Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,372 comments
is there any good Spa texture update available? especially the trees don´t look that good
20240729-233631-spa-dw_dodge_viper_competition_coupe.png

24H
is there any good Spa texture update available? especially the trees don´t look that good View attachment 1376627
If you want to keep it simple and are only using the original/default Spa track you can try these two mods together:

If you use the Spa 2022 extension from Guigui (https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/spa-francorchamps-2022.50090/) and want just the trees/grass changed then give the Rich Summer skin 2022 a try: https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/rich-summer-skin-for-spa-francorchamps.55177/

Last edited:
Finally released, it is available on overtake.
Thanks for your support!
Thank you for this fantastic little car. It's really fun to drive. But I noticed a little bug. The inside of the doors are reflecting the street. You can fix this by moving the door meshes to COCKPIT_HR in the ext_config.ini

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = porte G paint int, porte D paint int
MOVE_TO = COCKPIT_HR

umb
Next VRC chapter is arrived!

By far the best open wheel car done in AC.
Details / Physics etc is top notch. (taking advantage of the massive rewrite of the AC hybrid via csp)

Just my opinion here VRC 2024 is much harder to drive on edge compared to VRC 2023.

When you turn in with VRC 2024 if tires don't have enough grip the car will just snap on you without warning and it can't be saved.

For example Spa after Kemmel Straight going into right and left hander in Les Combes.

Tires will just let go if you come in too hot and it will spin out violently.

Last edited:

View attachment 1376534

DW Mods Belcar Pack Update:​

BMW Z4 M Coupe GT3 v3.0​

Marcos Mantis GT3 v3.5​

Gillet Vertigo Streiff v3.5​

Ultima GTR v2.0​

Mosler MT900 GT3 v1.5​

Dodge Viper Competition Coupe v1.0​

Changelog:​

• massive physics rework
  • minor bug fixes

Big thx to "chihaeru" for his 24h Nürburgring Livery. 🥰

Download:

And a huge thanks from me too DaWallace! 😀

Spa 2022 Update

This is my take on the excellent Spa 2022 mod by guigui0256. I cannot stress enough how I take no credit for this what so ever. Please do not give me any credit or thanks for this. I did basically nothing other than fix a couple of technical issues with the treeline lighting and altered a few textures. I realize this is not a cool thing to do to alter someone else's work without permission. I did reach out to the creator awhile back about these issues and he said he was happy with the track so I don't feel like I am doing anything wrong. If he sees this and asks, I will pull it.

The download is rather large because it is a full track folder. I run the track as it's own separate track, not as an addon in the original Kunos Spa folder. Reason being, his extension impacted how the original Spa looked and I didn't want to change that so I made it a separate track. Sorry for the big download.

Spa 2022 Update

Spa 2022 Update to work with original Spa Folder. Won't alter the original track.

Spa 2022 Update for original Spa Folder

View attachment 1205882

One note. If you want the sound effects back, open up the ext_config file and set the ext_config-audio section at the top to ACTIVE = 1. It does weird things on my system so I had to disable it.
Link for both versions has been updated with a bunch of little tweaks. No need to download if you are happy with the way the track looks. If you want to update, just download and extract the new version and overwrite anything it asks.

Changes:

-- Separated the powerline\telephone pole meshes on top of the hill after Les Combes so I could apply the cable fix to the wires.
-- Applied the road textures from the Pyyer extensions to the base track because I liked them better. I included a track skin that will make the light road areas the same as the dark ones for anyone who prefers a darker tarmac.
-- Some color tweaks to the pine textures so they were not so brilliantly green and look dull like pine trees should look. There is also a Pine Trees track skin that will make them even less green looking if you'd prefer that.
-- Added some grass track skins you can use if you are not happy with how the default grass looks. They don't make drastic changes in color, but you may still prefer one of the alternatives.
-- Finished making the Pyyer WEC layouts compatible with my version of the track (already did the F1 2024 extension). I did not do the remaining F1 layouts yet because I little birdie told me there was going to be an update for those soon. I'm going to wait a little while to see if it's true and if not, then I'll do the remaining F1 layouts.

