Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,732 comments
the horizon like cut-off
Same here, plus the track looks really bare.
This is very strange
Is it?
I refuse to use CSP
Not so strange then.

Thank you very much for all your contributions to our common enjoyment trough the years.

Not using CSP should not be an issue, as in my thousands of cars and hundreds of tracks a lot predate CSP and work just fine, they might look a little dated, but no glaring issues, like in this one.

At the end of the day, it is your work, then your choice, but is just fair that for you to know that people using CDP, which are probably an overwhelming majority, cannot enjoy what you seem happy to share in this particular case.

1725967600020.png

Updated. Used more authentic version.

some observations about carTOON tracks, when using CSP. I use CSP and I have never had problems with carTOON tracks, maybe this is due to the fact that I use CSP, but do not use custom weather, like SOL\PURE. maybe the problems with its tracks are caused by custom weather and not by CSP itself?

Same here, plus the track looks really bare.

Is it?

Not so strange then.

Thank you very much for all your contributions to our common enjoyment trough the years.

Not using CSP should not be an issue, as in my thousands of cars and hundreds of tracks a lot predate CSP and work just fine, they might look a little dated, but no glaring issues, like in this one.

At the end of the day, it is your work, then your choice, but is just fair that for you to know that people using CDP, which are probably an overwhelming majority, cannot enjoy what you seem happy to share in this particular case.
Okay... I understand, mate.
In the future, I will upload my new tracks only to the Racedepartment, but I will not make a recommendation or presentation here - I understand and accept that this community requires very high-quality cars and racetracks with all functions, and I am not a professional, just an amateur modder . It's not smart to show what I've made just for criticism. It can be downloaded on RD and the few hundred people who download it know what they are getting, and those who are also present here do not download it because they know there is no CSP stuff. I really don't want to cause annoyance or an unpleasant day for anyone. Best regards, guys! :)

shi
I have recently started using Paint Shop, which was added to the CSP.
Install it from the App Shelf in the in-game menu.
To increase the resolution of the skin to 4K, open Paintshop.lua in assettocorsa\apps\lua\Paintshop and change 2048 to 4096 on lines 16 and 33.
(I don't know if this is the right way, but it works for me)

Tutorial Video

Skins I have created (probably to be released next week)
View attachment 1387406View attachment 1387407

There are other add-ons that make it easier to do 3D painting in Blender.
LiveryHelper

Released Honda NSX Skins
Honda NSX 1993 Spa 24h #30 & Honda NSX Suzuka Circuit Pace Car 1992
Screenshot_j8_honda_nsx_na1_type_r_wm_wmmt_garage_10-8-124-18-49-36.jpg

In the future, I will upload my new tracks only to the Racedepartment, but I will not make a recommendation or presentation here - I understand and accept that this community requires very high-quality cars and racetracks with all functions, and I am not a professional, just an amateur modder . It's not smart to show what I've made just for criticism. It can be downloaded on RD and the few hundred people who download it know what they are getting, and those who are also present here do not download it because they know there is no CSP stuff. I really don't want to cause annoyance or an unpleasant day for anyone. Best regards, guys! :)
You keep making tracks the way you want and i'll keep downloading them where ever you put them. If they have some CSP issues, then i'll fix them like i've done with your past tracks. They typically don't need much work anyways. Just a few tweaks here and there.

I have a dozen or so of your tracks installed. Apart from one where the ocean wasn't visible (got fixed however), I haven't had any issues.
Why is it then that this Albion is causing this issue and all others not ? It doesn't depend on CSP version because I tried different (older) ones too.

The issue with the hillring_? in Albion (and no, fixing it is beyond my pay-grade, this just in service of "first know what's happening") is not that it's being cut off. If you use the F7 camera and get up a bit, you can see that it's just a bit see-through, and so against the light blue sky it seems to vanish. The shader is ksPerPixelAT.

CSP latest preview, Default weather controller (no Pure), LCS.

Another data point: If I change the shader with a replacement in ext_config.ini, the shader IS changed, but it doesn't fix the visual.

Last edited:
I have a dozen or so of your tracks installed. Apart from one where the ocean wasn't visible (got fixed however), I haven't had any issues.
Why is it then that this Albion is causing this issue and all others not ? It doesn't depend on CSP version because I tried different (older) ones too.
It's hard to give advice blindly bro... one thing maybe: if you have 3DSimED, add hillrig.kn5 to Albion_Valley.kn5, then delete hillring from models.ini. Maybe it works, it's just a hint...I'm curious.

Mate, I refuse to use CSP is because newer and newer versions are coming out and tracks made for older versions need constant correction. If a CSP finished version comes out, I'll use it... maybe. I added rain reflection and night lights in GTR2... these will definitely not need to be improved or corrected in the future, because there is no such thing as GTR2+CSP.

Once done, the basic config, is always the same forever. New additions in CSP are not mandatory, and tracks with older configs still works fine. We keep them updated because we want, not because required.

