Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,333 comments
Hey Masscot, I have the same issue with Kunos BMW E30 M3 (including the drift and S1 version), do you have any tips how I can fix it?
Bit trickier this one because the fritting is part of the entire windscreen DDS rather than a separate wrapped texture, but Kunos did indeed use a perfectly square checkerboard pattern.
I've 'rounded off' each of the five billion (est.) fritting dots as much as possible without increasing the resolution of the DDS. Remove the .txt suffix and try plopping the attached DDS into a skin folder (I used the basic BMW M3 E30 as the base but I imagine the other Kunos E30 M3s that use fritting also use this same texture?). If you're confident it works you can put it in all skin folders or do a one-hit texture replacement to the kn5 in CM Showroom.

Original square Kunos fritting:
1727694006996.png

New texture:
1727694266753.png

Attachments

• VETRO_INTERO_border-test2.dds.txt
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • 1727694064370.png
    1727694064370.png
    346.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hello.

After two weeks without playing AC (except installing a few new mods), this weekend, when I've got the mood to test some new cars and tracks, this happened every time a race started to load.

View attachment 1393311

No matter what car or track (tried with Kunos car/track combo as well), always the same Race cancelled window.

This is what I have set.
View attachment 1393312

And tried all these CSP without success.
View attachment 1393313

Any idea of what is wrong, and how can I fix this?
Spent all weekend searching for online tips, but with no success.

Thanks for any help.
Can I suggest you try disabling all apps (most likely python but also possibly Lua) and then, if that cures it, add back one at a time?

Hello.

After two weeks without playing AC (except installing a few new mods), this weekend, when I've got the mood to test some new cars and tracks, this happened every time a race started to load.

View attachment 1393311

No matter what car or track (tried with Kunos car/track combo as well), always the same Race cancelled window.

This is what I have set.
View attachment 1393312

View attachment 1393313

Thanks for any help.
Is there no other error messages other than Race Cancelled? Have you restarted Steam / your PC?

1:30 traffic?

In the interests of clarity, can we please keep AC Evo chat in the AC Evo thread?
It's a different game to Assetto Corsa and doesn't really belong in here any more than Assetto Corsa Competizione does.

I'm trying it, it seems to work for me too. Does it have good AI?
It struggles quite a lot on the chicanes, but i'm still setting up the 1965 1000km Monza race with multiple class, so i haven't paid much attention to it yet.
I have to try the other version that you brought up to compare, i guess you could pick the best AI version and set it up on this track.

Also, not going into details, but editing specific AI cars with Cartuner could make it more interresting than the vanilla experience.

Last edited:
They both work for me - I only kept the one with the best AI and can't remember which it is though
Is it perhaps this?

For me, the modelling is the one thing you can’t change(easily, if at all) once it's released. Assuming it isn’t encrypted, you can change the physics and sounds of a mod if they aren’t to your liking.
If the 3D modelling is poor, then there’s not much you can with that.

Particularly with formula cars, they have to pass the immediate ‘eye’ test(for me) first.

Take the F1 2003-2006 mods from TRP.
They immediately look ‘off’ whilst they have their front tyres set with the wrong camber.
I can’t see past that, no matter how good or not they may sound or drive.
good thing that you can change camber manually

... No matter what car or track (tried with Kunos car/track combo as well), always the same Race cancelled window... Any idea of what is wrong, and how can I fix this?...
Is there no other error messages other than Race Cancelled? Have you restarted Steam / your PC?
I was going to suggest the same thing; few days ago it seems that there was a problem with a Steam update... You can take a look here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-14330615

Can I suggest you try disabling all apps (most likely python but also possibly Lua) and then, if that cures it, add back one at a time?
Good idea. Will try it.
Thank you.
No other messages. Yes, I did restart both.
Thank you.
I was going to suggest the same thing; few days ago it seems that there was a problem with a Steam update... You can take a look here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-14330615
Thanks for the tip, If the previous tips don't work, I surely will try the Steam reinstall.
Thank you.

I tried the WTCC 2007 updated a few days ago, the Fiat Tipo and the Alfa 33 Imola and I'm happy with it... There are some mods that are definitely not updated that the modder is slowly updating. Try asking him directly about what you tried with the things you consider inadequate, he will surely answer you
The Alfa 33 from there....

custom_showroom_1721231929.jpg

The one I have...

