Backfire screen shots!!

• Thread starter ADBAN
  • 643 comments
Solid Lifters
I know. At some point during the video, there were two tracks to race on. Still, the driver managed to race on the grass and sand.

Amazing wasn't it, and then the driver forgot how to reverse :rolleyes:, and was just up against the billboards moving slowly :yuck:

Oh man, that Wedsport celica looks awesome. Although I remember the Weds celica in GT2 and that was probably the worst GT300 car in the game, oh mind you the old Apexi MR-2 wasn't that good either. And the 2000GT, man I loved that car it was teh cools!

franz
haha .. I am thinking if these people go take a spin in Nurburgring
will they ever past the first section of the track before the time limit?
maybe they do .... with wall-riding

Thats why we need more tracks like Laguna Seca Raceway, where wall-riding is next to impossible. 👍

Well im going to bed. I hope theres some more stuff here when I decide to get up tomorrow.
Thanks alot NavyAD, you made my day with these videos!

A 1965 Toyota Sports 800! Awesome car!

Sports800_05.jpg

Sports800_10.jpg

More pics at the link below if you need it.

www.ies-geneve.ch/2000gt/Sports800/Sports800.html

Pepole that have no clue about driving games or even games in common often drive like this. It's this "I'm afraid of a computer cause I have no clue how to operate it."-thing a lot of people have, it's the same with consoles.

I let my dad drive the Cooper S on Midfield in GT Concept once. I explained him how to accelerate, brake and steer the thing, and it's not like you're gonna get too quick with it. In the first curve he put it directly into the wall, going way too fast. I asked him why he didn't break although the saw the curve coming. He just said: "I forgot!". He's had his driving license for 40 years now, but that doesn't mean he can drive a car in a game properly.

Cheers,
the Interceptor

IMGPO133 - If you look closely at this Video, you will see that when the Supra enters the U-Bend it has its taillights flashing, this is getting to the end of the Video. What could the light flashing signify?

- Applying the brakes at constant interval or Hazard lights, i would like to settle for the latter explanation (Hazard lights).

BMW X5 SPORTS
IMGPO133 - If you look closely at this Video, you will see that when the Supra enters the U-Bend it has its taillights flashing, this is getting to the end of the Video. What could the light flashing signify?

- Applying the brakes at constant interval or Hazard lights, i would like to settle for the latter explanation (Hazard lights).
I think it means it's in penalty.

Found some facts on the Toyota Sports 800.

Toyota Sports 800, called YOTA-HACHI, was developed based on the Paprika which is used an air cooling engine. The 2U 790cc engine with twin carburetors produced 45 horsepower.
The roof adopted the detachable top. The transmission was a four-speed manual which provided with the synchronized mesh in the gears more than two velocities, and two kinds of final ratios were prepared. Maximum speed was 155km.

Weds Celica on Nurburgring is freaking nice
wish the video is longer thou
thanks for the pics .... old school toyotas are sweet ...

wondering how the SS Route5 looks like ....
from prologue, it looks pretty sweet already

Solid Lifters
Toyota Sports 800, called YOTA-HACHI, was developed based on the Paprika which is used an air cooling engine. The 2U 790cc engine with twin carburetors produced 45 horsepower.
The roof adopted the detachable top. The transmission was a four-speed manual which provided with the synchronized mesh in the gears more than two velocities, and two kinds of final ratios were prepared. Maximum speed was 155km.
interesting ... not bad at all for a small car
and think about how old it is

Funny stuff I saw this thread and thought oh no, not another backfire thread. But then today I saw it exploded to 18 pages, so I got curious as to how the heck that happened. Then I saw ADBAN stating that the backfire was real on page 1 or something and I've never caught him being unreliable and I thought wtf? And now here are the vids. Amazing. Thanks all you guys.

but are there any vids on bonnet view...? pics...? that's more interesting than backfire, actually... navyAD mentioned bonnet view earlier, so where is it...?

Hombleracer
but are there any vids on bonnet view...? pics...? that's more interesting than backfire, actually... navyAD mentioned bonnet view earlier, so where is it...?
You can't see much, but you can see something ... he's driving that nike mobile-shoe-thingy by the way.

Attachments

• Motorhauben-Blick.jpg
    Motorhauben-Blick.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 148
Hombleracer
yeah, but that's the nike edition.. special car, special view.. need to see the supra in the same view.. that's a car.. :lol:
NavyAD confirmed the bonnet view though, so I guess we'll have it on every car.

Cheers,
the Interceptor

NavyAD
A. my god, driving on nurburgring in the celica on that rig. until youve done that. you have NOT played GT4 in its purest most immersive form. jesus unreal. every bump. evere thing was just nuts. when i drove on that track EVERYTHING SHOOK.. man it was fukkin awsome.
I HATE you, lol!

No far 3rd person 👎 (I liked that camera, but maybe a new one will be a good replacement)
bonnet cam 👍
Did you say there were other new cameras?

The backfire was very convincing indeed. I see pd has put the heat haze effect back in, bout time. It makes the game look even more realistic. You actually saw fire coming out of the supra, not some simple pop other racers. The fire looked real! I can't wait to see other cars backfire. AD, is it possible for you to get some backfire vids of the celica? and btw, where are the pipes located at on the celica?

After watching all the videos, waiting is torture. The backfires look very very realistic, just breath taking. This and the bonnet view are EPIC news. Thankyou ADBAN and NavyAD!!! ....now if you could only get the game released earlier..;)

Jedi2016
*hyperventilates into paper bag*

BONNET VIEW?!?!?!?!?!?????

*keeps hyperventilating*

Um.. is it just me, or um... IS THIS GAME LOOKING BETTER AND BETTER ALL THE TIME? :D

It is!!!! :dopey: 👍

Back