<- BTCC -> Honda Integra RM Cup - Red_Leader Champion, Perfect Apex Teams, rolo Independents

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,660 comments

Which Honda?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Results from Laguna Seca:

Race 1:

1. Weezy_7
2. True-blue-8
3. rolo912011 (459 PP)
4. Street-King-07 (463 PP)
5. karsten_beoulve
6. PleaseD1e
7. canyondrifter (461 PP)
8. skengdigi (457 PP)
9. Red_Leader (465 PP)
10. CptMadBean
11. Glen-Alz-81

Fastest Lap: Red_Leader - 1:34.002
Lap Leaders: CptMadBean, True-blue-8, rolo912011, Weezy_7

Race 2:

1. rolo912011 (461 PP)
2. Red_Leader
3. PleaseD1e
4. canyondrifter
5. Street-King-07 (463 PP)
6. Weezy_7 (457 PP)
7. karsten_beoulve (465 PP; position switch)
8. CptMadBean (position switch)
DNF. Glen-Alz-81

Fastest Lap: PleaseD1e - 1:33.942
Pole Position: skengdigi
Lap Leaders: rolo912011, Red_Leader

Race 3:

1. skengdigi
2. Street-King-07 (465 PP)
3. karsten_beoulve
4. Weezy_7
5. rolo912011 (457 PP)
6. canyondrifter (463 PP)
7. PleaseD1e (461 PP)
8. True-blue-8
9. CptMadBean

Fastest Lap: Street-King-07 - 1:34.240
Lap Leaders: skengdigi, PleaseD1e

---------​

Please PM me if you want your penalties explained, or if you want to appeal. You have 24 hours from the time of this post to appeal.

Points up shortly.

Last edited:
Latest Points:

Drivers' Points:

jwwx.png

Teams' Points:

3zn8.png

Independents' Points:

5gt4.png

---------

---------​

Next Round: Nurburgring GP/F (05/12/13)

Laps: TBA

Pit Window: TBA

---

Race 1 Grid:
(Dimse91)
1. GTP_PaulMac
2. matty-bacon
3. CptMadBean
4. Mrbrendon999
5. Scaniabebe
6. Strawman__Andy
7. Weezy_7
8. True-blue-8
9. karsten_beoulve
10. Glen-Alz-81
11. PleaseD1e
12. Red_Leader (465 PP)
13. skengdigi (463 PP)
14. Street-King-07 (461 PP)
15. canyondrifter (459 PP)
16. rolo912011 (457 PP)

Perfect Apex Racing win the Teams' Championship 👍 :cheers:

The season finale will be at Nurburgring GP/F! :)

17 points separating the top 4 overall and 8 points separating the top 2 in Independents are going to require really complex maths to figure out who has to finish where to take the title.

Will start practicing tomorrow for the big finale.

Last edited:
Great track to finish the season on and end my GT5 career. I'm going to miss GT5 and my collection of cars, I wish that I could export some of them to GT6.

Thank you for the official confirmation Rolo. I think that PAR have had the team title pretty much in the bag for a while, consistency and reliability was and always will be the key to winning the teams title and indeed the drivers championship.

I'll try to do some more practice for this race, I didn't have any time to pratice for Laguna until race day and I'm sure that I could have been quicker around there....I think that I gave Canyon a shock when we had a race around Laguna and I hadn't been on GT5 all week. Lol Hopefully I'll get caught up with work and can get time to attack Nurb in the week.

Very interesting. So at the moment 260pts is the target to beat (after all dropped scores have been, well ... dropped).

Here's a crude speculation as to who needs to do what at Nurb to be in with a chance of taking the title.

Technically, rolo can win without doing anything but for every point over 38 he can score at Nurb that target of 260pts will increase. However, if rolo were to score 38pts or less, then the following scenarios would result in a total of 261pts and the overall win;

Street 42pts
Red 43pts
Skeng 55pts
Canyon 57pts

* if any of the above four score less than the amounts shown, they cannot win!

So yeah, mathematically it's a 5 horse race but realistically probably only 3 are in with a shout given that 54+pts from a week is uncharted territory in the series.

