Assetto Corsa: What to Expect

I am probably new to this game, and have just pre-ordered it for PS4, but I'm curious about all the official car liveries in the game, I hope they're plentiful like PCARS (especially with real life racing liveries) despite having no livery editor like Forza.

Each official car has several liveries as far as I'm aware, usually at least 5-6 different kinds. Some obviously have more than others, unless your really keen on having specific liveries it doesn't take away too much from the experience what livery you have.

Great thread! Thank you. I've been looking around for answers to some of those, so thank you very much.

:cheers:

A few questions if I may, they might be specific to console, but I'll leave them here just incase anyone knows.

• Stat / record tracking? Fastest laps, distance driven ect.
  • Tuning options? How does saving tuning setups work?
  • Max number of players in an Online Lobby?
  • In-Game voice chat?
  • Online / Community features? I noticed you can currently only use the official AC forums if you own a Steam License.

Thanks again.

• Stat / record tracking? Fastest laps, distance driven ect.
  • Max number of players in an Online Lobby?
  • In-Game voice chat?
  • Online / Community features? I noticed you can currently only use the official AC forums if you own a Steam License.

Thanks again.

- Fastest laps are recorded, but distance isn't as far as I've been aware for the past... three years. It could be different for consoles but that remains to be seen.
- Everything you'd expect really. Setups can be saved as a track-specific tune or a generic one.
- While I'm uncertain as I'm not an online racer, I would imagine it's the same (at least on PC) as the maximum number of AI that can occupy the field: 24 (including you).
- Yes.
- None of that has been talked about that I've seen, but the official forums are of course going to be ideal place for interacting with others about AC. It being exclusively tied to AC on Steam is likely to change the day the game launches next month.

• To add to what Slip said, you can save large numbers of tunes. I have at least 10 for several combinations and that's just for one track. You can also access any tune from any track regardless of what track you are on. Also, since AC tracks fuel consumption, you can save tunes for certain distances just by labeling them. So when i tune for a race I'll put in a qualifying tune with the appropriate fuel for just a few laps, then a race tune with full fuel or enough fuel to get to my first pit stop, whatever the case may be. Before the race starts, you sit on the grid for 30-60 seconds and from there you can access your tunes as well. So if you are qualifying and it ends without you realizing it, you can still switch to your race tune while you sit on the grid. You can also make last minute adjustments to any part of the tune while sitting on the grid.
Caveat: This is the pc version, I am assuming the console version is the same.

How do the leaderboards handle all the variables such as assists and surface conditions? Does every car have its own leaderboard for every layout, or is there some kind of class system?
Not sure how it works on console. On pc we use third party apps like RSR Live Timing. You can sort the list by Assists, Tires and Controller. Assists are also listed on the right and if you put a cursor over the "i" it gives you more information about track temps, laps completed, wheel type etc.

Last edited:
the ac forum rules changed a while back. They are also attempting to get psn and xbox integration support so its easier to identify between those users. Not sure how that is coming along.

You can make an account on the official AC forums without steam license but you only have access to the console forum and the News and Announcements section.
its pretty much open access to everything now isnt it, pretty sure they changed it

I have a question lads.
FFB adjustment, I've read that it is fairly simple and easy to configure, unlike the hot mess we were given in PCars.
What's it like please?

I have a question lads.
FFB adjustment, I've read that it is fairly simple and easy to configure, unlike the hot mess we were given in PCars.
What's it like please?
I've seen a few videos showing the FFB settings and yeah, they're a lot easier to figure out than the pCARS minefield. That screen with the Fz, Fy, Fx sliders that we had to figure out what they did is simply explained something like 'road bumps, traction, braking' in AC. Way better. Not 2 pages of jargon to decipher.

I have a question lads.
What's it like please?

The main ones are a "gain" slider which is the strength of the FFB, a minimum force slider which lets you adjust the minimum force your wheel can output, and then three sliders to amplify road feel, slip feel, and curb feel (the curb feel is a "canned" effect that makes flat curbs vibrate, the road and slip feel amplify the existing FFB signal for those two elements). Then each car has it's own FFB strength adjustment which you can adjust on the fly while driving, so you basically set your main "gain" to a happy medium but then you can tweak each car individually if it's a little light/heavy. So, yeah, it's pretty basic and straightforward but works well.

