Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,438 comments
hi all, prob was answered before but can't find it : how to solve black flickering in VR when sunblinding turns on?

(I'm using PP filter "pure", Oculus rendering mode, CSP 0.2.5-preview1 , Weather Pure Gamma)

I played w most settings in Pure Config, regarding sunblinding , but can't get rid of the black flickering...
@Peter Boese must know that one :confused:

hi all, prob was answered before but can't find it : how to solve black flickering in VR when sunblinding turns on?

(I'm using PP filter "pure", Oculus rendering mode, CSP 0.2.5-preview1 , Weather Pure Gamma)

I played w most settings in Pure Config, regarding sunblinding , but can't get rid of the black flickering...
If you deactivate the sunblinding shader this black flickering is solved?

Updates to the 2003 and 2004 Lister Storm dropping soon

Lister Storm Updates.JPG

Last edited:
Hamburg Harbor v1.0

Screenshot_blz_mazda_323f_bg_hamburg_harbor_7-7-124-15-58-3.jpg

The Hamburg Harbor circuit is a fictional route on real terrain, the Burchardkai.
Conversion from RACE07.

-CSP Recommended
-42 pit/start
-2 layout (Long/ Short)
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Original RACE07 Track by Neteye
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png by @Fanapryde
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
Base of container textures from;
"containers estilo ps1/ps2" (https://skfb.ly/oEutU) by Wardster is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe , @Fanapryde

Download (MEGA)

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member Alex Laush.

Requests are currently not being accepted.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/important-notice-108110777

Guys if someone knows how to work with the "bakeryoptix" and can help me (S.M.me)
I'm trying to make vao-patch for the R32 jtcc but the result is too dark

without vao
Screenshot_nissan_r32_jtcc_imola_10-7-124-11-22-59.jpg

with vao
Screenshot_nissan_r32_jtcc_imola_10-7-124-11-29-55.jpg

Attachments

• baked_shadow_params.ini
    14.2 KB · Views: 1
That would probably explain why I don't see the problem. I'm still using CSP 0.1.80preview9 (anything newer than that introduces these weird micro stutters on my system). Could be a bug only introduced in CSP 0.2 and above. I'll have to temporarily install a newer version and see if I can reproduce what others are seeing.
Glad to see I ain't the only one affected by random micro stutters that only affects AC.

CSP is both a gift and a curse lmao

I got rid of the stuttering by deleting (renaming) the extension folder and set up CSP newly. Maybe you or racingjoe can try this too.
I'll keep that in mind ! Retrograded to 0.2.4 and no stuttering and gained back the 40 FPS previewnumberwhatver stole from me lol.

yes , that is a workaround , but I'd like to have the sunblinding effect (minus the black flicker ofcourse) :bowdown:
I can only say, everything is fixed in the upcoming Pure LCS.

I decided to have a different strategy for Pure LCS than in Pure Gamma.
Like for the sunblinding shader i found a much more efficient code to determine the appearance of the sun in the camera. So the shader does actually have nearly no influence on CPU and GPU. Also i decided that it doesn't produce extra graphics, it just controls postprocessing parameters in the Pure ppfilter scripts.
Also it is now compatible with the VR SPS mode, which give many fps back.

All of Pure's shaders (sunblinding, landscape, groundfog and lightning) are compatible with the VR SPS mode then!

My strategy for Pure LCS is: "use the simplest and the most effective way to produce a nice look".

So it already has less CPU and GPU consumption than Pure Gamma and even less than default wfx.
All the troubles with the shaders in Pure Gamma are fixed in Pure LCS. I will release it early September.

Here you see a comparison of the 3 weather styles and their fps:

Also you see the CPU and GPU usage is smoother in Pure LCS due to a better computing sequence of the different parts.

Last edited:
After many bugfixes and many settings related changes, maybe its a try to reset your CSP settings to defaults.
Could be there is just one little settings which causes this bug, but the setting was wrong in the first place but it didn't cause the bug.
Just do this:
Goto /Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/ rename the "extension" folder to something different. Restart CM. It will create a new "extension" folder. You can restore it later.
hi Peter,

I tried this rename extension folder trick , and the black flickering is gone now!

any improvements always greatly appreciated, but as it is it's already one of the best looking and best optimized racing sims in VR
(hopefully in September it will even surpass AMS2)

So thanks for all your wonderfull efforts in making AC so great for all of us!

EDIT: an additional question, now the sun-blinding thing is OK, but I have the following:
with wind, the grass sways only in 1 eye (left) and in the other eye the grass stays completely still (giving a weird effect in VR as you can imagine).
Any idea?

Last edited:

Like for the sunblinding shader i found a much more efficient code to determine the appearance of the sun in the camera. So the shader does actually have nearly no influence on CPU and GPU. Also i decided that it doesn't produce extra graphics, it just controls postprocessing parameters in the Pure ppfilter scripts.

All of Pure's shaders (sunblinding, landscape, groundfog and lightning) are compatible with the VR SPS mode then!

My strategy for Pure LCS is: "use the simplest and the most effective way to produce a nice look".

So it already has less CPU and GPU consumption than Pure Gamma and even less than default wfx.
All the troubles with the shaders in Pure Gamma are fixed in Pure LCS. I will release it early September.

Also you see the CPU and GPU usage is smoother in Pure LCS due to a better computing sequence of the different parts.

Hi Peter. What do you mean by VR SPS mode. Thanks.

By "early september" you mean september 1st right?? :lol:🥸

Hi,

One thing that I noticed is that Pure config and planner buttons on the right app bar are only available with pure Gamma. When I Switch to Pure LCS those buttons disappear.

Thanks. Do you know what it does. Should I have it active as I play in VR. Cheers.

Its about how things are rendered in VR. SPS is less taxing on CPU and GPU.
Multi Pass rendering will render the scene to two different images, which are displayed separately for each eye. Single Pass Stereo rendering combines both images into a single double-width render texture, where only the relevant half is displayed to each eye.

Hi,
Lately the AI have behaved VERY horribly in races. Every other race random cars on the grid stay still, some start doing burnout and even durind the race the AI have been doing some erratic things. Is that happening with anyone else?What is it?Is there a way to fix?Tks

Its about how things are rendered in VR. SPS is less taxing on CPU and GPU.
Multi Pass rendering will render the scene to two different images, which are displayed separately for each eye. Single Pass Stereo rendering combines both images into a single double-width render texture, where only the relevant half is displayed to each eye.
Would you recommend using it. Cheers.

hi Peter,

I tried this rename extension folder trick , and the black flickering is gone now!

any improvements always greatly appreciated, but as it is it's already one of the best looking and best optimized racing sims in VR
(hopefully in September it will even surpass AMS2)

So thanks for all your wonderfull efforts in making AC so great for all of us!

EDIT: an additional question, now the sun-blinding thing is OK, but I have the following:
with wind, the grass sways only in 1 eye (left) and in the other eye the grass stays completely still (giving a weird effect in VR as you can imagine).
Any idea?
Seems your black flicker problem was caused by wrong settings in graphics adjustments - far planes. If there are wrong settings like the wrong settings distributed by the Shutoko team, objects in the distance are rendered wrong, so the sun.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back