cars you hate, vent out your anger here

• Thread starter alfiD
  • 365 comments
Citroën C2
citroen-c2-04.jpg

Citroën C2 VT
sport_red_citroen_c2_1_1i_vt_3dr_2009_lt_br_gt_96635377866004533.jpg

These. Especially the VT. Both horrible looking superminis, that I truly detest the look of.
That's my entire reasoning. :lol:

I judge cars entirely on their looks, and as a result I hate any Mini Cooper except the Original. :)

Last edited:
I'd be curious to know what the majority of owners you see are like because the majority I've seen and met seem like normal people and people I don't mind being associated with. You should stop worrying about what people think of you.

Just my experience with them, I'm not saying all Miata owners are tools, just a majority of the ones I've come across. A majority of them that I've seen are guys trying way to hard to be manly and prove to me their car isn't a girl's car. I don't care if it's a girls car or not, if it's a good car then it's a good car. You don't need to prove your machoness to me.

And where did I suggest that I care what people think when it comes to cars? I just don't want to be around jerks. But I wouldn't buy a Miata anyway. I know they are good cars, but I'm happy with my Neon.

Just my experience with them, I'm not saying all Miata owners are tools, just a majority of the ones I've come across. A majority of them that I've seen are guys trying way to hard to be manly and prove to me their car isn't a girl's car. I don't care if it's a girls car or not, if it's a good car then it's a good car. You don't need to prove your machoness to me.

Must be a Michigan thing.

And where did I suggest that I care what people think when it comes to cars? I just don't want to be around jerks. But I wouldn't buy a Miata anyway. I know they are good cars, but I'm happy with my Neon.

You said...

I just don't want to be associated with what I see as the majority of the owners.

What did you mean by this and why does owning a certain car mean you have to be around jerks?

You said...

What did you mean by this and why does owning a certain car mean you have to be around jerks?

It means that most Miata owners I've met have been major tools. I can't speak, nor am I speaking, for all owners, just the ones I've met.

And I like being involved with the community of the car I own. If they aren't pleasant people it ruins the ownership experience for me. The Focus community is a bit stupid but overall they aren't too bad. Sure there are some jerks but overall they are pretty helpful.

I'm sure there's many people out there that don't care about other owners, and that's fine, I just like the social aspect that comes with car ownership too.

It means that most Miata owners I've met have been major tools. I can't speak, nor am I speaking, for all owners, just the ones I've met.

And I like being involved with the community of the car I own. If they aren't pleasant people it ruins the ownership experience for me. The Focus community is a bit stupid but overall they aren't too bad. Sure there are some jerks but overall they are pretty helpful.

I'm sure there's many people out there that don't care about other owners, and that's fine, I just like the social aspect that comes with car ownership too.

I know you're not saying all Miata owners are tools nor would I care if you did, I just find it odd that most you have met are. It just hasn't been the case for me in the 3 major cities I've lived in and each has had a pleasant community in both clubs and autocross. I have heard people who race spec miata are kinda snobs but that's probably because they're rich. :dopey:

You should stop worrying about what people think of you.

That actually is partially why people hate on cars because of their commonly associated driver archetypes, where one doesn't want to be seen as a supporter/fan of a particular group. Some individuals have displayed that here already.

Chevrolet Volt:

bilde

If I'm going to spend $50,000-60,000 on a car, it sure as hell isn't going to be on one of these "Obamamobiles."

The new M5. BMW sold out big time on this car. Every review I've read of the car said the steering, brakes, and overall handling are numb and uncommunicative. It also tips the scales like a whale. Is this a BMW or a 60s caddy? Don't worry though, its got plenty of straight line power... :banghead: How did they feel okay putting a BMW badge on this car? BMWs used to be built as sedans and coupes that have great handling and balance. The new M5 is anything but that. It's just a brute, blunt, right-pedal punching elephant. It is, however, built for the yuppie wall street investor who made out big and spends his money on a big bad sedan.

Oh, and the 6 series gran coupe. It's a 4 door version of a 2 door car thats a version of a 4 door car. Yikes!

So basically, blah blah blah hate new bmw blah blah. I know it's nothing new haha.

Last edited:
If I'm going to spend $50,000-60,000 on a car,

...that costs $35,000 - $40,0000...

it sure as hell isn't going to be on one of these "Obamamobiles."

...that was developed and announced during George W. Bush's presidency.

-

Of course, if you add the disclaimer:

But Obama bailed out the automakers and forced GM to build a "green car".

George W. Bush started the bail-out before he left office, and no, nobody put a gun to GM's head to build the Volt. Chrysler got bailed out, too, and you don't see them building any hybrids.

Also, the Volt is an engineering masterpiece. It's very reliable, gets good mileage on petrol alone, can go arpund 40 miles on a charge in the real world, and is relatively affordable.

There are few cars that I truly hate, as most have merit, but the Chrysler Sebring and Dodge Avenger make a great case for not bailing out Chrysler. What awful cars.

Beeblebrox237
Also, the Volt is an engineering masterpiece. It's very reliable, gets good mileage on petrol alone, can go arpund 40 miles on a charge in the real world, and is relatively affordable.

There are few cars that I truly hate, as most have merit, but the Chrysler Sebring and Dodge Avenger make a great case for not bailing out Chrysler. What awful cars.

I never saw the point of the sebring. It looks so cheap. I don't know why anyone would ever want to buy one.

I know, especially when you could get something decent for the money. Heck, for 20 grand, you could probably get a used 6 cylinder E39 in good condition with money left to cover the insurance and maintenance.

BMWs used to be built as sedans and coupes that have great handling and balance. The new M5 is anything but that.

