Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
looks like Codemasters trees from DiRT.

option 1 - try normals up and alpha_blend
option 2 - delete them, forever, all of them
option 3 - plant new trees (see option 2)
it is, its the conversion from gabenhood, i cant find the v3 version, so im trying to fix the v2

Open the CM > CONTENT > CARS > (CAR YOU WANT TO EDIT THE JSON) > SKINS > (OPEN THE SKIN YOU WANT TO EDIT) > CHANGE THE NAME OF THE SKIN (its the name on the top of the skin preview) > SAVE - after that, it will generate a new JSON file.

In some really rare cases, a car can´t save the changes on name and can´t generate a new JSON file. This happens because of some encrypted data that corrupts any changes in the skin names.
Thanks!!

Is there a simple way to increase the starting grid with 1 or 2 extra cars.
For a 1950 championship I have exchanged the Reims Gilles75 to the much better made 23pits/grid @RMi_wood track (thanks btw for creating), but I need a 24 cars layout. According to two postings at reddit this can be simple done using CM, but they did not publish the method.
Is this true and how to do?

For a 1950 championship I have exchanged the Reims Gilles75 to the much better made 23pits/grid @RMi_wood track (thanks btw for creating), but I need a 24 cars layout. According to two postings at reddit this can be simple done using CM, but they did not publish the method.
Not in front of pc ATM but if I recall correctly Simply under the track description increase number in the box "starting grid"

Édit: tipo

Last edited:
Skin and ext_config for Leipzig - Porsche Test Track
Screenshot_abarth500_db_leipzig_porsche_13-2-124-17-41-46.jpg

Screenshot_abarth500_db_leipzig_porsche_13-2-124-17-35-5.jpg

1. Install Reworked Porsche Leipzig Track 1.0 by @DaBaeda

2. Install Update for Porsche Leipzig Track from @CrisT86

3. Install my skin and ext_config
Put the downloaded and extracted files in the db_leipzig_porsche folder.

4. Activate skin

5. Start AC

Does not overwrite files.

Update Details;
Fixed problem with normal map textures not being applied to buildings. (They were unnaturally too bright looking.)
Changed the green texture at the edge of the road to a grass texture.
Updated textures for kerbs and 150m, 100m, and 50m signs.
The flag was hidden because it was too far from the pole.
Other minor fixes have been included in ext_config.

Credits & Thanks;

Skin and ext_config by shin956
grass and kerb (edited) textures by kunos
The grass edge texture was taken from the GTR2 version of Leipzig.

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

Thanks for the tip and have fun with Pure! The upcoming release will have a new shader called "groundfog". It will add additional "fog billboards" randomly scattered along the AI spline. It is very efficient and with normal settings it will nearly no hit an CPU/GPU:
View attachment 1339093

without:
View attachment 1339094
stunning work as always peter, if this will be good in general, it will be game changer for rally and hillclimb stage, and it could be even more if it was possible to make it depend on the elevation like someone else mentioned

Reims 1950s
24 pit/grid update (main kn5 only) - :: get it here ::
Full track (w/original 23 pit/grid) - :: get that here ::

Kouvola Tykki RallyX - v1.0

1711122932179.jpeg

1711122958498.jpeg

"RallyX Kouvola Finland":
RallyX series rounds 3 and 4 will be held in Kouvola, Finland at Tykkimäki 24.-26.5.2024
Welcome to Kouvola!"

features:
  • 4 layouts - 2xDirt, 1 Tarmac, 1 Mixed Rx
  • 12 pit/grid for Dirt - 6 pit/grid for Tarmac/Rx
  • CSP features up the yingyang
  • accurate surfaces
  • a bigass jump
credits:
  • Original model by Reiza
  • Converted by @RMi_wood
  • 3d fixes by @shi

:: DOWNLOAD ::

Last edited:
Who knew this was happening? I heard nothing about it. Just joined there a few months back.
View attachment 1339429

Edit: Never-mind apparently it was announced in 2023.
View attachment 1339431
Overtake bought Racedepartment early last year, and they've been slowly merging since then. No huge surprise really.

