<- BTCC -> Honda Integra RM Cup - Red_Leader Champion, Perfect Apex Teams, rolo Independents

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,660 comments

Which Honda?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just run with the normal handicap/grid/dropscore rules Rolo. At the end of the day it's flawed no matter what you change and the best we can do is a rethink of the system for the next one-make.

I hope that GT6 allows us to add a ballast penalty easily, in which case we could match the real BTCC rules regarding the grids and hopefully solving the issue.

Monaco - Can we have clarification of the track limits and specfically the Nouvelle chicane.

i know its annoying if you miss or have a bad race but i reckon there should be no dropped scores. (just my opinion lol) Also, i thought track limits were defined by white lines, so anything past there is technically off track

Just run with the normal handicap/grid/dropscore rules Rolo. At the end of the day it's flawed no matter what you change and the best we can do is a rethink of the system for the next one-make.

I hope that GT6 allows us to add a ballast penalty easily, in which case we could match the real BTCC rules regarding the grids and hopefully solving the issue.

As in the one we had originally before the change the other day? 2 drop scores again?

I hope so too, if not I kinda think adding weight will be just as impossible in the next game. To police it you'd need to ensure that cars only have certain weight parts added, which will no doubt imbalance the field. Then you'd have to up the power of some cars to make the difference, and if GT6 doesn't have a simpler method of spec checks in lobbies, then checks wouldn't really be possible either. I really hope the spec checking is made much easier, so that you can have power/weight more easily combined.

Yep, just keep it as per normal, 2 dropscores. It's a bit unfair no matter what you do and we can't tell for certain what the total benefit was of missing round 1 was. There was a definate advantage there but who knows how much of a difference it has made? We basically know that the results aren't going to be correct, there is no denying that.

It's a shame that this one-make hasn't really worked very well, the final season on GT5 and it has been a source af aggro, such a shame.

I personally wish that we didn't have the dropscores either, I know that this is just a hobby and life can and does sometimes get in the way, but that's life. The dropscore system can turn the championship on its head, it has done before. Lol.

Last edited:
@ROB 256R So, are you agreeing with me about getting more advantage than canyon or not? Cos essentially you're saying if you'd done 4 rounds you'd have scored more total points than if you did just 3. Isn't that obvious? I'm a bit confused.

Well as I say I'm definitely not trying to sway you either way. It's entirely up to you and what you want.
No, not really. I've started behind canyon on the grid in Race 1 all season. The 'advantage' of missing week 1 has been no more beneficial to me than it has to him. I'm not sure it's very fair to speculate that just because I scored more points than canyon I must have gained more advantage from the situation than him. Maybe he had issues in some of the races? Maybe he pitted to late and the cars he was ahead of got the undercut on him? Maybe a lot of things, too many to understand. Over the 3 weeks (9 races) I only scored, on average, ~3.1pts more than canyon per race. It's hardly a huge amount.

Honestly, you decide how you want the dropped scores to work that best suits the majority. I'm fine with whatever and in all probability it won't matter anyway.

OK in that case I'll revert it back to how it was (2 drop scores).

Sorry for messing everyone around but I'd rather stick to the rules that were set before the season started. I didn't think this season was causing aggro so if it has been then I also apologise for that.

Once the season is all done then we can speculate and discuss how to better implement the handicap system for the next one-make cup (which will have the same 3-race format as this). It's hard to put something new in without running it in practice, and when you do there are often teething problems.

Until then, hopefully everyone can just go out and enjoy the last 3 rounds of the season :) :cheers:

Yep, just keep it as per normal, 2 dropscores. It's a bit unfair no matter what you do and we can't tell for certain what the total benefit was of missing round 1 was. There was a definate advantage there but who knows how much of a difference it has made? We basically know that the results aren't going to be correct, there is no denying that.

It's a shame that this one-make hasn't really worked very well, the final season on GT5 and it has been a source af aggro, such a shame.

I personally wish that we didn't have the dropscores either, I know that this is just a hobby and life can and does sometimes get in the way, but that's life. The dropscore system can turn the championship on its head, it has done before. Lol.
Missing Week 1 did give an advantage for the next 3 weeks. But having agreed I couldn't drop the week 1 score of 0pts, the net result is that of a clear disadvantage. Like I said before, to beat my score from the 3 weeks spent running out of position in Race 1, would not be all that hard, had I contested all 4 weeks. Skeng did it. Rolo did it. I could have done it.

At the end of the day Rob is just a better,smoother,and faster driver than myself...I make no bones about it...as far as an advantage for me well yes I was surprised to start as far up the grid as I did in my first race...as I've steadily climbed the ranks my position has steadily fallen but I did still manage to start from what 3 rd or 4th in race 2 of Fuji with ballast on my car so I'm not exactly slow either...these last few races should prove interesting...very interesting with it being cote d zure...probably gonna be one of my drop scores as I suck at this track...so I'll apologise in advance if I hold anyone up who gets stuck behind me...

2 wheels on the kerbing at the first part of Portier, and at Nouvelle Chicane 2 wheels on the red/white kerbs only (using the portion to the inside is not permitted, unless it's to avoid a crash). No real white lines on this track so it's barrier to barrier otherwise.

Apologies for the rather crude screengrab from a YouTube video and for the very poor Paint skills, but here is an image of the corner below:

The light blue section is the inside run-off area which you are not allowed to use (even with 2 wheels inside). You can have 2 wheels on the kerbing on the apex of the right turn, but no further.

jmg6.png

Keeping it tight through that chicane will be a nice challenge. My only worry is if I get bumped from behind during braking down the hill, I hope that everyone is careful.

It isn't an overtaking circuit so we've got to be patient around here. Actually maybe Captain Mad (Moving Brick Wall) Bean could get a win here, literally anything could happen. :)

If you mean the PP penalty...it shouldn't be too bad, the uphill after turn 1 will be a little harsh, but it's defendable.

The guys with full power also have to be careful with wheelspin out of some of the turns, it won't be as bad for you.

Good news Skeng. It seems as though the PP penalty makes little difference. Bad news, the pits are diabolical and overtaking is going to be seriously difficult. Defending is easy.

Looks like streetking is my main rival this week , just have to beat him 2 out of 3 races .

:)

Is the independents pts messed up ?

Last edited:
Looks like streetking is my main rival this week , just have to beat him 2 out of 3 races .

:)

Rolo's only a point behind me going into Monaco so be weary of him too.

I'll turn up on Thursday and use DS3. Depending on how badly/dangerously I drive I will either stay or not. I haven't used a pad for GT5 for years. Can't even work out whether I prefer the R2/L2 triggers or old school X and [].

Well, that's assuming I can connect and stay connected. I managed a 2hr race last night with no problems so hopefully should be ok now.

I'll turn up on Thursday and use DS3. Depending on how badly/dangerously I drive I will either stay or not. I haven't used a pad for GT5 for years. Can't even work out whether I prefer the R2/L2 triggers or old school X and [].

Well, that's assuming I can connect and stay connected. I managed a 2hr race last night with no problems so hopefully should be ok now.
OMG omg OMG this means I might actually stand a chance against you Rob...Lol...wheel vs wheel I'd lose to you...pad vs pad tho...I hope you get your wheel fixed soon mate...I missed racing with you at Fuji.yeah I know it was a DC issue but still you were missed mate.

Back