Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 133,854 comments
they are updated also, and they are not encrypted, and have been updated several times in since v1 just in the past year, so you can perhaps try them again as they are really top level.

26/06/2024
AC 1991 V1.1
– Updated all 3Ds of all cars with correct front and rear wing measurements
– Updated all engine sounds
– Small corrections on physical data
– AGS added gearbox animation
– Lambo 291 added gearbox animation
– Lola LC91 added gearbox animation and rounded windshield
04/06/2023

AC 1991 V1.0d
Change Log:

3D model:
– New 3D Helmet Rehos by EKO-SimRacing (thank you!) for McLaren 1991
– Add New 3D Helmet Rehos Senna in Williams FW14 Silverstone Edition Special Event.
– Fix Lotus 102B brake position
– Fix AGS rear suspension position
– add 3 lods for all cars

Graphics, Texture:
– Update skin pack with new Rehos Helmet Skins

Content Manager
– Created presets and driver performance for all 16 tracks of the 1991 World Championship.

Misc
– Fix Johansson name AGS

15/05/2023
AC 1991 V1.0c

Change Log:

Audio:
Add Audio Extension

3D Model:
New 3D Sterringwheel, new 3D Helmet (drivermodel)

07/05/2023
AC 1991 V1.0b
Change Log:

Physics:
Small correction on aerodynamics and FBB

Sound:
Introduced new sounds with sourround support in VR mode

3D Model:
Updated and improved models in general, specifically below;
– Brabham Sterringwheel 3D model
– Ferrari new 3D mirrors model
– Fondmetal new real 3D dashboard and display Model
– Fondmetal new 3D mirrors model
– Leyton House new 3D mirrors model, coverengine fix, add new sidepods configuration
– Minardi new 3D mirrors model
– Tyrrell new 3D mirrors model
– Williams new 3D mirrors model and fix cockpit edge
– Dallara new 3D mirrors model and fix sidepods normals

Graphics, configuration and Texture:
– new textures for slick tires
– some general corrections on some textures and skins
– New damage texture
Bruh I've downloaded the 1991 and 1992 updates yesterday and they're encrypted since 1.1 as you can't change the shaders values.

I know because I had them in 1.0d and they weren't.

The clue is in the missing three dots next to WCCARBODY.

Capture d'écran 2024-06-27 104638.png

Capture d'écran 2024-06-27 104651.png

vs the 1993 cars that aren't:

Capture d'écran 2024-06-27 105024.png

I don't mind anyways, the cars are top notch.

Bruh I've downloaded the 1991 and 1992 updates yesterday and they're encrypted since 1.1 as you can't change the shaders values.

I know because I had them in 1.0d and they weren't.

The clue is in the missing three dots next to WCCARBODY.

View attachment 1368027
View attachment 1368028

vs the 1993 cars that aren't:

View attachment 1368029

I don't mind anyways, the cars are top notch.
the 1992 set being 60 pounds is far too expensive.... but i see they are on reddit, hopefully reddit clears up the last few remaining stolen mod subredits

Okay, I have improved the 1982 season even more. I found out why SD cars crash so eagerly at Long Beach, Kyalami and Oesterreichring. They don't respond well to big ai driver aggression values. When I lowered the max. driver aggression to 20 for top drivers the crashes are pretty much gone. I mean gone 90%. There are still ai crashes occasionally but so what... so was in the real races. And when ai crashes it doesn't create catastrophical issues on the track unlike ai engine explosions, which every single time create a big traffic problem.

As I told in the previous post I created fast turbo cars and much, much slower Cosworths and compensated their lack of power with better fuel economy.

This means the Turbos have to take two pitstops whereas you can drive the whole race with just one pitstop.

I tried the ai engine failures but they are disastrous because they create crashes and mayhem as the ai car engines blow in the middle of the track.

But it's very possible to win races on slower circuits like Long Beach, Detroit and Monaco. Even Brands Hatch is possible to win with a perfect race as there are only one very fast straight.