BMW in general is starting a downward spiral with its Fxx cars. While the competitors from Mercedes-Benz and even Audi are stepping up to the plate and serving lots of old-BMW-like poised and balanced sports saloons, BMW is moving away from what made them so great. Aside from the M135i which has been getting a lot of rave.

Aston Martin Lagonda '90

800px-aston_martin_lagonda_west_london.jpg

Ew. With a bonnet which can fit a Smart Fortwo, a stupid nose point, the most generic headlights ever, a failed Volvo grille... rant, rant, rant...

Why did they put an Aston Martin badge on this?

Ahhhh I forgot the Bandit. I liked them all, particularly '75-'79. As for trucks, most had 400+ cube engines and were built like absolute tanks, MPG, hauling capactity etc remains unchanged even now....but new trucks lack that special something....built to last......need I say more.

These are not vehicles I hate, just using an example for AMC.

You got that right.

I own a '71 Chevy K20 myself. :D
100_1737.jpg

Aston Martin Lagonda '90

Ew. With a bonnet which can fit a Smart Fortwo, a stupid nose point, the most generic headlights ever, a failed Volvo grille... rant, rant, rant...

Why did they put an Aston Martin badge on this?

I thought it had a Lagonda badge on it?

The chevy cavalier, any chevy cavalier. They are an engineering failure all around, powerwheels has a better interior and ride quality. Don't even get me started on all the kids that think they can make them go fast.:banghead:
Oh and any of those stupid four door saloon, hatchback things like the audi s7 or honda crosstour 🤬

The fact that Toyota has literally sacrificed everything important to a car in the desperate pursuit of fuel economy appals me. They've completely removed the fun, the power, the practicality, the comfort, everything, just to get a few more MPG's. And that to me is stupid and inexcusable.

You mean, they've removed the things that the people who buy them don't care about, to make it better at things they do care about?

I can understand people disliking the Prius, but as reasoning goes, it being "stupid and inexcusable" to make a car appeal to its target market (and it being one of the highest-selling model lines in the US) is a bit daft.

homeforsummer
You mean, they've removed the things that the people who buy them don't care about, to make it better at things they do care about?

I can understand people disliking the Prius, but as reasoning goes, it being "stupid and inexcusable" to make a car appeal to its target market (and it being one of the highest-selling model lines in the US) is a bit daft.

The environment will be polluted one way or the other anyways.

Last edited:
Chevrolet Volt:

bilde

If I'm going to spend $50,000-60,000 on a car, it sure as hell isn't going to be on one of these "Obamamobiles."

I Really like that car, but I prefer it's sister the Ampera...

ampera.jpg

I actually seen a Volt going through my local high-street. Really, extremely surprised and ecstatic. :dopey:

I blame "car enthusiast" media to be honest, they've turned so many people into these anti-everything "enthusiast". Anti-FWD, anti-automatic, anti-hybrid, anti-eco-friendly, anti-whatever else you can throw it here. Top Gear is probably the worse offender of it, and I've often said Top Gear has made the car world stupid.

I think a true car enthusiast should be able to appreciate all kinds of cars. I wish more journalist would write like you do with your articles since you understand the world isn't all about big, shouty, RWD sports cars.

I Really like that car, but I prefer it's sister the Ampera...

I still have a really hard time getting past that emo eyeliner.

I blame "car enthusiast" media to be honest, they've turned so many people into these anti-everything "enthusiast". Anti-FWD, anti-automatic, anti-hybrid, anti-eco-friendly, anti-whatever else you can throw it here. Top Gear is probably the worse offender of it, and I've often said Top Gear has made the car world stupid.

I think a true car enthusiast should be able to appreciate all kinds of cars. I wish more journalist would write like you do with your articles since you understand the world isn't all about big, shouty, RWD sports cars.

I understand your TopGear related criticisms. I used to think that the TG magazine was the most informative magazine for an avid motor fan; then I got a culture shock when I started reading more mature magazines like AutoCar, where it's not all RWD, TwinTurbo, Hybrid-Hating idiocy. It's a shame that nowadays the quality of a car is dictated by 3 middle-aged morons who encourage people to make posts like "FWDs are stupid and heavy and slow XPPP"

------

BTW, "emo eyeiner" :lol: Nice way of describing it. :P

At the moment my least favorite car is my mom's 2012 Accord. It's the 4 cylinder model and overall it's a great car, with a big interior, storage space, plenty of power and good mileage. But one thing ruins it: the driver's seat. Even on its lowest setting the lumbar support feels like the Undertaker is breaking my back over his knee. It makes for a god awful driving experience. Definitely ranks as one of the most uncomfortable chairs I've ever sat in.

Of course, in my car I enjoy a hard-shell, organically shaped racing bucket lined with memory foam padding with a breathable synthetic fabric. Maybe that doesn't promote the best posture but it supports every inch of me, unlike the Honda seat which has pressure points under my thighs thanks to the hard, flat bottom cushion and rail-like lumber support which doesn't even allow my shoulders to touch the seatback. My stock Mazda seat is miles better and that's from 1991.

The only thing I don't honestly like about the Prius is the styling.

I like the Prius's styling for what it is: aerodynamic. It's otherwise a lot like most other Toyotas: soulless. The Prius, from what I've heard, is an appliance. It's very reliable and economical, though.

I like the Prius's styling for what it is: aerodynamic. It's otherwise a lot like most other Toyotas: soulless. The Prius, from what I've heard, is an appliance. It's very reliable and economical, though.

It's not that I don't get or appreciate that it's aerodynamic, it's the fact like you said, theres no soul or feeling that went into it. That said, I still think the way the rear end is shaped is hideous and I cannot stand how small the cabin is.

Yeah, the rear end could use some work. Also, the MB CLA and Tesla Model S are more aerodynamic, and they're both beautiful cars. Even if you don't like them, at least they have some soul.

Back