Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,651 comments
If I could choose between that and an 850 estate, regardless of purpose... 🤣

I think 90% of grown Scandinavian men have owned a Volvo estate wagon at some point in life. I have owned a '97 V70 2.0l, which over time was painted in five different shades of blue, because of hard use and cheap repairs. Including my ex hitting a full grown horse with it. But the car was sold as fully functional, with an MOT, and not even rusted through anywhere, when I got rid of it at 350k km.

Try treating a Ford like that, and see if it's still a running car at 350k km... 👍
350k km is Nothing, Australian ford Falcon ex-taxi on LPG gas are sold off at around 500 to 650k km and run for another 200k no problem. but who in 2024 drives over 200k km on one car anyway.... cars are basically disposable items now

350k km is Nothing, Australian ford Falcon ex-taxi on LPG gas are sold off at around 500 to 650k km and run for another 200k no problem. but who in 2024 drives over 200k km on one car anyway.... cars are basically disposable items now
Australian Fords are obviously not the same as European Fords... And I guess the Australian winters aren't quite as harsh as the Scandinavian ones.

But still impressive, though. Wish more cars were made like that.

Those old hand built air cooled Porsches are quite durable too. Very simple cars actually.

s0jLv00.png

Guys I did some additional changes to the Autodrom Most track, this time hopefully this is the final update for a loooong time. :)

Changelog for v. 1.5
  • further rework of last sector, removed blue run-off zone, moved gravel trap closer to the road (thx macko68 and Weron)
  • kerb check all over the track, now all kerbs and run-off zones should have proper texture
  • improved gravel and "fast" gravel surface definitions (better ffb in "fast" gravel zones)
  • reworked some grass-to-gravel and grass-to-asphalt transitions
  • slight adjustments of tree shader settings (thx slider)
You can grab the track here or wait until it will appear in CM CUP system.
More info at my patreon...

1.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

When obligued by circumstances I retired my yearned Seat Ibiza TDI 110cv, the odometer showed 390.000 glorious kilometers, during which it hardly had any repairs apart from the usual maintenance.

The interior trim groaned like a pirate ship, the heating didn't work well and every time I fully accelerated, several polar bears died and Greta felt a disturbance in The Force, but the engine kept starting at first try, worked like a clock, ran like a devil and barely consumed fuel...

I have the feeling that it would have lasted another 400.000, at least...

Last edited:
just paid a month subscription. the 850 mod is ok to look at, not very good to drive. ide prefer it being manual instead of crappy paddle shift, as it was manually operated sequential, not finger paddle shifts
you must be driving a different car to me then, my version doesnt have any paddles at all it has a sequential shifter in both, i must be missing the point, it wouldnt be the first time

Last edited:
Those old hand built air cooled Porsches are quite durable too. Very simple cars actually.

s0jLv00.png
We had a local jeweller who had the same MB 300 since he bought it new in the 70's, used it as his daily driver until he passed away a few years ago. That one passed 1 million kms in the late 90's.

just paid a month subscription. the 850 mod is ok to look at, not very good to drive. ide prefer it being manual instead of crappy paddle shift, as it was manually operated sequential, not finger paddle shifts
I have thought the same about the gearbox, and as a Volvo-nut I'm looking into tweaking the gearbox and other stuff to make it more authentic. I think most of the physics come from the PM3DM Volvo S40, with adjusted gearbox, wheelbase, centre of gravity etc., so that should be ok. I have been playing with both the gearbox, the aero and the cg, can share it with you when I feel it's good?

@maximeerkat It's the autoblip and autoclutch that kind of breaks the period correct immersion of an extremely hard shifting mechanical, sequential gearbox. Not the biggest deal, and can of course be fixed to suit even the most hardcore oldschool drivers here. (Yours truly being one of them.)

Last edited:

you must be driving a different car to me then, my version doesnt have any paddles at all it has a sequential shifter in both, i must be missing the point, it wouldnt be the first time
i also have a dedicated, working sequential gear stick in the Cyril Cherry mod...

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back