Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,016 comments
sadly it did not...weird it's only happening to certain dirt/sand textures
try adding this line to [GRASS_FX] section in "ext_config.ini", yes nothing behind the "="

ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS=

edit: some tracks wrongly use "ksGrass" shader for terrain (intended for "3d"-grass blades)

when you have a GrassFX config, this line prevents hiding those meshes, which would be done by default with all meshes having a "ksGrass" shader assigned

Last edited:
I really appreciate your attempts to fix it, but unfortunately the problem still exists.
I drove down that same stretch over and over and could not duplicate what you posted in your animated gif. I could duplicate the light flickering all over the track that everyone else mentioned and that is what my fix was intended for. Personally, I don't think my lights mod has anything to do with what you are seeing, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Release:
Missing Skins for 1995 DTM Season "AMG Mercedes Team Persson Motorsport #22 Uwe Alzen"
"AMG Mercedes Team Ruch-Motorsport #24 Gerd Ruch"
minichamps-mercedes-c-class-22-alzen-dtm-1995-14-996x560-cc2.jpg
__custom_showroom_1719846138.jpg
49789144567_5ef3626675_o.jpg
s-l1121200.jpg
D8-003.JPG
B_FXXNUWsAAJMfy.png
__custom_showroom_1719846111.jpg__custom_showroom_1719846126.jpg
__custom_showroom_1719846118.jpg61.019_K.jpg

minichamps-mercedes-2.jpg
Gerd_Ruch_-_Mercedes_C-Class_V6_at_Donington_1995_(49789144752).jpg
minichamps-mercedes-c-class-24-ruch-dtm-1995-2-996x560-cc2.jpg
minichamps-mercedes-c-class-24-ruch-dtm-1995-3-996x560-cc2.jpg
143_minichamps_mercedes_benz_c_1618091233_8610323f_progressive.jpg__custom_showroom_1719846105.jpg__custom_showroom_1719846120.jpg__custom_showroom_1719846124.jpg

minichamps-mercedes-c-class-24-ruch-dtm-1995-4-996x560-cc2.jpg
__custom_showroom_1719846139.jpg

Creating the skins was really a very hard and fiddly job, but I'm very proud of it.I drew a lot of logos myself, because they can no longer be found, even though some of them are from companies in my area, and now my racing friends have fun with it. I apologize in advance if everything didn't turn out perfectly.

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1719846139.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1719846139.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
a lot of hypocrites on this page, bashing actk, when so many on this page are re-releasing cars with other peoples or kunos assets, ie: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/downloads/porsche-911-946-version-6.6879/. one guy just released skins for a trr car... and wasnt bashed for it. trr's cars are all stolen!
The porsche is a pretty poor example of re-releasing cars, There isn't an car like that in base AC lol. As for TRR they should be avoided at all cost. Yes their 3D models are often stolen from other creators they have told 3D modelers before that they are willing to pay if someone were to help them with 3D model stuff only to completely ghost them when they get the 3D model and still use it after not paying.

They are known for stealing LUA codes and using assets without permission that other people have made. Their physics are Kunos garbage. idk why people keep "praising them" when all they do is wait for someone else to do the job and swoop in and steal it all and apply their ACTK level of "polish and fixes" Their Panoz GTR-1 mod is literally just F302's convert and nothing else lmfao.

Last edited:
Release:
Missing Skins for 1995 DTM Season "AMG Mercedes Team Persson Motorsport #22 Uwe Alzen"
"AMG Mercedes Team Ruch-Motorsport #24 Gerd Ruch"
View attachment 1369161
View attachment 1369148View attachment 1369151View attachment 1369154View attachment 1369153View attachment 1369152View attachment 1369143View attachment 1369147
View attachment 1369144View attachment 1369150

View attachment 1369158View attachment 1369159View attachment 1369156View attachment 1369157View attachment 1369155View attachment 1369142View attachment 1369145View attachment 1369146

View attachment 1369163View attachment 1369164

Creating the skins was really a very hard and fiddly job, but I'm very proud of it.I drew a lot of logos myself, because they can no longer be found, even though some of them are from companies in my area, and now my racing friends have fun with it. I apologize in advance if everything didn't turn out perfectly.
Looks amazing! care to share your Preview Presets? :)

Everyone is okay with the AI pit App by Nuzzi? For me the last updates don't work... (the first one did)

It's strange because I can change AI tyres at the start, so the app seems ok, but then the AI never stops for the pit... never

It's just me?
I'm having the same problem and I've tried everything to try and get the app to work. I've uninstalled it and redownloaded, manual install, CSP 2.4 preview, CSP 2.3, different types of cars, different types of tracks, enabled all extended physics in CSP settings and the extended physics on the race now screen in CM. I even tried old versions of the app, from 2.6, 2.7 and 2.8. Also tried starting the AI on different compounds, pitting them on different laps, ect. Nothing I do seems to work for me.

