Not open for further replies.
Tried to do something chromelike on Sting's entry:
!!!Not an entry!!!
notmyownnh5.png

edit: same, but added some blur on the chrome layer:
notmyown2yc6.png

Alright here is my entry.. see attachment :) --- Randy
attachment.php

DD: The first of the 2 designs comes out better ingame. You need to use something that looks very scattered, blotchy and grainy.

The pic I use is a waterfall, turned sideways so that the water is 'falling' left to right (direction of vehicle), I then greyscaled it, solarised it, and increased the gamma slightly.

The actual problem IS the shading. To make it look like chrome you need completely different shading.

Ok like last time i'll try to give a little feedback for each entry.

Danachronism - car seemed rather bland being soild one colour , which was accentuated by a few poor quality logos and that it really isn't contrasting with the main logo.

XGT - Excellent quality logos and very well thought out placement.

Dust - a very good entry, the only let down is the bank name being tilted in order to fit on the engine cowling. Resizing the decal would have been a far better option

Gingiba - a very good entry, my only thought is the light blue that was continued from the engine cowling to the rear wheel arch wasn't necessary, would have looked better being the solid blue like the front wheel arch. excellent quality logos.

Queen Bee - good attempt at your first entry, I think try to use contrasting but not clashing colours betweem your paint job and your sponsers, this way they stand out a bit better. Also avoid painting areas that are not yellow such as the headlight area.

Sharky - The car just seems incomplete even to the point of no numbering, would have liked to have seen this witha bit more work on it. the indelying paintjob was a good starting point.

Sting - The quality of decals I know you can do is there, but I felt somewhat dissapointed by the entry overall. I was really hoping i wouldn't be seeing a red bull, there was a lot of scope in this one. what happened to the nose and rear wing?

Ranhammer - some of the decal quality let down your entry.

Now time to announce the winner....

Honestly this one was a very tough one to judge as there were planty of competent entries but no real standouts. I am a tough judge and overall I thought this very openended task would have created some very varying entries. But interestingly there were very simillar things going on with most.

In the end it was down to XGT, and Sting, with the narrow winner being....

couragece3.gif

I will be posting a decal tutorial on the BATracer workshop forum in the next few days. So those of you wishing to pick up some decal and general painting tips and tricks keep an eye out for it.

Those logos are vectors, therefore infinitely resizeable (:D)- and Photoshop handles them well, for a change.

Could you post 'em up with the shading? I'd love to know how they turned out with it...

Not yet. But if you view the progress MrHat has made on the BATracer forum, you'll see that it shouldn't be too far off.

We are also needing as many people to enter because Matt needs a few more liveries to help him get the shading layers just right. 👍

Here's a preview of what a helmet that I designed will look like with the shading layers added.

helmetjamesht9.gif

I do support the new shading strongly - the current one is too strong.

I'll try to cook something up. If it had that "horn" slightly longer-stretched forward, and three times, it'd look just like my mom's old bike-helmet.

XGT Taipan
Shhhh. I found a few page's of replica vinyl's, there's heaps of NASCAR decals. :D

So... share the link :D

btw, love that helmet design you made.

man i suck at helmet designs. lol

cant think of anything that might look good.

FINAL ENTRY

bulldogaw0.png

-----------------------
helmetjr2.png

tried one, but i'm wondering how it would look with the shading layer applied.

edit: gave it another try:
bulldogpm5.png

grrrr, lee wins in my book. lol

someone gimmie an idea PLEASE!

OK....

ANYTHING EXCEPT RED BULL!!!!

Edit: Here's the "SO FAR" list of RGB's that will be available to non-KT users for the new helmet:

rgb17previewmj8.png

All designs are made by me :)

Not an entry.
This will be my helmet when the switch happens.
helmetscratter.jpg

Common people, I want to see entries from Sting, MrHat, Danni, and some others before this continues.

If you want some guidelines, pick an F1 team as Bee has done and work with that.

Hmmm, I'm terrible when it comes to helmet designs. Why do you think I use a LeeBee lid? lol

I'm making an entry at the moment but it really is apalling :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back