cars you hate, vent out your anger here

• Thread starter alfiD
  • 365 comments
Only cars I've developed a disliking towards are usually cars I see too much of. I don't know a whole lot about mechanics and such, all I have opinions on are the appearance and associations each car has with its driver. Personally, I've developed the natural tendency to favour known cars that are of lesser popularity-like a hipster-esque mentality if that explain it a bit. But at the same time, I'm young and still like sporty cars so you won't see me favouring tacky economy vehicles nor would you see me favouring popular cars amongst young drivers. As for examples, VW Golfs.

As an engineering student, they weren't designed for such-

You sound ignorantly one-sided for an engineer in the making.

I think you should consider reading up the opposite end of car engineering and that's car culture. Find the beauty of it rather than indiscriminately disliking something.

What exactly is wrong with that?

I get wanting informed opinions, but on the same token I don't exactly see the point in focusing on something I'm not all that fond of.

There's a reason for everything. "No reason" or "I just do" is the simple automated response for not actually realizing your intended message. You'd be surprised at the results you arrive at when you can't come up with a solid reason why you like or dislike something.

AOS-
Only cars I've developed a disliking towards are usually cars I see too much of. I don't know a whole lot about mechanics and such, all I have opinions on are the appearance and associations each car has with its driver. Personally, I've developed the natural tendency to favour known cars that are of lesser popularity-like a hipster-esque mentality if that explain it a bit. But at the same time, I'm young and still like sporty cars so you won't see me favouring tacky economy vehicles nor would you see me favouring popular cars amongst young drivers. As for examples, VW Golfs.

You sound ignorantly one-sided for an engineer in the making.

I think you should consider reading up the opposite end of car engineering and that's car culture. Find the beauty of it rather than indiscriminately disliking something.

I see the beauty. And I don't know where you get the idea of me being one sided, I mean, I don't have to like them you know? Like you said yourself, I too have seen too much of some cars I don't like.

I didn't say anyone asked me.
lol nothing agaisnt ff's, only some, and it happens to be that some of the cars I dont like are ff. Its almost as if they want me to say "okay. Ffs are cool and I now like civics to conform to your standards". Oh man. I new this thread was going to be controversial.

Mkay, you believe they are trying to imply you should conform to them.

I didn't say "imo" if you are referring to me.
Yes, you did.
Not saying my opinions can't be challenged, I gave my reasons, but when people go on to say "I can't stand people like this in the autmotive world", that is a bit much and somewhat out of topic. In my opinion the honda civic is worthy of hate to me. But hey nice list, very educational.

You don't have to literally say, "IMO". But, you have multiple times now posted that you hate Hondas, & then when "attacked", you respond that that is your opinion & it should be respected.

The only reason people are replying to you is because the reasons for your opinion have almost nothing to do with the actual cars. You hate the owners & that they're FF.

McLaren
Mkay, you believe they are trying to imply you should conform to them.

Yes, you did.

You don't have to literally say, "IMO". But, you have multiple times now posted that you hate Hondas, & then when "attacked", you respond that that is your opinion & it should be respected.

The only reason people are replying to you is because the reasons for your opinion have almost nothing to do with the actual cars. You hate the owners & that they're FF.

Okay. Maybe your right. I don't know. I just don't like them you know? Plain and simple.

Ignorance?How i ask?I have never had fun in a FF car,and until i do,my opinion ( notice how i said my opinion )stands true for me.

Most of the cars I have owned since I could drive have been FF. I learned how to drive them effectively and showcase their strengths. I had the lap record at our local track for FF cars for many years, and I owned the local Touge with my 2000 Sentra SE (stock with suspension + exhaust) for many years as well. They can be quite quick if you know how to drive them correctly.

Ignorance?How i ask?I have never had fun in a FF car,and until i do,my opinion ( notice how i said my opinion )stands true for me.
Gran Turismo doesn't count.

And anyway, if it did, I have lots of fun in the Honda Integra Type R.

R1600Turbo
Most of the cars I have owned since I could drive have been FF. I learned how to drive them effectively and showcase their strengths. I had the lap record at our local track for FF cars for many years, and I owned the local Touge with my 2000 Sentra SE (stock with suspension + exhaust) for many years as well. They can be quite quick if you know how to drive them correctly.

I had that sentra before. Nice car. I got hit by a truck though. Now its gone.

Because you've driven every FF car built & they all drive the same. :rolleyes:

Settle down mate lol:rolleyes: I never said i have driven them all,you are just putting words in my mouth now,i said until i have fun in one,my opinion stands.

