Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,363 comments
I tried the Ferrari 499P from "FSR": very mediocre in my opinion. Can anyone give their opinion on the "FSR" mods? Thank
They are not good, All their stuff is either converted mods from rFactor 2, AMS2 or LMU. A good chunk of his "physics" are stolen from VRC or RSS and then butchered by him, His 850 Super Touring version is a good example.

Last edited:
RSS allowed the bypass of the starter. I am not sure VRC ever did unless you went with Non-CSP physics.
Correct, no bypass on VRC cars. However there are about 4 methods of starting the car now, which should make it more accessible for people. Car also auto-restarts when you restart the session or jump to the pits.

Correct, no bypass on VRC cars. However there are about 4 methods of starting the car now, which should make it more accessible for people. Car also auto-restarts when you restart the session or jump to the pits.
I had forgotten about the non CSP version. I'm going to use it. But I thought I remembered on the VRC Trans Am cars that an auto start was available.

Hi Forum! I need your help.
How can I solve this problem?
I am on CSP 0.2.4-preview1 with latest Pure.
Kunos Barcelona with Pyyer's extension.
Thanks.

View attachment 1373771
I had a similar problem and I fixed thanks to Fanapryde
See here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-4314#post-14220745

Has anyone ever found a solution for the cars that stay on the track "crawling" and create huge issues especially on the street tracks? Then the idiotic ai cars stay behind them and create traffic.

I mean when they drive 30 km/h and never retire but stay on the track after a crash, etc.

That is a big issue.
Nope, and I'd like to know a workaround for this too.
In AI behavior I have "return to pits when damaged" (or something like that) checked but still I get cars going 20 km/h after a crash. And to add insult to injury, with the hazard lights on.

umb
Next VRC chapter is arrived!

I have always been using the RSS Formula Hybrids, which are magnificent cars, but recently I tried the VRC Formula Alpha 2023. And I must say, I think that the VRC is the better car, both in terms of visuals, options, fun and depth. I'm not able to fully utilise a fraction of all the settings and options this car has, but it all seems very legit to me, and I haven't found any stuff that's obviously fake or just plain gimmick.

And the car is fun to drive! So I instabought the 2024 as well. I haven't had the time to test it properly yet, but I have no reason to believe that it'll let me down in any way. So I'm soon off to the virtual Spa for some racing. Just remember to weigh the car properly before the race...

Bottom line: These are mods that are absolutely worth paying for! Together with some other mods, I can really feel like Valtteri Bottas whenever I want: Slowest, but coolest. (And no, I'm not a salesman, just an enthusiastic guy expressing my childish excitement for these brilliant mods.)

Last edited:
... I can really feel like Valtteri Bottas...

bottas redneck.jpg

Outstanding! I looked carefully to see If it had the correct Stowe Corner Entry and original Prioy/Luffield complex, and it did!

I guess all we need now, is a 1986-1990 version, with both configs of the Woodcote chicane.
I'm sure that exists along the wayside somewhere - I have this checked off on my F1 Layout masterlist.

'Technically speaking', we are only missing the 1994-1995, and the 1996 layouts for Silverstone.

I have always been using the RSS Formula Hybrids, which are magnificent cars, but recently I tried the VRC Formula Alpha 2023. And I must say, I think that the VRC is the better car, both in terms of visuals, options, fun and depth. I'm not able to fully utilise a fraction of all the settings and options this car has, but it all seems very legit to me, and I haven't found any stuff that's obviously fake or just plain gimmick.

And the car is fun to drive! So I instabought the 2024 as well. I haven't had the time to test it properly yet, but I have no reason to believe that it'll let me down in any way. So I'm soon off to the virtual Spa for some racing. Just remember to weigh the car properly before the race...

Bottom line: These are mods that are absolutely worth paying for! Together with some other mods, I can really feel like Valtteri Bottas whenever I want: Slowest, but coolest. (And no, I'm not a salesman, just an enthusiastic guy expressing my childish excitement for these brilliant mods.)

VRC is already a very fast car with a huge aero.
I think VRC is more like a real F1 in terms of grip, front, turning but also too easy to handle while you don't know the car, you never accomplised a lap.

RSS is harder to handle, more understeery, really slower but i feel the traction more "mechanical", you have to work to extract the speed.
And that's why i prefer RSS.

The biggest con of RSS is the hybrid system. it's so outdated, sometimes on a long circuit even in mode 3 your battery is empty after 3 laps, so you have to use mode 2 that is so underpowered.

