Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,907 comments
You kinda missed the part where I explained these are lost forever (unless some helping soul helps me retrieve these from my dead laptop lol).
pull the hard drive and hook it up to a sytem. SATA to USB adapters are about 10 in most currencies :)
(if it clicks etc already, then its liely trashed however)

This car is awesome! great sound , handling, ffb , interior , sense of speed, ...
Only thing I can wish gets improved is this: the brake lights are almost not visible when the rear lights are on.
Try these values in lighs.ini... they also expose the detail in the lights, which gets blown out by the default values.
Code:
[BRAKE_0]
NAME=gtp_body_SUB21
COLOR=10,0,0
OFF_COLOR=2,0,0
(I have glare set to max in my AC video settings, so adjust as necessary)

Now look like this:

lights on:

1713088143221.jpeg

and brake lights on:

1713088185281.jpeg

In daylight off/lights/brakes:

Screenshot_f302_corvette_gtp_gt_sainte_croix_14-4-124-10-51-31.jpg Screenshot_f302_corvette_gtp_gt_sainte_croix_14-4-124-10-51-35.jpg Screenshot_f302_corvette_gtp_gt_sainte_croix_14-4-124-10-51-38.jpg

But the main differences in this pictures is NOT LCS. This has more to do with postprocessing and a different taste. If this is the same time/date, why should it be so bright in nighttimes.

Here is a current comparison between a MATCHED gamma and lcs integration:

With the next Pure version you can test this, but only for daytimes. There are thousands of little problems to be solved and as you see in the picture also in CSP the shaders will also need many work. But we should actually see it as a techdemo, BUT the differences are on shader level and NOT postprocessing. Gamms vs. LCS is not a brighter or more contrast picture or what so ever. The differences are a different math when calculating color / lights in the shader. So the overall picture should look the same in terms of brightness and contrast.

So here you can see a good example of how colors are differently calcualted:

And this results in a different presentation when you have many structures with different lights and shadows in the view. That is where LCS shines. Also the fog algorithm was changed with the LCS shaders:
I personally don't see a big improvement at all, I just see a different range in colors and contrast.

can you share your preview settings pls ? I tried w defaults from Opperslang, and it comes out with too little reflections:
View attachment 1346431
compared to my go-to atm:
View attachment 1346432
this level of reflection is much closer to the one in-game ...

also note that the reflectiveness slider doesn't seem to impact any of the previews when rendered with CSP:
View attachment 1346433

can you pls share a link? ( can't find anything on racedepartment for "MCG" under Assetto Corsa ... )
Opperslang´s preview does not use HDR lighting, so you must change this from none to Reinhard (filmic) under HDR tab, then you´ll have better reflections.

Thanks. There's also an issue with the wiper, part of it is not included in the group, so it gets left behind during the sweep animation.
Can this be fixed too please?

Edit: Also, shifting is currently set up as h-pattern, but shouldn't this car be sequential?
Should perhaps be SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=0 in drivetrain.ini?

View attachment 1346430
yep i see it ill fix it

Last edited:
I was able to correct the discomfort in the cockpit. I have also applied the Mr.VR Driving data file and updated to BETA2, so please use it. The link has also been updated.
As written in the release notes, the detailed correction work is as follows:

・Physical behavior by Mr.VR Driving.(Thank you very much to Mr. VR Driving)
・The bottom of the floor was lowered to the same position as the bottom of the body, and unnecessary polygons were removed accordingly.
・The seat has been moved forward.
・I determined that the reclining part of the seat was small, so I enlarged it and adjusted the angle to fit the driver model.
・The position of the steering parts (including the column and surrounding dash parts) has been corrected based on the driver model's perspective. This modification makes the instrument panel easier to read.
・Due to the above correction, the driver position in AC has been readjusted.
・Changed the shader of the spokes of the rim.
スクリーンショット (2791).png
スクリーンショット (2785).png
スクリーンショット (2787).png
Please look forward to the next update for other revisions!
スクリーンショット (2790).png
スクリーンショット (2793).png

I personally don't see a big improvement at all, I just see a different range in colors and contrast.
You will see a difference if everything comes together in the near future. It is related to everything, but actually if all works it will make the work on mods (cars and tracks) much easier, because the colors are then rendered correctly and more smooth. It just annoys me that it comes in the middle of a very solid work, but sure i see the potential and AC/CSP can compete with the newest graphics engines then (color wise for now).

