<- BTCC -> Honda Integra RM Cup - Red_Leader Champion, Perfect Apex Teams, rolo Independents

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,660 comments

Which Honda?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You had a slow start to the season but you've been scoring more points each week than the last week. Hopefully you can continue that trend tomorrow. I think you can manage Top 8.

My great wall trend going to happened again tomorrow.

well maybe pushing to hard may see me go well off track :(
1:50:165 best lap so far and I have a feeling I may of cut off a bend doing that lap :crazy:

Yes, I was going to do it with last week's results, but to be honest I forgot! Here are the scores with 1 drop score each:

1. Red_Leader - 153
  2. rolo912011 - 130
  3. Street-King-07 - 130
  4. skengdigi - 126
  5. canyondrifter - 125
  6. PleaseD1e - 111
  7. Strawman_Andy - 106
  8. Glen-Alz-81 - 97
  9. Weezy_7 - 96
  10. True-blue-8 - 79
  11. Scaniabebe - 78
  12. karsten_beoulve - 76

Yes that is something I've learnt this season. Missing Round 1 has given both you and canyon something of an advantage in the early races. I already noticed that and was going to change it for future seasons so that it's based on the previous race results throughout. 👍
To be fair I was surprised at how far up the order I started from during race 1 of my first race this season...but so far so good...not the highest points earner in the room but not too low either ...good luck to everyone for the last few races before GT6 begins..

Hmm, I'm begining to wish that I missed the first race now. :( Never mind, I'll be happy with winning the teams title again.

I'm wondering if the penalties are a bit too harsh, which is a u-turn as I thought that they were fine to begin with.

I know that we can't add weight (tuning prohibited) but I wonder how much added weight would give a lap time equivalent to that of someone running 222bhp.

There are still a few races to go yet, so anything can happen and knowing the BTCC it probably will. ;)

Good luck to everyone tomorrow, it's going to be an interesting race.

Well, what's needed from me is some really good results over the next few weeks (Top 5s)..
Better get the practice for Fuji done tonight.. Suzuka was a disaster!

I think the penalty system works , we have new winners and new faces on the podium

Like rolo said he will have to change the way he sets up grid for race 1 if he was to use this penalty system in future seasons .

I will help him as much as I can for btcc 7 to see how we can penalise the faster driver with either ballast or hp penalties

To be fair, the worst possible driver to get that kind of advantage appears to be Rob! Very close for 2nd!
Yep, sorry about that but it's not as if I planned it. The season was supposed to begin a week earlier and I would have been able to make that but lots couldn't so we delayed it. But it's good we've discovered that the way the reverse grids are calculated is flawed.

If we changed the dropped score rule back to just 1, and it has to come from the second half of the season, that would cancel out any advantage. Wouldn't it? It would mean my opening score of 0 at GVS has to be kept and the total points is a true reflection of everyone's position.

Yep, sorry about that but it's not as if I planned it. The season was supposed to begin a week earlier and I would have been able to make that but lots couldn't so we delayed it. But it's good we've discovered that the way the reverse grids are calculated is flawed.

If we changed the dropped score rule back to just 1, and it has to come from the second half of the season, that would cancel out any advantage. Wouldn't it? It would mean my opening score of 0 at GVS has to be kept and the total points is a true reflection of everyone's position.
This would also alter my quick rise up the leader boards so for the sake of fairness(even tho me missing the first race was due to my ps3 blowing up on me)I'm also in favour of this idea...I can't catch Rob but I could catch a few others so I'm up for the challenge

I think the penalty system works well, and in fact I had considered toughening it very slightly (maybe another 2 or 4 hp).

@SkengD Thank you :cheers: So I take it you're interested in BTCC-7 then? Just noting you haven't been to the thread yet.

