Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,886 comments
CM was updated today, again. Change log says: "Configs and VAO patches loading fixed (very sorry about that disruption, now there is a new properly updating service running 24/7)." This could be it?

All tracks config in CSP are "older". Now I update them.

Edit: After updated all the cars and tracks texture, configs and VAO patches, the buildings are still missing. So I check the "original source" on the CSP pages and I found that the buildings was removed two days ago, as "unnecessary texture", like many other things from other tracks, you could check that here: Original source.
So, no more buildings on Highland. They demolished them all...:(
So I downloaded the older version of the ks_highlands__buildings.kn5 file and everything seems back to normal

https://github.com/ac-custom-shader...f83/config/tracks/ks_highlands__buildings.kn5

Until then ill just turn off automatic updates in the track config tab until it gets resolved

Last edited:
Right click on the data file, then click "open with" - then click notepad or other word processing programs. Edit the file as you see fit and then save.
Thank you friend
I already did it, but even renaming without .txt, it remains as text, if I open it, text with strange characters appears
Anyway thanks

There's definitely a problem, with this:

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_0]
FILE = ?.kn5
HIDE = Box005, Box179, Box195, Box177, Object76470, Object76469, House_001_?, House002_?, House_002_?, House_modern_?, house_2015_?, House006_?, House008_?, House004_?, House005_?, House007_?, PUB_?, hotel_?, mansion_?, gazebos_?, Box137, Mesh002, Mesh005, Mesh013, Mesh016, Mesh017, Mesh019, Mesh047, Mesh048, Wharehouse_?, Object439, Mesh040, RailClone?, Object76449, cars_?
INSERT = ks_highlands__buildings.kn5
INSERT_AFTER = bush_HI_1

That ks_highlands__buildings.kn5 is now a 1 KB file, so those lines hide the buildings but have nothing to replace them with.
I commented these lines and added back the correct kn5 in the track folder:

highlands.png

Glad to see them back.
Imo all configs should be placed in the track/car folders...

Does that mean that the skins will work with Cyril’s car if the name is changed. Thanks.
Yes, if the templates are the same between two versions of the same car, but with different file names, example one version has the skin as chassis.dds and the other skin as skin.dds, by simply changing the file name of the .dds to match the correct "one" which belongs to that version of car will give you the desired skin show up in showroom and in game.

Hi everyone, is there some Swift GTi MK2 (like in picture) mod available for free for Assetto Corsa? a link will be appreciated (no csorby version, bacause is a paidmod) Thank you in advance

Attachments

• swift gti 3 1990.jpg
    swift gti 3 1990.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 1
I commented these lines and added back the correct kn5 in the track folder:

View attachment 1398063
Glad to see them back.
Imo all configs should be placed in the track/car folders...
Not really, because it matters who does the configs. If a track modder wants to safe his own work, then the modder can do this by placing the configs in the track or car folder.
But if a 3rd person does this configs, it is better they are loaded differently. So CSP can load those configs with different priorities.

Actually it seems there is a new bug in CM, so the configs and additional files are not properly loaded/downloaded/processed.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back