Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,716 comments
"Rivals of the Road: The 90s Grand Tourer Battle is between Porsche, BMW, and Corvette"

In the early 1990s, the grand tourer segment featured three prominent competitors battling for dominance: the Porsche 928 GT, BMW 850i, and Chevrolet Corvette (C4) Coupe.

View attachment 1396362

90s Street Rivals - Vintage Grand Tourers (Assetto Corsa Mods)

In this trio of legends, the Porsche and BMW vie for top-tier elegance, while the Corvette charges forward with pure performance in mind. As these titans face off on the road, each with its strengths and weaknesses, one can't help but wonder: who will claim victory in this battle of 90s grand tourers?

The answer lies not in words but on the track - find out for yourself by putting them through their paces, head-to-head, in Assetto Corsa.
Any direct links without having to join yet another Patreon please?
And the Porsche is hidden behind a paywall?

Last edited:
Hey Guys

Here's a track update that I never got to finish during my holidays.

Should be uploaded in a few hours :)

Screenshot_ferrari_355_challenge_ks_brands_hatch_11-9-124-23-48-0.jpg
Screenshot_ferrari_355_challenge_ks_brands_hatch_12-9-124-0-9-58.jpg

Last edited:
"Rivals of the Road: The 90s Grand Tourer Battle is between Porsche, BMW, and Corvette"

In the early 1990s, the grand tourer segment featured three prominent competitors battling for dominance: the Porsche 928 GT, BMW 850i, and Chevrolet Corvette (C4) Coupe.

View attachment 1396362

90s Street Rivals - Vintage Grand Tourers (Assetto Corsa Mods)

In this trio of legends, the Porsche and BMW vie for top-tier elegance, while the Corvette charges forward with pure performance in mind. As these titans face off on the road, each with its strengths and weaknesses, one can't help but wonder: who will claim victory in this battle of 90s grand tourers?

The answer lies not in words but on the track - find out for yourself by putting them through their paces, head-to-head, in Assetto Corsa.
Tried the Corvette.
So these are just other people's mods (complete with all pre-existing errors) that you've added allegedly 'real' specs to?
And we're supposed to be tempted into paying for the Porsche?

1728724719317.png

Call me cynical but I'm getting a little tired of this type of thing.

Tried the Corvette.
So these are just other people's mods (complete with all pre-existing errors) that you've added allegedly 'real' specs to?

View attachment 1396467

I think you can get the Porsche free if you wait, his Patreon says "Released 84 days early for members" about it.

Looks like his goal is just to match the performance specs with the real car, but he doesn't really seem to care how he does that... :rolleyes:

Tried the Corvette.

View attachment 1396467

An easy way to fix that.
In the CM showroom press the (T)
click on suspension
click on align using data
and move the arrows to be near the wheels "not need to be perfect"
We all start by copying/pasting from other cars but you have to make changes otherwise the car handling will be messed up
oi.JPG

I have recently also been trying to find the cause of this. It never used to be an issue for me, and I have checked settings that should automatically turn them on and off.
I have found that just by clicking once anywhere on the Pure Config app window turns the headlights, including the AI, off instantly if it's daytime. I am running Pure LCS, but with a selection of different PP filters there is no change. I can't recall if it's the same in Gamma.
Sadly I have not found the option, Pure dosn't have any option to uncheck that.

An easy way to fix that.
In the CM showroom press the (T)
click on suspension
click on align using data
and move the arrows to be near the wheels "not need to be perfect"
We all start by copying/pasting from other cars but you have to make changes otherwise the car handling will be messed up
View attachment 1396530
You'd rather hope that someone offering 'real' specs would already know this... especially if signing up to a patreon and/or handing money over was required before even seeing what you might be getting.
I'm struggling to see the point of these mods beyond corralling people into a patreon and tricking them into paying for one of the cars. The base cars are terrible and the specs are half-assed.
Compare these with what somebody like @Fuzo creates (and releases for free) with no hoops to jump through and no cynical hidden paywalls.
Even checking these out has been a total waste of time.

Last edited:
Just an additionnal ressource post for the vintage freaks around here, and especially tracks and cars modders, since i've been digging some gems around lately. As an example i will go for something i've been trying to setup as a race lately, the Longford 1958 Grand Prix race.

I always start looking race event results on https://www.racingsportscars.com/entry/Longford-1959-03-02-19209.html
They have pictures sometimes, but most importantly they do have the grid presets and results.

Then to check for the actual versions of the car being used, especially when older cars are still being used, i would go for history stories on https://primotipo.com/2015/11/27/the-longford-trophy-1958-the-tornados-ted-gray/ or https://primotipo.com/2018/07/05/longford-lap/
Primotipo not only offers a whole bunch of pics but also get you insights and small events that happened during races. It's useful for both tracks layouts and actual racing events. It also SOURCES ITS LINKS, which will lead you to a niche inside a niche. Cannot get nerdier. I still have no idea whatr they did to the Maserati 250F for this race but i'll find it.