There are some nice FFs out the and some rather crappy FFs. The one car i happen to hate the most is the Mini Cooper.

My dad used to own a 2002 Mini Cooper S, and it looked fairly nice. He drove it daily to work and to take me places, but since i almost always traveled with my brother i had to sit in the back. We were all rather tall to be sitting in a car like this, so i usally had to sit in a really odd position. This would continue until 2007, when he sold it.

While he had the car i started to have some back problems. It would get to the point where i had to wear these rock hard shoe inserts to help counter the pain. This did not work at all.

Some time later i was diagnosed with scoliosis, a condition where your spine twists to an uneven shape, causing pain and an uneven back. I would get picked on and bothered in school because of how i looked when i sat. This wasn't limited to kids mind you, i had a band teacher that didn't quite understand my condition.

After i started physical therapy, the pain mostly went away but a few months in we discovered the spine curve had progressed, and our only option was surgery. Last October i had the operation, and it was a success. Having to retrain myself to walk and climb stairs was very difficult, but i was glad everything was coming to an end. I start school again next week.

To this day, i still believe the Mini Cooper was the start of all of this nonsense. I will never own one, nor will i ever sit in one again.

Drive a RenaultSport Clio or Megane or an ITR on some decent B-road. I'm sure there's a few where you live; Queensland's got some great roads.

8My car is FF and it's great, pretty fast with excellent handling, and its 10 years old this year. The time of FF cars being terrible understeer buckets was long gone even when my car was made, there are some awesome FF cars these days. I drove a Citreon DS3 the other day, a sportier model... Now usually I don't really like Citreon they just never appealed to me but this was a real great car, looked great and was quality built and it drove like a dream, no understeer and the brakes were real good.

To the guy above talking about Mini's, my dad used to own a rally mini in the late 70s/early 80s, I hope it makes you feel better knowing that it ended up in 2 pieces in the middle of a field, he killed it dead! As for the new style mini, I've not driven one but If its anything like the GT5 new Mini then those things are great cars, again FF.

The days of FF cars boing boring, slow, understeering buckets are just so long gone. I can understand a hate for the Honda Civic based on the type of people who want to own it, street racers, tuners, drag racers etc. But that largely came from it being a great car in the first place, amazingly reliable engine, great handling and an excellent starting point for tuning, it was these reasons that the car was also adopted for track racing and even rallying. By all accounts the Honda Civic (i'm thinking of the 90s) was a great car, your dislike for it seems to be more around the people who are associated with owning it..

But I get that, completely. As I said BMW's are often seen as cars driven by wankers and drug dealers, and I never liked the styling on them. I know they are amazing cars, not just good cars, but I'd probably never buy one.

I'll just leave this here.

Yep, that looks like FF Hondas suck...

As an engineering student, surely you have to appreciate the engineering that goes into making an FF that fast?

I'll just leave this here.

Yep, that looks like FF Hondas suck...

As an engineering student, surely you have to appreciate the engineering that goes into making an FF that fast?

Yeah suck like a fox
Don't hate the car, hate the driver

This thread:

2ilj8t2.gif

While everyone has their opinion, 99% of the cars here are cars with a place in the market...

I don't have 1 car coming to mind which I hate, but there are many which I would never buy.
But I don't hate them, even the chinese cheap cars, havea place... in China.

Still love the concept of all these cars people hate that they probably haven't driven. Or driving like two resolutely average front-drive cars and deciding all FWDs are rubbish.

To this day, i still believe the Mini Cooper was the start of all of this nonsense. I will never own one, nor will i ever sit in one again.

I have to say, as reasons to hate a car go, it crippling you over a period of several years is fairly convincing :D

That said, I've driven a BINI (a few of them in fact) and they are quite entertaining. You need one of the new Coupes - they don't have back seats :D

There's an article floating about the internets called "No, you are not entitled to your opinion.".

The upshot of it is that retaining an opinion that is based on poor information and poor reasoning after you've been shown better information and better reasoning is effectively saying that you're stupid - and no-one pays any attention whatsoever to stupid people's thoughts because they're stupid.

You're entitled to any opinion for which you can reasonably argue and that can be defended with reason. Then it will be given equal weight to any other opinion that can be reasonably argued and defended.

With that in mind, let's have a look at a couple of posts here.
I don't like FF cars,boring,lifeless things they are.
Front heavy,understeery turd boxes.
Now that's an interesting opinion. I'm sure that you can show that FF cars - and that'll be all of them, since you didn't limit the field - are boring, lifeless, front heavy, understeery turd boxes, because otherwise you're holding an opinion that is based on poor information and poor reasoning - one that can be given no weighting whatsoever.
Settle down mate lol:rolleyes: I never said i have driven them all,you are just putting words in my mouth now,i said until i have fun in one,my opinion stands.
Oh.

