Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,185 comments
i finished switching my ac and also launched the game via steam and now its „stuck“ saying „loading car metadata 100%“ can i close the original launcher and now open it with cm?
The vanilla launcher suck anyway, the interface is REALLY outdated, looks like a game from the early 90's
And yes vanilla launcher cant work with too many mods installed

AXIA Trampio Black (a tough skin to make) W.I.P
__custom_showroom_1720086619.jpg

Sorry to repeat topics, but... I revisited Reboot's Fuji with the recent ClimaxF1 retexture, and I have the issue of distant mountains (including Mount Fuji) looking plain gray. I think in the past I solved it by modifying some of the "Adaptive Clip Planes" parameters, as was commented here.

I have tried to find the solution again with the forum search, and neither of the two options I have found (increase "Far plane, m:" or increase "ta_fog_distance %" in Sol) seems to work... By the way, CSP 0.1.79 and 3 Monitors, not VR...

Could someone without this problem share their "Adaptive clip planes" settings, or suggest some idea to see if I can fix it?

Thanks in advance, pals...

Sorry to repeat topics, but... I revisited Reboot's Fuji with the recent ClimaxF1 retexture, and I have the issue of distant mountains (including Mount Fuji) looking plain gray. I think in the past I solved it by modifying some of the "Adaptive Clip Planes" parameters, as was commented here.

I have tried to find the solution again with the forum search, and neither of the two options I have found (increase "Far plane, m:" or increase "ta_fog_distance %" in Sol) seems to work... By the way, CSP 0.1.79 and 3 Monitors, not VR...

Could someone without this problem share their "Adaptive clip planes" settings, or suggest some idea to see if I can fix it?

Blue/grey mountains are normally a fog or smog issue.
If the mountains 'wobble' then that's usually insufficient far clip plains, but I don't think that will solve the blue/grey mountains.
In Sol (and Pure) reducing fog/smog should fix it, but you'll probably lose the rest of the nice 'fade with distance' depth effect that fog/smog provides.
Changing the time of day can also help, so the sun direction on the mountain is different.

Regarding Simplygon's ridiculous paywall and the lack of mod LODs since, I was reminded of this Blender method that I used before Simplygon was integrated into CM. Might be worth investigating? I seem to remember being able to produce a set of rudimentary LODs in about 10 mins. Won't be as quick and easy as Simplygon, but better than nothing.
sounds interesting

Blue/grey mountains are normally a fog or smog issue.
If the mountains 'wobble' then that's usually insufficient far clip plains, but I don't think that will solve the blue/grey mountains.
In Sol (and Pure) reducing fog/smog should fix it, but you'll probably lose the rest of the nice 'fade with distance' depth effect that fog/smog provides.
Changing the time of day can also help, so the sun direction on the mountain is different.
I tried that method before but although the fbx file size was significantly reduced, the converted kn5 file tended to be barely any smaller. But digging through that thread further than I did before I think I might have messed up a few steps.

Another plugin for blender is this - https://blendermarket.com/products/lods-maker--create-level-of-details-in-1-click/?ref=1193, although it does tend to make a lot of additional filing work as it spreads stuff into new collections. However it does keep parent dummies and their animation properties so that is a bonus.

Maybe the winner is a combo of both methods?

Regarding Simplygon's ridiculous paywall and the lack of mod LODs since, I was reminded of this Blender method that I used before Simplygon was integrated into CM. Might be worth investigating? I seem to remember being able to produce a set of rudimentary LODs in about 10 mins. Won't be as quick and easy as Simplygon, but better than nothing.
I've tried it in several situations and when everything is in place it works very well and reduces lod creation times.. The first step, merge vertices by distance, merges neighboring vertices within a certain distance. Especially in older 3D models, or in those with an incorrect topology, rather annoying distortions are created, in some cases even serious ones (1) . All this happens due to the alteration of the topology of the model. With just the first step, taking TVR as an example, exactly this happens. If we then decimate the model, the situation gets worse: we will have decimated a disaster, obtaining a double disaster (2). Furthermore, it would still be necessary to manually eliminate all the useless meshes for that lod, so specific work would still need to be done. Every time I've had to create a lod, I've never been lucky. 🙁

1. Merge vertices by distance

1720094731697.png

2. Decimate modifier

1720094764411.png

I've tried it in several situations and when everything is in place it works very well and reduces lod creation times.. The first step, merge vertices by distance, merges neighboring vertices within a certain distance. Especially in older 3D models, or in those with an incorrect topology, rather annoying distortions are created, in some cases even serious ones (1) . All this happens due to the alteration of the topology of the model. With just the first step, taking TVR as an example, exactly this happens. If we then decimate the model, the situation gets worse: we will have decimated a disaster, obtaining a double disaster (2). Furthermore, it would still be necessary to manually eliminate all the useless meshes for that lod, so specific work would still need to be done. Every time I've had to create a lod, I've never been lucky. 🙁

View attachment 1369862

2. Decimate modifier

View attachment 1369863
were you in edit mode

This used to be the easy solution:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-13979169

But since I posted it not so long ago here, I checked and for some reason, that slider does nothing now, must be a new bug introduced with a new CSP version...once again...:grumpy:

EDIT: reverting to earlier CSP versions and reinstalling SOL didn't help either, so I have no clue why this thing doesn't work anymore...:indiff:
EDIT2: using SOL...