Screenshot_alfa_romeo_33_cup2_mugello_10-3-124-23-41-54.jpg
__custom_showroom_1712688378.jpg

... If the previous tips don't work, I surely will try the Steam reinstall.
Thank you.
You're welcome!

By the way, now that I remember, if you finally do the reinstall, take a look at the messages after the one I linked to you before, since maximeerkat had difficulty when reinstalling Steam/AC since his hard drive did not have enough space to made the operation easily...

Last edited:
Hello.

View attachment 1393311

This is what I have set.
View attachment 1393312

View attachment 1393313

Thanks for any help.
1.79 isnt the latest stable version anymore, @Peter Boese mentioned numerous time that Ilja need to uptade that info
Have you seen how old are the post? :lol:

Anyone manage to get the TGN Modding Mini JCW that was just released?

I paid for it on Patreon and DM'd him for the Encryption password but after 3 days of promises he just blocked me on Patreon :lol: Seems he can't cope with the fact people were DM'ing him for the password then, shock horror, criticising him for not providing it...
As he blocked me I can't see the post anymore but I wasn't the only one to shout him out. Seems like a scam to me.

Silly really, first car I've been willing to pay for in a lonnng time but I'll just stick to finding them elsewhere and wait for the childish creators to grow up. In the meantime, don't give TGN your money - he's 'got more important things to worry about than writing a password for a £5 car'

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-30 19273.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-30 19273.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
You're welcome!

By the way, now that I remember, if you finally do the reinstall, take a look at the messages after the one I linked to you before, since maximeerkat had difficulty when reinstalling Steam/AC since his hard drive did not have enough space to made the operation easily...
all my cars/tracks are compressed. I only had 25g of space and when i reinstalled steam i had to re install assetto and all dlc's again which of course they were uncompressed and all kunos cars back (i deleted 80% of them). so when it came to re installing everything i did not have enough disk space. Took me 6 hours in the end to sort it all out.

thanks steam

the fact that if steam doesnt work you CANNOT play AC is utterly unfathomable to me and we should not be accepting that.......AT ALL

yes you can tick the "use in offline mode" or whatever it is called but if steam doesnt work your game dont work.......period.

i fail to see an upside to this

there must be a solution to this i just do not no it.

PART I

Okay guys. Every single 2005 and 2007 track has gotten period correct skins. Fuji is still WIP. So much work in that one.

I played these seasons and I simply couldn't stand watching the modern ads (DHL, Aramco, Pirelli, ROLEX etc) anymore. 99% of the ROLEX ads have been removed. Adelaide has orange surface instead of Rolex green, etc.

I also hated those DRS signs on the track.

I don't like the Kunos logos, either.

They have all been removed and replaced with 2005-2007 period correct ads.

I'm not saying they're in the correct spots but the way I did this was that I watched a hotlap from that era from Alonso or Kimi and saw what ads they used in the particular track.

For example Monaco 2005 had Gauloises, Hockenheim had Olympus, Mobil 1, etc.

So they're somewhat correct. But all should be period correct. I didn't want to use Santander that much as it was mostly used in post 2007.

I think these are pretty much ok for early 2000's too. You know Allianz, Vodafone, Bridgestone, Mobil I, Panasonic, Olympus, POTENZA, Repsol, ING, TAG Heuer, Fosters, etc.

Feel free to use them anywhere you want.

That was a lot of work I can tell you.

Some screenshots.

Acu_Hungaroring:

vOjnTu3.jpg

Jz4J4UB.jpg

iV5Szlo.jpg

Acu_Istanbul Park:

2zxpdxm.jpg

mrdo98E.jpg

cHuRhvW.jpg

Bahrain 2020:

qKyiH71.jpg

z400hZ5.jpg

gyTuBfK.jpg

PART II

China GP 2021:

xRugIL0.jpg

IrtUQNA.jpg

ulyawT5.jpg

Albert Parc ACU:

GxFvAHx.jpg

6I07wQ1.jpg

VAaLa1P.jpg

Montreal animated ads:

vlIrUwZ.jpg

y24vrKL.jpg

Hockenheim VHE:

4gzwlGu.jpg

SOn89vh.jpg

idlgkIu.jpg

The video shows Monaco, Spa (with 2008 skins), China, Bahrain and also Barcelona with correct 2005 layout.

I upload the skins separately when I have the energy. But they are all inside the tracks. I also updated the season a little bit. All downloads in the video description as usual.

Just check the 2005_2007 skins from CM and it should all work.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back