Interestingly you've now modified your opinion to a more reasonable one, but are still indignant at the original, ludicrous one being questioned - and claiming it "stands" despite the modification.

Original opinion: I don't like FF cars. They are all boring, lifeless, front heavy, understeery turd boxes
Modified opinion: I don't like the FF cars I have been in because I didn't have fun in them.

The former is based on poor information and poor reasoning. The latter is based on good information and good reasoning. Had you opened with the latter one, the rest of the conversation wouldn't have occurred.

This is the importance of realising what opinions you're entitled to.

Well said Famine!

Just to chime in on the Mini conversation from ^up there^ I have recently driven my first Mini Cooper S, a 2008 model that belongs to my girlfriends mum, and I actually didn't like it. I couldn't completely go in to full attack mode seen as my girlfriends mum was actually in the car with me but I did lean on it a little.

It was funky I'll give it that but the rattles would get on my nerves, the engine had some really weird hesitation when you nailed it, it's almost like the engine is pulling timing or fuel for a second then it engages again. Apparently they have taken it back to the dealer but they said there was no problem.

Anyway other than that the suspension was too hard (and this is coming from someone who owns a sports car with aftermarket coilovers) and it wasn't stable enough for my liking it would want to track to whatever dip in the road was closest. It felt like the car needed to be heavier, which is probably quite natural given its size. The steering was nice and responsive though. Engine performance? Sub par really. But I suppose that's not really what it's for, is it?

General consensus: I don't hate it, I actually quite like the way it looks, I just would never buy one.

But, you did.
I don't like FF cars,boring,lifeless things they are.
Front heavy,understeery turd boxes.

So, basically, because you've never driven a fun FF car, they're all "boring, lifeless" things, until the day you do actually drive one, that statement will remain true. Hence, you must have surely driven them all.

Pure. Ignorance.

bmw-x6-images.jpg

The BMW X6.

I wouldn't say I have the feeling of hate for any determined car, but the BMW X6 gets almost there for me. Getting first on the measurable points, it has a high center of gravity like an SUV without having as much space. On the subjective points it has the slooping roofline of a coupé which instead of adding visual flavor, makes for a busy design. Nearly a very-well fabricated showcar for a tuning company in my honest opinion. Consider the fact that is expensive and there are cars which are either SUVs or Coupés that are priced likewise and far more interesting to me.

I wouldn't say I hate it, but as mechanically competent as it may be, to me it's a pointless niche car on which to drop hard earned money, a triumph of the skilled salesman over a well reasoned buy. An X5, which I would hardly consider if I had the coin to get one, is more practical and less busy looking to me.

to me it's a pointless niche car

Personally I love the X6, but I'm not going to bother arguing about it, you allowed to not like it obviously but I just wanted to point out that niche cars don't appeal to everybody - they wouldn't be niche if they did. Also, no use to you does not equal pointless, it has a point, you just don't agree with it.

Toyota-HiLux.jpg

...And every car similar. Sorry, but I HATE them! They're all a complete eyesores... Nobody can see past them in traffic, and (in Australian cities at least) they're driven exclusively by self-centered knobheads.

I am a big fan of pickups and SUVs. Although, where I live, those kinda things are mainly used by Farmers and Primary-sector workers who do genuinely need the load-space and off-road capabilities. :)
So, in that respect, I have no real reason to dislike them.

Except maybe the hideous BMW X3 :yuck:
I'm 'alright' with the X6, I like any car that breaks the mould. :)

bmw-x6-images.jpg

The BMW X6.
Why would you spend £50 000 on something that doesn't work, completely unnecessary, ugly, over priced, too big and is generally a hateful car.
Don't waste your money, save up a bit more and buy an M5. Practicality is just as good, incredible performance, good looks and you will own one of the best cars on sale today.

I'm okay with new niche models, but car makers should at least make an effort to make them look decent. If Audi can do it with their cars, why can't BMW? The X6 looks like the nasty love child of an X5 and a 6-series. BMW know better than this.

I'm okay with new niche models, but car makers should at least make an effort to make them look decent. If Audi can do it with their cars, why can't BMW? The X6 looks like the nasty love child of an X5 and a 6-series. BMW know better than this.

Lol, Audi design.. how much effort is it to press Ctrl+T?!. But seriously, that's heavily subjective. When Audi get round to showing off their Q6 or whatever they'll call it, they'll do nothing different to what BMW have done.

Latest Posts

Back