Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 138,118 comments
Ok, I know it's not friday yet, but I have other plans for friday.

I think I'm done for now, but there are still a few skins I would like to do when the dust settles. The 1984 Zepro and the Cirkelkaffe liveries are probably the last two fairly famous ones I haven't done. And of course, the mandatory fictional Durex-livery. Rest assured, it will come. And perhaps a fictional tabacco-livery of some kind as well. But no ATCC liveries, and no Japanese anime. This is a serious Swedish car, not a toy.

View attachment 1400112

(Ok then, maybe I'll do some ATCC liveries, if there are any cool looking ones.)
Hi, do you know where i can get the base car for these skins
thanks

Hi all! This may be a dumb question, what class does the RSS GT Legends fall under? Gt1, Gt2? 90's?

Thank you.
GT, N-GT, GT1, GT2. Ironic that you've mentioned about this after I've just got done running 3 rounds of the 2005 season. I'm even running G2 class as well.

Attachments

• acs 2024-10-24 20-11-00.png
    acs 2024-10-24 20-11-00.png
    436.6 KB · Views: 1
  • rss_gt_ferruccio_55_knr_silverstone_2005_23_59_46.jpg
    rss_gt_ferruccio_55_knr_silverstone_2005_23_59_46.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 1
  • ks_maserati_mc12_gt1_magnycours_1998_22_28_50.jpg
    ks_maserati_mc12_gt1_magnycours_1998_22_28_50.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
can you drag to make the app windows bigger?
No, it gets bigger when I uncheck the monitor, but still there's only the center.
This car is missing the two exterior rear view mirrors.
You don't seem to have the issue, maybe because another version. Where did you get the car from ? (There's no version number in the ui on my side) :rolleyes:

I'd go earlier - 1999. Due to Viper and Lister. The saleen Debut'd in 2000.

Doing GTR2 are you ;) ;)

I think 2004 was the last year with the Viper and Lister in FIA GT1 and the RSS Adonis seems to simulate the 2007 DBR9 (given the rear wing).

But you are right, Viper and Lister are much older than that.

F1 1998 - ROUND 01 - Melbourne v1.0

Screenshot_sf_volvo_850_estate_st_melbourne_1998_25-9-124-19-4-33.jpg

Conversion from rFactor.

-CSP recommended
-30 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Track by Grand Prix Team (1998 Track Pack)
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC converted by @shi (shin956)
AI and sidelines by Thockard
Some objects from melbourne_2019_chq/ melbourne_2019
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
marshall and some textures by kunos

Download (MEGA)

Enjoy.

Hi, and thanks for reworking this awesome track! Can you do something just with this no-chicane layout in a next update?
I've seen a few releases of this track but no one remembered to remove this tires barrier beside the wall on the main straight. It is in the way especially at 150mph and is a serious hazard, as it would be in real life, so in the sim too! :D

View attachment 1400244
1729861385676.png

That's nice, thanks. Do you happen to have a fix for both rear view mirrors too ?
The mirrors work for me and I don't remember having fixed them, but it could be in case of doubt I'll attach the mirrors file

Attachments

• Screenshot_and_124_abarth_gr4_magione_25-9-124-16-22-6.jpg
    Screenshot_and_124_abarth_gr4_magione_25-9-124-16-22-6.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_and_124_abarth_gr4_magione_25-9-124-16-21-38.jpg
    Screenshot_and_124_abarth_gr4_magione_25-9-124-16-21-38.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1
  • mirrors.ini
    94 bytes · Views: 1
GT, N-GT, GT1, GT2. Ironic that you've mentioned about this after I've just got done running 3 rounds of the 2005 season. I'm even running G2 class as well.
Sorry for the question but what are you using for the G2 field? are they just grid fillers or some of them are quite nice in terms of quality?

The mirrors work for me and I don't remember having fixed them, but it could be in case of doubt I'll attach the mirrors file
That's for the Abarth, right ?
It's the Alfa 4C GT3 that has mirror issues for me (and others).

EDIT: managed to fix it for myself...
Names found with objects inspector:

The original mirrors.ini:

[MIRROR_0]
NAME=MIRROR_LEFT

[MIRROR_1]
NAME=MIRROR_RIGHT

[MIRROR_2]

NAME=object-28

=====================
My fix:

[MIRROR_0]
NAME=esp_izq

[MIRROR_1]
NAME=object-28

[MIRROR_2]
NAME=esp_der

Last edited:
So then, with the RSS GT Legends being roughly 2000-2007 GT1... Does the DW - Mantis, Mosler, Vertigo, BMW, Ultima - fall in the same time era though GT3?

I am reorganizing my AC car list. I do not use tags and just placing certain race cars in categories.

I'd go earlier - 1999. Due to Viper and Lister. The saleen Debut'd in 2000.

Doing GTR2 are you ;) ;)
Yes 🤤 I've waited 3 years to get back into the FIA series cause we were kind of lacking some liveries and cars that I didn't want to start without, e.g. the Mosler MT900-R/GT3. Now I'm getting back into it, thanks to @DavidDGA, but something tells me '06 and up won't be as full as this season in terms of liveries.
I think 2004 was the last year with the Viper and Lister in FIA GT1 and the RSS Adonis seems to simulate the 2007 DBR9 (given the rear wing).

