983 (ai level 100) and Prost (ai level 100). Watson, Lauda, Rosberg, Tambay can score an occasional win but Prost and Piquet (Renault/Brabham) are the teams and drivers to beat.

The user is driving Rene Arnoux (Ferrari) but of course this can be easily changed to your liking.

I have removed all other tyremodels but supersoft (because the cars weren't competitive during the races with standard race tyres). I also slowed down the refueling process. Sure it's not realistic to race with QF tires but beggars can't be choosers. With race tyres those cars were SLOW, believe me. Now they're extremely competitive. I also fixed all wrong driver names, nationalities and driver pictures in the skins folder (they were mostly wrong on SimDream package).

Monaco 1983 was a rain race so there's rain in the season (SOL) if you have that pay mod. There's also another download link for the clear weather season if you don't have rain.

Tracks:
Jacarepagua (20 laps)
Long Beach (30 laps)
Paul Ricard 1988 (25 laps)
Imola 1988 (15 laps)
Monaco 1988 (20 laps)
Spa 1988 (15 laps)
Detroit 1988 (20 laps)
Montreal 1982 (20 laps)
Silverstone 1975 (25 laps)
Hockenheim 1988 (15 laps)
Oesterreichring (20 laps)
Monza 1988 (15 laps)
Brands Hatch 1990's (25 laps) the only vintage Brands I have found. Great ai.
Kyalami 1967-1985 (25 laps)

All in correct order and tested. Zandvoort is missing on purpose. There is a vintage Zandvoort AC track and we rigorously tested that track but no matter what, these cars will not work with it. They crash everywhere and drive like maniacs. All other races should have very accurate layout and the cars work nicely most of the time. Osterreichring can be a mayhem race but then again many races of this era were.

Remember to adjust the pitstop preset during practice or qualifying. When you enter the pitstop it's all automatic.

You can be on pole at some races but Renault/Brabham race pace is very tough to match. But not impossible. Should be a tight competition for the championship. At least it is for me. Have fun!

All download links in the video description. I don't want to share the SimDream cars as they're a pay mod. There's only the dl link for the car changes that have to be overwritten.

PM me if you need them. I might know where they are available for free.

Click CC for subtitles "ON".

Last edited:
Well here is the 1983 F1 Assetto Corsa season. With mandatory pitstops. The races are from 15 laps (Hockenheim, Monza, Imola) to 25 laps (Paul Ricard) to 30 laps (Long Beach).

Racing time varies from 25 to 35 minutes.

Every single car will pit during every race. Every cars' fuel consumption and fuel capacity has been altered. You will NOT need any applications or Content Manager settings anywhere. Driver skills, car performances and everything required for pitstops are all set and ready without any adjustments.

You will have to pit as well. This increases the excitement of the races tremendously as tactics come to play.

I achieved very realistic results and logical pit times for the ai. I tested two full seasons and literally parked my car in front of the pitlane of each track and wrote down all ai cars' pitting laps and altered their consumption based on the results. There can be some sort of random variation between the races how the ai will pit. In some tracks (rarely) another team car can pit twice and the other driver just once. But 90% of the time it's just one pitstop per team. But the randomness just increases the element of surprise. You will notice, for example, that the naturally aspirated Williams cars usually pit later in the race.

I didn't include ai engine failures to this season as the ai cars retire in the middle of the track and it creates mayhems. But there ARE retirements and crashes and that's exactly why I prefer driving the seasons with these cars. Retirements and crashes were a big part of the "Turbo era" of F1. The SimDream aren't well liked in the AC community and in their default form they're useless but their physics are based on Kunos Lotus 98T and with these changes and corrections I have enjoyed the seasons tremendously.

Turbo is cockpit adjustable. Use 100% for the qualifying and 70% for the races. 80% is pushing it and you're risking an engine failure. Before the race start go to pit settings and adjust the pitting tactics preset (refueling). When you enter the pit the refueling will be automatic.