With the recent release of the '88 Corvette GTP, was there ever an '88 GTP version of the 962c? Specifically with the big rear decklid scoop and front "dive planes"? With the Corvette addition to the Nissan GTP, and some XJR-9s, there is almost a full high quality 1988 IMSA GTP grid. Would still love to see the PCARS2 Castrol high downforce Jaguar XJR-9 make it over to AC

https://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/1988/Road_America-1988-07-17-014.jpg
https://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/1988/Watkins_Glen-1988-07-03-086.jpg
This one is from First Racing Studio

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-14 081828.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-14 081828.png
    261.4 KB · Views: 20
I was able to correct the discomfort in the cockpit. I have also applied the Mr.VR Driving data file and updated to BETA2, so please use it. The link has also been updated.

・The bottom of the floor was lowered to the same position as the bottom of the body, and unnecessary polygons were removed accordingly.
・I determined that the reclining part of the seat was small, so I enlarged it and adjusted the angle to fit the driver model.
・The position of the steering parts (including the column and surrounding dash parts) has been corrected based on the driver model's perspective. This modification makes the instrument panel easier to read.
・Changed the shader of the spokes of the rim.View attachment 1346459View attachment 1346460View attachment 1346461Please look forward to the next update for other revisions!View attachment 1346455View attachment 1346458
thank you for this amazing thing

a few ideas

There is an opening at the corner of the front glass window
Fully working analog displays
total kilometer and trip km meters
and warning lights working on the dashboard

Attachments

• Adsız.png
    Adsız.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 10
But the main differences in this pictures is NOT LCS. This has more to do with postprocessing and a different taste. If this is the same time/date, why should it be so bright in nighttimes.

Here is a current comparison between a MATCHED gamma and lcs integration:

With the next Pure version you can test this, but only for daytimes. There are thousands of little problems to be solved and as you see in the picture also in CSP the shaders will also need many work. But we should actually see it as a techdemo, BUT the differences are on shader level and NOT postprocessing. Gamms vs. LCS is not a brighter or more contrast picture or what so ever. The differences are a different math when calculating color / lights in the shader. So the overall picture should look the same in terms of brightness and contrast.

So here you can see a good example of how colors are differently calcualted:

And this results in a different presentation when you have many structures with different lights and shadows in the view. That is where LCS shines. Also the fog algorithm was changed with the LCS shaders:
Peter,

first of all, THANK YOU for everything you have done for AC and the entire community, I do admire and am grateful for your work. You, together with ilija, have pushed AC so far that no one could even dream of.

It is possible that you are right and the differences are not that great and depend largely on the gamma curve settings. I simply compared standard settings combined with popular ppfilters. The fact is that in many cases the difference - to my eyes - was noticeable. I don't know what it depends on, but on some tracks the change was no longer spectacular and the effect resembled a cartoon (someone already mentioned it) - e.g. Longford 1960s.

The great thing is that there are always new improvements for AC, I'm looking forward to the new mist version for pure.

Thanks for everything, Peter!

・Changed the shader of the spokes of the rim.View attachment 1346459View attachment 1346460View attachment 1346461Please look forward to the next update for other revisions!View attachment 1346455View attachment 1346458
It's quite a bit nicer to drive now. The FFB is much improved from beta 1, but it could still use a little more detail, as the handling still feels a bit vague at times. Higher tire slide audio levels might help as well. The textures are quite nice, and the canopy design is particularly interesting from the driving position when you look right (not pictured).

My biggest remaining issue is the engine sound, which has a very prominent loop while on-throttle. It's less present if you switch to external sounds, but then you miss out on the nice gear change chunks.

I also noticed that the headlights don't stay on for some reason. I so far have only tested the mod with LCS on; I'll have to see if they work properly in Pure.