Last edited:
Hello GTP People,

First post here, so let me start by saying Hello 🖐️ Thanks for all your wonderful contributions! AC Content and banter...

After this weekend's F1 I just had to drive a couple of laps on the Red Bull Ring. The only track in my collection that for some reason just isn't looking as good as others. So I've been avoiding it.
Here's how it looks when I load a session. To me it looks horrible: the grass, the trees, the bushes, every texture
Screenshot_ks_porsche_718_boxster_s_ks_red_bull_ring_1-6-124-21-10-50.jpg

When I disable the track config (the one CSP downloads from Github), it looks like this, which seems more better-er
Screenshot_ks_porsche_718_boxster_s_ks_red_bull_ring_1-6-124-21-11-26.jpg

So today I tried a couple of things.
I started by commenting out all of the conditions in the track config and step-by-step uncomment them. I quickly found which condition does what. But, then I came to the conclusion that all the summer conditions turn a good looking track into a less good looking track.
Surely, I am mistaken here. It can't be that all the conditions are wrong :confused:

And then, I found that when I start a session, it looks horrible. Then when I change the time/day/month/year in Pure, everything is how it should look.

Screenshot_ks_porsche_718_boxster_s_ks_red_bull_ring_1-6-124-21-11-4.jpgScreenshot_ks_porsche_718_boxster_s_ks_red_bull_ring_1-6-124-21-11-15.jpg

Anybody who can shed some light on what's going on here?

Hello GTP People,

First post here, so let me start by saying Hello 🖐️ Thanks for all your wonderful contributions! AC Content and banter...

After this weekend's F1 I just had to drive a couple of laps on the Red Bull Ring. The only track in my collection that for some reason just isn't looking as good as others. So I've been avoiding it.
Here's how it looks when I load a session. To me it looks horrible: the grass, the trees, the bushes, every texture
View attachment 1369192

When I disable the track config (the one CSP downloads from Github), it looks like this, which seems more better-er
View attachment 1369193

I started by commenting out all of the conditions in the track config and step-by-step uncomment them. I quickly found which condition does what. But, then I came to the conclusion that all the summer conditions turn a good looking track into a less good looking track.
Surely, I am mistaken here. It can't be that all the conditions are wrong :confused:

And then, I found that when I start a session, it looks horrible. Then when I change the time/day/month/year in Pure, everything is how it should look.

View attachment 1369194View attachment 1369195

there's a fix from @racinjoe013 somewhere if you search this topic. To be precise HERE

there's a fix from @racinjoe013 somewhere if you search this topic. To be precise HERE
Funny this should come up now. I ran some laps on the track after watching the F1 race and realized when I did my mod for this track, I didn't know how to add cameras to the TV truck displays. Now I do after doing them for Portland and Imola and i'm considering taking the time to add them to the base track as well. I think the Pyyer mods already have them for the F1 layouts, but the base track doesn't. I think all they say is Rolex.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion @CrisT86!
I have tried the skin and extension from yourself & @racinjoe013 and that seems to solve the loading problem. I've noticed that the offending MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT lines with the condition SEASON_SUMMER have been removed from the communally adapted config.

I would still like to understand why the original CSP config fails to load correctly on initial load, but works perfect after a date change in Pure planner. And it only happens with the Kunos Red Bull Ring.

Last edited:
I have tried the skin and extension from yourself & @racinjoe013 and that seems to solve the loading problem. I've noticed that the offending MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT lines with the condition SEASON_SUMMER have been removed from the communally adapted config.