For about the past year they've had a little overtake logo under their own logo on the website.

Last edited:
KS Monza66 Mod

ks_monza66_mod

First draft of the changes I made to Kunos' Monza 66 track. It's a work in progress so don't expect high quality. Since it's a test version, you will have to put up with some hassles finding a combo that suits you. I'll explain later. I'm just throwing it out there now in the hopes to get some feedback or help on improving it.

-- Includes my own version of the track's CSP config done by @leBluem. I made some shader, seasonal and lights changes to fit my eyes better. There is the default version and one that has lighter grass and trees. You just need to rename the file to try the lighter version. Anything I did can be adjusted by altering the correct entries in the ext_config file. Or delete the ext_config file and you can go back to using the CSP version.
-- New VAO patches that make the shadow areas not as black as the CSP vao patch. Again, can be deleted to go back to the CSP version.
-- A bunch of different track skins for the grass, trees and road. This is were the hassle comes in. They are all separated because I couldn't decide which I liked better. In theory, the Grass skin is supposed to go with the Trees skin, Grass2 with Trees2, etc. but you can mix and match them any way you like. The differences between them are subtle and I doubt most people will notice much difference. Basically, Grass and Tress have more yellow and magenta based colors. Grass2 and Tress2 are a little more blue and green tinted. Grass3 and Trees3 are more green tinted. For the record, my ppfilter prefers Grass2 and Trees2. The Road skin is completely optional and the track looks fine without it even enabled. I just prefer the more grey appearance it gives to the stock road textures.

CSP look:
before.jpg

My Mod:
after.jpg

Last edited:
Who knew this was happening? I heard nothing about it. Just joined there a few months back.
View attachment 1339429

View attachment 1339431
Yeah I remember the announcement and saw they'd be updating today earlier this week. Feel like a Friday maybe isn't the best day but looking forward to seeing it

Last edited:
KS Monza66 Mod

ks_monza66_mod

First draft of the changes I made to Kunos' Monza 66 track. It's a work in progress so don't expect high quality. Since it's a test version, you will have to put up with some hassles finding a combo that suits you. I'll explain later. I'm just throwing it out there now in the hopes to get some feedback or help on improving it.

-- Includes my own version of the track's CSP config done by @leBluem. I made some shader, seasonal and lights changes to fit my eyes better. There is the default version and one that has darker grass and trees. You just need to rename the file to try the darker version. Anything I did can be adjusted by altering the correct entries in the ext_config file. Or delete the ext_config file and you can go back to using the CSP version.
-- New VAO patches that make the shadow areas not as black as the CSP vao patch. Again, can be deleted to go back to the CSP version.
-- A bunch of different track skins for the grass, trees and road. This is were the hassle comes in. They are all separated because I couldn't decide which I liked better. In theory, the Grass skin is supposed to go with the Trees skin, Grass2 with Trees2, etc. but you can mix and match them any way you like. The differences between them are subtle and I doubt most people will notice much difference. Basically, Grass and Tress have more yellow and magenta based colors. Grass2 and Tress2 are a little more blue and green tinted. Grass3 and Trees3 are more green tinted. For the record, my ppfilter prefers Grass 2 and Trees2. The Road skin is completely optional and the track looks fine without it even enabled. I just prefer the more grey appearance it gives to the stock road textures.

CSP look:
View attachment 1339440

My Mod:
View attachment 1339441
What a lovely job you've made of that, the course looks wonderful (I've also been using texture 2). Took the Jag XJ-13 out in the late afternoon sun, beautiful.

stunning work as always peter, if this will be good in general, it will be game changer for rally and hillclimb stage, and it could be even more if it was possible to make it depend on the elevation like someone else mentioned
I guess it should be possible since AC take altitude into account in the engine.ini file so there is some sort of altitude data in the game

V3 is here, along with Mr Hood's other stuff...
YIPPEE-KI-YAI!!!

