Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 138,012 comments
Today ContentManger updated all track configs and in the filepath: Assetto Corsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\ks_nordschleife_lights.kn5 the "misc_add.dds“ is missing. Also the chimney smoke isn’t there.

Does anybody know what happened?
Ilja did update the ks_nordschleife_lights.kn5 on github and deleted unnecessary textures - thats why it misses the files gstands2.dds; misc.dds; misc_add.dds. Even with adding the textures from the original Kunos files, the Dorint Hotel looks strange now. 😕

F1 2024 fictional skin for Mandalika 5.0
mandalika.jpg

Attachments

• Mandalika Street Circuit 2024 - F1 2024 Skins 1.1 - Quark.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Here's 1982-1984 Zolder.

Gas station removed (well it's invisible now)
Factories removed (they shouldn't be visible in 1982 and 1984)
Solar panels removed

I also removed stuff like heater pump from the buildings as they didn't exist in the 80's.

I feel the track has very nice 80s "vibe" now. There's no way to make the graphics 100% accurate as there's simply not enough footage but the layout is correct and driving the track really FEELS correct, a bit like the Rainmaker's AC 1988 tracks which are masterpieces. And as it's meant for both 1982 and 1984. Why not 1981 too. Zolder was in the calendar then too.

Correct layout by RevolverS. It plays wonderfully with my modded SD 1982 and 1984 cars. Fast ai, amazing job, virtually ZERO crashes, great ai lines. HUGE thanks for sharing this circuit for us.

Thanks to RMi Wood I was able to learn so much more again. I'm not a modder, just a Photoshop professional (I use it in my work) and a passionate classic F1 fan who wants to play these years. And I actually DO play them. I don't really drive anything else in AC besides these classic F1's. Well RUF Yellowbird and Porsche 993 GT2 are dream cars (which has been done so well) sometimes.

Thanks to this forum I've been able to learn the basic stuff so I can fix some simple things like graphics.

This track now has all accurate sponsors for the era. Elf, Parmalat, Pirelli, Olivetti, Vespa, Marlboro, Rank Xerox, Ellesse, Fuji Film, Shell, etc. all that I have been able to find from the limited footage. I actually watched the full 1984 Zolder race yesterday. Couldn't find the 80s Vespa logo anywhere so I painted it.

Feel free to improve the track or use my skins anywhere you want. From the visual standpoint the track needs more trees at the place where the factory was.

I'm quite happy how I managed to transform the SimDream 1982, 1983 and 1984 cars. They all have correct numbers and (somewhat) correct helmets. It was a HUGE job to fix all SD mistakes I can tell you. The cars don't crash much at all anymore and my seasons are fully playable and the results are very realistic. As you can see in this preview Lauda (eventual 1984 champ) AI 100 and Prost (eventual runner-up AI 100 who lost the title by only 1/2 points) dominated the Zolder qualifying. Sure my methods to make the SD cars competitive were primitive and sloppy as I'm not a modder (like all other tyremodels than supersoft removed) but it's very effective. They're very fast now. Also adjusting the suspension and ARB fixed many issues at Long Beach and Dallas. In their vanilla form they were completely and utterly hopeless (like 3 seconds slower with race mediums) and crashed all over the place. But the fundametal physics are from Kunos Lotus98t.

Personally, I think these old Kunos98T based cars are nicer to drive than the modern F1's. The tyre feel is better in the old ones and somehow this era was so much more exciting anyway. Not as sterile as F1 is today.

Shin has Detroit 1982 and Nurburgring 1984 WIPs which I have both tested and they are as usual great quality. So those are covered.

One more 1982-1984 era track nailed now.

We still need working 80s Zandvoort, 80s Brands Hatch and the old Long Beach 1982 layout. The seasons have ok Brands and Long Beach but that Beach layout is not accurate for 1982 and no decent Zandvoort is available. One that isn't a crash mayhem.

Video is in three parts that shows.

1. Pitstop, the (ex) gas station area and paddock building ads.
2. Actual 1984 F1 season race start and first lap
3. TV view of the first laps where you can see the ads properly

Extract to your /rt_zolder folder and activate the 1982_1984_skins.

Here is the full track with base rt_zolder (in case you don't have it).

Video has the link to the 1982 and 1984 season downloads.

Last edited:
I would like to know from the community if there is a track that you would like a complete texture update.

Am open to requests and looking for something new to work on.

No street circuits please, I like scenery, elavation, old or new tracks as long as they have flow and pleasing to the eye :)

The most requested track I will work on.

