Assetto Corsa: What to Expect

I don't remember the exact reasoning for the numbers, but they're tuned variants. For example, the Stage 3 F40 is basically an LM, sans the extra brutality.

Really, @AlvaroF? How did we literally think of the same example?! :lol:

mgc.gif

The main ones are a "gain" slider which is the strength of the FFB, a minimum force slider which lets you adjust the minimum force your wheel can output, and then three sliders to amplify road feel, slip feel, and curb feel (the curb feel is a "canned" effect that makes flat curbs vibrate, the road and slip feel amplify the existing FFB signal for those two elements). Then each car has it's own FFB strength adjustment which you can adjust on the fly while driving, so you basically set your main "gain" to a happy medium but then you can tweak each car individually if it's a little light/heavy. So, yeah, it's pretty basic and straightforward but works well.

Brandon, are you sure that the slider for the curb is a canned effect?
The way I understand it, is that they are all amplifier, not canned effect, just so driver with less powerful wheel also have a chance to feel the various feedback better.

Is anyone able to offer a comparison of the physics between pcars and AC? The other question I have is if AC has a SPEC/Tuning prohibited setting for our line use and how well does it work? Apparently it doesn't work very well in pcars. I even heard of cars with different amounts of fuel at race start and loopholes for using assists on pcars.

Great thread by the way @Terronium-12
This is exactly the information Ive been looking for to help me make the decision on buying AC.

Last edited:
I have just re-read the car list again to just make sure that AC didn't, at the last minute, introduce Go-Karts :-)

Geeeeeez I **HATE** those things.

So can I safely say I can expect *NO* Karts?

I have just re-read the car list again to just make sure that AC didn't, at the last minute, introduce Go-Karts :-)

They caused me some serious hurt in PCars. I eventually became pretty comfortable with them but they are always on the brink of destroying you.

They caused me some serious hurt in PCars. I eventually became pretty comfortable with them but they are always on the brink of destroying you.

Agreed. PBugs was dreadful with the karts. Then add to that the dreadful AI that made having any sort of race impossible.

For the record, when I buy a car racing game/sim I want to drive cars, not karts, not moon buggies, not fictional Japanese wet dreams (e.g. Vettel's X10) and not any other rubbish they can dream up like running over cones in a stadium :-(

No karts in sight (other than PC mods). But if somehow a Kart DLC comes along I guess you'll just have to avoid it. ;)
About the AI, since you mention it: it's great once the field spreads out a little, but there's always a little bit of first corner chaos, depending on track.

No karts at this point, but I'd guess once you tried karts in a proper sim you might change your mind. They can be hella fun and are a very pure form of racing. I race karts occasionally in real life and they are seriously immense fun. I, for one, hope that AC does add them at some point, but you can rest assured that if they do get added nobody will force you to drive them. :sly:

No karts at this point, but I'd guess once you tried karts in a proper sim you might change your mind. They can be hella fun and are a very pure form of racing. I race karts occasionally in real life and they are seriously immense fun. I, for one, hope that AC does add them at some point, but you can rest assured that if they do get added nobody will force you to drive them. :sly:
No need for Kunos to bother with this around the corner :P:

Is there stat tracking for race wins offline? Great thread by the way though I still can't bring myself to preorder. I'll keep reading about AC so who knows, I might just go ahead and preorder if what I read convinces me.

................, but you can rest assured that if they do get added nobody will force you to drive them. :sly:

Not entirely true. I like getting my platinum trophies in these games and they *always* include some ridiculous add on like carts, moon buggies etc. So for someone like me that likes their trophies I am forced to race these things :-(

But if AC does not launch with carts then I should be safe ;-)

I should add, this also applies to COD games where you are forced to play Zombies :-(

Not entirely true. I like getting my platinum trophies in these games and they *always* include some ridiculous add on like carts, moon buggies etc. So for someone like me that likes their trophies I am forced to race these things :-(

But if AC does not launch with carts then I should be safe ;-)

I should add, this also applies to COD games where you are forced to play Zombies :-(

Well, I still doubt anyone will stand over your shoulder and force you to collect all the trophies. :sly: FWIW I've never seen a single mention of karts being included in AC, and I'd bet my life that you'll never see a moon buggy. The most ridiculous thing in AC is the new Maserati SUV but by all reports it's actually a hoot to drive. 👍

Even if there were karts in AC you're not forced to drive them, don't like them then just ignore them like you can do with any other car or track you don't like.

Personally I didn't like kart1 in PCars but I really liked superkarts, they're like mini F1 cars, very grippy & very fast.

FS7
Personally I didn't like kart1 in PCars but I really liked superkarts, they're like mini F1 cars, very grippy & very fast.