To get the Pyyer extensions to work properly, install Pyyer's F1 2024 and WEC extensions into the track folder. Then download the update files below and extract and overwrite anything it asks. Here is where it gets confusing. Depending on which version of the mod you are using will determine which update to download.

Use this link to download the updated Pyyer extension files for the standalone Spa_2002 version: Spa_2002 Pyyer extension files

Use this link to download the updated Pyyer extension files for the spa folder version: Spa folder Pyyer extension files

Last edited:
Welcome Velo, I love your mods and have most on them installed, thanks for your great work!
I,ve got a non-working copy of 'vmw_opel_kadett' that I'd sure like to get on the track again. Does anyone have it that they could share?
thanks, jim

Link for both versions has been updated with a bunch of little tweaks. No need to download if you are happy with the way the track looks. If you want to update, just download and extract the new version and overwrite anything it asks.

Changes:

-- Separated the powerline\telephone pole meshes on top of the hill after Les Combes so I could apply the cable fix to the wires.
-- Applied the road textures from the Pyyer extensions to the base track because I liked them better. I included a track skin that will make the light road areas the same as the dark ones for anyone who prefers a darker tarmac.
-- Some color tweaks to the pine textures so they were not so brilliantly green and look dull like pine trees should look.
-- Added some grass track skins you can use if you are not happy with how the default grass looks. They don't make drastic changes in color, but you may still prefer one of the alternatives.
-- Finished making the Pyyer WEC layouts compatible with my version of the track (already did the F1 2024 extension). I did not do the remaining F1 layouts yet because I little birdie told me there was going to be an update for those soon. I'm going to wait a little while to see if it's true and if not, then I'll do the remaining F1 layouts.

To get the Pyyer extensions to work properly, install Pyyer's F1 2024 and WEC extensions into the track folder. Then download the update files below and extract and overwrite anything it asks. Here is where it gets confusing. Depending on which version of the mod you are using will determine which update to download.

Use this link to download the updated Pyyer extension files for the standalone Spa_2002 version: Spa_2002 Pyyer extension files

Use this link to download the updated Pyyer extension files for the spa folder version: Spa folder Pyyer extension files
This is the track I was talking about earlier that I'm having trouble with so maybe you can help me. Once you download the file, then extract it, there are choices. One of them is labeled "Track Installation". Is this where you install the actual track or do you have to open up that sub folder to get to something else to install the track? If you open up Track Installation there is assettocorsa, then content, then tracks, then spa. That's what's confusing me. Once installed you should see a track called spa 2022 right? I'm not on my gaming pc right now so I'm having to go by memory.

Details / Physics etc is top notch. (taking advantage of the massive rewrite of the AC hybrid via csp)

Just my opinion here VRC 2024 is much harder to drive on edge compared to VRC 2023.

When you turn in with VRC 2024 if tires don't have enough grip the car will just snap on you without warning and it can't be saved.

For example Spa after Kemmel Straight going into right and left hander in Les Combes.

Yes, spot on. Much less predictable at the edge, maybe deliberately so? 2023 was very predictable and easy to drive fast.

Atm i don't know, why some can't drive the Viper. 🤔

Wich CSP Version are you using?

Have you unchecked the "extended physics" option?

Have you manually installed the car or drag'n'drop install via CM?

Last edited:
The 2024 VRC definitely feels "stickier" to me than the RSS model even in bone stock form which is how I run them. The AI in the one race I ran at Silverstone was awful at the start. They kept piling up at turn 1 and eventually after 6 or 7 attempts trying to start from P14 I just bailed out and started dead last and waited for pileup and drove around it. So I don't know if it was the specific car behavior or the track that caused that.

I think that's way over my head to figure out how to do that. I have enough trouble as it is with trying to install mods. There's about a 50/50 shot that I'm going to screw it up somehow and it's not going to install right. I've got two track mods currently stuck like that and I don't know how to fix them.