Turbo cars are superior at Hockenheim, Monza, Paul Ricard where they can use their 15-20 km/h bigger top speed.

In this Oesterreichring the same thing... turbos are superior. I made a test race (25 laps) at Oesterreichring. This is one of the fastest tracks of the era and despite Turbos making two pitstops I was about 39 seconds behind the winner Prost (at ai level 100). I wasn't driving a great race but it was "ok" and near the limit. Made two stupid mistakes with one backmarker and once I took the chicane wrong way and ended up in gravel.

Winner Prost (turbo Renault) made two pitstops whereas I only pitted once and drove with bigger fuel load. The gap was 39 seconds but with better driving it could have been 15-20 seconds.

The real race had one of the most legendary endings between Elio de Angelis and Keke Rosberg. Watch it on Youtube. As you can see De Angelis and Rosberg were on the top only because all turbo cars (besides Tambay's Ferrari) had a technical DNF.

I'm getting more and more realistic vibe with this. I have modified all car datas and created significant power differences between turbos and Cosworths. These SD cars actually drive very well after you remove all other tyremodels than QF.

1983, 1984 and 1988 are also SD cars and I've done the exact same adjustments to them. However, 1982 was the most problematic as from 1983 almost all top teams had turbos and they become more reliable. Williams got Honda turbo only in the last races of the season 1983 though. It was seriously underpowered. In 1982 Rosberg won the title with way underpowered Cosworth by consistency and reliability. It's a lot of fun to drive a slower car against the turbos and try to catch them with pitstop tactics.

I'm a die hard classic F1 fan and getting these to play remotely realistic is a great feeling. I really enjoy driving these but for me the results and outcome is much more important than things like graphics. Also forcing the cars to pit was a big thing to improve realism. I aim at 25 minutes - 35 minute races. That means 15 laps on Hockenheim and 30 laps on Long Beach.

Already released before, now with just more improvements. Download everything from the video description. If you need the cars, pm me.

Statistics.

Qualifying: I got pretty much perfect lap (for me). I was still 2 seconds behind turbos.

y9438Zr.png

Race:

Ip9ZPkL.png

Winner (ai 100, turbo Renault) lap times:

6d7JAXg.png

My (Cosworth) lap times.

Is64csE.png

what software do you use to get those race results?

Sorry to reup such an old post but how do you even use it ? The preview settings using that map throws an error because, well, it's a photomap and not a proper showroom. Kinda lost with all that CSP previews crap
Put the map into your showroom folder assettocorsa>content>showroom

The CMPreset file goes into Appdata>Local>AcTools Content Manager>Presets>Custom Previews

Although this preview seems broken in general, It keeps crashing if you try to bulk update any mod with more than 5-8 liveries. Not ideal when you have some cars with more than 20+ liveries :irked:

Last edited:

The CMPreset file goes into Appdata>Local>AcTools Content Manager>Presets>Custom Previews

Although this preview seems broken in general, It keeps crashing if you try to bulk update any mod with more than 5-8 liveries. Not ideal when you have some cars with more than 20+ liveries :irked:
For that, there are 2 solutions. 1. go into skins for each car you want to update and then mark all at once, and then it´s updating as a bulk, but it takes longer than pressing only the "update previews" button.

2. you need to edit something with 3dSimEd in the .kn5 but I can´t share it here since the showroom is not my own work, so I am not allowed to share it. But, long story short, it is working with some extra work.

For that, there are 2 solutions. 1. go into skins for each car you want to update and then mark all at once, and then it´s updating as a bulk, but it takes longer than pressing only the "update previews" button.

2. you need to edit something with 3dSimEd in the .kn5 but I can´t share it here since the showroom is not my own work, so I am not allowed to share it. But, long story short, it is working with some extra work.
I don't understand the first one tbh, I have just chalked it down to be an encryption issue and CM or whatever throws a fit over it. Which is a shame since it's a good looking preview due to the lightning it uses.