An interesting mod overall, and worth a little more tweaking to iron out the remaining wrinkles.

Attachments

• Screenshot_dg_isdera_commendatore_112i_beta_ks_nordschleife_13-3-124-19-18-4-accum.jpg
    Screenshot_dg_isdera_commendatore_112i_beta_ks_nordschleife_13-3-124-19-18-4-accum.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_dg_isdera_commendatore_112i_beta_ks_nordschleife_14-3-124-9-5-58-accum.jpg
    Screenshot_dg_isdera_commendatore_112i_beta_ks_nordschleife_14-3-124-9-5-58-accum.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_dg_isdera_commendatore_112i_beta_ks_nordschleife_14-3-124-9-8-17-accum.jpg
    Screenshot_dg_isdera_commendatore_112i_beta_ks_nordschleife_14-3-124-9-8-17-accum.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_dg_isdera_commendatore_112i_beta_ks_nordschleife_14-3-124-9-11-27-accum.jpg
    Screenshot_dg_isdera_commendatore_112i_beta_ks_nordschleife_14-3-124-9-11-27-accum.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_dg_isdera_commendatore_112i_beta_ks_nordschleife_14-3-124-9-14-51-accum.jpg
    Screenshot_dg_isdera_commendatore_112i_beta_ks_nordschleife_14-3-124-9-14-51-accum.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_dg_isdera_commendatore_112i_beta_ks_nordschleife_14-3-124-9-19-33-accum.jpg
    Screenshot_dg_isdera_commendatore_112i_beta_ks_nordschleife_14-3-124-9-19-33-accum.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 10
I converted it from GTR2 eons ago but yeah, being a GTR2 model it looks like peepeepoopoo.

View attachment 1346403
View attachment 1346404
View attachment 1346405
View attachment 1346407

All I have are those screenshots; the mods are on my dead PC so can't retrieve these POS.

If ya want them so much I could start all over again tho. But it's huge - there's, like, a gazillion body variants.
Damn, too bad it is on the dead PC :( I've always been shocked that V_LM did almost all the variants. While redoing the project would be great, I don't think it is necessary at least for me

You will see a difference if everything comes together in the near future. It is related to everything, but actually if all works it will make the work on mods (cars and tracks) much easier, because the colors are then rendered correctly and more smooth. It just annoys me that it comes in the middle of a very solid work, but sure i see the potential and AC/CSP can compete with the newest graphics engines then (color wise for now).
The only thing I would regret would be to lose all the work done up to now and start over from the beginning.
Now PURE is more realistic and feature-rich than ever before.
Thank you Peter!!

Edit: Also, shifting is currently set up as h-pattern, but shouldn't this car be sequential?
I don't think sequential trans are that common in the 80s for these type of cars. Even later cars like the XJR-14 were still H-pattern manual cars....

Another skin made for 2003 LM24h.

It was particularly easy attending the base skin was already made for ALMS and were are only few logos to do or change. I Don't know who was the original author for the MkIII skins, but I figure out that is from somebody near this forum, so thanks mate.
That's for 2002 Riley & Scott MkIII C Elan V8
preview.jpg

You may find it on this link.

After it, I should start doing Japan Team Goh #5 Audi R8 (image below) but before I would like to know if someone has done it or knows if it's been published and I'm not able to find it.
A176304_web_2880.jpg

Last edited:

This says:

Transmission:
5 Manual Hewland VGC

The only thing I would regret would be to lose all the work done up to now and start over from the beginning.
Now PURE is more realistic and feature-rich than ever before.
Thank you Peter!!
It's definitely not loosing features. Its all about restoring Pure with LCS exactly to what it is now plus new features. I made my roadmap for the transformation and I take it as an opportunity to also rebuild the fog engine of Pure and then maybe there will be a new section in Pure Config to customize fog again like in Sol but better.

So I try to use the Pure gamma version as a reference and Pure LCS will be 99% of it. So the main goal is to prevent a negative visual change and create a clone but with LCS support. That's the stability I'm trying to achieve.

In the last days i had a steap learning curve and found out many things and now i have the first positive feelings about it.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back