Last edited:
has anyone else purchased pure 0.40? i cant get even one ppf filters to look as good on the new pure(lcs) compared to default Ilja controller and also compared to pure gamma. pure gamma works great as it always has with pure filters and many others. CSP default weather controller looks even better with certain lcs filters... but i cant get any filter to look good on pure-lcs compared to default lcs or this guys earlier work. does the guying who gets
$60,000 a month on patreon know what he is doing? his lcs work so far is so bad. it is no problem for me as i can always use default ilja settings, or cancel my subcription, but what is the point of spending money on a product that makes the game look worse??? these early lcs releases should be free beta mods.

Attachments

• aaaaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaaaa.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 1
has anyone else purchased pure 0.40? i cant get even one ppf filters to look as good on the new pure(lcs) compared to default Ilja controller and also compared to pure gamma. pure gamma works great as it always has with pure filters and many others. CSP default weather controller looks even better with certain lcs filters... but i cant get any filter to look good on pure-lcs compared to default lcs or this guys earlier work. does the guying who gets
$60,000 a month on patreon know what he is doing? his lcs work so far is so bad. it is no problem for me as i can always use default ilja settings, or cancel my subcription, but what is the point of spending money on a product that makes the game look worse??? these early lcs releases should be free beta mods.
Are you aware that PureLCS is not ready, it is still missing skyboxes and some shaders for example. Those should be in the next version that comes out in September. You also need a PPF that is meant to be used with this new PureLCS, I don't think any older filter will work. Did you try Pure filter with LCS, it looked fine for me, certainly not worse than most Default weather LCS filters.

Have you not read any of the explanation provided by Peter so far? the LCS feature implemented in CSP, and so which is used by Pure LCS, cannot work correctly with older/previous ppfilter which were made for the old Pure/Pure Gamma.

Last edited:
Tried (and failed at places) to update 101Creative's forgotten-or-forever-in-beta VX220 (2 years! Come on!).

changes :

• rear lights, indicators, low / high beams, tyres from his Opel Speedster.
  • added plate livery and stock colours from my version of the Speedster / VX220 with optional black roof colour

__custom_showroom_1720101267.jpg

__custom_showroom_1720101285.jpg

What still needs to be done : proper understanding of emissive and refracting lights. That ain't for my monke brain.
Oh and revamping the interior like his Speedster.

Maybe 101Creative will see this and FINALLY RELEASE IT. Or not.

Tried it, messes up the UV badly. get the EasyLOD plugin for Blender, takes less time, is less buggy and gives better results.

Last edited:
This used to be the easy solution:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-13979169

But since I posted it not so long ago here, I checked and for some reason, that slider does nothing now, must be a new bug introduced with a new CSP version...once again...:grumpy:
Thanks for test it!

Yes, I found that option with the search , but as you say, it has no effect, although I have noticed that while moving the fog slider, the image of the distant mountains flashes and is seen correctly for fractions of a second. Anyway, I can be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that in the past I resolved the problem tinkering settings in "Adaptative Clip Planes"... but don't remember what numbers I set, hence my request that anyone share their settings...

On the other hand, while I have test briefly newer versions, I'm still using the latest recommended public CSP version (0.1.79), so I don't know if it's really a CSP issue. Can be wrong again, of course...

The only thing I have left to try is Masscot's suggestion of changing the time of day, to see if it has any effect.

Last edited:

View attachment 1369862

2. Decimate modifier

View attachment 1369863
You have to recalculate the normals after merging. You didn't that's why you have these distortions

As Alguecool also said there should be no problems. Follow his suggestion and if it doesn't work, let us know so we can figure out what's wrong. Just to be sure, in the ksEditor check if the shader works. Select the brake disc material, look for the "glowlevel" parameter (or something similar) and give it a value (in my case I chose 100 as the value). If the disk glows, then it means that the problem is not in the shader section (obviously reset the value to 0 before saving, it's just a test).

But remember: sometimes they don't want to work at all. 😂

View attachment 1369623
I'm not using kseditor, but kseditorAT

How do I make the view look colorful like you? Mine is like black and white

Also it is glowing so I guess the shader does work. But is it normal to leave it at 0?

I'm not using kseditor, but kseditorAT

How do I make the view look colorful like you? Mine is like black and white

Also it is glowing so I guess the shader does work. But is it normal to leave it at 0?
It's normal to leave the value at zero as it changes automatically in game, let's put it this way. But I don't quite understand what you mean by "it looks black and white", can you explain it better? :confused:

The porsche is a pretty poor example of re-releasing cars, There isn't an car like that in base AC lol. As for TRR they should be avoided at all cost. Yes their 3D models are often stolen from other creators they have told 3D modelers before that they are willing to pay if someone were to help them with 3D model stuff only to completely ghost them when they get the 3D model and still use it after not paying.

They are known for stealing LUA codes and using assets without permission that other people have made. Their physics are Kunos garbage. idk why people keep "praising them" when all they do is wait for someone else to do the job and swoop in and steal it all and apply their ACTK level of "polish and fixes" Their Panoz GTR-1 mod is literally just F302's convert and nothing else lmfao.
that is true about TRR but sometimes they make fixes like for example the Nissan GTP ZX Turbo was pretty much forgotten and hadent been updated in forever, they came and yes did the wrong thing and steal it but also updated it to have new features like for example working wipers and rain actually hitting the glass.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back