I would still like to understand why the original CSP config fails to load correctly on initial load, but works perfect after a date change in Pure planner. And it only happens with the Kunos Red Bull Ring.
I don't think i've understood your problem to be honest. About what has been removed i don't know, my config is a work made in collab with others, so maybe something has been changed since i did it. My original file is still as i made it (and updated accordingly to the update done by RJ)

Follow the instructions regards the ai_default hack on the website.

Weirdly other miata mods do this too when you use AI.
I am amazed it took this long for a racing old school MX 5.
Skins are pretty cool and work on about every old miata mod i have.
About the Miata spec by redSerpente 1.7 updated with ACTK's lods and therefore 1.8,
this data file brings small good things...fixes wrong visual tyres size resulting in the dreaded "car flying over tarmac" effect
and adds a bit of shake_mul to show more vibrations when in cockpit view.

It still requires someone who deeply understands AI and set-ups and sorts the whole mess, tho.

Screenshot_mazda_miata_spec_m_mugello_2-6-124-0-5-22.jpg

Attachments

• data.zip
    29.1 KB · Views: 2

I don't have an answer to your loading question. Honestly, I haven't used the CSP config since I made the initial version of my mod in 2022. And i've never had an issue with the track looking incorrect until I change the date. I guess I could disable my mod and try it the old CSP way and see what happens just to help you figure out what might be wrong.

I would like to comment on something you mentioned above about all the conditions being wrong. I wouldn't say 'wrong' is the right way to term it. Just more of a difference in opinions on how things should look. For instance, i've seen some CSP configs that turn the grass or pine trees orange in the fall. Maybe there are places in the world where that happens, but i've never seen it. So to me it's wrong, but is it really wrong or just something i've never experienced where I live in the US.

Hi, I'm pleased to announce the public release of my 2nd track, Grand Valley Speedway for Assetto Corsa.
36 pits, Decent AI, Grass and Rain fx, 4 layouts (complete, east and their respective backs)
You can download it right now for free on my patreon (pinned post), link in the video description.
By the way, next Sunday I'll be doing an online track day, I haven't decided the time but I'll soon announce it on patreon along with the details (obviously free post), so if you want to participate stay tuned.
If you like what I do and want to support me you can subscribe to some of the levels and get benefits like early access to tracks in development, voting on the next track, or billboards with your names/logos.
Finally here is the video:

Last edited:
Hi, I'm pleased to announce the public release of my 2nd track, Grand Valley Speedway for Assetto Corsa.
36 pits, Decent AI, Grass and Rain fx, 4 layouts (complete, east and their respective backs)
You can download it right now for free on my patreon (pinned post), link in the video description.
By the way, next Sunday I'll be doing an online track day, I haven't decided the time but I'll soon announce it on patreon along with the details (obviously free post), so if you want to participate stay tuned.
If you like what I do and want to support me you can subscribe to some of the levels and get benefits like early access to tracks in development, voting on the next track, or billboards with your names/logos.

Love to see you continue with your work! Always great quality in what you provide us!

Hello GTP People,

View attachment 1369192

View attachment 1369193

View attachment 1369194View attachment 1369195

There are some tracks by kunos, which have too bright textures for the "new graphics". You can use the AC colors corrections pack from the Sol/Pure discord Server, or like already mentioned, you use texture skins from other modders.

I removed the the shader adjustments in the community config. Because it is just better for this track and all other tracks, that the changes are made on the texture. So the idea behind is:
The original texture already has too much sunlight baked into. But this is not good if we try to put a realistic sunlight additional to it. So we edit the textures and trying to substract the baked sunlight.

looks really great! I really hope for a good Trial Mountain or Midfield some day :)

Last edited:
Complex String v1.0
Screenshot_abarth500_s1_complex_string_2-6-124-20-46-29.jpg

Complex String is a long fictional track that only appears in Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec.
Conversion from rFactor.

-CSP recommended
-28 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Original Track by BLeeK
-I have tried to contact him but have not been able to. I thank him for his work.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
Pit Buildings from complexstring by Unknown (Original rFactor Track by miyapon)
some textures and objects by kunos

Download (MEGA)

Enjoy.

Afaik there is none…
The interior isn’t finished either, though somebody added one and the author wasn’t pleasd at all. As for now I think there will be no progress for this car. I hope I’m wrong though…
oh, i see. i thought that the like someone gave at my question at first was a yes and i found a modded version of that car with a very nice interior. i will post some screenshots later

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back