Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,372 comments
Say wut? Another shop to visit :)
Unfortunately it's not very good. I have it and actually much prefer ChemFlummi's rendition of the 296 GT3.

Hmm, the flummi one misses the car´s shadows so I personally tend to use the version from FSR which is a convert from ACC I think.
I dont know what Version you have but Chemmflummy version 2.0 and even 1.8 has carshadows
look on my video at time 1.01
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-video-thread.290887/post-14293437

Screenshot 2024-07-30 165952.png

FSR one is crap!

next video time 0.34
when this is no carshadow what is carshadow?
look at your Content Manager Settings
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-video-thread.290887/post-14293438

Last edited:
For me all cars are looking good and driving well.
Something I forgot to mention before: afaik the hood of the Mantis has a more pronounced louver/vented construction.
Picture IRL

View attachment 1376762
True, but sorry, i don't add these "vents" to the hood. 🤷‍♀️ That means i need to redo the UV mapping for this detail and all skins need to be redone too.

Because the Mantis was driven in different versions:

8633094332_a35712a8ab_b.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I'll try that.
Try the standalone version first. That way if you have any issues, you can easily get rid of it be deleting the track folder. If you use the version that installs into the Kunos Spa folder, it's much harder to revert back unless you backup that folder first.

attention please

@FallGuy
and maybe others with the problem of no carshadows

i dont know why new versions of ContentManager dont have this setting anymore
i have found this setting 2 years ago accidentally
read and look at the picture
FakeShadowsFx.png

do a
fake_shadow_fx.ini
with this entry

[BAKING]
ENABLED=0

or take this file and delete the .txt at the end of file that you have a .ini file

Attachments

• fake_shadows_fx.ini.txt
    23 bytes · Views: 5
Try the standalone version first. That way if you have any issues, you can easily get rid of it be deleting the track folder. If you use the version that installs into the Kunos Spa folder, it's much harder to revert back unless you backup that folder first.
I will. I was trying to get the track loaded first before going to the extension and that's when I ran into trouble. But if it loads correctly it should show up as a separate track right? Spa_2022 or something like that?

View attachment 1376811

Here in all his "Hardware Store Style" full glory, endorsed by my own trustworthy neighborhood mechanic.
"I know someone who does it cheaper..."

Some of us prefer to stick with our old "tried and true" CSP version...
Ok... but atm i can't figure out, why it won't work (maybe) with the csp v1.79. The Viper is on the same level as the other cars. Nothing special added. So i'm sorry that the viper isn't working for some people at the moment.

Last edited:
I dont know what Version you have but Chemmflummy version 2.0 and even 1.8 has carshadows
look on my video at time 1.01
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-video-thread.290887/post-14293437

View attachment 1376787

FSR one is crap!

next video time 0.34
when this is no carshadow what is carshadow?
look at your Content Manager Settings
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-video-thread.290887/post-14293438
You´re right with that, thanks.

1722366805034.png

Ok... but atm i can't figure out, why it won't work (maybe) with the csp v1.79. The Viper is on the same level as the other cars. Nothing special added. So i'm sorry that the viper isn't working for some people at the moment.
I'm on CSP v1.80 preview 1, and it gets stuck validating the setup for me, too. Tried making various setup changes, but nothing seemed to work. Appreciate your looking into it, though! I'll still be enjoying your other great car mods. :)

Thank you for this fantastic little car. It's really fun to drive. But I noticed a little bug. The inside of the doors are reflecting the street. You can fix this by moving the door meshes to COCKPIT_HR in the ext_config.ini

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = porte G paint int, porte D paint int
MOVE_TO = COCKPIT_HR
This time that Jedi trick didn't work for me. The road is still reflected in the interior door panel... 😥

I'm on CSP v1.80 preview 1, and it gets stuck validating the setup for me, too. Tried making various setup changes, but nothing seemed to work. Appreciate your looking into it, though! I'll still be enjoying your other great car mods. :)
Yes 179p5 also stuck in setup sorry did not mention that before

I'm looking out the window, there are coniferous and deciduous trees, different, but everything is noticeably lighter than those in your screenshot. Don't you think that your trees are too dark?
No, I'm sure the trees look like they would IRL. I have driven the track plenty enough times to know.
another IRL shot to compare if you want:

spa.png

Anyway, the in game shot I posted was with sol_xtra PP filter at 90%. Using another PP filter and/or changing the value can easily make trees darker/lighter.
Personal preference / other system etc...

another IRL shot to compare if you want:
well in this picture it is clear why the trees are "black", the picture was taken against the sun. but I looked at a lot of photos on the internet, yes, in some photos the trees are really dark, but in some the trees are "normal" color, like I see them with my own eyes in life. apparently a lot depends on the weather, time of day, angle of the sun, and the style of the photographer himself)

I am assuming you are trying to install the original track created by guigui0256 that's available on Overtake because my versions do not have a 'Track Installation' folder. My mods are alternatives for that version to fix some treeline lighting issues (plus a few other tweaks) the original version has. You don't need the original track from Overtake to use mine. Just pick the version you prefer to use and manually extract it into the root assettocorsa folder and overwrite anything it asks.
Ok I think I'm close. I got this.

Screenshot 2024-07-30 203959.png

And then I put the pyyer extension folder here into the track folder.

Screenshot 2024-07-30 204032.png

But it isn't showing up. It's just the regular track without the F1 24 stuff.

Atm i don't know, why some can't drive the Viper. 🤔

Wich CSP Version are you using?

Have you unchecked the "extended physics" option?

Have you manually installed the car or drag'n'drop install via CM?
Manually installing is what made it work for me, when I'd just drag and drop onto cm it would just show an empty UI and the car wouldnt show up unless searched for.

A few quick things I've noticed that could use tweaking on the Gillet Vertigo Streiff

1) The sound doesnt rev high enough for the rpm, so when driving from the outside of the car, the audio will cut out around the top 5% of the rev range, from the inside it just sounds like its hitting a rev limiter too early instead of completely cutting out, which still sounds a bit odd

2) Nitpicky thing I've noticed for a while with this model, it looks like the smoothing groups on the mesh where the spoiler is connected to the car, and the outer flat section of the wing is grouped together in a single smoothing group. I usually would put the outer face as a different smoothing group, so the flat side doesnt look like it's bending light wrong. To illustrate what I'm talking about, the sides with green lines, I'd make those poly's a separate smoothing group from the sides with the red X.

Attachments

• Screen grab.png
    Screen grab.png
    291.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Update to latest csp 2.5p1. Then it runs fine.

View attachment 1376844

Unfortunately I can’t since the newest versions runs no more properly in combination with pure/Sol of not using Content manager

And i am an no CM user.

Before u ask why the hell. I us AC for custom championships only. And these are running much better for me with the vanilla launcher.

But it’s ok it’s my fault or my problem I can’t enjoy some few cars ….

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back