Although there is also the possibility my maths is rubbish and all this is complete bollocks. So maybe if someone else could check it's accurate before people start panicking.

Thank you for the official confirmation Rolo. I think that PAR have had the team title pretty much in the bag for a while, consistency and reliability was and always will be the key to winning the teams title and indeed the drivers championship.

I must confess I've since discovered a small boo in amongst all the haze of all the maths. Technically, if Rob scores 0 next week and you and Canyon together score 70 or more, then Buckfast will nick it by a point.

But shhhhhhh, it's all irrelevant, Rob's racing anyway! S**ts**ts**ts**ts**t :P ;)

I'm not confident about cracking 38 to be honest. 457PP is really gonna hurt here I think.

Well if I have to get 57 points then that's me out but Damn it's been fun getting this close to the top.congrats rolo on a fine win...Lol...I agree with Ian on the fact I'll miss a few of my cars but I look forward to setting up some new ones on GT 6 as well in just over a week...WOOP...and thanks for all your hard work Ian best team mate out there...

Same boat here canyon , last two race 2 mishaps with the ps3 or internet have really screwed me over .

I will be driving like maldonado in this final race for btcc on gt5 so watch out for me , might get a warning :)

Am I right in thinking if it's a tie, then there's a count back to see who had the most wins? If that's right then to further complicate things skeng would only actually need 54pts, assuming rolo doesn't win another race at Nurb. So one pt less than initially thought.

Skeng's going all rogue operative for the last week :scared: You leave me no choice. I will see your Maldonado and raise you .............. a 2012 Grosjean! :mischievous: I think there will be a few of us going all out next week. Could be a busy one for the stewards. Might be days after before the eventual winner is decided? How not ideal is it that 3 of the 5 contenders are all stewards! :lol:

Oh, and to to tide me over while PD sort out what the official wheel of GT6 is going to be I ordered a DFGT off Amazon last night. Should be here for Thursday :P so I shouldn't have to embarrass myself with the pad again. Yey!

I must confess I've since discovered a small boo in amongst all the haze of all the maths. Technically, if Rob scores 0 next week and you and Canyon together score 70 or more, then Buckfast will nick it by a point.

But shhhhhhh, it's all irrelevant, Rob's racing anyway! S**ts**ts**ts**ts**t :P ;)

I'm not confident about cracking 38 to be honest. 457PP is really gonna hurt here I think.
That is weird. I score 0 and PAR score 70 or more and it means Buckfast win?!? It must be a very strange system for working out the Teams.

Yeah if it's a tie, then countback on wins, then 2nd if necessary, then 3rds if necessary and so on until we find a winner! Ironically if canyon chose not to take the extra half drop score he'd only be a point behind me currently, and Rob would be 7 ahead if he chose not to.

Well yes, go all out but there's no need to get reckless otherwise the results will look very different after they get published! Maybe we could have one or two 'standby' stewards in case of problems regarding that? (e.g. incident involving two or more stewards).

Regarding the Teams, for Buckfast, Weezy is already out, and if you don't race then it's a blanket 0. That would be the second of the season so both of your drop scores are 0. So you'd be left with 395 points. PAR have already dropped 29, leaving their score at 464. Their second drop score is currently a 70, and if that doesn't change their score will be 394. If you race Rob then it's irrelevant, because Buckfast's other drop score will either be a 36 or whatever less you score next week, so you'd end up behind anyway.

I guess it cant hurt having 2 wheels :)
Well I sent the G27 back, so had nothing since last Friday. Got a feeling the T500 will get updated very shortly so didn't want to buy a 'GT5 spec' one if it was going to be old tech. I'd rather wait. But yeah, DFGT will make a good spare when the time comes. Hate not having a wheel, it's just not the same game with a pad.

Only kidding about 2012 Grosjean rolo

I'll be going all out as well in the finale but I will also fight fair.

To be honest I think that everyone will be going 'all out' whether they are in the title chase or not. The last chance of BTCC glory on GT5 will be in my mind on race day, so I won't be making it easy for anyone.

