Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,675 comments
Not really, as it turned out the Estate had better aero than the sedan..
""""
When Volvo released the T5 variant of their 850, the Swedish automaker wanted to boost its profile in order to gain market share. Instead of a traditional marketing campaign, Volvo took the 850 racing in the British Touring Car Championship.

How the decision to use the 850 estate came about wasn’t intentional though. Volvo commissioned Steffansson Automotive to develop a BTCC prototype, but when they went to collect a body shell only estate variants were left. This news quickly reached the Volvo board, who saw it as a golden opportunity to break the stereotype of only selling estates to middle-aged geography teachers.

As it turned though, the 850 estate’s long roofline actually proved advantageous, with the race car producing more downforce over the sedan equivalent. A longer wheelbase and more glass did equate to increased weight, but being below the minimum meant there was still opportunity to move ballast around.

From when the 850 estate first lined up on the BTCC grid at Thruxton Circuit in April 1994, competitors saw it as more of a marketing exercise than anything else. The Volvo team was undeterred, and as a tongue in cheek measure stuffed a toy Border Collie in the back for a parade lap.

Sadly, the 850 estate only saw competition for the one season, where Volvo placed sixth in the constructors championship. For the 1995 BTCC championship, TOCA altered the rules to permit additional spoilers, but these could not extend past the bumpers or the roofline. Sadly, any advantage the estate had was now gone, so the T5 850 sedan took its place for the next two seasons, where Volvo drivers frequented the podium more often.
"""
View attachment 1395915
OK, what I meant was that you can have a chassis and pop any shell you want on it, now if the chassis is some trick custom made job with no parts from say a Volvo, and you stick a Volvo shell on top...... is it really a Volvo.

Its the beauty of racing I guess pretending 'their car' is racing in the BTCC...... it really isn't.
But we all know that right.

Guys, could you try my conversion of acc Kyalami track. Big thanks to LaChub for Ai
remember to put the correct version number in the ui_track.json and your name, otherwise it may cause confusion.

there are several items or a double-sided item is missing

Last edited:
is this not what your looking for? or are you specifically waiting for Tommy's version?

View attachment 1395768
Tommy's 240 released yesterday, and I must regretfully report that the MSC version still is the best 240 group A mod, despite its various shortcomings. The exterior of Tommy's car is good, but some proportions seem a bit off. The headlights seem to have the wrong size and a couple of other things. The interior seems to have been made in one single lunch break, with boxy details, poor texturing and wrong dimensions. Too bad, because when looking at his old mods like the Audi V8 DTM, I know he can do much, much better.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back