<- BTCC -> Honda Integra RM Cup - Red_Leader Champion, Perfect Apex Teams, rolo Independents

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,660 comments

Which Honda?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, I don't remember what I said in the past but for today you can cut the hatchings on the inside. How fast you go in is up to you. Remember, if you go too fast, it will glitch you at this track and you'll lose more time than you gain!

As for the entry line, be smart. Don't do a last minute sweep across the track. If you're heading for the pits, gradually head for the right of the circuit.

Just returned home, and I can say that I'm not feeling all that great at all..
Therefore, for the sake of other drivers; I will not be racing tonight - but will stick around to collect the Replays!

Sorry Skeng, really messing the Team up! :/
Also today, I've got some news I'm going to announce..

Just returned home, and I can say that I'm not feeling all that great at all..
Therefore, for the sake of other drivers; I will not be racing tonight - but will stick around to collect the Replays!

Sorry Skeng, really messing the Team up! :/

I think to do that you're going to have to race (and finish within 3 minutes), because I'm not sure if the lounge allows you to save replays if you don't race, or quit after starting.

It does allow you to save, Rolo! 👍
Biggest problem I have at the moment, is trying to get into the Lounge..

Yeah, you cannot save the replay if you Disconnect or join the Lounge mid-way through the race as the Console hasn't been able to collect the data whilst you was away.

However, if you're in the lounge and the race takes place, the console still collects the data for the cars, etc.

Yeah, you cannot save the replay if you Disconnect or join the Lounge mid-way through the race as the Console hasn't been able to collect the data whilst you was away.

However, if you're in the lounge and the race takes place, the console still collects the data for the cars, etc.

Good information to know for BTCC-7 actually, hopefully GT6 will allow that too.

Indeed - hopefully it can be kept on the GT6 Servers for say, an hour after the race and you can access it from there.
Also, what would be useful, is if you could use the Replay on a PC/Mac (would be a god send - as I spend more time at the MacBook Pro than at the PS3)

Cannot get into the Lounge at the moment, will try again later!
On that note, I better announce what I was planning to announce in the Lounge.

For Season 7 (and depending on how I feel at the time about this), I am most likely going to be taking a back seat in the BTCC and not be racing full time (due to time, and the need of rest). I am just letting you guys know about this, as it may well be something that does occur for Season 7 (although I will announce more officially nearer the time). However, business will be as normal for Season 8! 👍

In other news, Humberside Racing will be producing a few Road Versions of the Monster Humberside Racing Honda Integra Type-Rs. The car will be more powerful than stock, and also include the Lime Green Metallic Livery from the HSR Car. Winner of the Honda Cup will receive this model as a congratulations from the Team - as well as all HSR Drivers. This Honda is a Special Edition and only 5 are going to made available! So, good luck to the Champion (and enjoy, HSR Drivers)!

Last edited:
I'm really pissed with the servers tonight, something was seriously wrong.

On each race both Canyon and Skeng lagged, everyone else seemed just fine. When it lagged, they both lost power for about 5 seconds as though they had literally just thrown the controller in the floor. When on a straight they obviously dropped back and then they flew past me again, sometimes they didn't hit me others they did. On a braking zone they would just fly straight on.

It's odd why it was only them, even though I disconnected and rejoined the lobby during race 2 (sorry for the chat box messages) it made no difference at all. It's unusual as I never normally have any problems with them at all.

How did you two join the lobby, was it directly at Rolo's coffee cup, or did one of you click on the others name and then the orange symbol? I'm just trying to work out why it happened, it's really unlike you guys to ever lag at all.

I had cleared my cache, reset the router and I did a connection test during race 2 which gave normal results for me. So I couldn't have done much more to cure it, sorry guys. :(

Lag is one of those great mysteries of the game, we'll probably never fully understand it. Lol

On another disappointed note, my pit stops were bugged too, 12 mph into the pit box each time. Again, I have no idea what causes this to happen, I wasn't too fast into the pits but I still lost out. Grr, I blame the Gremlins.

I hope that this doesn't continue and that the problems tonight were a one-off otherwise I may as well throw in the towel.

Big news from HSR headquaters. It'll be a shame to see you missing Scania, but maybe a rest will do you the world of good. The burning question is, who will fill your seat? I bet that it isn't Andy. :D

Championship-wise, the new drop score system plus Rob's non-score today has just thrown this title fight wide open....

