Breast Cancer Awarness Month In Gt5

• Thread starter Marc274
  • 140 comments
Core GT will be racing All pink cars this Friday, with a parade lap for photo's. Should be great.👍

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=212875

Cheers Ade 👍

Yeah in support of this my series for this Friday's race will be a PINK FRIDAY

I will update this post with our highlights of the race if thats ok with everyone on here?

Also I will add a link to http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/ Who are a UK charity, where I got the Pink Friday from - the idea came from one of our new racers Fuelmyfire to raise the awarness since it's October :)

I'm sure we have or know someone who has been effected by breast cancer, and in our own way, in our virtual online racing worlds, its actually pretty cool to organise this for a good cause!

Who said us gamers were all geeks!? :lol:

Being a part of a family that has been effected by cancer this is a great show of support :bowdown:. I will help anyway I can to spread the word, and in doing so I have posted THIS to bring awarness.

You are all great people for this and I :bowdown: to your efforts :dopey:

I was just wondering, does anyone have a spare Passionate Pink chip I could dupe myself? I really don't want to end up spending a load of money filling up my garage with pink LFAs...

Also, is anyone against me opening a 'main thread' in the Gran Turismo section rather than the Q&A section, complete with banners and pictures in the OP? Just so we can get a wider audience and spread the word. :)

As one of those who could sadly be affected by breast cancer, I thought I ought to show support. I can't believe I've actually painted the car I love most in the world in the colour I hate most in the world, but here she is!

Kyoto-Gion.jpg

As someone currently being affected by breast cancer (though not nearly as much as this time last year, happily said person is on the road to recovery), I though I'd ruin a lovely car.

5580235142_4e5b8d46c5_z.jpg

I've bought myself a car for Breast Cancer Awareness. It's a Fiat 500, tuned up to Abarth 500 esseesse (not sure if I spelled that right) spec and painted Passionate Pink from the Lexus LFA. I've even taken it around the Nurburgring. In that cruise, there were Veyrons, Zonda Rs, Ford GTs, Skylines and other usual high performance cars, so no offense, but a hot pink Fiat 500 going around the Green Hell with those cars must've looked hilarious.

img.php

CGTMainPink.png

Proudly Supporting...

PFLogo.png

OmniusALX - #74
MeIntroPink.png

"Hi Racers! As we all know, October is Breast Cancer Awarness month, and to show our support, this Friday's race will see us all displaying our support on the track, this Friday, is PINK FRIDAY!"

"Many thanks also to Breast Cancer Care UK for the use of the logo for our special event"

PinkFriday.png

Omnius ready for Round 9 👍​

img.php

No obligation, but if anyone wishes to donate - Check HERE

Dear Almost Everyone in this Thread,

How about instead of painting cars in a bloody video game you actually do something worthwhile and donate money to cancer research institutions!

Sincerely,
Captain Obvious.

Last edited:

How about instead of painting cars in a bloody video game you actually do something worthwhile and donate money to cancer research institutions!

Sincerely,
Captain Obvious.

Well, yes. I've done both. 👍

peter_vod69

Sincerely,
Captain Obvious.

Are you assuming we haven't donated anything? If so, you're wrong. I always donate to cancer research.

peter_vod69

Sincerely,
Captain Obvious.

Dear Captain Obvious,

Yes money can help find a cure, but support and awareness can help the suffering. To say that it is not worthwhile, tell that to the person that is going through chemotherapy that you donated a million dollars, but that's all. A card, a hug, or painting a car in this "bloody" video game can help the suffering, or those that have suffered.

You don't have to show your support or compassion, but please do not belittle those that will show there support.

Regards,
Captain Crunch :dopey:

Dear Captain Obvious,

Yes money can help find a cure, but support and awareness can help the suffering. To say that it is not worthwhile, tell that to the person that is going through chemotherapy that you donated a million dollars, but that's all. A card, a hug, or painting a car in this "bloody" video game can help the suffering, or those that have suffered.

You don't have to show your support or compassion, but please do not belittle those that will show there support.

Regards,
Captain Crunch :dopey:

I showed my support by donating 200 dollars this year, last year, and the year before that to the local hospital's cancer care unit.

What did you do?

peter_vod69
I showed my support by donating 200 dollars this year, last year, and the year before that to the local hospital's cancer care unit.

What did you do?

Survived and gave $10,000, every year for the last 10 years to make a wish... and showed support to those that need it.

But that's not the point. Any way to help is the point. Care, compation, and awareness goes a long way to those effected 👍

Sincerely,
Captain Obvious.

We would, if this was a raising money event, which it isn't. Much like I told you in the other thread, we're raising awareness, not money. Members, much like myself, can and have donated in their own time. I thought the title 'Breast Cancer Awareness Month In GT5' was pretty obvious, but seems as though it isn't.

We would, if this was a raising money event, which it isn't. Much like I told you in the other thread, we're raising awareness, not money. Members, much like myself, can and have donated in their own time. I thought the title 'Breast Cancer Awareness Month In GT5' was pretty obvious, but seems as though it isn't.

Awareness by painting cars pink in a video game? Wow - what a huge audience you will reach. Especially while online is broken. Besides - what good is just "awareness"? Aside from not punching women in the breasts, or attentively "groping" my wife every so often, how else (besides my aforementioned donations) am I supposed to use my awareness to help prevent/cure breast cancer?

Point 1: Show me someone who isn't aware of breast cancer, or cancer in general for that matter.

Point 2: This is going to be largely ineffectual. Like those facebook campaigns that require no real effort on anyone's part.

Point 3: "Awareness" without meaningful action is pointless.

Oh well, Pete "likes" this.

Awareness by painting cars pink in a video game? Wow - what a huge audience you will reach. Especially while online is broken. Besides - what good is just "awareness"? Aside from not punching women in the breasts, or attentively "groping" my wife every so often, how else (besides my aforementioned donations) am I supposed to use my awareness to help prevent/cure breast cancer?

Point 1: Show me someone who isn't aware of breast cancer, or cancer in general for that matter.

Point 2: This is going to be largely ineffectual. Like those facebook campaigns that require no real effort on anyone's part.

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot being a nice person and showing respect for those who are suffering was frowned upon these days. I thought we could just all show respect and support for those suffering, I'm sure cancer patients would be delighted to see a community like this showing support. Obviously I was wrong. Nevermind.

peter_vod69

Well them smart one what do u think we should do??? When someone you love has breast cancer you are gonna be sitting in your couch watching tv right? Atleast thats what i understand from u post. So thanks for wreckin the community bro.

Well them smart one what do u think we should do??? When someone you love has breast cancer you are gonna be sitting in your couch watching tv right? Atleast thats what i understand from u post. So thanks for wreckin the community bro.

I... it... what?

Latest Posts

Back