Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
As if I haven't told you this enough before, you are a legend! A lot of reading but will help me a lot in things I didn't quite get. Thanks!
Do not hesitate to ask. Everything that is written here is thanks to me asking people how to do this and that.

You can even ask in race department thread : https://www.overtake.gg/threads/ac-modding-questions-thread.129295/page-121

Best case you get your answer, worst case nothing happens, but don't be shy you'll lose nothing

Hello
on my URD JT5 Moyoda, it doesn't show anything in the mirrors, anyone else?

P.S

I noticed later, that, only image appears, when Real mirrors is activated in CSP

1. Go to ...steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\urd_jt5_moyoda_2021\extension
2. Make a copy of the ext_config.ini file (just as backup)
3. Open ext_config.ini and look for the following:

;INT DISPLAY
[Material_DigitalScreen]
Materials = LCD, MIRROR_IN
MatrixType = IPS ; valid values: IPS, TN, VA
UseTextureCoordinates = 1 ; with 0, vertex coordinates will be used. sometimes it’s better, sometimes it’s buggier
ScreenScale = 720 ; amount of pixels horizontally
ScreenAspectRatio = 0.25 ; aspect ratio, height/width
Emissive = 4 ; screen brightness
FlipXY = 0 ; rotate display 90°
SkewTextureCoordinates = 0 ; this value can help fixing tilted UV coordinates
TreatTextureAsHDR = 0 ; set to 1 if input texture is HDR

4. Delete this entry and save the file.

The mirror will now appear without needing Real Mirrors activated in CSP.

Last edited:
I'm going to check of that happens! Thanks for your reply.

But where does AC generate those other names from? Is there a small database with additional names?
look at this file on your local;
"C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Data\Miscellaneous\NationalitiesAndNames.json"

Now we only need the Vectra GTS V8. Great as always :-) i‘m in love with your Mods since the Laguna BTCC, my first mod I installed in AC :-)
this
Unbenannt.jpg

Does anyone have a surface fix for Johnr's Road Atlanta?

Learning this track is terrifying, the grass is nothing but a giant pit

EDIT: Nevermind, I had to delete the old track, it didn't update properly

Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_jr_road_atlanta_2022_1-5-124-18-5-30.jpg
Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_jr_road_atlanta_2022_1-5-124-18-6-38.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone have a surface fix for Johnr's Road Atlanta?

Learning this track is terrifying, the grass is nothing but a giant pit

EDIT: Nevermind, I had to delete the old track, it didn't update properly

View attachment 1361015View attachment 1361014
Are you sure to have properly installed? It seems strange to me that John, which is quite precise, have left those kind of gaps. Try to re-download it and re-install. Last time i drove (even i didn't went off track that much) i didn't remember to have suffered anything like that.

Are you sure to have properly installed? It seems strange to me that John, which is quite precise, have left those kind of gaps. Try to re-download it and re-install. Last time i drove (even i didn't went off track that much) i didn't remember to have suffered anything like that.
I thought that was weird too. I had 1.5 and I updated up to 1.6, but the update didn't work. I found out afterwards that I was able to delete it and replace the file rather than just updating on top of the file that was there and it was fine.

Last edited:
is there any good mod to use these skins for example?

Le Mans 1967

Le Mans 1967 v1.04

This is my take on the le_grand_circuit_1967 track done by Terra21 and updated by WooChoo and Virtua_LM. All credit for the track goes to those guys. I simply added some CSP features and altered a few textures\meshes to give it a look I prefer. It is a standalone track so as not to mess with the original and will come up as Le Mans 1967 in your track list.