I never liked them in PCars but in GSCE/Automobilista they're pretty good. I enjoyed them in GT too, they weren't the most accurate but racing them could be hella fun. I've raced petrol and electric karts in real life and both are a freaking blast. I just did a "karting academy" class a couple weekends ago, 4 on-track sessions mixed with class room training.......my arms were like rubber for the next two days! Massive fun though, and I was fourth fastest out of about 20 people, only a half second off the top times (the top two fastest were skinny little whipper-snappers). :cool:

I found the karts in GSCE quite fun. The problem with karts in sims is that everything happens extremely quickly just like in real life and much faster than we are used to in most cars in sim racing. In real life you drive by the seat of your pants in a kart and steering is near instantaneous lock to lock so you can respond extremely quickly but in a sim you're waiting for the FFB and visuals to tell you what's happening and you're often a split second behind.

So far, GSCE is the best I've tried but they still weren't "easy".

I think the best way to describe the difference in "feel" between pCARS and AC is to say that in AC every single car feels connected to the environment. You feel the car and how it responds to the track, and the communication is always exceptionally clear. In comparison, pCARS (when you have the FFB tuned well) is able to give a similar feel in some situations, but it's often hit and miss.

P.S. There are some really cool step cars in game. I love the Ferrari 458 step 3, which is basically a Ferrari Challenge race car (with slicks), just minus the specific graphical changes from the road car.

Does anyone know if the option to remove the animated steering wheel and FOV setting will be in the counsle version?

Sorry if this already been asked and I missed it.

Does anyone know if the option to remove the animated steering wheel and FOV setting will be in the counsle version?

Sorry if this already been asked and I missed it.

I don't know for 100% (not sure if any of us do) but I would certainly presume all those options will be included.

I have a more specific question. I have already read the differences between tire compounds in GT3, GT2, etc. However, has it been shown that the compounds are balanced among each other in the handful of available conditions track? I.e. is there always a go to compound that you can always win with or do you need utilize different compounds? My main gripe with Pcars above anything else is how soft tires (only in GT3, P1, etc) tend to dominate races even in hot, high degradation tracks.

I have a more specific question. I have already read the differences between tire compounds in GT3, GT2, etc. However, has it been shown that the compounds are balanced among each other in the handful of available conditions track? I.e. is there always a go to compound that you can always win with or do you need utilize different compounds? My main gripe with Pcars above anything else is how soft tires (only in GT3, P1, etc) tend to dominate races even in hot, high degradation tracks.

The tires compound choice is dictated by track temperature and how aggressive you drive, so there is no magic compound in AC, it will depend on what the conditions are.

Great thread let's keep it going.

1) How many of each car can you own/access?
2) How many tunes can be saved to each car?

In GT6 you can have 3 tunes per car so I sometimes have more than one car for extra tunes and differentiate it by a different colour (body or wheels) So my questions relate to this.

PBugs was dreadful as there was only one tune and one car. Yes I know you can save fore each track BUT it does not help with different weather or different distance races at a specific track. Or doing tune comparisons or for that matter having a stock version for no tuning lobbies.

Oh and also:
3) Can you nominate your own race race number? Again PBugs asked you for your race number and then never applied it to anything >:-( Also a PITA when watching replays because you are never sure which car was yours also due to the random nature the game allotted cars.

4) On replays can you fix the camera angle like GT6. Pbugs and for that matter Dirt Rally it keeps switching back to inside views. Very annoying >:-(

FS7
Even if there were karts in AC you're not forced to drive them, don't like them then just ignore them like you can do with any other car or track you don't like.

Not if you are trophy hunting ;-)

Great thread let's keep it going.

1) How many of each car can you own/access? You get one of each. No currency in the game, so no bying. You have full access to all cars.
2) How many tunes can be saved to each car? I think as many as you like. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

4) On replays can you fix the camera angle like GT6. PCars and for that matter Dirt Rally it keeps switching back to inside views. Very annoying >:-(. Yes, you can select several cameras and they stay like that. But you can switch manually between different views. For example: F1 switches between different views inside and around the car. You have to press it to switch to one of the different views (cockpit, cockpit dash, chase1, chase2, bumper, bonnet and roof). F3 switches between different trackside cameras. You also have to press this to switch views (TV1, TV2, TV3 and static IIRC). The only camera that switches automatically is F2. That rotates between all other cams IIRC.

Last edited:
Oh and also:
3) Can you nominate your own race race number? Again PBugs asked you for your race number and then never applied it to anything >:-( Also a PITA when watching replays because you are never sure which car was yours also due to the random nature the game allotted cars.

Not really, unfortunately. If you're playing offline you can sometimes select from a handful of liveries that have various numbers on race cars, street cars generally are only solid colors. If you're racing online in pickup mode your livery is assigned "randomly" (based on the order in which you entered the server). I believe if you race online in the pre-register mode you can select your livery but you're still limited to the numbers available which varies per car, some have 4-5 liveries/numbers, some have 15-20.

Back