<- BTCC -> Honda Integra RM Cup - Red_Leader Champion, Perfect Apex Teams, rolo Independents

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,660 comments

Which Honda?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lol thanks mate never been the DOT, i tried to get out of the battles asap and to drive with as little mistakes i could and cutting the vital draft for followers.. i think the early pit i made saved me from those following me in R1

I think I'm going to return my G27 for a warranty repair/replacement next week so it gets sorted out in time for GT6. I've been putting it off for months because there never seemed to be a good time to do it but the Acc pedal is sticking more and more and it's obviously not going to fix itself. It's costing me lap time and I just can't drive with much consistancy or confidence. It's really taken the fun out of GT for me recently especially when I know I should be going faster. With last nights farcical connection and no guarantee it won't happen to me again next week I can live with missing the rest of this Championship. I'll maybe consider DS3ing the remaining races if nothing else to honour my stewarding duties and keep the numbers up. But I won't enjoy it LOL. Will decide this weekend for certain.

race 1 vid is done it'll be online in a few hours from now. race 2 and race 3 planned for sunday (if nothing pops out..)

Sounds like a plan Rob. At least you'll have it back in time for GT6.
Yep. I've got Battlefield to keep me company till whenever. Hoping for a quick turnaround but having never dealt with this particular customer service/returns dept (PC World) i have no idea how long it's gonna take. I may only miss one week but even that would be too much because I've already burned through my dropped score allowances.

Had no experience with PC World myself either, I got my wheel from Logitech UK and I would assume that's where PC World will probably send it. Hopefully it'll be a painless experience.

Hope so. They happened to be cheapest at the time; 169.99 delivered, 12 months ago to the week. Prices have gone crazy for G27s since then. 220-250 seems about average now. Probably to cover all the warranty replacements! LOL

Shame to hear Rob; but best to get it fixed in time for the new GT.

Was thinking about getting the G27 but they are a bit expensive. With the PS4 out a in a few weeks and christmas round the corner don't think it would be a wise purchase just now.....LOL. Hopefully they have a deal on it again soon.

Disappointing to hear about all the connection issues for the last race, seems to have affected everyone at some stage this season.

Results from Fuji GT:

Race 1:

1. karsten_beoulve
2. Street-King-07 (463 PP)
3. PleaseD1e (465 PP)
4. Glen-Alz-81
5. canyondrifter
6. skengdigi (457 PP)
7. rolo912011 (459 PP)
8. Mrbrendon999
9. CptMadBean
DNF. True-blue-8

Fastest Lap: PleaseD1e - 1:47.794
Lap Leaders: karsten_beoulve, Glen-Alz-81

Race 2:

1. skengdigi
2. rolo912011
3. canyondrifter (465 PP)
4. Mrbrendon999
5. Glen-Alz-81 (463 PP)
6. True-blue-8
7. karsten_beoulve (457 PP)
8. Street-King-07 (459 PP)
9. CptMadBean (warning + 15-second penalty)
DNF. PleaseD1e (461 PP)

Fastest Lap: skengdigi - 1:47.543
Pole Position: skengdigi
Lap Leaders: rolo912011, skengdigi, canyondrifter

Race 3:

1. karsten_beoulve (3-place grid penalty)
2. True-blue-8 (position swap)
3. Street-King-07 (position swap)
4. canyondrifter (461 PP)
5. Glen-Alz-81 (465 PP)
6. rolo912011 (459 PP)
7. PleaseD1e
8. skengdigi (457 PP)
9. CptMadBean

Fastest Lap: Street-King-07 - 1:47.717
Lap Leaders: PleaseD1e, Street-King-07, karsten_beoulve, canyondrifter

---------​

Please PM me if you want your penalties explained, or if you want to appeal. You have 24 hours from the time of this post to appeal.

Points up shortly.

Latest Points:

Drivers' Points:

z67e.png

Teams' Points:

dolg.png

Independents' Points:

kph7.png

---------

---------​

Next Round: Cote d'Azur (21/11/13)

Laps: TBA

Pit Window: TBA

---

Race 1 Grid:
(Dimse91)
1. GTP_PaulMac
2. matty-bacon
3. CptMadBean
4. Mrbrendon999
5. Scaniabebe
6. Weezy_7
7. Strawman__Andy
8. True-blue-8
9. Red_Leader
10. Glen-Alz-81
11. PleaseD1e (465 PP)
12. karsten_beoulve (3-place grid penalty)
13. canyondrifter(463 PP)
14. rolo912011 (461 PP)
15. Street-King-07 (459 PP)
16. skengdigi (457 PP)

The next round will be at Cote d'Azur. 👍

Hmm, this might sound really bad but...

