<- BTCC -> Honda Integra RM Cup - Red_Leader Champion, Perfect Apex Teams, rolo Independents

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,660 comments

Which Honda?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just the Ian lag in race one small vid:

www.youtube.com/embed/5e-WRYyXqY0

Think that was his only lag problem of the night
I saw a little bit from him in Race 2. When he and canyon were leading a few laps in, his car slowed just before the swimming pool complex, as if a controller had gone dead or whatever. So I overtook him and a second or so later he magically appeared about 5 or 6 car lengths in front of me again. And Canyon got a lag start (to me at least) in Race 2. I had to pull out to avoid hitting him (which let rolo through). The grid positions are stupidly close together there though. Maybe a rolling start feature will be available on all tracks in '6? Would be a nice feature.

oh you won't? >_>

:D in any case guys it's early but i want to compliment to all the races of this cool season, it was great to race wheel to wheel to you all; hope to see you in the next BTCC serie and maybe in the endurance serie i'm considering for GT6 :) Can't imagine another group of racers that would do 3 races at monaco with no major problems while racing with the same car and no tune options. TUP guys!

It's definitely been a great first season for me. Fighting with fast drivers and being in the top 4 in the overall title race with 2 rounds to go has been quite an astonishing achievement. There's been ups (wins in Tokyo and Suzuka) and downs (connection issues at Cape Ring and struggling for pace at Monaco) but even so, the season has been a lot of fun for me and I've had my fair share of intense action. I will continue to push at my hardest until the very end to bring the title race right down to the wire.

i hope to be able to make one tomorrow night and another one on monday... tomorrow i'll be busy photographing my city team's football match... Derby against Pisa, we have to win!

Hi guys.with my rise to a fighting chance of the tittle I'm feeling guilty about the advantage I gain by unintentionally missing the first race.although it was unavoidable for me it was never my intention to gain an unfair advantage. So I have come up with a compromise and I'm asking for everyone's input.how does everyone feel about it? If the majority feel I should then I would take an extra half drop score meaning I would therefore be lower and a closer fight for the tittle could be had by all the top 5 guys over the last 2 races...please let me know so I can make an arrangement with rolo...I'm hopefully not treading on anyone's toes by announcing this publicly but the thought of winning or coming higher than I should have is worse for me than remaining silent.

@canyondrifter i dont know m8, that seems a bit strange. the other dropped score would probably come from the last part of the season due to pp penalties so i dont think it will have much of an effect
@azidahaka the only way i can send is from ps3, is that possible?

working on r3 video. it'll be online tomorrow morning i think.

Tried to make the vids shorter and more action packed... let me know your impressions

It is unusually quiet. Though to be fair most people already practised round Laguna before it was postponed, so already know what times people are aiming for.

Hi guys.with my rise to a fighting chance of the tittle I'm feeling guilty about the advantage I gain by unintentionally missing the first race.although it was unavoidable for me it was never my intention to gain an unfair advantage. So I have come up with a compromise and I'm asking for everyone's input.how does everyone feel about it? If the majority feel I should then I would take an extra half drop score meaning I would therefore be lower and a closer fight for the tittle could be had by all the top 5 guys over the last 2 races...please let me know so I can make an arrangement with rolo...I'm hopefully not treading on anyone's toes by announcing this publicly but the thought of winning or coming higher than I should have is worse for me than remaining silent.

If you want to have an extra half drop score, so you'd take 2.5 drop scores and everyone else 2, then I can't stand in your way. I'm not going to influence you either way as I don't want to be seen to be doctoring the results against anyone's will.

If you want to have an extra half drop score, so you'd take 2.5 drop scores and everyone else 2, then I can't stand in your way. I'm not going to influence you either way as I don't want to be seen to be doctoring the results against anyone's will.
Nope this was my idea...I had heard from a few anonymous people about the mixed feelings of my advantage so I put this forward as an act of good will and fair competetive nature.I am willing to take a 2.5 drop score as taking a 3 drop would really cripple me...if that's what everyone or at least the majority want..I can't be any more fair than that...

As for what effect it has or where it comes from...I have a 0, 44,35,44,46,52 so considering I have two full drops that's the 0 and the 35 gone and half of the next lowest score which is the 44...as I have two of them I fail to see what difference it makes because from the second 44 I have been running a pp penalty on race one...but at the end of the day I'm am offering to take off an extra 22 points to level the playing field...

There's still two races to go and I'll let the chips fall where they may...even if Laguna is not my best track I think my chances are still good of finishing in a good place...maybe not top but podium is where I'm aiming...

Last edited:
@azidahaka good video m8, 'True blue sending me messages' i love it lool :) only 1 mistake though, you kept getting me and street mixed up. after pits it was me and you battling and at end of race street was behind you. a tip to tell us apart streets car is lighter and white wheels and mine is darker with orange wheels. but very good though, thanks m8 :)

good to hear your feeling better :) im not sure i havent been able to practice much yet. i cant remember times, but me and canyon were about low 36's (i think)

uhm 34s look like hard to get...
Yeah they are hard but there are a couple of laps worth locked away in those tires...the trick to it is not getting wheelspin mate...minimise your wheelspin to gain time around the track...it's hard but with practice it pays off in a big way...

Did some running this evening and set a 1:34.865 personal best.

Ill do some running after work today since raceday is tomorrow

Canyon i think your crazy for shaving points off yourself but with the reverse grid and penalty system it probably helps put you in a better position in the final races

Ill do some running after work today since raceday is tomorrow

Canyon i think your crazy for shaving points off yourself but with the reverse grid and penalty system it probably helps put you in a better position in the final races
Yeah well atm I'm in second place behind red once you take into account of the drop scores.if red doesn't race this race and I do well then I would take the lead.as I'm 12 points ahead of street who is in 3rd...so with two races left because of the grid place advantage I gained early on jumping from fourth from last had I started in the first circuit to the second or third row on the grid in the second circuit it's my way of evening out the possible higher scores that I had won since...now I'm starting at the back first race so we shall see how well I can really do...I'm hoping for a good clean but hard fight just like Monaco ....crazy yes you bet your a@$& I'm crazy...lol
Helps me? No actually it helps the top 5 drivers as I would go from second to 5th...but at least I'll finish the series with pride knowing that I did everything I could to be a fair and decent competitor.

Last edited:
No wheel now anyway. :( Thanks for the racing but it just doesn't interest me to continue with a pad. Good luck to everyone and I'm sure the eventual winner will be worthy of the title :cheers: My money's on rolo ;)

Final thoughts on this dropped score business; If me and canyon were allowed to drop our week 1 zero score we would've definitely enjoyed an advantage by starting out of position on the R1 (and subsequently the R3 grid see below *) for the next however many races. But, in contrast if we are made to keep our week 1 zero score we are at a disadvantage.

* With the races being in groups of 3, being in a position to get a good result in R1 will generally mean a bad result for R2 but then a good one again in R3. So 2 good races, to 1 bad one. The people who all raced from the start and have been at the back of the grid in R1 nearly all season (skeng, rolo etc.) end up with the opposite; Bad R1 (because of the handicap and rev grid), good R2 and then a bad R3 again. So a ratio of 2 bad races to 1 good one. That's a big swing in potential results and has gone a long way to my 51pt average score per week.

Gutted mate; you gonna have a wheel by next Friday in time for the GT6 release???

This week will be my last in the BTCC; next week is the first of many Christmas nights out

I think rob hit the nail on the head with the 2 good races to 1 bad race and vice versa example of how the penalty / drop score system has affected the season .

2 races to go lets see how it unfolds

Back