I am not objective, i am a biggest fan of RSS, i love their FFB, physics, everything works so well in what i am looking for in a sim.
(except the BMW hybrid that lack so much of downforce, their worst car to be honest)

I tried the Ferrari 499P from "FSR": very mediocre in my opinion. Can anyone give their opinion on the "FSR" mods? Thank
I just have the 296 GT3, it's mediocre. Not horrible, not okay. too much traction even with TC off...
Dashboard and realisation are good.

There is no RSS or URD 296 GT3 so i still use it.

Ferrari F430 Challenge 2006 Public Release !!!!
Converted from GRID 2019 By Peter Crill
Download:https://sharemods.com/fj21l5thdn09/f430_challenge_101creative.zip.html
-AO inside and out
-Realistic Dashboard
-Physics
-CSP Settings
Credits:
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Steering Wheel-Norms
-Lods GARAGE ACTK
-Fictional Aero Version included
View attachment 1375752View attachment 1375754View attachment 1375755View attachment 1375756View attachment 1375757View attachment 1375759View attachment 1375760View attachment 1375761View attachment 1375762View attachment 1375763View attachment 1375764
Man i did a race of 20 laps on the mugello with the non aero car, it's so much fun.
Easy to drift, very funny to play with the balance of the car. A lot of power.

A pleasure.

I'm sure that exists along the wayside somewhere - I have this checked off on my F1 Layout masterlist.

'Technically speaking', we are only missing the 1994-1995, and the 1996 layouts for Silverstone.
Yeah, there is a 1988 version of Silverstone out there, but literally every corner is so obviously 'wrong' that I don't consider it a viable option.

Last edited:
How do you automatically start the car? VRC has always had the option to bypass the manual start procedure but I don't see it anywhere in the extended controls?
I'm fairly certain you can edit the scripts file and take out what you don't want or need. I was having a play around with that file when I was using a controller a while back and you've only got so many buttons available to you!

They are not good, All their stuff is either converted mods from rFactor 2, AMS2 or LMU. A good chunk of his "physics" are stolen and butchered by VRC or RSS, Who ever is good at making physics and have not encrypted their physics.
Unfortunately my PC is very modest. The VRC/RSS/URD mods are perhaps too heavy, I can't use them for races, the PC crashes (cpu >99%)

I'm fairly certain you can edit the scripts file and take out what you don't want or need. I was having a play around with that file when I was using a controller a while back and you've only got so many buttons available to you!
Check out the VRC cockpit controls app, it comes with the car and lets you do everything you could ever need with only the d-pad on controller

I think VRC is more like a real F1 in terms of grip, front, turning but also too easy to handle while you don't know the car, you never accomplised a lap.

RSS is harder to handle, more understeery, really slower but i feel the traction more "mechanical", you have to work to extract the speed.

The biggest con of RSS is the hybrid system. it's so outdated, sometimes on a long circuit even in mode 3 your battery is empty after 3 laps, so you have to use mode 2 that is so underpowered.

I am not objective, i am a biggest fan of RSS, i love their FFB, physics, everything works so well in what i am looking for in a sim.
(except the BMW hybrid that lack so much of downforce, their worst car to be honest)
Thats kinda surprise for me. Because I feel the Opposite way. Started f1 2O23 with RSS but switched early to VRC, because RSS was easy to easy to handle for me :D

Beside that - both groups as good as always mandatory buy :)

The 2024 VRC definitely feels "stickier" to me than the RSS model even in bone stock form which is how I run them. The AI in the one race I ran at Silverstone was awful at the start. They kept piling up at turn 1 and eventually after 6 or 7 attempts trying to start from P14 I just bailed out and started dead last and waited for pileup and drove around it. So I don't know if it was the specific car behavior or the track that caused that.

I think that's way over my head to figure out how to do that. I have enough trouble as it is with trying to install mods. There's about a 50/50 shot that I'm going to screw it up somehow and it's not going to install right. I've got two track mods currently stuck like that and I don't know how to fix them.

I love how the instructions on some of these mods say, "installation is simple" when it's anything but that. On some of them I want to say, "Do you have a set of instructions in order to understand the original instructions". :)

Finally released, it is available on overtake.
Thanks for your support!
I join in the praise for this mod, which is the least we should do to recognize the work of its creator. This car ticks all the boxes: fun to drive, graphically impeccable, incredible handling, great sound, good ffb, rearview mirrors that offer a perfect image, care for the small details that add realism, such as a functional odometer, windshield wipers that wobble with speed, etc, etc...

Things can always be improved, with less heavy lods, more accurated speed of the wipers, or finishing the texture of the wiper blade...