I love how the instructions on some of these mods say, "installation is simple" when it's anything but that. On some of them I want to say, "Do you have a set of instructions in order to understand the original instructions". :)
If you ever need a hand mate, PM me and I can guide you through installing whatever. It's honestly no problem!

On my side...
... Wich CSP Version are you using?...
Public 0.1.79
... Have you unchecked the "extended physics" option?...
Not at my rig now and I don't remember if was active or not; I will test that afternoon...
... Have you manually installed the car or drag'n'drop install via CM?...
Manually.

And anyone else with sound problems, please, or I'm the one and only?

Last edited:
GT3 and no flashlights, Marcel? :confused:

Drag and drop works flawlesly btw. :)
Oh... forgot to check the flashlights🤦‍♂️

On my side...

Public 0.1.79

Not at my rig now and I don't remember if was active or not; I will test that afternoon...

Manually.

And anyone else with sound problems, please, or I'm the one and only?
There are no sound problems😆

I tried to test on the sound, to come closer to the real Sound of interior. So the Transmission is louder then the engine, inside the car.
But i think i will redo the sound settings back to the original sound Levels.

Atm i don't know, why some can't drive the Viper. 🤔

Wich CSP Version are you using?

Have you unchecked the "extended physics" option?

Have you manually installed the car or drag'n'drop install via CM?
I have had zero issue with the Dodge, 0.2.3 preview 211, drag’n’drop. It drives very well, everything works as intended, it is competitive with the rest of the group.
Only thing I least like is that the transmission whine is too loud for my taste.
Additionally, the transmission in that car is a :BorgWarner T56 or TREMEC[6] 6-speed manual, so I changed it to manual.

Last edited:

I've noticed exactly the same thing when driving it on Spa, I suspect that something which can be corrected/managed via the setup of the car but I have no idea where to start 😅

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about! The coolest driver in the championship, by a mile!
VRC is already a very fast car with a huge aero.
I think VRC is more like a real F1 in terms of grip, front, turning but also too easy to handle while you don't know the car, you never accomplised a lap.

RSS is harder to handle, more understeery, really slower but i feel the traction more "mechanical", you have to work to extract the speed.
And that's why i prefer RSS.

The biggest con of RSS is the hybrid system. it's so outdated, sometimes on a long circuit even in mode 3 your battery is empty after 3 laps, so you have to use mode 2 that is so underpowered.

I am not objective, i am a biggest fan of RSS, i love their FFB, physics, everything works so well in what i am looking for in a sim.
(except the BMW hybrid that lack so much of downforce, their worst car to be honest)
All the RSS cars are also very, very good, absolutely agree. So the competition is tough and most often decided by feelings and personal preferences, rather than objective points. I love this world of options and possibilities!

I agree to the feeling of the VRC being more planted to the surface, but I think that feeling mostly comes from the felt FFB, not necessarily a big difference in actual physics. I'm also not very good at setting up cars, so much of the difference may also be because of differences in the default setups, which I obviously always use as a base. I usually only make minor setup changes, otherwise I often end up with a very unbalanced car, which doesn't suit my simple driving style...

As a side note, I have also been driving the RSS Formula 2 V6 2020, recreating the 2023 season. (Of course driving as Dennis Hauger, despite his lack of prominent hair style and facial hair. I think he's saving up for a proper mullet though.) Very fun car to drive, fast enough for the F1 tracks, but still a lot more manageable than the F1 cars. The VRC Formula Beta 2008 is also very good, perhaps better, but the 2008 season is for me not very memorable, so I haven''t used that one so much.

The RSS F3 and F4 are also frequently used here, when having guests who generally have a very heavy right foot... Very nice and polite cars.