I had my first ever BTCC win on this track driving a VW Scirroco as a newcomer. I'd love to see some glory here once again, although I seem to struggle with the Honda, I won't be holding back. :D

This will be one awesome battle for the championship title this season, I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends. Good luck to all that are still in the running and congratulations for getting this far.

i hope it'll be a great ending to a great season! too bad brendon fall back long the season, we could have gone for 2nd place...

Or if i teamed up with skeng the team championship would have been a last race excitement :D

still guys at PAR deserved it 100% :tup

Yeh both are insane
I think it was a nice gentlemanly idea of canyon's. Neither of us want to win because of a loophole in the handicap system. i.e. the effect of missing week 1. Maybe we are now further behind than we would have been ordinarily but I for one don't mind. Sounds like canyon doesn't either.

I'd actually like to see rolo take the title anyway. He puts a lot of effort into BTCC and the final championship being run on GT5 would be the perfect reward. And with a guaranteed 260pts it's his to lose. Should make for an exciting Thursday evening! Although to be honest, I think I'm more excited about Friday! GT6 woooooo woooooo!

Did some practice runs on the track for nearly an hour. 21 laps later, I strung together a 2:14.735 personal best.

I think it was a nice gentlemanly idea of canyon's. Neither of us want to win because of a loophole in the handicap system. i.e. the effect of missing week 1. Maybe we are now further behind than we would have been ordinarily but I for one don't mind. Sounds like canyon doesn't either.

I'd actually like to see rolo take the title anyway. He puts a lot of effort into BTCC and the final championship being run on GT5 would be the perfect reward. And with a guaranteed 260pts it's his to lose. Should make for an exciting Thursday evening! Although to be honest, I think I'm more excited about Friday! GT6 woooooo woooooo!
You hit the nail on the head mate.I may be insane and we all know some drivers out there (who shall remain nameless) who would have just carried on regardless of any advantage they gained,but I'm not one of those and Rob is such an excellent driver he can still claw his way up to the top.I'm hoping for a podium if I'm honest but I'll be driving for the win...I can see this one being a proper touring car race...rubbing is racing...if there's a gap then I'm going for it...so all I can say is if you turn in too late and leave the door open expect to be dove in on....obviously I won't try to muscle or barge my way thru ...

Edit- the above statement could be taken out of context so please know that I meant (UN named drivers ) in regards to those underhanded ppl we have all raced against online and did not mean anyone who is currently racing with us.

Last edited:
Did some practice runs on the track for nearly an hour. 21 laps later, I strung together a 2:14.735 personal best.
That's a good time...I must be a quick study cause I got a similar time for two laps one after the other after two practice races...looks like it's going to be a very close race Thursday night...I managed a 2:16.005 whilst running at 459pp without slip so with slip I should be able to keep up...

I'm very puzzled at your time, i got a best of 16.2 and canyon while training along i thing was at 15.7... no i dea how you can enter 14s!

I'm very puzzled at your time, i got a best of 16.2 and canyon while training along i thing was at 15.7... no i dea how you can enter 14s!

14s are possible if you can modulate the power in 3rd gear through turn 3, take turn 5 in 4th before shifting down to 3rd for turn 6, try flat out through the Schumacher-S chicane and take turn 11 in 4th.

Race 2:

1. rolo912011 (461 PP)
2. Red_Leader
3. PleaseD1e
4. canyondrifter
5. Street-King-07 (463 PP)
6. Weezy_7 (457 PP)
7. karsten_beoulve (465 PP; position switch)
8. CptMadBean (position switch)
DNF. Glen-Alz-81

Seems very fair that happened the finish was in the races thinking giving Karsten the place back.
But then thought in race 3 I would be in front of him and in his way again :/

It was a hard pit lane to enter and in my defence:
I blame auto/drive for the ramming of Karsten into the wall, as me braking and hand brake on going left.
Auto drive took over and turned the car right.
Ok crazy driving really but it's a hard pit lane entry pls give me that point :)

1st of congrats to PAR, fully deserved guys top job! :) 4 people to win the title, i cant wait! Also Nurb? yes! of course i'd rather Nordschleife (LOL) but i love this track. my chances of an independence championship is gone. so my object will be to finish 3rd overall (Sorry glen). but i'd just like to say in advance good luck to everyone. what a great season its been and may the best man win :)

Back