Captura.JPG

...but this car is another of those little gems that appear from time to time on Assetto Corsa. Thanks a lot, @rnoir.

I join in the praise for this mod, which is the least we should do to recognize the work of its creator. This car ticks all the boxes: fun to drive, graphically impeccable, incredible handling, great sound, good ffb, rearview mirrors that offer a perfect image, care for the small details that add realism, such as a functional odometer, windshield wipers that wobble with speed, etc, etc...

Things can always be improved, with less heavy lods, more accurated speed of the wipers, or finishing the texture of the wiper blade...

View attachment 1376567

...but this car is another of those little gems that appear from time to time on Assetto Corsa. Thanks a lot, @rnoir.
I used it at Oulton Park yesterday. It really is a fun little car.

View attachment 1376567

...but this car is another of those little gems that appear from time to time on Assetto Corsa. Thanks a lot, @rnoir[/USER
[/QUOTE]

View attachment 1376567

Thank you Perico Lospa! I will correct the points you mention in a future update.

View attachment 1376534

DW Mods Belcar Pack Update:​

BMW Z4 M Coupe GT3 v3.0​

Marcos Mantis GT3 v3.5​

Gillet Vertigo Streiff v3.5​

Ultima GTR v2.0​

Mosler MT900 GT3 v1.5​

Dodge Viper Competition Coupe v1.0​

Changelog:​

• massive physics rework
  • minor bug fixes

Big thx to "chihaeru" for his 24h Nürburgring Livery. 🥰

Download:

Great work, as always. Thank you so much. Tested the Viper at Spa. So much fun

Attachments

• Screenshot_dw_dodge_viper_competition_coupe_spa_29-6-124-21-48-54.jpg
    Screenshot_dw_dodge_viper_competition_coupe_spa_29-6-124-21-48-54.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

View attachment 1376534

BMW Z4 M Coupe GT3 v3.0​

Marcos Mantis GT3 v3.5​

Ultima GTR v2.0​

Mosler MT900 GT3 v1.5​

• massive physics rework
  • minor bug fixes

Download:

a​

View attachment 1376534

BMW Z4 M Coupe GT3 v3.0​

Marcos Mantis GT3 v3.5​

Ultima GTR v2.0​

Mosler MT900 GT3 v1.5​

• massive physics rework
  • minor bug fixes

Download:

All the cars work excellent except for the Viper, the "Setup Validation" stay no matter what i do on the setup.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla (68).png
    Captura de pantalla (68).png
    304.8 KB · Views: 5
DW Mods Belcar Pack Update...
...and continuing with the list of thanks (this feels like the Oscar ceremony), a shout out to DaWallace for offering us these wonderful wacky race cars that give me goosebumps when I hear their roars. And that's the problem now, at least on my side: the roar... In this last iteration of the pack, the only car that growls well to me is the Ultima V8...

- The BMW Z4 have a sound behaviour that didn't happen before; driving in first person, when throttling at idle or coasting at low speed, it seems to sound well, but as you pick up speed, the roar of the engine fades away to a too low volume (specially at max speed), although the sound of the transmission remains loud and more present.

- With the Gillet Vertigo, Marcos Mantis, Mosler MT900 and Ultima 3.2 happens something similar but not exactly the same; the own sounds inside the own cars are very low comparing with the external sounds of the AI cars, that are too loud, when it should be the opposite... By listening more to outside noises, realism is lost because you cannot listen to your own engine to shift gears and the AI cars sound as if they are nearby, even if they are far away.

And last, but not least:

- When I try to drive the Dodge Viper (doesn't matter if Practice, Race, Trackday...) the game stucks eternally in the "Setup validating, Please wait" state. In this case I think the problem must be caused by one of my settings or by incompatibility with the 0.1.79 CSP version that I use, I don't know... At least I can admire the car with the panoramic cinematic shot... 😅

Sorry for giving bad news, but I would like to know if this also happens to other people or if it is a problem with my system. If the problem was on my side, could I swap the sound files in the "data" folders between the old and the new versions or are they encrypted? And what could be the problem that the game never finish validating the Viper setup?

Thanks in advance, pals.

EDIT: I just saw the previous message...

Last edited:

View attachment 1376534

BMW Z4 M Coupe GT3 v3.0​

Marcos Mantis GT3 v3.5​

Ultima GTR v2.0​

Mosler MT900 GT3 v1.5​

• massive physics rework
  • minor bug fixes

Download:

Viper is broke can't drive it, Just eternally stuck in validation setup.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back