Big news from HSR headquaters. It'll be a shame to see you missing Scania, but maybe a rest will do you the world of good. The burning question is, who will fill your seat? I bet that it isn't Andy. :D

God no, it'd have been a pretty bad bang on the head if I did that! :lol:

This was a crazy set of races, finally gotssome good results, could have been better in race 2 if it wasn't for some crashes i was caught in and power penalty i might have got even a 5th place!

But, hey my best so Far was a 5th so mumbling aftr two wins is kind of silly, lol
Thanks to all that congratulated me, i think it was a 50 or more races since my last victory () Rolo is one that Keeps track of such things lol

Oh forgot to mention that i manage d to record the three races so If i get free time we,'ll get all the races this week

Where did the team name "Buckfast" come from anyway?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckfast_Tonic_Wine

Don't have an explanation for tonight's connection problems. Worst I've ever had. Took ages to navigate the menus. Little clock timer permanently turning. Tried for a whole hour after disconnecting just before the Race 1 spec in. Signing out, resetting PS, resetting router, clearing cache every time, all sorts ...

Managed to complete 1 flying lap in Q but during the grid form up got black screened. That was as close as I got to racing all evening. Meh!

I still think using a private lounge is not really the best idea. Setting up a public lobby with a fixed room ownership usually has less problems. Assuming the host has a good solid connection, anyway.

Last edited:
This was a crazy set of races, finally gotssome good results, could have been better in race 2 if it wasn't for some crashes i was caught in and power penalty i might have got even a 5th place!

But, hey my best so Far was a 5th so mumbling aftr two wins is kind of silly, lol
Thanks to all that congratulated me, i think it was a 50 or more races since my last victory () Rolo is one that Keeps track of such things lol
You won Karsten? Awesome! Congratulations. I was watching Race 1 and saw you were leading, but then disconnected shortly after the pit stops. Good work.

@rob Karsten got 2 wins. ;)

My actual connection speeds seemed fine, it was just 2 cars that were lagging at exactly the same time, it was the weirdest lag I've ever experienced, especially when both guys are normally really good connection wise.

I didn't have any issues joining the lobby, no timer problems, no error messages on GT5 or the PSN. I only signed out so that I could reset everything and then do a speed test. I was hoping that the problem would have gone, but nope.

Street King's connection is usually great for hosting and I'm not sure that it was his fault. With only the same two lagging it was weird.

True Blue mentioned something in the chat too....What was wrong your end True?

I know that it would have been a pain in the backside, but I wished that we could have done a mass exit and re-join to see whether that helped.

The thing with a fixed connection is if the host gets dcd then the entire room dies .

We could do a public lounge but we would also need to know how many are racing to set a room number and try to avoid randoms

T
The thing with a fixed connection is if the host gets dcd then the entire room dies .

We could do a public lounge but we would also need to know how many are racing to set a room number and try to avoid randoms
True. It would be bad if a randomer got in just as Q was coming to an end with the auto race start.

Well there is a way around that, reset the track before qualifying and then do the start manually with the grid set to fastest first.

The biggest problem is that the host has to do all the track resets and grid checks. The host would ideally have to be Rolo and although his internet connection isn't too bad, it isn't the best.

If there are evident problems a mass exit should be forced and everyone should clear their cache. It would take 5 - 10 minutes max and if it prevents a ruined race then it's time well spent.

Last night's lag issues were puzzling..for me everyone was fine until race 2 when Ian's car suddenly appeared in front of mine stopping me dead on the track then slammed me from behind shooting me up the track...ruined my race as I already had Bhp penalty and the other two guys in front just pulled away while my engine was damaged...What a crap nights racing...

going to to do the stewarding work now during my lunch break

so we should get pts out tomorrow

not a good night for me :( race 1 alot of lag and i got taken off at 1st corner, ended up last and disconnected final lap lool. because of this i was unable to set a qualy lap, started last for race 2. not moaning, but got held up by handicaps, but hey, thats racing. mixed emotions for race 3. meant to start 4th but ps3 put me last, lool! then crashed into red at start. the only good thing is how i caught the pack up, overtook everyone. could of won but stupid slip lool but im chuffed at my 3rd place from that. not a good night though, hope everything is better next week. DRIVER OF THE DAY- KARSTEN :)

Back