Why Jaskier felt the need to encrypt a god damn showroom i'll never understand.

I feel like uploading the .kn5 with the fix would be fine though no?

Last edited:

It seems utterly broken in every way lmao. Think I'll stick with my presets, encrypted cars not working be damned.

for faster loading, and better perform overall. Nowadays SSD are cheaper than 5 years ago
Faster loading, yes, but it is not needed, it is a nice to have.

Better performance? how?

From what I understand from the system requirement list, SSD is a requirement.

Processor: Intel I5 8700k / AMD 1500X
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: GTX 1070, RX 580
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 100 GB available space
Sound Card: Integrated
VR Support: SteamVR, Oculus VR, OpenXR
Additional Notes: SSD required

Last edited:
Faster loading, yes, but it is not needed, it is a nice to have.

Better performance? how?

From what I understand from the system requirement list, SSD is a requirement.

Processor: Intel I5 8700k / AMD 1500X
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: GTX 1070, RX 580
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 100 GB available space
Sound Card: Integrated
VR Support: SteamVR, Oculus VR, OpenXR
Additional Notes: SSD required
faster loading = better performance
Higher quality textures for photorealism requires an higer speed than what an HDD could give.

How do i make the brake disc glow? I selected the ksbrakedisc shader, I also used the F138 shader settings, and I have the glowing texture set, yet in game when I brake there is no glow. Even with csp brakedisc fx. Why?

Forza Motorsport also requires an SSD, but that didn't make any difference when it came out (It came out more broken than glass when it falls to the floor.) 🤣
As someone who had FM8 installed on an HDD and switched to SSD, It very much does make a ton of differences. Textures loads instantly. Cars are not loading lod 3 and 4 instead of lod 1&2 etc. Track dont vanish cause you are driving faster than the hard drive can write.

Liveries load, trees load everything loads. Unlike it does on HDD's lol

I don't understand the first one tbh, I have just chalked it down to be an encryption issue and CM or whatever throws a fit over it. Which is a shame since it's a good looking preview due to the lightning it uses.

Why Jaskier felt the need to encrypt a god damn showroom i'll never understand.

I feel like uploading the .kn5 with the fix would be fine though no?
What don´t you understand? Just don´t use this button here

1719516375103.png

Instead, click
1719516400904.png
and then mark them all and use "update liveries". So you can update all at once with this showroom.
1719516442986.png

Forza Motorsport also requires an SSD, but that didn't make any difference when it came out (It came out more broken than glass when it falls to the floor.) 🤣
Didn't tested it, but as far as i know, no one would be able to run the game on HDD without broken textures. Loading of heavy content in fractions of seconds is basically IMPOSSIBILE on mechanical drive

What don´t you understand? Just don´t use this button here

View attachment 1368179

Instead, click View attachment 1368180 and then mark them all and use "update liveries". So you can update all at once with this showroom.
View attachment 1368181
Updating liveries don't update the previews though? At least they don't for me. But for some reason doing preview update trough this menu works for some reason. CM don't throw an error after 8 liveries, which makes absolutely no sense.

Updating liveries don't update the previews though? At least they don't for me. But for some reason doing preview update trough this menu works for some reason. CM don't throw an error after 8 liveries, which makes absolutely no sense.
Because this button uses a different approach to generate the previews.

Edit, there was this screenshot from AC Evo

assetto-corsa-evo-imola-jpg.765111

AC:

Screenshot_lamorte_m4_free_fn_imola_27-5-124-22-45-48.png

Last edited:
UPDATE AMG Mercedes-Benz C-Class 1995

New Update 1.2
---------------------------------------------------------
new steer and shift animation by Masscot (thx)
better LOD´s
new aero (based on Kunos Alfa 155 Ti V6)
fixed Skin Number 23 B.Mayländer

Time is very scarce atm so I've only just had a chance to test this. Seems like you added my shifting animation but neglected the important timing changes in driver3d.ini?

Somebody was working on a couple of extra skins too I think?

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back