Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,814 comments
Imola 1972 won't leave you disappointed so its fine.

I see in the comments section that he had put it on hold about a year ago
I've been following alfie for a while now, wondering if he's still working on anything?

Now that i think about it, i could go for Fontenay. Can't go wrong with Fontenay.

hi everyone! A wile ago PedroBLR released a new Camaro -67 which is a much better model than the old one from AC Legends. Me and my brother have been working on this new model to try to recreate our dad's car he owns in real life. Wondering if anyone would like to help us make a new skin for the car?View attachment 1389859View attachment 1389860View attachment 1389861
i can skin this but it wont be until next week i have a few in the pipes right now i want to finish before i start something else. Got anymore photo's?

Hi everyone!

Question for the gurus, if i may!
Is there an easy way, for the loading screen before a session, to show a picture of the car you're driving (example: car's preview), instead of the track you are about to race on?

Thanks!

Hi everyone!

Is there an easy way, for the loading screen before a session, to show a picture of the car you're driving (example: car's preview), instead of the track you are about to race on?

Thanks!
You could make a screenshot (F8). That'll show in the loading screen the next time(s) you open that track. Take another car though, it will still show the previous one, so there's little point in doing this I'm afraid.
it's possible to make a background (bgr) and put that in the track ui.
I don't know another way...

Hi everyone!

Thanks!
In csp settings, New Loading Screen, you should be able to select the option "use car images from AC screenshots".

Just make a bunch of nice screenshots in the showroom in case you don't have any yet, or preferably some screenshots from ingame.

If it doesn't found related images it should go for your other screens related to the driving session, either other cars on the track or just tracks.

Plenty of options there, have a look🙂.

Last edited:
WIP
preview.jpg

I was going to do the "BMW Original Teile"-skin, but I gave up on finding a good source for the intricate "x-ray"-pattern which covers the entire car. Would be pleased if someone else could do that one, as it's out of my skillset to recreate something like that from scratch..

hi everyone! A wile ago PedroBLR released a new Camaro -67 which is a much better model than the old one from AC Legends. Me and my brother have been working on this new model to try to recreate our dad's car he owns in real life. Wondering if anyone would like to help us make a new skin for the car?View attachment 1389859View attachment 1389860View attachment 1389861
You may create your skin with the ingame paint booth, quick and easy to use. Just open the app shelf and download it, the rest is self-explanatory.

Hi,

For those who want new skins for Tommy78 BMW 635 DTM, here are some with several modifications (side exhaust, new wheels works with CSP) :
I modified suspension to have better visual (and moved a bit front brake calipers for new wheels), you have to unpack data to install it.
Maybe it's not 100% accurate because I had to create some logos from scratch, but it's better than nothing :)

preview.jpg

HARTGE

preview.jpg

JAGERMEISTER

preview.jpg

TEXACO

+ stock "MULLERBRAU" skin with BMW logo : MULLERBRAU

Hi,

For those who want new skins for Tommy78 BMW 635 DTM, here are some with several modifications (side exhaust, new wheels works with CSP) :
I modified suspension to have better visual (and moved a bit front brake calipers for new wheels), you have to unpack data to install it.
Maybe it's not 100% accurate because I had to create some logos from scratch, but it's better than nothing :)

View attachment 1389941

HARTGE

View attachment 1389942

JAGERMEISTER

View attachment 1389943

TEXACO

splendid!!!

Okay, 1986 improvements. As you might know this was the craziest year of the Turbo era and BMW took insane amounts of power from their Brabham BT55, by using rocket fuel!!!

The same M12/M13 engines were used in Benetton that year. Gerhard Berger reported wheel spin at 300 km/h. Those machines were completely insane and the drivers total badasses.

However these cars based on Lotus98T didn't have enough power and they barely reached 310 km/h on Monza and Jacarepagua, so I have added more power by increasing the boost.

I have driven various seasons with RSS 1986 cars and also with these Kunos Lotus 98T based cars (with all skins) and I've come to the conclusion that these Kunos cars are superior. RSS cars are way too oversteery and uncontrollable... well at least for me.