But you are right, Viper and Lister are much older than that.
I don't know about 2007, because Aston Martin just debut the cars at 2005: Round 3 Tourist Trophy. Same canards, same rear wing.

rss_gt_adonis_d9_v12_knr_silverstone_2005_00_45_05.jpg
rss_gt_adonis_d9_v12_knr_silverstone_2005_00_21_14.jpg

AM Debut.PNG

Man that looks fun lol I need to do something like this. Is it against AI and are they full races?
It most certainly is fun! Yes, it's against AI 100 strength, 95 aggressiveness. I'm not sure what you mean by full races in terms of 'full grid' or the length of the race, so I'm just going to answer both. If you mean 'full grid', yes. At least 29 cars into each race so far. If you mean the length of the races, I do 25 laps, regardless of track length, even if it was the Nürburgring. That way I get variety of race lengths and I've been sticking with this rule since I've started in 1994 BPR GGTC.

Last edited:
Hi, and thanks for reworking this awesome track! Can you do something just with this no-chicane layout in a next update?
I've seen a few releases of this track but no one remembered to remove this tires barrier beside the wall on the main straight. It is in the way especially at 150mph and is a serious hazard, as it would be in real life, so in the sim too! :D

View attachment 1400244
Copy the files in the archive. There is an ext_config.ini which hides the tyrewall and a surfice.ini which for a collidable wall.
The track will not work online (in this case there also surfice.ini.orig)

Attachments

• Portland International Raceway - Tyrewall fix - Quark.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Sorry for the question but what are you using for the G2 field? are they just grid fillers or some of them are quite nice in terms of quality?
I'm using the Mosler MT900-Rs with some modifications to get rid of the canards and front splitter. Also the cars have quality, though it's weird that their tire wear and fuel are MILES better then the rest of the grid lasting the entire race, hints why you see the red one in front of the pack.

However, I've made a mistake in doing that and should've put the car behind the GT1s. I just ignore that and be thankful to even have them. I could also modified their fuel so they can pit more often, but I don't count them I'm just having fun right now.

dw_mosler_mt900_gt3_knr_silverstone_2005_23_55_59.jpg
dw_mosler_mt900_gt3_knr_silverstone_2005_00_12_23.jpg

Also their was more G2 cars IRL, but I didn't bother to put them in. We have the 350z, I just didn't bother making the #179 and as for the Monaro, I could just either use a Pontiac racecar or use the V8 supercar as a grid filler, but there was no point for me, I have a full grid of cars and that's all that I've wanted.

G2.PNG

So then, with the RSS GT Legends being roughly 2000-2007 GT1... Does the DW - Mantis, Mosler, Vertigo, BMW, Ultima - fall in the same time era though GT3?

I am reorganizing my AC car list. I do not use tags and just placing certain race cars in categories.
No they run different categories, the Mantis runs GT3, N-GT. Mosler and Vertigo run G2. BMW Z4 ran for G2 in it's first test session, kind of GT3ish. The Ultimas ran in GT2, GT3/N-GT, but it does depend on the body type.

Pack update

2 x skins added a total of 7 skins now

various tweaks to the other skins

I will only picture the 2 skins i have not shown yet if you want to see all of them go to the overview tab in the download section

I am moving onto another car now the silkolene skin was 1 of the hardest skins i have had to do, i spoke to soon when i said this car was mapped well most of it is but there are area's that are close to unusable and all the places where the pattern went was in all the nasty bits of the map typically, i have got it as close as i can but its not exact in area's due to mapping or just not being able to fit the pattern onto the car sometimes it just doesnt fit/work out so you have to work with what you got. If anyone wants to do the other skins that this car had (2 i think) be my guest because i am now finished with it.

Screenshot (777).png
Screenshot (782).png

Last edited:
I don't know about 2007, because Aston Martin just debut the cars at 2005: Round 3 Tourist Trophy. Same canards, same rear wing.

I really shouldn't be trusting my memory. You are completely right. I really thought the RSS DBR9 had the smaller 2007-ish rear wing, but you are right, it's the same as the 2005 car.

So I guess there are simulating 2004/2005 GT1 BOP?

shi
F1 1998 - ROUND 01 - Melbourne v1.0

View attachment 1400354
Conversion from rFactor.

-CSP recommended
-30 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Track by Grand Prix Team (1998 Track Pack)
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC converted by @shi (shin956)
AI and sidelines by Thockard
Some objects from melbourne_2019_chq/ melbourne_2019
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
marshall and some textures by kunos

Download (MEGA)

Enjoy.

Great work once again as any track I got from you... Love this series, I was wondering if you'd consider to make a Zandvoort 80s track as this is the most overlooked f1 track apart from Ain-Diab and Monsanto maybe but compared to the others Zandvoort would be the most famous out of these... Btw some time ago you posted something about 1994 Spa and Montreal and other 1994 changed track (not sure if Silverstone was a part of it as well...) Will these track still "materialize"?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back