@ROB 256R Don't worry mate, not saying you did it on purpose. Just praising your speed. @canyondrifter @ROB 256R Well it would need almost total agreement from all the drivers, but it does seem like a sensible solution. Maybe in the interests of competitiveness I'd have a case for a mid-season change? As you know I'm never too keen on mid-season alterations. Perhaps we could just say that Round 1 is exempt from being dropped, for this season only (in the Drivers' Championship only)? Then still keep the 2 drop scores from the other 7 rounds, which is good for drivers such as Brendon and Weezy.

I just think that given who has been starting at the back all this time with the handicaps in Race 1 it would better if we locked in all of the points for the first half of the season so the handicaps have been proportional to their overall position. It effectively means anyone who missed week 1 is forced to keep their 0 score, in addition to one other dropped score from the last 4 races. Attendance has been really good. Only 3 out of the top 10 have missed a week. 37 out of 40 scores isn't bad, so part of me thinks do we really need 2 dropped scores?

Your counter-suggestion of a 0 score plus 2 other dropped scores means me, canyon and Weez have to make our 5 other scores compete against everyone else's 6 other scores. I know with only one dropped score it would be a similar thing but at least 6 scores vs 7 scores is a slightly better ratio to work with. Do you follow me?

OK that seems like a feasible idea. I'm in agreement with the principle, it just needs the agreement of the majority of drivers before I change anything. I'll hold my hands up to my error with the organisation of the handicap from week to week. It does advantage those who miss Round 1 currently. Would it be too much change to have that altered to the race-by-race basis from today?

Just to clarify, the new deal is that this series would change so that only 1 drop score is available, and this drop score can only be taken from any one of the last four rounds of the season.

So, opinions? I know Rob and canyon are for it, and I'm in agreement too, I'd say we'd need maybe 4/5 others to agree to make it happen.

I'll go with whatever the majority decide. Doesn't bother me either way.

I don't get too worked up about the points/standings anyway. I'm just here for the racing.

I do not think it would make much of a difference in the end, but it's fine by me.

Next time you should consider giving the penalties based only on the championship standings from the preceding week ( to the first five i.e.) and NOT allowing any drop score. This would be far more effective than it is now and place all at the same level.

Not to mention that it would be way more effective in balancing out the field each week (the checks would be really faster to and not require to be remade from one race to another in the same week)

Perhaps we could just say that Round 1 is exempt from being dropped, for this season only (in the Drivers' Championship only)? Then still keep the 2 drop scores from the other 7 rounds, which is good for drivers such as Brendon and Weezy.

This sounds like a good compromise, it doesn't fix the problem, but it will make it much fairer for this season.

Its not easy implementing a new idea, I don't think anyone realised the potential of missing race 1 and gaining a slight advantage. Had everyone been able to attend we wouldn't have picked up on it this season, so it's a good job that Canyon and Rob missed race 1.

OK I'll bring the new solution for drop scores in then.

Second point - should the handicaps for Race 1 be given out based on championship standings from week to week, or based on Race 3 from last week? (starting immediately from now)?

Last edited:
That's a tough one.

Championship standings should have been okay, however the drop score always throws a spanner in the works. (I wish that we didn't have the drop scores, but I understand why we do.) Seeing that the grid is supposed to be a reverse grid based upon the championship, perhaps the PP restriction should still be based upon the championship standings.

Championship definitely. It's a bit mean to penalise someone just because they had one good week. The people at the top of the standings are there because they have had a number of good weeks. So I say penalise them. It should help to bunch up the points gap. Doing it week by week I don't think would.

On a different note...the pit lane entry at Fuji is a chicane of white lines...I'm assuming that the usual rules of keeping two wheels on the track applies. IE not cutting straight thru to the pits....I have been practicing braking into the pits and would be severely handicapped if others don't brake going into it...so I figured I should get clarification .

I think this pit lane is one where you glitch if you don't slow down into it, so I think all will have to slow on entry - that said, there is generally no restrictions on pit-entries, so long as accidents aren't caused involving following cars.

I'm practicing in my lounge if anyone wishes to join.

Back