Also, the ground effect from the titanium plate were probably the most apparent in 1986 so the sparks are ESSENTIAL part of the genuine experience. I added them to this mod. You can see them in this Adelaide video but I didn't want to overdo it as there's plenty of sparks at Paul Ricard and Brands Hatch (please send me any vintage skins of the Brands if you have the 79 ones) so I can update it. Now it uses 90's skins which are ok but I'd think the 1979 versions could be more accurate.

I didn't like the cockpit adjustable turbo at all. Sure it's accurate but it worked almost like a DRS button and it made overtaking and winning the races with it way too easy.

Also results wise it was already very accurate. Top drivers are Prost, Piquet, Mansell, Senna, Rosberg (who had 9 technical DNF's this year).

Also Detroit has been improved with Vinicius Prey's great graphics addons.

new road
buildings (GM tower...),
guard rails,
tyre stacks,
walls...

It's a masterpiece of street circuit by Rainmaker and Carrera4. Pretty much flawless and in my opinion it's the best made street track on AC (at least from the vintages that I drive).

Check the video to the end. There's Senna driving his Lotus in the new improved eyecandy Detroit circuit.

That download has been added too.

I made a new video. Amazing feeling in the legendary race, the season finale Adelaide which Keke Rosberg led until a puncture. And plenty of action, piloting Nigel Mansell who's tire explosion in Adelaide was memorable.

I was barely born when this race took place but it's one of the best F1 races I've ever seen (along with Dallas 1984). This era was just SO much better and the mystique of the drivers was at different level. I've tried to achieve as much of that as I can with my crappy adjusting skills.

Thanks to Alystar for amazing 1986 skins!!!

All downloads in the video description. MAKE A COPY OF YOUR VANILLA LOTUS98T as this overwrites a lot of stuff in the data.acd. Enjoy!!!

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion: noob remark I got pure and i think I prefer racing with the default setting. There is to much option with the pure config that I don’t know if it is that important to have the best looking game. If at the end, I just want to race. Pure seem awesome for picture or replay but I don’t see how cool it is just for driving?
That a very good point, but also hope that @Peter Boese will include some pre-settings, like best performance for VR users, for low spec hardware and “state of the art” systems etc. Etc.

Last edited:
Hi,

View attachment 1389941

HARTGE

View attachment 1389942

JAGERMEISTER

View attachment 1389943

TEXACO

Nice! Good thing that I also made the Jägermeister.. :lol:

Hi,

View attachment 1389941

HARTGE

View attachment 1389942

JAGERMEISTER

View attachment 1389943

TEXACO

Thanks, but the tyres are screwed with your skins.
1726595959184.png

@Breathe, as a quick note, I'm missing about ~70% of the icons for addendums/extensions in the most recent version of the Track List. All sources (Mega, Mediafire, GTP, Overtake, etc.) are affected.

Latest Firefox, tweaking settings and AdBlock did nothing. Switching to a Chromium browser does nothing either.

EDIT: Also, it might be wise to link Mike08's Patreon page for the Autopolis update, rather than the Overtake link which leads to a now deprecated version.

Last edited:
Strange, width and radius of the new rims are in the ext_config of each skin so I can't explain what is your issue if you have used all my files ...
I installed some update / improvement which were shared some days ago, maybe that´s the reason for. Maybe someone else can check it too, otherwise I just delete the ext_config from your skin folder.

Edit: decreased the value of the diameter from 0.243 to 0.200 and now it´s fine.

1726597342147.png

Last edited:
I installed some update / improvement which were shared some days ago, maybe that´s the reason for. Maybe someone else can check it too, otherwise I just delete the ext_config from your skin folder.

Edit: decreased the value of the diameter from 0.243 to 0.200 and now it´s fine.

View attachment 1389967

I'm very surprised because you have below the result ingame for me with my settings
I'm curious to see if everyone has the same problem as you.

Sans titre-1.jpg

Last edited:
at first glance, everything is absolutely normal for this type of car
STEER_LOCK=450
STEER_RATIO=16.0
except that the value
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=
was not quite accurate, but not critical.
but there are problems with the car's performance, the mod specification states a maximum speed of 260 km/h, in the mod description 245 km/h, in practice, on 2000 meters of drag racing I was able to reach only 215 km/h.
I just did a lap of the Targa Florio and hit 238km/hr down the straight (give or take 1kph because it's hard to read the speedo when it is so far offset from the driver) with wind set to zero. I was running the highest gear ratio and I reckon if I ran a slightly lower one I would top 240, maybe hit that 245. 260kph might be highest gear ratio at max rpm, so you could hit that downhill or with a tailwind.