Additions:

-- Seasonal changes.
-- Animated flags.
-- Animated CSP smoke in the fall and winter.
-- New pine trees texture. This one has some faults because the trunks don't quite line up with the uv mapping correctly. The original pine tree texture had slightly curved trunks. Mine doesn't so you can see some double trunks in spots if you are really looking for them.
-- The Green Grass track skin does just what it says. Makes the grass look greener. Nice for a spring race.
-- The Misc track skin doesn't need to be enabled. It's a skin created by Instevs36 that I got from Overtake that I use at times.
-- The Original Trees skin will reduce how brilliant green the trees look. Give them more of a faded (vintage) feel.
-- New ai and pitlane files from @TITI. The new pitlane file eliminates the ai slamming on the brakes going by pitlane when another ai car is moving slowly in the pits. It will still happen on rare occasions when two ai cars are side by side going past a slower car in the pits. The inside car will still hit the brakes hard.
-- Moved the start positions for the lm start layouts so that all the cars move at the start of the race. Thanks again to @TITI for telling me what was wrong. In order for this to work right, their start positions are not accurate to real life. If you use the track for online races, you might want to keep the old lm start timing files if you prefer a more accurate start position.
-- Some tweaks to the ext_config file settings. Various shader and track light adjustments.
-- Consolidated all the track kn5 files into one file and renamed the main kn5 file to allow for non-CSP users to use the track. I make no promises on how it will look for non-CSP users as the track is really designed for CSP.
-- Added optional VAOs and ext_config file from @TITI. His config file will make everything a lot brighter so you may prefer it if you find the track looks too dark with my config. For my personal ppfilter, his renders a little too bright for me.

View attachment 1248085
View attachment 1248086
Link updated to new version with a small update I made for myself and figured I would share it for anyone interested. Please delete your old track folder before extracting the new version.

-- Color correction to the tree textures to reduce the amount of magenta and add a little more green to the trees. If you prefer the old tree colors, there is an Original Trees track skin that will enable the old tree textures.

Howdy racing-folks, it's been a while...

Been keeping busy with another set of liveries for the TVR Sagaris GT mod from F302...
View attachment 1350133
Hope everyone is well and enjoying the game... This livery project is going well, sometimes slow, other times bit too slow, but we'll get there, eventually... Here is a few more WIP pics.

tvr_sagaris__motul.png

tvr_sagaris__mobil.png

tvr_sagaris__marlboro.png

tvr_sagaris__dhl_w.png

tvr_sagaris__bosch.png

On another note, have been testing new livery styles on other mods with a bit more success - and have come to realise the skinning workflow is far more effective when the mapping layout is done well (symmetrically dissected, no mesh-stretching, reversed, incomplete or simply just non-existent).

A good example is the mapping for the Mosler MT900 GT3, skinning this baby took far less time. There were literally far fewer adjustments to make... So to that end, here's the whipped up result. A few more grid-fillers...

Denso Team Liveries (fictional)
mosler_denso_1.png

mosler_39_4.png
mosler_denso_3.png

Download

Happy racing!

Hey!

Can't decide between the URD or the Guerilla 992 (i think maybe FSR has made one too, but i havent bought that) for a friendly summercup between friends(inspired by this weekends Carrera Cup Scandinavia). Which one would you choose? Most haven't bought any of them yet so i need to decide for them :P (HELP)

Last edited:

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 5
  • map.png
    map.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 5
  • map.png
    map.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 6
Hey!

Can't decide between the URD or the Guerilla 992 (i think maybe FSR has made one too, but i havent bought that) for a friendly summercup between friends(inspired by this weekends Carrera Cup Scandinavia). Which one would you choose? Most haven't bought any of them yet so i need to decide for them :P (HELP)
Personally, I prefer the Guerilla version (I "bought" both, GUE through Patreon sub, URD as direct purchase).
Sidebar. Funny how the two dropped so close to each other, and have almost not been spoken about since, right?

Tyres are more like I'd expect (NOT ice-skating equipment), shaders return better results in my previews, the 2022 Porsche Supercup skins pack is available (RD iirc), and I like the Guerilla folks.