Asking which CSP they use (when some problem are reported) is because most of the time, tracks are installed in a not proper manner and they have issue, but since i started making config (i made almost 500+ configs for free) no one ever reported any specific issue caused by the config, all of them are caused by error during the installation of the track of in some cased by some bugs of CSP that can be fixed by changing the version without touching tracks of cars. Simple as that.

Avoid CSP (without testing it) is like keep eat raw meat because being scared by the fire... which is a no sense in 2024. Anyway as said before, is up to you, you are free to do whatever you want :)

It's hard to give advice blindly bro... one thing maybe: if you have 3DSimED, add hillrig.kn5 to Albion_Valley.kn5, then delete hillring from models.ini. Maybe it works, it's just a hint...I'm curious.
OK, thanks for responding. I don't have 3DSimED, don't know how to use it either.
But I bet someone will chime in sooner or later and fix the damn issue. I already deleted the hillrig.kn5 to check what happens, but then it looks worse...

OK, thanks for responding. I don't have 3DSimED, don't know how to use it either.
But I bet someone will chime in sooner or later and fix the damn issue. I already deleted the hillrig.kn5 to check what happens, but then it looks worse...
I will take a look at the track in the weekend if anyone take a look before.

Hey Tetri, I recently tried some of your provided NeckFx settings, these are really great and awesome. Thanks for providing them here (this is your WIP one, "ultimate"). Maybe add some more vibration which comes from the road, then it would be perfect. But this could also be that Baku is flat like a pan. But, driving through the streets of Baku like this and you feel like a jet pilot. The immersion is intense! Great job!

Thanks for the feedback! I'll try to get this car and get the engine vibrations out of the neckfx 😜

Yep that'll do it, it took me some time to get my head around a few things but once you get it its a lot of fun, and i never personally found skinning in 2D 'fun'. I do a lot of modding of model sources that don't have great Maps, so its been a god send.
Look at this map for example...

View attachment 1387954

View attachment 1387955
Is this car something you're working on? It looks different from the (terrible) versions I'm familiar with.

There's a terrible shortage of 916 GTVs in AC! I know Safi Hellie was doing one, but they are long gone, sadly.

Do not take this personal, as most are only trying to convince you on CM/CSP use. Believe me, I think also the whole settings are becoming an unnecessary complex mess with all kind of features nobody wants and/or are only bringing problems. The “keep it simple stupid” (KISS method) is something Ilya or X4fab should studying.
Believe me you have the respect of all here, so please do not leave this forum.

2005 Ferrari 550 GT1 - Wieth Racing #23

Hi! Hope you had a good summer. Looks like the Wieth Racing skin that was currently at RD has disappeared, so here I am again (looks like I will never stop making 2005 FIA GT skins haha). There is also a ficitonal version based on its livery in the FFSA GT Championship, which has a bit more decals which fits great.

__custom_showroom_1725801094.jpg

Hope you like it, soon I'll be here again releasing something a bit bigger :)

Is it possible to change the surface materials of a unencrypted car model, in a separate software or such?
Like to change the metal body of a car model that has weird reflective properties, to make them better.

Hi Team,

I'm looking for your help. Virtually I can penetrate any part of the track if the impact speed is big enough, virtually with any part of the car and also with other cars with pointy collision model.

Mods:
Original Kunos Monza + Pyyer 6.2 Monza 2024 extension

VRC Formula Alpha 2024 non csp v1.1 car
CSP 0.2.5-preview1

Observations:
RSS Formula Hybrid 2020 acts the same
collider normals seem to be good direction
track physics barriers 1WALL stuff normals seems to be ok
Pyyer extension covers 1WALL guardrail with non collider sponsor graphics placed relatively close to collision wall, however pure guardrail and sponsor logo covered guardrail acts the same
could reproduce offline and online both

original Kunos track without Pyyer 2024 extension behaves normally

I'm not convinced this is only a track issue. Or a car collider only issue.
Maybe a collider + track + csp track extension in use issue ?

I could replicate this issue on other tracks also. I'm stuck where to look for the fix.

VIDEOS:
crash1.mp4

crash2.mp4

Attachments

• Screenshot_vrc_formula_alpha_2024_monza_10-8-124-18-51-57.jpg
    Screenshot_vrc_formula_alpha_2024_monza_10-8-124-18-51-57.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_vrc_formula_alpha_2024_monza_10-8-124-18-52-33.jpg
    Screenshot_vrc_formula_alpha_2024_monza_10-8-124-18-52-33.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_vrc_formula_alpha_2024_monza_10-8-124-18-53-3.jpg
    Screenshot_vrc_formula_alpha_2024_monza_10-8-124-18-53-3.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_vrc_formula_alpha_2024_monza_10-8-124-18-53-20.jpg
    Screenshot_vrc_formula_alpha_2024_monza_10-8-124-18-53-20.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back