Bose QC25 Headphones

Rutter200_VR46

just because your breathing doesnt mean your alive
Premium
Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland
GTP_Rutter200
What?
Hey guys just purchased the Bose QC25 headphones. Needed some good quality noise cancelling headphones for a couple of long haul flights I've got coming up. Just a quick question... When I turn the noise cancelling on I can hear a slight fuzzy noise in the headphones. Whenever I put music on I can't hear it and it's not affecting the music at all. It's only audible when nothing is being played.. Is this normal?

Cheers guys

Yes, that is normal. I owned the QC25s for a short while before trading them in for the QC20 in-ear headphones (which I absolutely love, by the way), and both have a soft "white noise" sound if you're not playing any music.

This is caused by how they actually work. Noise-cancelling headphones "listen" to the ambient noise around you and then invert the sound waves to "cancel out" and dampen those sounds. The fuzzy sound you hear is just the inverse of that ambient noise.

Speaking of white noise... here's a tip. If you're in an environment with background noise you want to block out but don't actually want to listen to music, play some actual "white noise" or "pink noise" (there are hundreds of hours worth available on Spotify and YouTube). This helps the noise-cancelling headphones work even better, and helps drown out any voices or music that you want to get rid of without distracting you with a song.

Here's a pink noise sample:

Thanks for the informative reply Jordan! Much appreciated :cheers:

Back