Boston Bombing, Boston Marathon April 15th

• Thread starter Spagetti69
  • 1,061 comments
Hopefully i'll wake up in a few hours with this whole thing finished...

SWAT team troop.

19b01f44-b95a-4747-a540-8446ff5dd619.jpg

Caz
Curious as to why they disnt move in after flash bangs?
Because they probably don't know what's in there. The flash-bangs were probably intended to disorient the suspect and flush him out, putting him in a position where the threat he presented is minimised as he tries to re-orient himself.

Tsarnaev has proven to be very unpredictable so far. He and his brother bombed the marathon. Then they apparently robbed a convenience store, hijacked a car and shot a campus police officer. The police found more explosive devices in the area, whilst the brothers ran. From the sounds of things, they are totally disorganised; the robbery, carjacking and shooting tipped law enforcement off to their presence, even if they weren't aware of who was carrying out the crimes. But it limited their ability to set off the second round of bombs, so why do it at all?

Tsarnaev doesn't appear to have any plan, other than to cause as much damage as possible for as long as possible by whatever means he can. The police probably don't want to give him the opportunity to shoot at them. And they will almost certainly want to take him alive, because they will want to know how he and his brother flew under the radar for so long. Especially when they don't fit the modus operandi of other Chechen terrorists.

Furinkazen
Hopefully i'll wake up in a few hours with this whole thing finished...

SWAT team troop.

Hoping your right, and endedwith no more loss of life.

Prisoner monkey, i know all that. Although it is now believed they had no involvement in the robberies.

Caz
Is it over?!!!! Succsessful recovery. Applause. Walked away from defensive positions!

Yes.

Alive and in custody. Asking for a medic to the scene.

I guess he wasn't ready to die yet.

Slashfan
They got him?

GOT HIM.

Boston.com reporting three college aged kids in new bedford have been detained for questioning with ties to this whole mess.
I need a drink!

ABC still hasn't reported this. Interesting.

They said the dead ones wife/GF has been arrested. They have a 3 year old child together.

70 police vehicles on one street alone...

ABC still hasn't reported this. Interesting.

They said the dead ones wife/GF has been arrested. They have a 3 year old child together.

70 police vehicles on one street alone...

The BBC news channel reported that the suspect had been detained 7 minutes before CNN even knew what was happening. That's the last time I watch an American news channel.

Good news about the arrest, hopefully now the families of the deceased and the victims can get some answers.

Police had orders not to return fire earlier....and they have a machine to tip the boat over the get him out.

Good Job Boston PD and fellow Law enforcement officials. Caz my prayers go out to you and MIT officer Sean Colliers family.

The BBC news channel reported that the suspect had been detained 7 minutes before CNN even knew what was happening.
The rest of the day, BBC was much slower than CNN though. Like I mentioned I usually follow BBC exclusively, but it didn't make sense today.

Do they have a place we can donate money to the families of the deceased officers and those injured/killed in the bombings?

HIs parents would say that....didn't take long.

EDIT:

Suspect is in serious but stable condition. Bleeding out was very evident however.

Do they have a place we can donate money to the families of the deceased officers and those injured/killed in the bombings?
They've only just caught the guy. All their resources until now have been dedicated to doing exactly that, but you're expecting them to have organised charity drives? Give it a few days; something will probably open up.

Back