Please aslo provide a link to the track as I may not have the track.
Nancy-Seichamps could definitly get a skin https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/nancy-seichamps-1930s-grand-prix-de-lorraine.57490/

There have been a texture update but the 3D trees on the roadside after pits should definitly be replaced by, let's say, the ones we have in Le Mans 67 before the straight. Everything else is a bit raw, even after the texture update from last year, and the grass did not enjoy going from CSP 1.8 to 2.5😅.

Ingliston ( Long and Short) could use some advertisments and a few adds, it's really a nice track, a bit like a forgotten B class Goodwood.

Wekangcai Dundrod conversion is graphically a GTR2 track, but it's one of my favourites. I have the track saved here if you cannot access it, but you won't be able to share the results on RD on this one.

I'm surprised noone already rebuilt the 1967 Mount Panorama from Legion, which is super raw but could definitly be a soul catcher if you updated it. The roads are a bit flat still, but i remember having plenty of fun driving the 67 F1s there and wtaching the AI flying like majestic flighless garbage bins.

Boavista 1958 sucks, but it shouldn't. Spoiler alert, it's a Gilles 75 one, so probably don't bother.

Autodrome de Linas Monthléry, by Legion, adds-ons by WekangCai, also need a graphic update (i have the tracks in case you need it)

Rieti Circuit, a great track with absolutly no road feeling, could be a catch IF you find someone to edit the roads.

I have dozens of those forgotten tracks laying in a dedicated folder named "one day i ll learn modding and i'll edit them" if you want me to share them. they all fit your description : lots of scenery, vintage and elevation sometimes. Contact me in DM, would be my pleasure to share them names and links; as some of them are either lost, abandoned, or simply unauthorized conversions.

Actually if i may step in the conversation, what most tracks need at the moment (and especially when it comes to vintage) are new road meshes. The texture upgrades are great, i'm always happy to dl and play them. But i wish there was more dedicated edits to the roads we're actually riding on, as for now most vintage tracks are pretty flat.

I've been reaching Ludwig666 on RD to get a lesson on how to do it (my skills with blender basically halt after launching the soft) but i 've always wondered if i was the only one wanting to have more roads like, let's say, Bremgarten from FA, Oulton historic and spa 66 from reboot or the Dundrod conversion from wekangcai. I think i'm heading there, which might not be my smartest career move with AC Evo coming in January

Last edited:
Here's 1982-1984 Zolder.

Gas station removed (well it's invisible now)
Factories removed (they shouldn't be visible in 1982 and 1984)
Solar panels removed

I also removed stuff like heater pump from the buildings as they didn't exist in the 80's.

I feel the track has very nice 80s "vibe" now. There's no way to make the graphics 100% accurate as there's simply not enough footage but the layout is correct and driving the track really FEELS correct, a bit like the Rainmaker's AC 1988 tracks which are masterpieces. And as it's meant for both 1982 and 1984. Why not 1981 too. Zolder was in the calendar then too.

Correct layout by RevolverS. It plays wonderfully with my modded SD 1982 and 1984 cars. Fast ai, amazing job, virtually ZERO crashes, great ai lines. HUGE thanks for sharing this circuit for us.

Thanks to RMi Wood I was able to learn so much more again. I'm not a modder, just a Photoshop professional (I use it in my work) and a passionate classic F1 fan who wants to play these years. And I actually DO play them. I don't really drive anything else in AC besides these classic F1's. Well RUF Yellowbird and Porsche 993 GT2 are dream cars (which has been done so well) sometimes.

Thanks to this forum I've been able to learn the basic stuff so I can fix some simple things like graphics.

This track now has all accurate sponsors for the era. Elf, Parmalat, Pirelli, Olivetti, Vespa, Marlboro, Rank Xerox, Ellesse, Fuji Film, Shell, etc. all that I have been able to find from the limited footage. I actually watched the full 1984 Zolder race yesterday. Couldn't find the 80s Vespa logo anywhere so I painted it.

Feel free to improve the track or use my skins anywhere you want. From the visual standpoint the track needs more trees at the place where the factory was.

I'm quite happy how I managed to transform the SimDream 1982, 1983 and 1984 cars. They all have correct numbers and (somewhat) correct helmets. It was a HUGE job to fix all SD mistakes I can tell you. The cars don't crash much at all anymore and my seasons are fully playable and the results are very realistic. As you can see in this preview Lauda (eventual 1984 champ) AI 100 and Prost (eventual runner-up AI 100 who lost the title by only 1/2 points) dominated the Zolder qualifying. Sure my methods to make the SD cars competitive were primitive and sloppy as I'm not a modder (like all other tyremodels than supersoft removed) but it's very effective. They're very fast now. Also adjusting the suspension and ARB fixed many issues at Long Beach and Dallas. In their vanilla form they were completely and utterly hopeless (like 3 seconds slower with race mediums) and crashed all over the place. But the fundametal physics are from Kunos Lotus98t.