Top cars are Brabham and Renault (their boost is a bit higher so they're faster on straights).

Top ai drivers are Piquet the eventual champion of 1983 (ai level 100) and Prost (ai level 100). Watson, Lauda, Rosberg, Tambay can score an occasional win but Prost and Piquet (Renault/Brabham) are the teams and drivers to beat.

The user is driving Rene Arnoux (Ferrari) but of course this can be easily changed to your liking.

I have removed all other tyremodels but supersoft (because the cars weren't competitive during the races with standard race tyres). I also slowed down the refueling process. Sure it's not realistic to race with QF tires but beggars can't be choosers. With race tyres those cars were SLOW, believe me. Now they're extremely competitive. I also fixed all wrong driver names, nationalities and driver pictures in the skins folder (they were mostly wrong on SimDream package).

Monaco 1983 was a rain race so there's rain in the season (SOL) if you have that pay mod. There's also another download link for the clear weather season if you don't have rain.

Tracks:
Jacarepagua (20 laps)
Long Beach (30 laps)
Paul Ricard 1988 (25 laps)
Imola 1988 (15 laps)
Monaco 1988 (20 laps)
Spa 1988 (15 laps)
Detroit 1988 (20 laps)
Montreal 1982 (20 laps)
Silverstone 1975 (25 laps)
Hockenheim 1988 (15 laps)
Oesterreichring (20 laps)
Monza 1988 (15 laps)
Kyalami 1967-1985 (25 laps)

All in correct order and tested. Zandvoort is missing on purpose. There is a vintage Zandvoort AC track and we rigorously tested that track but no matter what, these cars will not work with it. They crash everywhere and drive like maniacs. All other races should have very accurate layout and the cars work nicely most of the time. Osterreichring can be a mayhem race but then again many races of this era were.

Remember to adjust the pitstop preset during practice or qualifying. When you enter the pitstop it's all automatic.

You can be on pole at some races but Renault/Brabham race pace is very tough to match. But not impossible. Should be a tight competition for the championship. At least it is for me. Have fun!

All download links in the video description. I don't want to share the SimDream cars as they're a pay mod. There's only the dl link for the car changes that have to be overwritten.

PM me if you need them. I might know where they are available for free.

Click CC for subtitles "ON".

We definitely need Zandvoort track from that time.
Saying it over and over again... Maybe someone takes the opportunity

We definitely need Zandvoort track from that time.
Saying it over and over again... Maybe someone takes the opportunity

There is a good vintage Sandev track but for whatever reason these cars will not work there. Well they do work but it's a mayhem.

A few experienced ai guys examined the problem but couldn't understand it. They work when you choose RACE WEEKEND from CM but not in the season. The problems already start at qualifying. It's a chaos. If someone finds a solution I'll add Zandvoort immediately. I believe it's the problem with these cars, not the track. I have no idea as I haven't done any track ai mods.

I have 1984 season almost ready too with mandatory pitstops. That has full working schedule (with Rainmaker's amazing Dijon).

Here's the free 1973 Zandvoort version if someone wants to try.

We have also tested with the full pay version. No worky.

Last edited:
There is a good vintage Sandev track but for whatever reason these cars will not work there. Well they do work but it's a mayhem.

A few experienced ai guys examined the problem but couldn't understand it. They work when you choose RACE WEEKEND from CM but not in the season. The problems already start at qualifying. It's a chaos. If someone finds a solution I'll add Zandvoort immediately. I believe it's the problem with these cars, not the track. I have no idea as I haven't done any track ai mods.

I have 1984 season almost ready too with mandatory pitstops. That has full working schedule (with Rainmaker's amazing Dijon).

Here's the free 1973 Zandvoort version if someone wants to try.

We have also tested with the full pay version. No worky.
link down...

