BATracer Livery Competition (Comp #17)

• Thread starter XGT Taipan
  • 506 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
look we need to agree to disagree on this matter and put it to bed and move on.

I found you post inflamatory in the way it was worded, and you found my reply just the same. There is an old saying 2 wrongs don't make a right , but the world is an imperfect place.

Lets just get on with making these liveries and see what can be turned out from this current task.

look we need to agree to disagree on this matter and put it to bed and move on.

I found you post inflamatory in the way it was worded, and you found my reply just the same. There is an old saying 2 wrongs don't make a right , but the world is an imperfect place.

Lets just get on with making these liveries and see what can be turned out from this current task.

Agreed. Now lets make some sweet liveries.

I'm glad we could work things out, the more people competeing in here, the better it is for all. 👍

Cheers and Beers :cheers:

You are both ruining this competition.

People like myself don't usually make skinns but i've been trying hard lately becausre this is fun.

please dont' ruin it.

Right everyone!

Just thought i'd let you know, I am making a livery!! Well, i say i am, at the moment i am trying to. but i'll see how long it last. Bee might help me finish it later tonight.

But watch this space!

rubbishnz6.png

if you look at the filename you know my opinion about the livery.
I have a lack of inspiration lately.

Jamez stole my Energy Drink :(

Still making mine, though blue is a little too popular for my taste - and I've been working with it since the start.

Final Entry:

neovocouragelmpcopyaf5.gif

Altec-Lansing Courage C65

Additional Sponsors: Rockstar Energy-Drinks, Rockstar Games, Bank Leumi, Beretta, AER.

I really like how it turned out - Hope shading-layers didn't ruin anything. I tried hard to match the black lines from the template, so they don't hide the logos too much and blend in nicely - that cooling-vent in the middle of the car is a bitch when you try to fit in a hugeantic logo. BTW, the Rockstar Drink logos at the bottom are within the yellow areas - no parts will "disappear" since I always work with a layer of the original template above anything I work with.
I am so using this car on my next LMES, with AER engines and Pirelli tyres.

And, Her first EVER livery is done!!

Now, be nice to me, as like i said it's my first ever one, and i was using some dodgy program that Bee sent me. I know it's not to your standards but hey, at least i gave it a shot =)

Yeeah.jpg

I do't expect to win.
But at least Jef can shh now, I've done one! :P

For some reason, it has gone a little blurred. Not sure why that is. =S

Probably 'cause you saved it in JPG format, rather than GIF? JPG's Compression mucks up the pictures every time, and GIF limits the number of colours to 256. BATracer uses GIFs... Which don't deform pictures as much. Only the colours :P

Nice livery, though, and cool implementation of that pattern - but where's the Bank sponsor?

but where's the Bank sponsor?

Being the keen observer that I am, see has cleverly included the logo for HSBC in her livery. Nice job Loli for your first time. 👍

I'll try and get mine done tonight.

I'm actually speechless, my baby made a livery..

THIS IS A GREAT DAY FOR ME!

Being the keen observer that I am, see has cleverly included the logo for HSBC in her livery. Nice job Loli for your first time. 👍

Cunning implementation 👍

Excellent work, then - all the sponsors line up with the same colours, and blend in with that mesh. Seriously, great livery. And finally something that doesn't go with the blue everyone's been using.

One C65 with household electronics, energy drink and a bank coming right up!

Paint to the Rescue!

attachment.php

Though this livery may interfere with Jamez' rule of no Real-life liveries.

:sly:

Attachments

• Courage-BC32.jpg
    Courage-BC32.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 87
Bee
I'm actually speechless, my baby made a livery..

THIS IS A GREAT DAY FOR ME!

aand your bestest pal DannAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy has had a nice day.

Not that you caRE OR ANTYHING.

When about 150px wide, it resembles Scott Dixon's IRL car :D
aiwac65wj1.gif

Major sponsor: Aiwa
Minor sponsors: ANZ, V

Would anybody care to apply the shading layer? Matt?

Wow. Some good liveries coming out here.

I decided to go with the more traditional look of best possible sponsorship viewing coverage. I found an artical in an old American Le Man Series magazine which highlighted the most viewed sections of the car by television networks. It proved very helpful. 👍

I also tried to get as many french sponsors as possible, being a french car - with the most used engine also being french. I'm guessing Philips is a US company, and a fairly decent part of the calander is in the US. Not sure where RockStar is from, never heard of them until last night? :confused:

LMESCourageC65Pioneer.gif

Main Sponsor: Pioneer
Minors: Red Bull and HSBC Bank, along with Yokohama Advan, OZ Racing, Spy Sunglasses, Judd Engine Developments and some ALMS decals for realism.

How do you replicated chrome then?

and its meant to replicate silver.

I actually searched for 'chrome' in google images. You'll find some images of digitally designed chrome backgrounds. Searchinng for 'mirror effect' also works :sly:

You don't really want to do what Sharky did, because that adds shading, which will have more shading over it when uploaded and turn out too dark around the bottom of the car.

EDIT: Here's an image that should help simulate chrome. Just change the Gamma to suit you livery.

Simply place your template over the top after adding all sponsor vinyls to replace your transparent colour with a chrome effect.

I'm guessing Philips is a US company, and a fairly decent part of the calander is in the US. Not sure where RockStar is from, never heard of them until last night?

Philips is founded in the Netherlands. There is a rally car in GT even that sais Philips autoradio on the side. (autoradio is dutch for car radio)

And wiki sais that Rockstar (drink, not games) is founded in Las vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back