There is no RSS or URD 296 GT3 so i still use it.
Say wut? Another shop to visit :)

This is the track I was talking about earlier that I'm having trouble with so maybe you can help me. Once you download the file, then extract it, there are choices. One of them is labeled "Track Installation". Is this where you install the actual track or do you have to open up that sub folder to get to something else to install the track? If you open up Track Installation there is assettocorsa, then content, then tracks, then spa. That's what's confusing me. Once installed you should see a track called spa 2022 right? I'm not on my gaming pc right now so I'm having to go by memory.
I am assuming you are trying to install the original track created by guigui0256 that's available on Overtake because my versions do not have a 'Track Installation' folder. My mods are alternatives for that version to fix some treeline lighting issues (plus a few other tweaks) the original version has. You don't need the original track from Overtake to use mine. Just pick the version you prefer to use and manually extract it into the root assettocorsa folder and overwrite anything it asks.

shi
Boromo Superveloz v1.2

View attachment 1192686
Fictional circuit in Brazil.
Conversion from Grand Prix 4.

-CSP recommended
-32 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Original Track by Gildoorf Rozencrantz, Paulo Blanco (Prblanco), Ruben Greidanus (Turbo Lover)
-Thank you for gave me permission (Gildoorf)

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
.lua and font base by @gunnar333
logo.png and Sections file by @Fanapryde
marshall and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Fanapryde , @Breathe

Enjoy.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.1 changelog;

Added 3D terrain.
Added Sections file by Fananpryde. (Thanks)
Updated ext_config.ini.
Changed crowd textures by Kniker97. (Thanks)

v1.2 changelog;

Updated pit_lane.ai by TITI. (Thanks)
Re-created fast_lane.ai and sidelines.
Re-created groove/ skidmarks.
Updated ext_config.ini.
Updated tree wall normals.
Fixed tree mapping.

Boromo Superveloz v1.2
The link is in the quote.

v1.2 changelog;
Updated pit_lane.ai by TITI. (Thanks)
Re-created fast_lane.ai and sidelines.
Re-created groove/ skidmarks.
Updated ext_config.ini.
Updated tree wall normals.
Fixed tree mapping.
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_boromo_superveloz_8-6-124-17-52-26.jpg

Say wut? Another shop to visit :)
Rss have the 296 coming out soon too.
f29_wip.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 1376534

DW Mods Belcar Pack Update:​

BMW Z4 M Coupe GT3 v3.0​

Marcos Mantis GT3 v3.5​

Gillet Vertigo Streiff v3.5​

Ultima GTR v2.0​

Mosler MT900 GT3 v1.5​

Dodge Viper Competition Coupe v1.0​

Changelog:​

• massive physics rework
  • minor bug fixes

Big thx to "chihaeru" for his 24h Nürburgring Livery. 🥰

Download:

For me all cars are looking good and driving well.
Something I forgot to mention before: afaik the hood of the Mantis has a more pronounced louver/vented construction.
Picture IRL

mantis_vents.png

I am assuming you are trying to install the original track created by guigui0256 that's available on Overtake because my versions do not have a 'Track Installation' folder. My mods are alternatives for that version to fix some treeline lighting issues (plus a few other tweaks) the original version has. You don't need the original track from Overtake to use mine. Just pick the version you prefer to use and manually extract it into the root assettocorsa folder and overwrite anything it asks.
Ok I'll try that.

I just have the 296 GT3, it's mediocre. Not horrible, not okay. too much traction even with TC off...
Dashboard and realisation are good.

There is no RSS or URD 296 GT3 so i still use it.
Chem has an fantastic conversion for free and it's just as good as URD's version physics wise. Model wise Chem's is using either LMU or rF2? 3D model and it looks better than URD's. Still waiting for URD to re-work their 3D model.
Chemflummi's site

Chem has an fantastic conversion for free and it's just as good as URD's version physics wise. Model wise Chem's is using either LMU or rF2? 3D model and it looks better than URD's. Still waiting for URD to re-work their 3D model.
Chemflummi's site
I can only confirm that
good 3D model and good driving physics
and many real skins
the best model so far I have tested many different ones

Last edited:
I can only confirm that
good 3D model and good driving physics
and many real skins
the best model so far I have tested many different ones
Hmm, the flummi one misses the car´s shadows so I personally tend to use the version from FSR which is a convert from ACC I think.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back