Assetto Corsa: What to Expect

The other question I have is if AC has a SPEC/Tuning prohibited setting for our line use and how well does it work? Apparently it doesn't work very well in pcars. I even heard of cars with different amounts of fuel at race start and loopholes for using assists on pcars.

Hi all thanks for all the info, l also would like to know if there is a online fixed stock lobby avaiable?
Can you save cockpit camera pitch/position per car?

Thanks

I believe you can have tuning prohibited in online racing, but I've never done it. And yes, cockpit camera pitch/position is saved per car.

Cheers BrandonW77. Good to know, confused with this fanatec csw v2 and universal hub support buisiness though, no straight answer from either parties. Does it, but not licensed on ps4, so sony doesn't allow the mention of it. Lets hope so!

Are there hood and bumper cams available and are they adjustable for height?
If I host a public lobby, can I set restrictions for driver aids including the dreaded racing line please?

Are there hood and bumper cams available and are they

They're available but I believe the only view you can adjust position on is the proper cockpit view (not the new dash view or any of the others). I could be wrong on that, the only views I've ever tried to adjust position on are dash and cockpit.

Really nice that you can slide on when adjusting your seat position. It isn't restricted in how much you can turn it left/right/up/down/front/back and how much pitch you want. I think in PCARS there was only a bit of leeway and it stopped too soon so i couldn't get all the cockpit views just right.

Are there hood and bumper cams available and are they adjustable for height?
What Brandon says is true. The cockpit cam is the only adjustable one. But you don't need any other, because it can be placed wherever you want it. So you can place it wherever you like on the bonnet or bumper, or in a tree beside the track for that matter, or 10 meters above the car. :) At whatever height and whatever pitch. So basically total freedom. At least that's how it is on PC. I assume it will be the same on console.

Not forgetting that where ever you decide to put the camera, you can also fully adjust the Field Of View at any time as well. It therefore also allows you to create some awesome onboard or otherwise camera angles during replays.

There seems to be a new default view close to the dashboard on the PS4 version video from VVV. He cycled through it at one point.

This same view is in DiRT Rally, Driveclub, etc... Works nicely there

There seems to be a new default view close to the dashboard on the PS4 version video from VVV. He cycled through it at one point.

Another dash cam? So now there are two dash cams?

The dash view in DR is a lot closer to the windshield, so it's not the same.

Another dash cam? So now there are two dash cams?
No, just the dash cam pc players already have.

The dash view in DR is a lot closer to the windshield, so it's not the same.

No, just the dash cam pc players already have.
I watched a vid where one of the Kunos guys said they've made a new dash cam for the console release. He said they went through every single car to make sure the view was just right, so perhaps it is different.

I watched a vid where one of the Kunos guys said they've made a new dash cam for the console release. He said they went through every single car to make sure the view was just right, so perhaps it is different.
I highly doubt there's gonna be 2 different dash views, but maybe i'm wrong.

I didn't mean there would be 2, more of a reworked one for consoles and therefore perhaps a slightly different position/FOV kinda thing to PC? Maybe I'm wrong too lol

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I'd love to see something like Project Car's "Look To Apex" setting in AC.

It feels so natural to me and I really got used to it.

Don't know about console yet, but the pc version has 2 dash cams. The regular dash cam the pc has always had that's adjustable and also the new fixed dash cam that Kunos developed for the console version. My guess is the console wont get the pc adjustable view and have just the fixed on board cam. Don't see why they would go through the trouble of making a new fixed cam for each car if the old adjustable cam is still available. Hope I am wrong, but seems that way to me.

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I'd love to see something like Project Car's "Look To Apex" setting in AC.

It feels so natural to me and I really got used to it.
I played with that function on for over a year, then recently disabled it as I knew AC wouldn't have it. TBH I don't miss it, providing I use a slightly wider FOV of course. Always good to have options though.

Don't know about console yet, but the pc version has 2 dash cams. The regular dash cam the pc has always had that's adjustable and also the new fixed dash cam that Kunos developed for the console version. My guess is the console wont get the pc adjustable view and have just the fixed on board cam. Don't see why they would go through the trouble of making a new fixed cam for each car if the old adjustable cam is still available. Hope I am wrong, but seems that way to me.
Nah the fixed dash cam is indeed similar to Dirt Rally, you don't see the steering wheel even. I'm pretty sure they won't scrap the adjustable cockpit camera because of it.

I think it all depends on if the game allows external API's (not sure if that's the correct term?). Modders can make stuff work, but if the game doesn't send a signal that allows the app to work it won't do much good. I don't know what the norm is on PS4/XBone, maybe all games allow this kind of thing now, but I'm sure if Mr. Belowski can make it work he will.

PCARS was initially limited to a shared memory solution, which was limited to PC (basically, an app directly interfaces with the application, so they have to be on the same machine). But once they launched the UDP-interface and were given the green light by both Sony and Microsoft (this was not a given at the time BTW, if I recall correctly SMS was the first), they basically had a unified interface for all platforms.

If I recall correctly (not sure if it still works that way), AC uses Python plugins on PC (and I think they also used shared memory in the past, maybe even still today?), which won't work on consoles. Not sure if Kunos have a UDP/TCP/whatever interface planned and in place these days? Because that's what's needed to connect a remote app.

I played with that function on for over a year, then recently disabled it as I knew AC wouldn't have it. TBH I don't miss it, providing I use a slightly wider FOV of course. Always good to have options though.
I haven't used that feature in PCars yet. Just saw a YT video. Pretty cool! Does it feel disorienting with regards to steering?

They're available but I believe the only view you can adjust position on is the proper cockpit view (not the new dash view or any of the others). I could be wrong on that, the only views I've ever tried to adjust position on are dash and cockpit.
Brandon, if you drive using the F6 key camera, you virtually can drive from whatever position you want.

Yes, that's a recently added view. So we have the normal cockpit view which can be adjusted and the dash cam which is also in the cockpit but scooted closer to the windscreen and is non-adjustable. The dash cam was added a couple updates ago and was intended to benefit console.

Brandon, if you drive using the F6 key camera, you virtually can drive from whatever position you want.

I was just referring to the preset camera options, of which I believe only the cockpit view is adjustable. Console players won't have an F6 key so I'm not sure what options will be available to them.

I haven't used that feature in PCars yet. Just saw a YT video. Pretty cool! Does it feel disorienting with regards to steering?
I found the default setting too high as it makes the driver's head turn too early before the corner for my liking. Think I settled on around 30 for just a subtle effect. Certainly below halfway. It's more effective at a lower FOV, I used 65 with it and could easily see the apex, but now I've turned it off I'm using a wider FOV to compensate.

For me it is, but I'm using triple screens. Might be different with single.
On a single screen (and when adjusted to taste, alongside with FOV), I think it is natural.

I'm not sure what values I'm using, though.

Yes, that's a recently added view. So we have the normal cockpit view which can be adjusted and the dash cam which is also in the cockpit but scooted closer to the windscreen and is non-adjustable. The dash cam was added a couple updates ago and was intended to benefit console.

I was just referring to the preset camera options, of which I believe only the cockpit view is adjustable. Console players won't have an F6 key so I'm not sure what options will be available to them.

I don't know for sure either.

On a single screen (and when adjusted to taste, alongside with FOV), I think it is natural.

I'm not sure what values I'm using, though.

The best way I found to test it is to drive down a long straight and see if you are happy with the point that the camera turns in before the coming corner. I tried to get mine at the point where I would normally turn my head in my real car, any earlier felt weird.

Back