Now, when it comes to 20s-70s races, Lindsay Ross pics https://www.oldracephotos.com/shop/category30-15#Touring Cars 5 and you would get the actual racer's name on top of the liveries.

But if you're aiming at a particular one, your best shot is actually https://forums.autosport.com/topic/1097-australian-gp-in-former-days/ also known as "the Nostalgia Forum". Meet Ray Bell there and get absolutly insane details for anything 50s 60s 70s related. You'll probably meet a whole bunch of modders there, most of you must know about it.

Surprisingly you even find actual frames of the race cars, detailed suspension works, and engine specs for races https://forums.autosport.com/topic/222586-fred-pearse-collection-photos/?hl=+cooper++t38#entry10105492

And by then you have the whole names for drivers, cars and updates that were made on the cars, be them be mechanics or bodyworks.

Now, i think i 've been patient enough and that most of you have no idea where i'm heading, so, plot twist, it is now time to forget about all those 80s formula ones, DTMs or BTCCs, and that you guys start working on that bloody Cooper T38 i've been waiting for a whole year. It's been long enough. You can leave the douche driver model out of it still.

Screenshot 2024-10-12 at 15-07-32 438 Cooper Jaguar T38 (1955) Cooper T38 Mk.II (1955) Engin… ...png

Last edited:
I have recently also been trying to find the cause of this. It never used to be an issue for me, and I have checked settings that should automatically turn them on and off.
I have found that just by clicking once anywhere on the Pure Config app window turns the headlights, including the AI, off instantly if it's daytime. I am running Pure LCS, but with a selection of different PP filters there is no change. I can't recall if it's the same in Gamma.

Sadly I have not found the option, Pure dosn't have any option to uncheck that.
I might just be old and mis-remembering, but "turns the headlights, including the AI, off" is ringing a bell for me. There's a CSP setting to Turn on AI headlights automatically, and I was having my cars light turn on, unbidden, so just trying stuff, I turned that off, and I seem to remember that sorted my headlights drama. Perhaps there's some bleed in the code that makes it affect your car AND the AI?

Edit.
In WeatherFX:

1728739414777.png

Last edited:
You probably know that already but in the pure config, under the AI tab, you can decide whether the headlights are Pure or CSP controlled, as well as to get them working on different lighting conditions, either cubemap or ambient ent luminance.

The CSP Headlights control is in "Weather FX" settings, "turn headlights on and off automatically". I use this option checked in CSP and the "hEADLIGHTS DEFAULT" in Pure config without any issues.

Guys, could you try my conversion of acc Kyalami track. Big thanks to LaChub for Ai
View attachment 1396033

Thx for sharing this version.
Imo, there´s still a lot to do. A lot of trees are floating around and some of them really very high and obviously.
1728739630126.png

1728739672283.png

Power cables could be thinner, like in my screenshot above.
Power stands and some fences misses double side, too.
Terrains and mountains could blend better together, like in my first screenshot.
Imo a lot of buildings and other assets have wrong normals.

Pit building looks strange:
1728740037049.png

It should imo look more like this:
1728740194539.png

Some of these things can be done with config, but others unfortunately not.
The terrains blending is easy to change:
1728740395856.png

I can share my config changes, if you like, but before you´ve to fix the other things. :)
Unfortunately, my time is very limited lately, but I´ll try to help with hints if wanted and needed.

Ford Mondeo skin (Czech Republic) but what exactly the series was called i have no idea.

All i no is "RASINO" is a Ford main dealer in Czech Republic

car: https://mega.nz/file/sNAWkBCJ#OQ35pRlAh26mOZKANyWMG9TQpRkU9gByhhTP9PpN4Z4

CM drag and drop no AO (apart from front splitter and bumper insert) due to removing side repeaters and rear badge and rear plate to match real life. Of course the car i was skinning from is a early Mondeo but there is not 1 of them in the game worth skinning so i chose this. Had to make a few stickers from scratch on this one, 2 from scratch and 1 modified.

Screenshot (736).png

35857717415_d4ebc02259_b.jpg

Last edited:
You probably know that already but in the pure config, under the AI tab, you can decide whether the headlights are Pure or CSP controlled, as well as to get them working on different lighting conditions, either cubemap or ambient ent luminance.

The CSP Headlights control is in "Weather FX" settings, "turn headlights on and off automatically". I use this option checked in CSP and the "hEADLIGHTS DEFAULT" in Pure config without any issues.
Thank you @Tetri and @andrevr for your input. After going back and forth with the options in CSP and the Pure Config lights are working properly again :) I changed so many times I've become a bit confused as to what I have changed, but I think it was the the setting under the AI tab in Pure config. I must have changed something when playing with Pure settings a while back.

@Marneus_boss I now have "Force Ai headlights" and "Turn headlights on and off automatically" checked in CSP Weather FX, and "Headlights Pure" selected in the AI tab of the Pure config and it's all sorted. Strangely if I change to "Headlights Default" my headlights and the AI both come on again, despite this setting working for Tetri.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back