The change to the drop score system was only really put in because Rob and canyon gained a bit of an advantage from the PP handicap for having missed Round 1. If we're honest, Rob has gained more from it than canyon just on pure speed terms and the fact he got more points. canyon hasn't really scored that many more points each week than the guys around him, whereas Rob has done. So, should Rob decide to actually sit out the last 3 rounds, or if he misses next week (and of course that is totally up to him), then would it not make sense to revert the drop scores back to the original 2? Because canyon hasn't gained the same level of advantage as Rob and therefore I don't think the results would be unfairly balanced in the end.

I'm not trying to sway Rob one way or the other, this is just a scenario for if he misses another week.

No offence to Canyon, but Rob is a much quicker driver. It's an akward one this, not easy to tell what advantage has been gained and can't prove anything either. I'm just glad that we've spotted it this season. :D

Looks like the overall race for the title has gone from 4 way down to 3 with 14 points between Skeng, Rolo and I. Independents title chase still looks really really close.

i'm surprised but at the same time happy that this track made it in. I wasn't expecting many others to vote for it

Sainte Devote is going to be hell at the start. Whoever is on the front row will have a clear run.

may i know the whereabouts of this:

1. karsten_beoulve (3-place grid penalty)
2. True-blue-8 (position swap)
3. Street-King-07 (position swap)

did i make a bad move around? also what is the position swap? some glitch happened?

also...

Cote d'azur?

Really? i'm shocked... who where the ones voting it lol?

This is going to be a maturity check race for all the drivers, else it'll end up in a 12 hours work for the stewards and lots or regrets and complains from driver to driver

I'll PM you.

Yeah, I'm surprised it made it in but it will be a new experience for us all, having never raced there in BTCC.

@AudiMan2011 @azidahaka Indeed, everyone is going to have to be very careful and mature in these races. Overtaking will be very tough.

I'm gonna have to put some extra practice in for this one; not really familiar with the track. Very rare that you find anyone in online lobbies that wants to race there.....really looking forward to it though.

Probably won't get on until tomorrow though. Decided to download that Assetto Corsa this morning; so busy playing that.

Im up for any decision with the drop scores , as always whatever is fair for the league and drivers .

Nice track , very hard to pass as we know so I dont expect many pts this week coming

Hmm, this might sound really bad but...

The change to the drop score system was only really put in because Rob and canyon gained a bit of an advantage from the PP handicap for having missed Round 1. If we're honest, Rob has gained more from it than canyon just on pure speed terms and the fact he got more points. canyon hasn't really scored that many more points each week than the guys around him, whereas Rob has done. So, should Rob decide to actually sit out the last 3 rounds, or if he misses next week (and of course that is totally up to him), then would it not make sense to revert the drop scores back to the original 2? Because canyon hasn't gained the same level of advantage as Rob and therefore I don't think the results would be unfairly balanced in the end.

I'm not trying to sway Rob one way or the other, this is just a scenario for if he misses another week.
You say that but had I participated in all of the first 4 races I honestly believe I would have had more total points than I ended up with from just 3 races. You and skeng still managed to be ahead of me on points. So I think it's reasonable to assume I could of at least matched or maybe slightly exceeded your rates of score. All I would've had to do was average 39pts a week to have put me ahead of my 3 week points total.

Anyway, if I was to carry on now, by missing last week I have essentially repeated the 'advantage' gaining scenario by dropping out of the Race 1 handicap zone so I could probably score quite heavily again for maybe the next couple of races. I think the system in general is always going to be flawed in some way or another. In the ideal world there would be no dropped scores but ...

Wow! Monaco. That will be interesting. I'll decide tomorrow whether to carry on or not. If it's simpler for me not to, with regards the dropped scores then that's fine.

@ROB 256R So, are you agreeing with me about getting more advantage than canyon or not? Cos essentially you're saying if you'd done 4 rounds you'd have scored more total points than if you did just 3. Isn't that obvious? I'm a bit confused.

Yes that is something I've noticed. I am beginning to think the PP handicap doesn't work too well when combined with a reverse grid situation. Drop scores are there really to protect against people missing weeks, because you know this isn't a job like real racing, it's just a pick-up-and-drop hobby, and we all have other events in life at times.

Well as I say I'm definitely not trying to sway you either way. It's entirely up to you and what you want.

That's a great capture of the explosion Karsten. What actually happened to me, was Sken and Canyon slowed down for a few seconds and then I was rammed up the bumper as they came back through at warp speed. That would be where my sudden burst of acceleration came from. Lol

Monaco will be good fun. :)

Back