I'm aware that these are largely subjective reasons :)

Last edited:
24H
is there any good mod to use these skins for example?
Visit gtsupream´s patreon. There is a huge wtcc carpack from those years. Not exactly what you looking for and cars are possibly just race07 rips... so nothing i would call really good.
But i must say he improved them allot in the meantime. And the racing can be enjoyable. It´s free so worth trying

Hey, question there :

Piper is nearly ready, should be good to go tonight or tomorrow (or close to), but I do have one teeny weeny problem for which I'm not skilled.
I made a Default setup for Le Mans as a base, so full on top speed, as the car was originally built for. My car, driven by me or AI, reach up to 270km/h, but the other AI-driven Piper cars are far behind. They seems to use only one of the other 2 gearset I made (shorter ones, for shorter tracks). Even after 5/10 laps, no care, they don't "adapt".

Where in data folder am I suppose to bodge to "force" the AI on the longer gearset (which is supposed to be the default one)? At least for Le Mans.

Attachments

• preview (2).jpg
    preview (2).jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 5
Ferrari F40 '92(v1.6) by F40 LM Lover

It is tested in CSP 2.4 Preview1
You need CSP latest Version

Change Logs
1) The overall size has been reduced to fit the actual size.
-. Dimension 4,358 X 1976 X 1,124mm,
-. Wheelbase 2,450mm
-. Track 1,594/1,610mm
-. But This car has 18 inch rims and tyres

2) Dummies and objects related to phyics are matched to their alignments
3) Broken meshes are fixed(Front Nose/Rims and so on)
4) Tyre textures are changed(1987's Pirelli PZero asimmetrico)
5) Driver's animation are little bit improved.
6) Engine Start/Off function is added.

Features
1) Extra Animation
-. EXTRA A : Left Door Open/Close
-. EXTRA B : Right Door Open/Close
-. EXTRA C : Rear Cawl Open/Close
-. EXTRA D : Engine Start/Off
-. EXTRA E : Fog Lights On/Off
-. EXTRA F : Frunk Open/Close
-. EXTRA G : Left Window Open/Close
20240602-215225-vulk_olsztyn_center_college-ferrari_f40_92-__Sol_Extra.jpg

20240602-215314-vulk_olsztyn_center_college-ferrari_f40_92-__Sol_Extra.jpg

Last edited:
Hey!

As andrevr, got both of them. The URD is not a bad car per se (nice lift off) but Guerilla feels much more alive.
Sadly the URD got more skinsets, but there's a few for the GUE as well.

Now I'll just patiently wait for a decent Porsche Cup AI for Azure.

Hey, question there :

Piper is nearly ready, should be good to go tonight or tomorrow (or close to), but I do have one teeny weeny problem for which I'm not skilled.
I made a Default setup for Le Mans as a base, so full on top speed, as the car was originally built for. My car, driven by me or AI, reach up to 270km/h, but the other AI-driven Piper cars are far behind. They seems to use only one of the other 2 gearset I made (shorter ones, for shorter tracks). Even after 5/10 laps, no care, they don't "adapt".

Where in data folder am I suppose to bodge to "force" the AI on the longer gearset (which is supposed to be the default one)? At least for Le Mans.
IF i dont remember wrong you need to make an actual setup for the ai to use and name it properly.

iirc it's default_ai as the tune's name and the ai should default to that. But i'm not 100% sure the name of it is correct. but it should make it easier for you to google it.

IF i dont remember wrong you need to make an actual setup for the ai to use and name it properly.

iirc it's default_ai as the tune's name and the ai should default to that. But i'm not 100% sure the name of it is correct. but it should make it easier for you to google it.
Thanks for the tip, unfortunatly it had no effect for me.
For testing purpose, I ended up forcing the setup by leaving only one gear set on both the setup and the drivetrain files, The "Le Mans" one, to get the best top speed (270 km/h for me).

The result : 318 km/h. For the AI and for me, too. I don't know what I did but something's fishy :lol:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back