Personally, I think these old Kunos98T based cars are nicer to drive than the modern F1's. The tyre feel is better in the old ones and somehow this era was so much more exciting anyway. Not as sterile as F1 is today.

Shin has Detroit 1982 and Nurburgring 1984 WIPs which I have both tested and they are as usual great quality. So those are covered.

One more 1982-1984 era track nailed now.

We still need working 80s Zandvoort, 80s Brands Hatch and the old Long Beach 1982 layout. The seasons have ok Brands and Long Beach but that Beach layout is not accurate for 1982 and no decent Zandvoort is available. One that isn't a crash mayhem.

Video is in three parts that shows.

1. Pitstop, the (ex) gas station area and paddock building ads.
2. Actual 1984 F1 season race start and first lap
3. TV view of the first laps where you can see the ads properly

Extract to your /rt_zolder folder and activate the 1982_1984_skins.

Here is the full track with base rt_zolder (in case you don't have it).

Video has the link to the 1982 and 1984 season downloads.

Definitely need an 80s Zandvoort... But Ain-Diab and Monsanto are completely missing from the F1 circuits...

Definitely need an 80s Zandvoort... But Ain-Diab and Monsanto are completely missing from the F1 circuits...

It's insane that no one has done that 80s Zandvoort as it was used in all of those early 80's years. If someone wants to do it I can at least help with the ads. :D

I use Brands Hatch 90s in my seasons. It's not completely accurate but it actually looks the part (very 80'ish).

Last edited:
James Thompson 1994 BTCC skin + tweaks to other skins

This is now in a pack i have tweaked a few other skins so rather than have them scattered in seperate downloads i decided to remove all those and do this instead

i wont picture all the other cars as you have already seen them if you want pics head over to the overview tab in the download page you can also find instructions there aswell on how to install and give it AO e.t.c

1.0 Final

I may do some other skins for this in the future but not right now

Screenshot (774).png

Nancy-Seichamps could definitly get a skin https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/nancy-seichamps-1930s-grand-prix-de-lorraine.57490/

There have been a texture update but the 3D trees on the roadside after pits should definitly be replaced by, let's say, the ones we have in Le Mans 67 before the straight. Everything else is a bit raw, even after the texture update from last year, and the grass did not enjoy going from CSP 1.8 to 2.5😅.

Ingliston ( Long and Short) could use some advertisments and a few adds, it's really a nice track, a bit like a forgotten B class Goodwood.

Wekangcai Dundrod conversion is graphically a GTR2 track, but it's one of my favourites. I have the track saved here if you cannot access it, but you won't be able to share the results on RD on this one.

I'm surprised noone already rebuilt the 1967 Mount Panorama from Legion, which is super raw but could definitly be a soul catcher if you updated it. The roads are a bit flat still, but i remember having plenty of fun driving the 67 F1s there and wtaching the AI flying like majestic flighless garbage bins.

Boavista 1958 sucks, but it shouldn't. Spoiler alert, it's a Gilles 75 one, so probably don't bother.

Autodrome de Linas Monthléry, by Legion, adds-ons by WekangCai, also need a graphic update (i have the tracks in case you need it)

Rieti Circuit, a great track with absolutly no road feeling, could be a catch IF you find someone to edit the roads.

I have dozens of those forgotten tracks laying in a dedicated folder named "one day i ll learn modding and i'll edit them" if you want me to share them. they all fit your description : lots of scenery, vintage and elevation sometimes. Contact me in DM, would be my pleasure to share them names and links; as some of them are either lost, abandoned, or simply unauthorized conversions.

Actually if i may step in the conversation, what most tracks need at the moment (and especially when it comes to vintage) are new road meshes. The texture upgrades are great, i'm always happy to dl and play them. But i wish there was more dedicated edits to the roads we're actually riding on, as for now most vintage tracks are pretty flat.

I've been reaching Ludwig666 on RD to get a lesson on how to do it (my skills with blender basically halt after launching the soft) but i 've always wondered if i was the only one wanting to have more roads like, let's say, Bremgarten from FA, Oulton historic and spa 66 from reboot or the Dundrod conversion from wekangcai. I think i'm heading there, which might not be my smartest career move with AC Evo coming in January
Dundrod....have you checked Dundrod 1955 (Jim Pearson/S.Victor, AC conversion by RMi ? Not much left to do IMO (available on @Breathe track list).

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back