Note: I had terrible ffb in the mod with a crazy high self-centering force but editing the STEER_ASSIST from 0.5 to 1 sorted that all out for me in case anyone else has tried it and had the same problem.

This is such a good-looking fun car and I've been really enjoying just driving with two-way 60s traffic cars around the Targa Florio as well, though the car will lap inside 40mins hotlapping in perfect conditions.

Note: I had terrible ffb in the mod with a crazy high self-centering force but editing the STEER_ASSIST from 0.5 to 1 sorted that all out for me in case anyone else has tried it and had the same problem.
Ah! I had this exact same issue. I solved it by bringing the ffb gamma to 2.4, a band aid since it keeps the setting for other cars, glad that i wasn't the only one noticing it.
That completely ruined the experience at first try, to my utter sadness considering the quality of everything else.

Thanks for the tip, now where do you guys find this config file to edit 😆?

View attachment 1389967
Yes, that's probably my fault, if you applied my update. It uses a different rim diameter than the original, that's why the rim replacement doesn't work right. I'm not too familiar with the procedure used in @Alis_70 skins, but the update brings 16" rims, which would have 0.203 m radius, so using that value in the skin ext_config seems to solve it.

Evening all, ive gone back and started racing some retro Le Mans content and i seem to remember there was a fix for this floating around but cant seem to find it - I need a fix for a wallowy, moving around windscreen wiper for the URD Mercedes CLK, on the straights its driving me nuts!

Unpopular opinion: noob remark I got pure and i think I prefer racing with the default setting. There is to much option with the pure config that I don’t know if it is that important to have the best looking game. If at the end, I just want to race. Pure seem awesome for picture or replay but I don’t see how cool it is just for driving?
The question is, why do you need to set something with pure? Just use the default settings and the pure PPfilter. You just don't set something with default weather style because there are no settings in game. It is mostly a tech demo.

So just ignore the fact that there is a pure config app and try the default settings and you are good to go.

Ah and btw, if it's just for racing: because of the skydome it is more efficient and therefore you get more fps and frame flow is more equal.

Last edited:
I have textures clipping with some cars and (I don't really understand why) more with some tracks than others
and the entire car seems to shake a little bit.
For example, with sx_lemans track, it's horrible, and many of other tracks this issue is less important.

Does someone could solve this issue ? if I haven't this issue in several tracks, I think it's not an issue from the car itself ...

Below with the new URD DALLAS at Le Mans :
Sans titre-1.jpg

The question is, why do you need to set something with pure? Just use the default settings and the pure PPfilter. You just don't set something with default weather style because there are no settings in game. It is mostly a tech demo.

So just ignore the fact that there is a pure config app and try the default settings and you are good to go.
I keep going back to the regular pure filter/candy because it just looks great and just works. Other filters sometimes look too dark etc.

I have textures clipping with some cars and (I don't really understand why) more with some tracks than others
and the entire car seems to shake a little bit.
For example, with sx_lemans track, it's horrible, and many of other tracks this issue is less important.

Does someone could solve this issue ? if I haven't this issue in several tracks, I think it's not an issue from the car itself ...

Below with the new URD DALLAS at Le Mans :
View attachment 1389982
It's z-fighting, and the reason it's more prominent with some tracks than others has to do with the precision of the depth buffer. On large tracks, the depth buffer will often be less precise because it has to be larger than on smaller tracks. For objects that are really close, a small change in the depth buffer precision like this can trigger z-fighting on some tracks, while others are just fine. Not really a track problem, and not really a car problem - just a synergy of bad luck. (Someone smarter than me explained it to me some time back.)

There are settings in CM that can aid in this, but I can't come up with any specific advise right now.

For reference, I have no similar problems with the same car on the same track, and I'm just running default settings for everything that should matter. And the Dallas/Cadillac is a really nice car. :)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back