Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,670 comments
The PM3DM skins will work just fine with a little "modding" :)
The mapping is exactly the same, FSR just uses a square map (with blank strips top and bottom), where PM3DM uses a "landscape" slice of that.
I tried one PM3DM skin by extending the canvas from landscape to square, with the original centered vertically, saved with the FSR filename, and boom!
Tried one to check, worked well, but I can't get the driver names on the back side windows to work, yellow wheels are now silver and there are Auto Trader stickers over the headlights. So far my "skills" :P

skins.png

Tried one to check, worked well, but I can't get the driver names on the back side windows to work, yellow wheels are now silver and there are Auto Trader stickers over the headlights. So far my "skills" :P

View attachment 1386740
You need to rename nplate.dds to EXT_TEAM.dds, then the driver names work.

For rear window it might not work as well for some skins, because it uses only the upper half of the texture.

Last edited:
Are we allowed to share edited data files of Kunos cars? Not the car itself obviously but just the edited data; I edited the F1 GTR '95 to mirror the F1 LM's performance from PGR4 and it's almost a 1/1 match.

The PM3DM skins will work just fine with a little "modding" :)
The mapping is exactly the same, FSR just uses a square map (with blank strips top and bottom), where PM3DM uses a "landscape" slice of that.
I tried one PM3DM skin by extending the canvas from landscape to square, with the original centered vertically, saved with the FSR filename, and boom!
I just counted and I have 60 skins already for the PM3DM so I think I'll just stick with that one if they didn't do anything additional besides inside textures

I do have one that has a more finished interior, not quite as nice as FSR, but I actually hate that blue seat that they went with. Still nicer than looking at grey mesh. Link is floating somewhere around this thread, can't quite find it at the moment

Attachments

• BMW Interior.png
    BMW Interior.png
    126.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I haven't really spent much time with the sounds, and I'm not really any good in that department either. For some of the cars the easy way would be to just swap them with Kunos sound from equal cars?

I have made new tyre physics for all the cars, so they will drive a bit differently. Better, imo. 😉

Now I'm creating more neutral default setups, because the current ones are all over the place. Many default values are even out of the setup menu range... This will take time. But I think it will be worth it. I have pretty much finished a good, neutral setup for the 190 evo2 now, and it behaves much better and more predictable.

I even had time for a quick race at Norisring! 😊
@fleskebacon ; hope you doing well. Say, are the attached (see link) improvements on the T78 DTM package something you were involved in? Seems completely overhauled T78 DTM package with same corrections/adjustments what you were talking about? I could be wrong though.

Last edited:
He is planning on doing the 2009 season. I've been talking to him on discord. I have been doing photos for him on his other mods. I don't know how far away he is from releasing it. But it's certainly in his plans.
Well that settles it then, I'll scrap my stuff, didn't know people were working on it lol

edit : or maybe nah, he's using the RFT season - hard pass :(

Last edited:
WIP Liveries-update for Opel Calibra DTM

...a few more taking shape for the collection.

Place your orders by clicking those 'like' and other nice-choice-buttons 👍 (not the turd one though :lol:). Time for some Zzzz...

At least two more to go.
looking great, but maybe you could add the old DTM numberplate to all your skins?

TBF, the last 2009 SDD mod was alright, I mean, I had to make few alterations here and there for cars with KERS and cars without and how it impacted car weight and performance etc. But overall a very high quality looking mod.

I know there is some confusion over SDD and RTT but I tried out RTT's 1999 Ferrari, once you sort the aero out and correct some tyre thermal issues it's a GREAT mod to really hussle around a circuit. Looking forward to the rest being released.

TBF, the last 2009 SDD mod was alright, I mean, I had to make few alterations here and there for cars with KERS and cars without and how it impacted car weight and performance etc. But overall a very high quality looking mod.

I know there is some confusion over SDD and RTT but I tried out RTT's 1999 Ferrari, once you sort the aero out and correct some tyre thermal issues it's a GREAT mod to really hussle around a circuit. Looking forward to the rest being released.
It was alright because they used the best 2009 mod available ! I always loved the F1 mods from FSOne when playing rfactor - great physics, great models that still hold up well, plenty of variants...

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back