I don't think it's supposed to be free, it's available for a few bucks at https://f3classictracks.sellfy.store/p/ylih/
The free Sandevoerde (initial version wit one layout) has been available on RD for quite some time. But I checked and it's gone now.

CSP preview are the ones that come from Ilja's Patreon and is paid.
Ehmm, yes Custom Shaders (lights) Patch previews are paid, but I believe he just means the car previews that are made with or without the 'use CSP for final previews render' (SETTINGS/CONTENT MANAGER/CUSTOM SHOWROOM)

Last edited:
Any advice on how to best mimic the foil look on this livery for the VRC NA 2021 car? I’ve been messing with the reflection map and CSP extensions but it doesn’t come out quite right.

Attachments

• IMG_1292.jpeg
    IMG_1292.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 11
shi
THE MAGARIGAWA CLUB 1.03

Guardrails are floating...
I hope the author will fix it as it is encrypted.
I don't think it is encrypted?

Does anyone have a list of all of the LM edition cars from the Gran Turismo series that were recreated in AC?

I've only managed to find the 3000GT LM, Ford GT Spec II LM Edition, Camaro LM Edition and Pagani Zonda LM edition as a livery for the GR Zonda.

Also is it possible to change the stats of Kunos cars? I want to make one of the cars have faster acceleration and a better top speed.

i have a question, does someone has for the cim_2007 f1 mod a bmw vettel and a ferrari schumacher skin?

Question: Are there any benefits in having the data.acd packed or unpacked?
I've also been asking myself the same question for a while, especially seeing that data.acd files are heavier and take up more memory space than data folders...
possible multiplayer modification/cheating is the only detriment I am aware of
I understand that you mean when you drive online, against other people? And since I always play offline, would there be a problem if all my car mod data were unpacked, would the game's performance (load time, fps...) be affected in any way?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I've also been asking myself the same question for a while, especially seeing that data.acd files are heavier and take up more memory space than data folders...

I understand that you mean when you drive online, against other people? And since I always play offline, would there be a problem if all my car mod data were unpacked, would the game's performance (load time, fps...) be affected in any way?

Thanks in advance.
I think load time is, but it's probably not significant

This Ginetta G40 Junior has been passed around more than a frat-house bong.
The Ghost Of Momma Bongos has added some stuff straight from the spirit world, the big one being spooky windscreen wipers.
Lovely little car.
Code:
v1.3 by The Ghost Of Momma Bongos
- new steer.ksanim driver, rescaled & repositioned;
- driver suits added for each skin;
- new shifting animation (not great - passable) and timing;
- car shifter animation disabled;
- fixed hand/wheel synch;
- added metallic shaders to certain cockpit items, adjusted values of others;
- stopped sun strip from reflecting the road;
- added all skins from SC car and all skins from RD;
- changed standard rear plate;
- fixed dash symbols transparency;
- added wiper animation, with internal rain glass fix by George Wendt.

https://sharemods.com/1l3yzqxao5ze/ginetta_g40.7z.html

1710364800040.png

Last edited:
In the ai.ini file there is a value

[PHYSICS_HINTS]
AERO_HINT=0.99

For some cars there are also

[TIRES]
HINT=0.95

What is the fundamental difference between them, do both values reduce the speed of the AI in turns ?

24H
@Fanapryde
for me they do not look that bad with your settings. I think with CSP previews it´s not possible to get a proper mirror floor.
View attachment 1336534

RELEASE of my CSP Preview Settings for Facade Showroom

You will need the following map. Just copy the whole "track" folder into your assettocorsa\content\showroom folder.

If you have lights behind your car, please have a look at the fix already noted by FallGuy

Download

View attachment 1336535
View attachment 1336536
View attachment 1336537
great work, but as soon i wanna make previews with this the "fast" preview button in cm (not update preview inside skins) it says "assetto corsa closed down unexpectally". atm my workaround is going into skins and then select every skin there and then update them. can u maybe fix that issue?

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back