Screenshot_axfor_camotos_r6_onin_22-2-124-20-31-38.jpg

I will never get tired to give thanks to Assetto Corsa, to the modders, to the simracing equipment companies, to the foundries that extrude aluminum profiles for cockpits, to those who make racing seats that make your ass hurt from spending so many hours sitting, to the personal computer manufacturers, to the internet providers and to all of you who make great these forums and that allow me to have a great time being an idiot driving like a crazy nut incredible cars through dream landscapes.

THANKS A LOT!

View attachment 1339429

View attachment 1339431
Any advice for removing that blocking advertisement , my Adguard is not working anymore at the Overtake site.

Solved: For my iPad I use right now a security web browser Opera instead of Safari. But I think every specific security browser’s like Brave and TOR will work. On my Desktop PC, I have Brave installed and here no irritating blocking red advertising

Last edited:
KS Monza66 Mod

ks_monza66_mod

-- Includes my own version of the track's CSP config done by @leBluem. I made some shader, seasonal and lights changes to fit my eyes better. There is the default version and one that has darker grass and trees. You just need to rename the file to try the darker version. Anything I did can be adjusted by altering the correct entries in the ext_config file. Or delete the ext_config file and you can go back to using the CSP version.
-- A bunch of different track skins for the grass, trees and road. This is were the hassle comes in. They are all separated because I couldn't decide which I liked better. In theory, the Grass skin is supposed to go with the Trees skin, Grass2 with Trees2, etc. but you can mix and match them any way you like. The differences between them are subtle and I doubt most people will notice much difference. Basically, Grass and Tress have more yellow and magenta based colors. Grass2 and Tress2 are a little more blue and green tinted. Grass3 and Trees3 are more green tinted. For the record, my ppfilter prefers Grass2 and Trees2. The Road skin is completely optional and the track looks fine without it even enabled. I just prefer the more grey appearance it gives to the stock road textures.

CSP look:
View attachment 1339440

My Mod:
View attachment 1339441
There I was thinking Monza '66 could do with a refresh....and voila. Cheers!

YIPPEE-KI-YAI!!!

View attachment 1339468

I will never get tired to give thanks to Assetto Corsa, to the modders, to the simracing equipment companies, to the foundries that extrude aluminum profiles for cockpits, to those who make racing seats that make your ass hurt from spending so many hours sitting, to the personal computer manufacturers, to the internet providers and to all of you who make great these forums and that allow me to have a great time being an idiot driving like a crazy nut incredible cars through dream landscapes.

THANKS A LOT!
If you like that, you might enjoy my DiRT3 Finland Trail

1711140140913.jpeg

Last edited:
KS Monza66 Mod

ks_monza66_mod

CSP look:
View attachment 1339440

My Mod:
View attachment 1339441
Just a screenshot from mine to show how a pp filter can make a difference. Did not download or install your mod yet but used 3d trees.

Screenshot_tc_legends_alfa_gta_ks_monza66_22-2-124-21-43-25.png

And this is with your mod enabled but no skins used so far.

Screenshot_tc_legends_alfa_gta_ks_monza66_22-2-124-21-49-38.png

Last edited:
Just a screenshot from mine to show how a pp filter can make a difference. Did not download or install your mod yet but used 3d trees.

View attachment 1339480

And this is with your mod enabled but no skins used so far.

View attachment 1339481
I've always said my mods are not for everyone. If the track looked on my end the way it does on your end then I wouldn't have to waste my time on making changes. Unfortunately, most tracks look nuclear for me with the CSP configs. That's why I always have to make changes. Honestly, when I see a pic like yours, I can never understand why everything is so nuclear for me. I can adjust my gamma and exposure settings to make the trees and grass darker, but that also impacts the ambient light and then day time looks too dark ambient wise. I just find it easier to make a track mod and then share it in case anyone else has the same problem I have.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back