Just what I said ^^ :P

So can we adjust all that stuff from an in-car menu instead of going all the way back to the main menu options? That would be ideal.

Are those downloadable files for the PC version only?, or can they be read and transfered over for use on consoles please?
currently i dont see a console version, anyways crack open the txt file and just read what it says and adjust accordingly. i wonder if you can open txt files in the ps4/xbox because then it would make it pretty easy. or most people will likely just open it on their phones. Not the best implementation i can think of but its something.

So can we adjust all that stuff from an in-car menu instead of going all the way back to the main menu options? That would be ideal.

Sadly, no, most of it's done in the main options menu. But you can adjust the overall FFB of each car while you're on the track, on the PC you hit the + to increase the FFB and - to reduce it, you can't adjust the road/curb/slip parameters but those you generally don't mess with after you get them dialed in.

Just what I said ^^ :P

As Brandon said above, you can't adjust the individual sliders from in game but I've never felt the need to and I doubt you will either. I have one group of FFB settings and I used it on all cars. I do vary my brake gamma settings for ABS vs. No ABS and I have different FFB settings saved for that purpose. You can save multiple setups for FFB in the main menu if you want to. I use different Brake Gamma settings for different NoABS cars for example, different setups for ABS vs. No ABS with paddles and shifter etc. I think Brandon missed the "Enhanced Understeer" effect button as well. It enhances the light feeling you get from understeer and it's quite effective in that regard. You'll never wonder if you're understeering if you use that effect.

currently i dont see a console version, anyways crack open the txt file and just read what it says and adjust accordingly. i wonder if you can open txt files in the ps4/xbox because then it would make it pretty easy. or most people will likely just open it on their phones. Not the best implementation i can think of but its something.
If I can download them and read them on my laptop I'll be more than happy, thank you.
I'm not the best with computers though if I'm honest, I'll get my pal to show me.

What do the S designations (S1, S2, and S3) mean for various cars on the official car list?

Steps. This means different stages of tuning for each car. Either horsepower, suspension upgrades and/or different settings and/or different geometry, aero, even tires available. For example, the F40 S3 is what comes close to the F40 LM

What do the S designations (S1, S2, and S3) mean for various cars on the official car list?

I don't remember the exact reasoning for the numbers, but they're tuned variants. For example, the Stage 3 F40 is basically an LM, sans the extra brutality.

Really, @AlvaroF? How did we literally think of the same example?! :lol:

Steps. This means different stages of tuning for each car. Either horsepower, suspension upgrades and/or different settings and/or different geometry, aero, even tires available. For example, the F40 S3 is what comes close to the F40 LM
Can these S models still be further tuned by us or are they locked down?

You can adjust tire pressure, brake bias, and alignment, but you can't get more power or torque from the engine if that's what you're looking for.

You can adjust tire pressure, brake bias, and alignment, but you can't get more power or torque from the engine if that's what you're looking for.
I really meant do they have all the same setup options as the other cars but I guess they must do, in as much is allowed. That was my dumb question of the day :dunce:

Can these S models still be further tuned by us or are they locked down?

Yes, you can generally make adjustments to the suspension, transmission, etc. But you can't add parts (a la Gran Turismo) to any cars in the game. You can sometimes choose different tires, but each car usually only has tires available that are available to it in the real world (i.e. you can't put street tires on a GT3 race car, nor can you put slicks on a street car).

Yes, you can generally make adjustments to the suspension, transmission, etc. But you can't add parts (a la Gran Turismo) to any cars in the game. You can sometimes choose different tires, but each car usually only has tires available that are available to it in the real world (i.e. you can't put street tires on a GT3 race car, nor can you put slicks on a street car).
One thing I enjoyed about tuning in pCARS was the no adding of parts to change classes etc. Got tired of all that in Forza games and didn't miss it one bit.

Back